PDA

View Full Version : Ppus ruin the game.

Psycho Killa
18-02-04, 04:13
Its pretty annoying when you have 2 private eyes vs an apu/ ppu combo and YOU DO ZERO DAMAGE.

I understand that one is the highest defense and one is the highest damage dealer but come on when they out heal TWO people shooting them its pretty fucking rediculous.

Anyways my point is this game will never ever ever be balanced with ppus in the game NEVER....

This is coming from someone playing a ppu for well over a year. Its rediculous I dont know how many times me and one other person have whiped the floor with an army sure its fun for us but its pretty rediculous.

Whatever im just pissed at this game right now.

Artie
18-02-04, 04:16
lol psych.

With a fully capped libby you can outdamage a ppu with heal going. (and medpacking). It's just a matter of where you hit and their resist setup. Go for the apu first, then all the parashocking in the world won't hurt you. :)

Just remember psych...think before you irritatedly post. That's what got me banned. :angel:

Psycho Killa
18-02-04, 04:23
I didnt insult anyone or anything.

I just cant beleive people are spoiled.

Its not so much I hate ppues I hate the fact that NOONE goes anywhere without a ppu anymore. Me and megaman are running around with like 10 item drop and these people have safe slot and need to bring a ppu its rediuclous.

People are spoiled by ppu's

And its true I see no balance for ppus.

Suler was hitting the dude with a pain easer....

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 04:31
hmmm

i can't out damage a PPU's capped holy heal with my lib...

not even when they are damage boosted

that's force modded, capped damage, aiming for the head

i agree, and i think a self shields only would fix PPU overpower

Psychoninja
18-02-04, 04:45
Me and shad took out a high lvl PPU monk yesterday.

Fireapoc + Lib = dead, but tbh it was a bit easy so it's more about a PPUs skill in this case.

Anyways, back to the bitching. I've been playing my PE for the last few days and I'm enjoying it better than being a APU monk atm. Got tired of depending on a PPU because the majority of the time, I didn't have anyone to PPU me, and everyone else I fight seems to have one or two (or three in some cases...)

I think hell will freeze over before PPUs are removed :(

Psycho Killa
18-02-04, 04:47
I know ppus can be brought dont but its just rediculous how 1 person is just to damn important in a small skirmish if one side has a ppu and u dont you might as well hit killself.

\\Fényx//
18-02-04, 04:51
Holy Heal is the problem, it nullify's all damage, you need a ARMY to outdamage holy heal O_o

Psychoninja
18-02-04, 04:52
That was after we killed the 3 other people he was PPUing.

:p

I do agree that too many people rely on PPUs. I find it funny how some people just stop fighting as soon as the PPU has to leave.

Psycho Killa
18-02-04, 04:54
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
you need a ARMY to outdamage holy heal O_o

I agree but whatever its ok theyre not to important they suck and have been nerfed because it takes longer to res so we shouldnt touch them.

I mean come on I played a ppu for over a year I think I can tell that ppu's are still overpowered.

AND FOR FUCK SAKES NERF HOLY PARA HALO TO SHIT ALREADY.

mdares
18-02-04, 04:54
if u get lucky u can kill a ppu with a mosquito drone... just thought i'd add that.

but yeah i've only been full time ppu for 1 week (not even capped) and its amazing for the demands... i mean shit man ... (and i have for hte record no dislike of being ppu but i do hate how everyone and their grandma wants one...)

Psycho Killa
18-02-04, 04:56
Ya I wouldnt hate ppus so much if people had the balls to venture out without one every once in a while.

Heaven forbid you die and have to generep out!

OMG an imp popped out holy shit the world is going to fucking end. The apocolypse is coming AGAIN!

Omg someone call the police I had to generep out!@!

Invertigo
18-02-04, 05:25
were you both using libby's? or energy weapons...

because a libby tears my APU apart, even with holy def and a heal running...

Shujin
18-02-04, 05:58
i pwned a unbuffed capped ppu the other day, he dm'd me cussin me out saying it wasnt fair because he wasnt buffed ;]

oh im so sry next time ill make sure u can buff up so ever one of my hits does absolutly nothing meanwhile u can call on some of ur friends to kill me since you cant yourself.

Benjie
18-02-04, 05:59
Originally posted by Artie
With a fully capped libby you can outdamage a ppu with heal going. :angel:
Thats besides the point.

PPU's ruin combat in other ways.

Making buffs self-cast only would even thoungs out a lot. In fact, it would solve the problem completely. (well, almost. There would still be parashock, and that is so lame.)

Personally, I wish they gave PPU monks a dozen new spells of different types and 3 variations. Ones that didn't ruin PvP. Then remove parashock and make buffs self-cast only. Who will be left to complain then?

KimmyG
18-02-04, 05:59
Now people are trying to get there own classes nerfed a new low

Benjie
18-02-04, 06:01
Originally posted by KimmyG
Now people are trying to get there own classes nerfed a new low
I don't think it's low at all.
I think it's respectable, very mature and honest.

VetteroX
18-02-04, 06:23
ppus need to be weaker... dont even think about saying "get an apu or mosquito droner" cause its often not an option. last night decypher and I were at mc5, my tank died, and right then 4 TG's come in... as explained before other people comming when Im at mc5 is inexcuseable. Anyway, I logged my pe and came, killed the 2 tanks after a time, and then, no joke, it took the 2 of us 1/2 an hour to kill the ppus... the kept ressing the tanks and healing each other and decypher kept paraing and dbing and id put em down again. but the ppus just wouldnt die... I tl 3ed em decypher paraed and dbed, I asked for help from clan members and freinds again and again for the 2vs4 but nobody could be bothered.... which is usually the case, the reason why saying get an apu or mosquito droner isnt an option. FINNALY after 1/2 hour one ppu screwed up and with tl 3 heal db, and parashock (his cath had dropped) i killed him... the last ppu begged for his life, and said he would leave but didnt... so we chased him all over the outside of MC5 for 5 minutes, andFIINAY with db para, tl 3heal and chasing him into a guard + lib at 370/min he died... its just BS. whats the point of killing the ppu team if you cant kill the ppu? big deal if the ppu cant kill you, unless you can kill him he will just ress his team members, making your work useless. I say weaken blessed heal and holy heal, and weaken high level mobs to compenstae... also weaken blessed and holy s/d, then all is good.

petek480
18-02-04, 06:29
Originally posted by VetteroX
ppus need to be weaker... dont even think about saying "get an apu or mosquito droner" cause its often not an option. last night decypher and I were at mc5, my tank died, and right then 4 TG's come in... as explained before other people comming when Im at mc5 is inexcuseable. Anyway, I logged my pe and came, killed the 2 tanks after a time, and then, no joke, it took the 2 of us 1/2 an hour to kill the ppus... the kept ressing the tanks and healing each other and decypher kept paraing and dbing and id put em down again. but the ppus just wouldnt die... I tl 3ed em decypher paraed and dbed, I asked for help from clan members and freinds again and again for the 2vs4 but nobody could be bothered.... which is usually the case, the reason why saying get an apu or mosquito droner isnt an option. FINNALY after 1/2 hour one ppu screwed up and with tl 3 heal db, and parashock (his cath had dropped) i killed him... the last ppu begged for his life, and said he would leave but didnt... so we chased him all over the outside of MC5 for 5 minutes, andFIINAY with db para, tl 3heal and chasing him into a guard + lib at 370/min he died... its just BS. whats the point of killing the ppu team if you cant kill the ppu? big deal if the ppu cant kill you, unless you can kill him he will just ress his team members, making your work useless. I say weaken blessed heal and holy heal, and weaken high level mobs to compenstae... also weaken blessed and holy s/d, then all is good.
Let me get this straight, you are pissed becuase you and another ppu coudln't kill a ppu so you think they need to be weaker? Well i've got news for you, ppus aren't suppose to be killed easily. You and one ppu shoudln't be able to kill a ppu unless they suck. Maybe if you had someone else with you other then the ppu, you know the one that can't attack, it might of not took that long.

Seth Humphrey
18-02-04, 06:35
Originally posted by Artie
lol psych.

With a fully capped libby you can outdamage a ppu with heal going. (and medpacking). It's just a matter of where you hit and their resist setup. Go for the apu first, then all the parashocking in the world won't hurt you. :)

Just remember psych...think before you irritatedly post. That's what got me banned. :angel:

rofl... u cant... the apu have movement... and u after freez?

the apu fights point'n klick... and the PE or others

i guess you are a beginnar sorry

at thread starter: i agree that the ppu based team is still overpowerd. but he doesnt ruin the game...

just my 2 cent :angel:

Shujin
18-02-04, 06:46
Originally posted by Seth Humphrey
rofl... u cant... the apu have movement... and u after freez?

the apu fights point'n klick... and the PE or others

i guess you are a beginnar sorry

at thread starter: i agree that the ppu based team is still overpowerd. but he doesnt ruin the game...

just my 2 cent :angel: uh oh someone callin artie a n00b... and sadly its a n00b calling her a n00b

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 06:50
just got back from a pepper park battle 35 seconds ago, now i'm here

me and another pistol PE killed the APU and the 2 tanks, now it was just the PPU left...

both of us had our libs out...

we damage boosted and TL 3 healed the PPU while he was rezzing. let me assure you the damage on both of our libs was capped, and i'm lowtech so i get capped ROF on my lib too...

damage boosted, TL 3 healed...and being unloaded on by 2 Libs at full speed full power we still couldn't kill the PPU

in fact the only damage numbers coming up were 6....10...maybe a 14 if we got lucky....tried to keep a TL 3 heal on him but whatever

then another of our PEs came....still couldn't do shit

please...3 PEs using the best piercing pistol against a DBed TL 3 healed PPU should be able to fucking kill him

Seth Humphrey
18-02-04, 06:55
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
we damage boosted and TL 3 healed the PPU while he was rezzing. let me assure you the damage on both of our libs was capped, and i'm lowtech so i get capped ROF on my lib too...

OMG

except n00b ppus btw... :lol:

40$Poser
18-02-04, 07:06
Originally posted by petek480
Let me get this straight, you are pissed becuase you and another ppu coudln't kill a ppu so you think they need to be weaker? Well i've got news for you, ppus aren't suppose to be killed easily. You and one ppu shoudln't be able to kill a ppu unless they suck. Maybe if you had someone else with you other then the ppu, you know the one that can't attack, it might of not took that long.

we killed them eventually, but that's beside the point. Any good near capped ppu can be godlike if the person behind the ppu takes time to set them up.

I don't think Vet was pissed about it. Think it was entertaining to slay 2 ppus and a tank. while it was just me on my ppu and vet's pe.

Yes those ppus sucked pretty bad, asking why I kept dmg boosting with a cath up... any smart ppu can at least use common sense and weaken the opposing ppu for a few bursts of lib and make the chances of pk greater even with a cath up.

And had he not had a ppu, 1. the ppus would have kept the tank buffed and dmg boosted and parad vet. Thus being no prolonged fight. With me ppuing it was a total different outcome.

petek480
18-02-04, 07:43
Originally posted by 40$Poser
Yes those ppus sucked pretty bad, asking why I kept dmg boosting with a cath up... any smart ppu can at least use common sense and weaken the opposing ppu for a few bursts of lib and make the chances of pk greater even with a cath up.

If i were one of the ppus i woudlnt' be asking you why you're damage boosting me while you had cath sanct up but why you were even using a cath sanct. It was you and a pe against a ppu, why use cath sanct??? Maybe it wouldn't of took that long to kill them if you didn't have cath sanct up taking off damage boost for them and just use the anti spells.

40$Poser
18-02-04, 07:45
Originally posted by petek480
If i were one of the ppus i woudlnt' be asking you why you're damage boosting me while you had cath sanct up but why you were even using a cath sanct. It was you and a pe against a ppu, why use cath sanct??? Maybe it wouldn't of took that long to kill them if you didn't have cath sanct up taking off damage boost for them and just use the anti spells.

maybe you need to learn how to read.

wasn't me who had the cath up. It was them. I only had my cath up when they managed to get the tank back up.

Thus it was the other ppus who had cath sanctum up. Learn to read before making suggestions.

petek480
18-02-04, 07:48

wasn't me who had the cath up. It was them. I only had my cath up when they managed to get the tank back up.

Thus it was the other ppus who had cath sanctum up. Learn to read before making suggestions.

Yes those ppus sucked pretty bad, asking why I kept dmg boosting with a cath up...
No where in that statement do you say the enemy ppu had the cath sanct up so I just assumed it was yours.

Shadow Dancer
18-02-04, 08:10
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Its pretty annoying when you have 2 private eyes vs an apu/ ppu combo and YOU DO ZERO DAMAGE.

I understand that one is the highest defense and one is the highest damage dealer but come on when they out heal TWO people shooting them its pretty fucking rediculous.

Anyways my point is this game will never ever ever be balanced with ppus in the game NEVER....

This is coming from someone playing a ppu for well over a year. Its rediculous I dont know how many times me and one other person have whiped the floor with an army sure its fun for us but its pretty rediculous.

Whatever im just pissed at this game right now.

I can believe the damage of pes being outhealed. My setup is pure solo apu, and I still can kick a large group's ass with my favorite PPU(white locust :p). Now Imagine if I setup my apu's psi and con to be complimented by a ppu, omg mega carnage. :eek:

Of course with the damage boosts,(and especially devourer) tank/ppu combos seem to be extremely deadly as well. As cannings and tupac proven. Onoz i gave credit to cannings. :(

:p

But yes I agree something is wrong. To me a ppu should be a bonus not a necessasity. I can't spell that word if my life depended on it. A ppu/blank team shouldn't take out a group so easily. And please don't give me the "ONOZ YOU NEED TEAMWORK" shpeel. I'm assuming everyone in the given scenario is equally skilled.

But I honestly doubt KK will do much. This problem has gone on for a very long time. Obviously they must think PPUs are more or less fine the way they are. I have little hope for the future pvp balance of this game. :rolleyes:

At the very least, parashock should just be removed from pvp already.

I didnt insult anyone or anything.

I just cant beleive people are spoiled.

Its not so much I hate ppues I hate the fact that NOONE goes anywhere without a ppu anymore. Me and megaman are running around with like 10 item drop and these people have safe slot and need to bring a ppu its rediuclous.

Yup. I hate it man. The sad thing is, it's a cycle. You try to go out alone to PK or fight, and the enemy always brings a damn ppu. Many times they'll call a ppu even if you don't have one. So then you're forced to bring a ppu with you all the time to f*ing compete at all.

*sigh*

AND FOR FUCK SAKES NERF HOLY PARA HALO TO SHIT ALREADY.

Amen. What's taking so long?

The day I see a MEGA "bug" hit pvp, i'm gonna cry. Because KK takes forever to fix it.

Ya I wouldnt hate ppus so much if people had the balls to venture out without one every once in a while.

Heaven forbid you die and have to generep out!

OMG an imp popped out holy shit the world is going to fucking end. The apocolypse is coming AGAIN!

Omg someone call the police I had to generep out!@!

Or how about the fact that 90% of the people you kill outside an op war, call a f*ing PPU friend/alt/clanmate/lover/family member to come and res them.

I swear, sometimes I feel like the only person who actually uses the GR upon death.

Originally posted by Benjie

Personally, I wish they gave PPU monks a dozen new spells of different types and 3 variations. Ones that didn't ruin PvP. Then remove parashock and make buffs self-cast only. Who will be left to complain then?

lmao, that's what I suggest. Make them level alot faster, make them less high maintenance, and give them cool new spells that DON'T MESS UP PVP balance, then nerf em. :p I mean make them less important.

:angel:

Seth Humphrey
18-02-04, 08:10

i think petek480 did to be right... and if the enemy ppu asked u why u just boost him i think he was think about what the fuck u doin right now...

and i guess u should agree that...

PS: sorry for my bad english

40$Poser
18-02-04, 08:25
Originally posted by Seth Humphrey
i think petek480 did to be right... and if the enemy ppu asked u why u just boost him i think he was think about what the fuck u doin right now...

and i guess u should agree that...

PS: sorry for my bad english

Err I think I understand what your trying to say, might be wrong but...

Even with cath up it takes a second or two for the dmg boost and para to be removed. Thus even with cath up I was spamming the enemy ppu with dmg boost to basically keep him dmg boosted constantly and increase the chance of taking him out.

and the results of doing this (though did take a little while and effort of course...) was that both PPUs were taken out.

VetteroX
18-02-04, 09:21
pete I explained in my thread getting more people isnt always an option, as it wasnt in this situation... besides some people dont like having to rely on numbers, or guards. the fact is its not ok that its so hard to kill the ppu, if we hadnt killed them both they just woulda ressed the dead... eliminating all our work. a ppu should have the best defence, but i think they need to be toned down.

FatDogg
18-02-04, 10:13
they could be balanced if their heals/deflectors/shelters did like 1/4 instead of 1/2 damage, they'd still be able to rezz but wouldnt destroy combat...

phunqe
18-02-04, 10:21
How many times must this be repeated...

A PPU's complement, and also opposite, is the APU.
If you want to get a PPU down, get an APU.
Ffs I've gotten a number of PPUs down already with my fairly new APU (lommed from PPU). That was on my own. The PPUs might have sucked I don't know, but I don't think so. All were capped or near cap. A holy heal (without shelters) can't outheal a spamming HL, which is what they usually recast first and then the shelters etc. Anti PPU recipe: Holy antibuff + HL spam = dead PPU. You have to learn the exact timing when to switch from holy abuff to HL and start spamming, but how hard is that... This was before the supped HL nerf at least, haven't played my APU since that patch.

How hard is it really? APU to kill PPU. Not Tank, PE, Spy, Drom whatever to kill PPU. APU.

If you don't have 5-10 tanks with gats, then forget it. The PPU isn't going down.

Now this is from an egocentric PPU point of view, I concur with the fact that sometimes PPU are able to spill too much of their powers on to others. Maybe a foreign cast nerf on Holy heal would be the cure...

YoDa-UK
18-02-04, 10:30
Foriegn cast holy heal.

gostly
18-02-04, 10:41
im more afraid of ppu's then damage dealers...i see a ppu with someone...and i dont even bother...it's utterly pointless:rolleyes:

Archeus
18-02-04, 10:54
Originally posted by gostly
im more afraid of ppu's then damage dealers...i see a ppu with someone...and i dont even bother...it's utterly pointless:rolleyes:

see a ppu with someone

So you see two people instead of one you don't bother. How about when it's a PPU on your own? Do you run in fear then?

suler
18-02-04, 11:14
They should just get rid of monks, kk has never got them right and never will.

greploco
18-02-04, 11:25
uh no, check out this movie

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90874&highlight=movie

remember playing quake? searching for that box of health or shield? ppus are like intellegent floating boxes of health and shield in a fps environment. they take skill to play and are cool.

but if someone takes a ppu out to pick on people, well there are various shades of uncool there. but part of the game.

generally though -- no freaking way

gostly
18-02-04, 11:28
So you see two people instead of one you don't bother. How about when it's a PPU on your own? Do you run in fear then?

no...i said a ppu...i wont run from 2 people...second thing...i dont have a ppu...i hate being like everyone else...that was my main reason for rerolling my apu back when i quit/came back and it was monkocron...

fuck monk's...they unbalance everything...ppu's incredibly strong defense and apu's incredibly strong offense (even tho atm it may not be...or whatever)...you can say it's not like that just to defend your class...but that's the main reason we see so many monk's now...almost everyone goes with the more powerful class...:rolleyes:

Archeus
18-02-04, 11:41
Originally posted by gostly
you can say it's not like that just to defend your class...but that's the main reason we see so many monk's now...almost everyone goes with the more powerful class...:rolleyes:

So why is there not so many PPUs anymore? Looked around recently? More spies/PEs then monks.

Anyway I haven't played as a PPU since the last patch.

gostly
18-02-04, 11:48
So why is there not so many PPUs anymore? Looked around recently? More spies/PEs then monks.

Anyway I haven't played as a PPU since the last patch.

where have you been playing?...everyone grabs a ppu to stick to their asses if they need to get in a fight...it STILL happens...

also...when i was playing on uranus...im a ppu there...went to crp caves...we had far more ppu's then damage dealers...we had to actually stop the team at one point cuz we didnt have any...that was over a 3-4 day period of me leveling my ppu...everytime i went in the cave...lots of ppu support...

and more spies?...when did this happen?...:confused:

Xylaz
18-02-04, 12:09
I'm afraid it will always happen...
Yeah we did bring an ppu yesterday but only because she was bored and wanted to fight (triss is kinda seriously bloodthirsty ppu ya know), but well, that's not the point.
Everyone heates ppu yet everyone uses it, because it simply give too much advantage in every potential situation. For a few days i've been watching most pluto's OP wars and it's the same thing over and over again - it's not the skills or the nnumbers it's just simply who brings more ppu (one figt was two ppu+ team vs one ppu+team, then it was 3ppu +3 ppu, and ended finally 3ppu vs 5 ppu)
The same is with every fight - if u bring ppu u are an instant winner. If they bring a ppu also - u have two bring two... And so on.

It's the same as with griefing - simply it's just too efficient in compare to any other methods - so everyone who wants to win is forced to have a ppu. As Jest have stated one time: i hate monks and i hate ppus but still i'm using one.
And this is exactly the same thing here. If ppu nullify all conditions, skills, chances and makes u insta winner it would be, well, unpractical not to have one with yourself.

and erm,
crime does not pay you know...

az

besides, megaman's speedgat is overpowered!;)

Archeus
18-02-04, 12:12
Originally posted by Xylaz
The same is with every fight - if u bring ppu u are an instant winner. If they bring a ppu also - u have two bring two... And so on.

Strange I was at an op fight recently where the enemy brought two PPUs and we won? Onoz I am sure someone will call the "noob ppu" card on the losers.

QuantumDelta
18-02-04, 12:15
Originally posted by Archeus
Strange I was at an op fight recently where the enemy brought two PPUs and we won? Onoz I am sure someone will call the "noob ppu" card on the losers. wtf kinda argument is that?
Seriously?

Archeus
18-02-04, 12:24
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
wtf kinda argument is that?
Seriously?

People go on about how more PPU = the win. I have been at numerous OP fights where the people with more PPUs have lost.

So either (A) They are lying or (B) They have no ability to combat PPUs.

I was at Krupp a few days ago, enemy brought 2 PPUs some monkies and PE/droners. We had 1 PPU (who showed up later) and had less people and we still won.

QuantumDelta
18-02-04, 12:58
Originally posted by Archeus
People go on about how more PPU = the win. I have been at numerous OP fights where the people with more PPUs have lost.

So either (A) They are lying or (B) They have no ability to combat PPUs.

I was at Krupp a few days ago, enemy brought 2 PPUs some monkies and PE/droners. We had 1 PPU (who showed up later) and had less people and we still won. I'd like to know specific team numbers and what classes/weapons they were using tbh.
When I go to an op fight- especially as a PPU I analyse all of that instantly...
Especially if I'm on the under-manned team.

A) - nub PPUs - sure PPUs are overpowered but that's hard to notice on certain people like jackscratches tradegimped ppu/etc.
B) - The rest of the teams class orientation?

I realise PPUs have far too much say in what happens at op wars BUT.
If op war teams mount up like this;
2 PPUs, 1 APU, 2 PEs, 2 Droners vs 1 PPU, 3-4 APUs, 2 Tanks, who the hell d'you think is going to win?
Answer is obvious.
All the PPU needs to do is S/D the APUs/Tanks once then throw a group heal up and zerg it.
pwned.
gg.

(providing turrets are not involved anyway).
Erm...
Also if the PPU *is* good at their job then it's more than likely they'd be able to keep a Tank/APU alive vs that kind of force anyway.
Should be able to...anyway.

angelsenior
18-02-04, 13:08
I think that only thing needed is a decrease of the effects of the PPU spells (something like 1-5 percent effectiveness loss), big enough to make PPU's a bit more vulnerable, but they still keep their role in a battle (but dont rule).

Someone said that APU bring down PPU's, I dont have much info on that but I do think that every class should be able to come up against any other class, just bring enough people (this means that spies or PEs shouldnt be able to bring down a PPU on their own but also that if enough spies PEs are around that they will stand a good chance).

The general idea behind it is that every char is playable, with its abilities and disadvantages instead of having everyone constantly hopping from one char type to another just because that char type is more powerful then others.
I dont want to be forced to change my char to an APU so that im viable in the game, I just want to play the char i choose and have fun with it without being severely handicapped VS some char types.

QuantumDelta
18-02-04, 13:13
I'll be satisfied with PPUs after one single change.
After that change they can boost PPU Rezz speed.
They can uber0ise teh pvmness of teh soul cluster.
They can make primary buffs runcastable so idiot team mates can't run away from you when you're tryin to buff'em.
They can up the range on heal (like it used to be...?)
They can increase the run/walkcastability of S/D too.

Hmm... can't think of much else that actually annoyed me about my PPU...everythin else I could deal with just fine..

Everyone should know what that change is by now, and everyone should know just how right it is too.

Clownst0pper
18-02-04, 13:14
OK. Fair enough, APU + PPU combo used to be solid.

I remember when myself and ethereal (was then apu) took on about 10 City Mercs at Jeriko and killed them all.

2 people..

Look at it now, Tank + PPU combo is almost unstoppable. U can down an APU with holy heal with a CS or devourer in under 3 seconds if your aims good.

Then the PPU is even easier when parashocked/dmg boosted/devourer(ed)

Not that I mind, im usually the tank :angel:

@Thread started - If you reduce the PPU's buffing % more, do u not think they will be a class which just 'exists' but has no use?

We only use them now because they raise our defence considerably, if you keep reducing it, well they are soley unstoppable, not the people there buffing.

In essence, if you keep reducing there buff effectiveness, your reducing the class thats job it is to buff, to nothing.

I never struggle vs's ppus now days :confused:

Strych9
18-02-04, 13:31
Originally posted by Benjie
Thats besides the point.

PPU's ruin combat in other ways.

Making buffs self-cast only would even thoungs out a lot. In fact, it would solve the problem completely. (well, almost. There would still be parashock, and that is so lame.)

Personally, I wish they gave PPU monks a dozen new spells of different types and 3 variations. Ones that didn't ruin PvP. Then remove parashock and make buffs self-cast only. Who will be left to complain then? Let me restate my theory:

Its not the s/d or the stats of the PPU that makes them unbalancing... its the fact that they are a pure support class in a pure PvP game.

As LONG as they exist, they will ALWAYS ruin combat.

You can make s/d self cast- that is fine. Then everyone has wussy shields on except for PPUs, but everyone still has a holy heal on em. People wont be as unkillable, but the side with the PPU still will have a HUGE advantage.

Its the nature of the class role. Any side that has a dedicated support char will have an advantage.

So I am saying that unless the PPUs are nerfed to the point that they arent worth playing... people will always complain that they are too vital.

leGit v. 2
18-02-04, 13:56
i agree with quantum delta ppu's do change the turnout at op wars or in fights.. NOT all the time but MOST of the time.. really though.. it is monkocron

Original monk
18-02-04, 14:11
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
In essence, if you keep reducing there buff effectiveness, your reducing the class thats job it is to buff, to nothing.

indeed clownstopper, and for the rest i dunno where to start anymore, this thread wich started with good intentions made me laugh, think, mad, joyfull and cry ...

to many things to respond but i yust have to react to the guy saying he can outdamage a ppu with he's libby: DREAM ON LOL, level 15/12 // ppu's isnt what there talkin about i think :)

and yeah i get mad also when i kill the same apu about 20 times in PP to see em a sec later wondring around again, rezzurected and well ...

but that doesnt mean we gotta start nerfing all PPU's again ... when they started with them PPU nerf threads the whiners got there will ... ppu's got nerfed and i asked when would be the next step ... its all in very small steps over a very long time untill ppu's get useless and i lom my ppu into sumthing more fun then buffing people all day ... but owyeah, people that play PPU's do that cause then they are uber and immortal :rolleyes: ... while actually its boring and hard work to level up + the fact that they are freakin expensive :/

anyways: take away para + parabarrel, nerf holy heal 70%, nerf holy def 75% and nerf holy shelter 80% ... also nerf holy heal sanctum by 70%, same as with damageboost ... the Db sanctum can be removed ..

make level 3 buffs the same as level one buffs and make level 1 buffs even weaker ... nerf soulcluster cause they do damage ... ya heard that ? DAMAGE :eek: + give ppuchips -100 rifle and -100 pistol so they cant use them anymore ...

give ppu's 40% less teamxp and make shelter/def selfcast only..

put -50 athletics and -30 agility on the ppuPA cause they can use melleeboost3 right (wich be toned down to mellee1 ffcourse)

give psibooster3 the apu-only req...

remove the ppubonus from ds and psicore and make defensive psi chips add ppu in these amounts: 1/3/5

cath sanctum + a.poisonsanctum should need much more psimanna to cast + the reach of the spell has to be toned down to about 2 meters, same with the truesightsanctum .. maybe make cath sanctum a spell that can only be used if youre drugged.. + that ya gotta wait about 10 seconds to kick in every tick ... + about 10 seconds to recast

+ boost PE's there shelter/def and make all antishock/antiDB drugs instant and no after-effects .. not to forget give PE's and spy's a antibuff-device (level 1 fo PE's, level 3 fo spy's)

then: rezzurection: how realistic is this ? its a joke, no-one can bring people alive so it has to be very hard ... very ... what about 1rezz/8 minutes + a rangenerf ... ya can be 3 meters away max from the person ya wonna rezz + ya gotta keep pointing the spell to the person for it to work... + when rezz is casted youre other buffs like S/D/H.H.sanct automatically dissapear ... to atleast give the opponent a chance in killing the ppu

holy heal/shelter group can be casted on a group but not to more then 3 people at a time including the ppu..

using ds or psicore should also nerf the tradeskills some ppu's have, like ressing, barter, poke or hack (and even rep)

well if there are anymore more nice actions like these that could help to town down the ppu then they are more then welcome :)
i cant wait till all these nice idea's get into the patchnotes so with alittlebit luck the ppu will be as extincted like the hybrid was after the first hybridnerf, well maybe there would be some runnin around but that doesnt mather nomore then... they cant attack and cant give buffs to anyone anyway hahaha, that will teach em to try to help people, help em level, bring em back alive when they died cause of a bug ... (i mean: that will teach them ppu's that think they are immortal and are uber because 1 tank/PE/spy cant kill em ...)

and i hear someone say: but original, when all those changes come true it will be booring to play a ppu, cause then they dont have anything to do anymore ..

original's answer: yeah, and that way they can volunteeraly lom apu, isnt that a great idea: then we got rid of all them annoying PPU's that think they are GOD cause tha uberL337killing machines of the server can touch em HR HR, it's PPU's own fucking fault with all there godlike ego's.

original monk, saturn, ppumonk since the first -30% hybridnerf.
job: buffin people

QuantumDelta
18-02-04, 14:18
What a constructively logical post that was :rolleyes:

Original monk
18-02-04, 14:35
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
What a constructively logical post that was :rolleyes:

it reflects the absurdness of the ppunerfthreads ya mean ?

nomather how well psychokilla intended it, as soon as ya talk about ppu's theres about 20 posts for nerfin ppu's ...

so i added my nice list (starting with the word: anyways) of how to nerf a ppu decently :)

or ya think after all this time, after all the threads about nerfing ppu's that there is anything constructive and logical to post about em ?

if they cant stand em then remove em but dont start playing games true small continues nerfs that makes it horrible and boring to play a ppu ...

ow my god yust remove that class, i dont wonna see all em threads again, mommy where are ya, ya heard me ? i said noooooooooo

mom: okay original now go take youre medication and lie down on the bed ok

K mommy

nighty night :P

QuantumDelta
18-02-04, 21:52
I'll quote someone from the small screen "I've said it before, and I'll say it again, don't argue, it doesn't work."

I post the single logical idea to balance op war combat (primary bonus) and slightly reduce the effectiveness of PPUs (secondary bonus) yet too many morons react to the idea on instinct, on gut "oh noez i'll be useless!" (nub ppus) "oh noez I wont be able to tank ten times too much damage while outputting mroe than anyon else!" (nub apus) "oh noez I wont be run around like an idiot without a case in the world pwning people with melee/dev/cs" (nub tank)
Ain't seen any of the currently bottom of the pile classes sayin it's a bad idea.
Hmm looks like those on the top just wanna stay there.
Typical community bullshit.