PDA

View Full Version : Make nades like kamikaze drones

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 04:59
I say change hand grenades to be like mini kamikaze drones

obviously this means....make storeboughts "poor" quality

make it so they need to be researched / constructed to get a higher quality

spread out the TLs, make them like TL 15, 51, and 84, and make damage appropriate depending on the TL

don't make them as strong as kamikaze drones as obviously one can throw hand nades faster and get them more easily than one can get decent kamikaze drones, but right now they're a useless item

also maybe add napalm hand nades, toxic hand nades, radioactive hand nades, you get it, different stacks, whatever

just would be another new toy for the tanks who complain about only having one or two decent weapons, plus it's something totally new for them

edit: Damnit i forgot to make it a poll again, oh well

iainy13
18-02-04, 05:04
i agree 100% n it would be easy to do aswell. if i knew how to give you 5 stars i would. im goinna go find out how i think.

lol its right at the bottem of the page... didnt know sicne beta :lol:

Valkyrie
18-02-04, 05:08
I can see KKs dilemma with nades..make them too powerful and tank will just jump around throwing nades everywhere in op battles and it will be silly. I quite like the idea of having rare nades that work like drones - ie BPable, but the copies aint so good. And have them weigh a fair bit so you cant carry too many.

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 05:09
Originally posted by Valkyrie
I can see KKs dilemma with nades..make them too powerful and tank will just jump around throwing nades everywhere in op battles and it will be silly. I quite like the idea of having rare nades that work like drones - ie BPable, but the copies aint so good. And have them weigh a fair bit so you cant carry too many.

yeah sure it would need balancing, but somethin should be done with those shitty useless nades heh

maybe give them a timer so people have a chance to clear out, whatever

Psycho Killa
18-02-04, 05:11
I like the timer Idea if you make them extra strong that is.

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 05:12
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
I like the timer Idea if you make them extra strong that is.
exactly...nades would be strong enough to be especially usefull in OP fights...catch the enemy grouped together and too busy for a sec and BOOM they're all needin some healage real fast baby

Psycho Killa
18-02-04, 05:15
Im all for it I think tanks should be the masters of AOE while apus do the most single fire damage.

Artie
18-02-04, 05:16
funny thing about nades...they're HC so that means you move hella slow (like you're holding oh, say, a PLASMA CANNON LOL) and when you throw them they do the equiv damage of a n00b tradeskilling spy with a poor stiletto.

Boost. Any boost. That would rock.

amfest
18-02-04, 06:05
wasn't the TG epic item suppose to eventually be a special grenade? I wonder how effective that's going to be is so

Varaem
18-02-04, 06:07
Nades could be upgraded by letting them stack like medkits/boosters in your quickbelt... i was gonna use hand grenades until i realized that after 10 shots or so, you have to load more nades in your belt. :(

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 06:45
Originally posted by Varaem
Nades could be upgraded by letting them stack like medkits/boosters in your quickbelt... i was gonna use hand grenades until i realized that after 10 shots or so, you have to load more nades in your belt. :(
and until you realized that the highest TL one does about 5 damage to a buffed PE and 10 damage to an unbuffed tank :eek:

amfest
18-02-04, 06:53
well then use the usual tactic of waiting till they are almost dead from hunting then you can pwn them with a nade :rolleyes:

Heavyporker
18-02-04, 07:22
I don't like the idea of adding more "busyness" to hand greandes until they're sorted out. By this I mean damage types, needing to be csted for quality, and all that mind-numbing shit.

Now, make them need no subskill to use - just straight up STR/DEX. TL 15, 35, 50, and 75 (TG epic grenade)

Belt-stackable, defintely (in units of 5 or so)

Different damage types don't really appeal, really - Leave the elemental damage types to the Grenade Launchers, ok? What you want are like Shock Grenades (think of them as one-tick parashock barrels) , flash grenades (more than easy enough to implement - just think of looking into a multi energy bolt cast), and smoke grenades (smoke effects already in game). Just... don't make damage-mod hand grenades. IT doesn't fit, there's already damage-type grenades, and the game desperately needs some more unique weapon abilities.

I proposed that trash grenades be clonable, since after all, they're made of trash.

And sheesh, H-C Gentanks already masters of AoE, they don't need to be "made" masters.

dem0n
18-02-04, 09:56
you can't make nades like kamikaze drones... that would be too easy, to have deal a punch like the kamikaze in 1 sec, unlike having to relese it and operate it. I don't know NADES ARE USELESS atm.

I think new nades have to be added, plasma, fusion, inferno >:D!

FatDogg
18-02-04, 10:44
make nades decent and easily clonable damnit!

Leebzie
18-02-04, 10:50
Problem is the idea that you need 'heavy combat' (use of huge plasma cannons, laser cannons etc) to throw a hand grenade :wtf:

Grenades would become a lot more useful if they made it so everyone could use them, and the throwing distance depended on a combination of DEX/STR/ath/agil (because tanks would still be able to throw the furthest, which is at least RP correct)

I cant think of one good reason any class couldnt use a hand grenade.

Archeus
18-02-04, 10:51
Rare Nade.. Holy Handgrenade ^____^

Make it BP'able and same TL as the revenge. Should keep the mass production down.

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 17:09
hell yeah!

Bring on the hand grenade REVOLUTION!

Heavyporker
18-02-04, 17:14
actualy, what'd improve them a LOT would be that using a BP of a grenade makes like 5 nades.

be a LOT more efficient using nades, then.

Dribble Joy
18-02-04, 17:20
Petrol bombs.

Grenades with a barrel affect.

Strych9
18-02-04, 17:21
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Im all for it I think tanks should be the masters of AOE while apus do the most single fire damage. I am quite fond of that philosophy actually.

Elric
18-02-04, 17:59
Jeeez, Everyone seems to forget the full name.

Its, The Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch.

Monty Python rules...

NI!

Its not dead... Its sleeping

Strych9
18-02-04, 19:13
Its pining for the fiords.

Clownst0pper
18-02-04, 19:50
Rare Napalm hand grenade BPable that is like 90 str requirment.

And does a nice AOE.

Im down :lol:

Rai Wong
18-02-04, 20:14
they need to be made non-sub skill, I think tanks have enough moonstriker/devourer/cs/ravager now add grenades? rofl I will only agree with the idea if it simply doesn't side only with the gentank

No way grenades made heavy combatt...I disagree it would be a dex weapon in real life, but then does realism matter in a game? I would vote it to be tech combat. I myself see no point of gentanks use a grenade, its easier to use a monstriker or ravager. maybe even make it a PE weapon, they are the class that suck at op fights now....really.

mdares
19-02-04, 01:55
I think nades should just be a str req... no HC reqs no any other reqs... just STR... (i mean seriously how hard is it to pull a pin and throw?)

Psycho Killa
19-02-04, 02:07
Then again how hard is it to pick up a pistol and pull the trigger?

FatDogg
19-02-04, 09:20
honestly now, how hard is it to concetrate all of your mind power to focus on the psychic energues of the world to hurl a bolt of lightning down on your enemies? remove the APU req from HL for the sake of the comunity....

I do however think that nades should have no HC req only TC.

jj dynomite
19-02-04, 11:56
Really good idea ZV...It makes perfect sense.