PDA

View Full Version : My real problem with poison (stacks)

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 05:06
My real problem as a PPU with the Devourer is not so much that it does a lot of damage...it's the stacks that fill up your screen

Same as toxic beam, which fires really fast and fills one's screen up with stacks

as a PPU when this happens, i don't fucking care if the damage kills me, good game! but what really kills me is that i can no longer see my buffs, i can no longer see if my heal is on, i can't see shit and i can't fucking do shit cause my whole screen is filled with poison stacks

especially bad when in the heat of combat 2 dev tanks are poison stacking you, one APU is poison stacking you, big deal not doin much damage...but then one hidden APU is anti-buffing you, and you can't see that your shields are gone cause your screen is filled with fucking poison stacks....

then you're dead

happens all too often, do something about it, fuck if i know

maybe make buffs go on the left side and damage stacks go on the right side...whatever i don't see how ANYONE could be against this considering it's almost abusing a game mechanic to fuck up your screen so cause you to die

edit: again just so you know i'm not bitching about Dev damage OR about poison damage in general, i even have a thread going saying to make poison stronger

this is totally about the fact that it fills your screen so much

Psycho Killa
18-02-04, 05:14
we've had a few of these posts and i agree with u but let me show u the arguments against this.

STFU NOOB ITS A FUCKING TACTIC TO KILL PPUS OMG....

(Right having your buffs you casted first go to the top of the screen is a valid tactic! ok)

PPUS ARE OVERPOWERED AS IT IS NO REASON TO HELP THEM

(I agree ppus are overpowered but overpoweredness is no excuse to keep FUCKED UP game mechanics)

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 17:10
sooooo....no other PPUs have ever experienced this problem?

Strych9
18-02-04, 17:18
Cant fathom how anyone could argue against this.

ghandisfury
18-02-04, 17:23
Yes I have, and I totally agree. Instead of having the poison stack the full length of your screen, have it say "poison x 20"...

5 stars.

Eledhbrant
18-02-04, 17:27
5 stars, fucking annoying tactic, I have to spam heal and/or check to see if yellow dots are floating off my head just to keep myself alive :wtf:

Peter Andre
18-02-04, 17:30
i am all for this BUT.... is it really that hard to cast anti poision sanc??? i know u can hardly stand still tab swap it into ur belt cast and swap back however it has found a way into my QB perminantly for this reason

El_MUERkO
18-02-04, 17:30
Holy De-buff and teamwork can take down a PPU in no time at all andthis doesnt just effect PPUs, I'd like to see it fixed so the poison scrolled off the screen rather than the buffs.

cRazy2003
18-02-04, 17:50
ive said lots of times before just keep all ur buffs on the bottom of the stack and any fire or poison stacks go on top of the buffs so u can always see them

phunqe
18-02-04, 18:01
Ok this is going to come off as a ego bloated statement, but it is my experience...

I did not have the problem since I had my timings in my head. Basically I knew when to recast stuff more or less on the second. I didn't train especially for it, it just came naturally when I played the PPU for so long.

For myself, I don't care. But I do understand the problem.

LTA
18-02-04, 18:02
Originally posted by cRazy2003
ive said lots of times before just keep all ur buffs on the bottom of the stack and any fire or poison stacks go on top of the buffs so u can always see them

how do i go about setting my locations for the stacks to be shown?
is it a hidden option?

I always cast my first.... so the only other way i can see is casting em last... but then that wouldnt make sense.

Strych9
18-02-04, 18:02
Originally posted by Peter Andre
i am all for this BUT.... is it really that hard to cast anti poision sanc???It is when you have less than 96 Psi.

Remember, this affects players of all levels, and not just PPUs.

cRazy2003
18-02-04, 18:05
Originally posted by LTA
how do i go about setting my locations for the stacks to be shown?
is it a hidden option?

I always cast my first.... so the only other way i can see is casting em last... but then that wouldnt make sense.

nah i mean i think this should be implemented based on what zonevortex said

LTA
18-02-04, 18:07
Originally posted by cRazy2003
nah i mean i think this should be implemented based on what zonevortex said

lol soz my misunderstanding....

it's the wording honest!

or i cant read for shit :(

KramerTheWeird
18-02-04, 18:11
Have stacks of the same effect have x2 x3 next to them instead of adding a new effect notice. That'll solve some problems.

Strych9
18-02-04, 18:18
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
Have stacks of the same effect have x2 x3 next to them instead of adding a new effect notice. That'll solve some problems. Problem though is seeing when they wear off.

You get one, and then you get another a few ticks later. It shows it as poison x2, but the first one will wear off much sooner.

The individual lines are needed to show individual progress of the poison attacks.

So we either remove the countown for poison and combine em... or just move em on top of buffs (or on the other side of the screen).

Carinth
18-02-04, 20:15
psycho summed it up pretty well : ) This the same as using noob buffs to kill a ppu. Abusing a game mechanic to artificialy weaken a ppu. If you try to have something done about it, people will scream that ppu's are overpowered and this is their only way to kill them. That attitude is why I'm happily nolonger a pvp ppu.

I suggested a while back that you seperate buff icons in one of two ways. In either case, one type is on the left side of the screen, the other is on the right. You could have offensive buffs on the left and defensive buffs on the right. Poison/fire/dmgboost/shock would all be on the left. On the right would be the buffs that keep a ppu alive. Alternately you could split them between self cast and foreign cast. Anything casted on you from another player goes on the left and anythin you cast is on the right. This has the added bonus of weakenin foreign cast shelters.

spongeb0b
18-02-04, 21:42
edit: nm beat me to it!