PDA

View Full Version : -=[Things that need a remap]=- Neocrons top 5 ugliest!

Benjie
18-02-04, 02:20
The concept behind this thread, is people post there top.5 Ugliest things in Neocron, so reakktor have a good impression of the community's views and therefore know what to re-map.

1: Plz refrain however from posting things that you simply want differently. This is for the real ugly mothers. :p 2: Remember that people have different opinions, and that they are entitled to them. 3: bleh!

My list.

The Main Sewer (because of mapping bugs, and game logic bugs.)
Red Brick textures and Concrete textures, plus a few other frequently used textures in the Outzone.
Weapon Textures. (especially for the plasma cannon)
Mutant/Agressor Animations and models. (What Rebirth (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/etienne.aubert/sshock/sshock_rebirth.htm) did to system shock 2, and with motion capture.)
The 'pipe wall' texture in plaza 1. (It's far too 2D for a modern Pc game. Perhaps map the pipes in conjunction with the increased polygon count.)

jernau
18-02-04, 02:56
1) The new look TH
2) The new look TH
3) The new look TH
4) The new look TH
5) The new look TH

Shujin
18-02-04, 03:02
Originally posted by Benjie
The concept behind this thread, is people post there top.5 Ugliest things in Neocron, so reakktor have a good impression of the community's views and therefore know what to re-map.

1: Plz refrain however from posting things that you simply want differently. This is for the real ugly mothers. :p 2: Remember that people have different opinions, and that they are entitled to them. 3: bleh!

My list.

The Main Sewer (because of mapping bugs, and game logic bugs.)
Red Brick textures and Concrete textures, plus a few other frequently used textures in the Outzone.
Weapon Textures. (especially for the plasma cannon)
Mutant/Agressor Animations and models. (What Rebirth (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/etienne.aubert/sshock/sshock_rebirth.htm) did to system shock 2, and with motion capture.)
The 'pipe wall' texture in plaza 1. (It's far too 2D for a modern Pc game. Perhaps map the pipes in conjunction with the increased polygon count.)

jus so u know one of the features of BDOY is basicly remapping / redesigning of stuff...

\\Fényx//
18-02-04, 03:04
OZ 2 shopping mall.

sw1tch
18-02-04, 03:07
CityAdmin clan apps - theres just ugly

makes me want to /set kill_self 1

just one big room which is fun for messing about in, but apart from that dull. Remove some greys, add more black and colour and maybe another room or two and that would be ace :D

joran420
18-02-04, 03:18
i like TH's new look :) dirty just like the buggers that live their ;P

Lanigav
18-02-04, 07:54
TH apartments.
90% of the outworld.
Twilight Guardian's really weird mountain textures.
NC basements with all the crabs in them (one has to wonder who bothered putting all those boxes and furniture in there considering all the nasty stuff that's in there).

suler
18-02-04, 09:12
the wasteland.

GT_Rince
18-02-04, 11:03
Not sure about a Top 5, but something NEEDS to be done about VR Apartments - those things hurt my eyes!

Heavyporker
18-02-04, 11:22
OMFG no - TH new look rocks - its REALISTIC concrete dammit.

And OZ 1 Mall's layout is rather nice - but yes, there are problems with it - too many unopenable doors (even if there's nothing in those rooms, at least let us open doors to them! And the lighting is atrocious - I mean, yes, it should be dark and shit, but its BEYOND dark. We're talking about the chaos caves and crystal caves being lit better than this! At least make the existing light fixtures in OZ Mall brighter. It also needs several spots with clusters of old worn wooden chairs and tables - WOODEN! That, and the OZ vendors have to be upped - make them AT least a notch better than the YO's. Please! Make them sell 'good' versions of the stuff - better than Yo's. Make them sell the highest level buyable drugs, and make it so that YO's doesn't sell any drugs past the first level noob drugs (the TL 10s and below). Put in a Snak Attack.

TH apartments rock, but there needs to be a Level Three. And the TH starter apts seriously need regeneration beds!

THe mainsewers ROCK. Keep everything in there, but at least link it up with the citysewers, and make the waterfalls actually splash when they hit the water below.

Also, make it so that there's no more Plaza/Via Rosso mutant cellars. Just let beggars and lazars colonize them, ok? Make it so that only the Outzone, Mainsewers and Storage Halls have the mutants, and in a more orderly procession. Make it so that only low level mutants (below aggressor) can be found on Outzone streets, then you start finding agressors in Mainsewers, then you start finding butchees and cyclops in storage halls. Keep the rats in mainsewers, though, and put in bats or something...

Need a light intensity control in Via Rosso level 2 and 3 apts.

I like the canyon sandstone textures, but the problem is that they're rather angular. Try softening them, more curviness to them. Also rubble and rockpiles... you can do it, you do it all the time on the beaches.

Um.. thats all I can tthink of atm.

Rimase
18-02-04, 12:38
ViaRosso Sec-2
ViaRosso Sec-3 (the part above the sea. shops above apartments, need more than one way to get to them) (the rest is fine, almost. there are some empty areas...)
Plaza Sec-3
Plaza Sec-4 (maybe add one/two more Polerized Lifts.) (mostly fine).
Pepper Sec-1 (something about it that bugs me...)
Pepper Sec-2 (the Maze really sucks... if that is removed, maybe there is more space for more, better, attractions)

there may be other sectors in Neocron city that do not seem right... :rolleyes:

Heavyporker
18-02-04, 12:42
NOOOOOO!!!! Don't remove the Maze!!! That's a genius spot!

Plaza four needs the ramp altered so that the second/third level can be reached from Via Rosso 1 without having to go all the way to grav lifts. Also needs more separation between levels so gravlifts can be used properly.

Plaza Four also needs a subway access point. It's where the NExT HQ is, for goodness' sake. It's practically requistite to have a subawy access there.

Remove subway access from Plaza One, that'll do it nicely. Put something up in its place, like a new kind of shop.

All Rokkwear shops need mirrors.

switchback
18-02-04, 12:45
the aggie cellars, its so annoying having to jump when moving along the narrow path way between the first and second room....or am i the only person that has this problem ?

i hope not

also, the Crahn clan apps, although i belive crahn are moving to DoY when it is released so it will probs happen then.

Rimase
18-02-04, 12:47
Originally posted by Heavyporker
true.

amfest
18-02-04, 12:53
my ugly quirk is not really to do with textures and such but what i've said over and over again . .. the connection from via 1,2 and 3 dont' line up at all. You go from via 1 to 2 and then go down a ramp . . run around corner .. go down another ramp by Tangent and and get to via 3. But if you go from via 1 to via 3 through the apt lift area . .you're lined up perfectly where via 3 to 2 connects .. also by tangent in those pillar areas there is a small back area to get to the restrant area in via 3 but you hardly go down a small lil bump of a ramp . .but when you come around the restraunt area in via 3 you walk up a bigger ramp to get back to level ground to go from via 3 to 2 .. . errr . . freaky man . .just freaky. Boggles my mind why no one noticed at all.

Vincent Starck
18-02-04, 14:40
Agreed. Try

/set ctrl_externalcam 1
/set ctrl_externalangle 180

until then.

Forget My Name
18-02-04, 14:55
Originally posted by switchback
the aggie cellars, its so annoying having to jump when moving along the narrow path way between the first and second room....or am i the only person that has this problem ?

i hope not

also, the Crahn clan apps, although i belive crahn are moving to DoY when it is released so it will probs happen then.

Been jumping since August of last year. You are not alone.

Q`alooaith
18-02-04, 15:10
Abandoned celler's... Personaly can't stand them at all.. both in how they look and their function, I'd rather see them go than revamped..

The next HQ, it's diddly small, so are some of the other faction HQ's..

City gates, outside
City gates, inside

Benjie
18-02-04, 18:29
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
City gates, outside
City gates, inside
Oh yeah I forgot that.

tbh, inside doesn't look that bad imo.

Outside just looks stupid though.
You should deffinetly be able to see Neocron through that cliff, and not just a bank of mud.

@heavyporker. I think the main sewers rock too, but the mapping design is awefull. The place is riddled with bugs. I would like to see the same main sewer, only higher rez textures, a new waterfall effect, logical spawn and respawn points, and no more overlapping textures.

The main sewer also needs to make more sence like you said. Link it to the Cliff Line zone via a Pipe, and then link it to the normal sewers.

Some good comments here. Viarosso level 2 appartments deffinetly need re-doing.

Marx
18-02-04, 18:40
via apartments need to be DARKER

Peeping Tom
18-02-04, 18:56

and also better lights so you can see the true collor of your new uber clothes

and TH need some washing...

K4F

Aziraphale
18-02-04, 19:00
Just where ARE the aggie cellars anyway? I never did find them, always just hunted in PP sewers

Glok
18-02-04, 19:08
Originally posted by Aziraphale
Just where ARE the aggie cellars anyway? I never did find them, always just hunted in PP sewers P1 Diamond and P2 Archers.

NS_CHROME54
18-02-04, 21:07
Tech Haven - I think it should be very white, with just a bit of a blue glow, and it should be metal sheeting, not concrete.

Plasma Cannon Textures - Need I say more?

Main Sewers - They just need higher res textures.

Water in Tech Haven and P2 - WTF it's glowing every color of the rainbow! MAKE IT STOP! And give it a wavy effect, like Tribes 2, not just flatness.

-AND-

the wasteland section around military base and battle dome... at night this place is just plain CREEPY. it's like night of the living dead. granted that's quite possibly a good thing.