PDA

View Full Version : FAnG - Neocron Promo Vid (Alpha Version)

LEFF|pm
17-02-04, 22:54
Because of the huge amount of traffic Swork`s last videos caused, (18 gig during the first 12 hours for the third one) we really had a tough time finding someone to host the new one for us. We actually planned to make it available for FAnG members only, but since Striker Alsom was so kind to provide servers, we`re able to release it openly for everyone at this early stadium.

We dont want to pass up the chance to gather as many ideas and proposals as possible; creative and concrete criticism is expressly desired.

http://bitblit.net/~xbox/fangpromo.zip

Thx in advance ;)

/edit: Use winrar to open it... Winzip doesnt work sometimes... no clue why...

GT_Rince
17-02-04, 22:56
123Mb :eek:

35 mins to go :(

NS_CHROME54
17-02-04, 22:58
waaay too damn big there pal. as an alpha version, i'd say MAKE IT SHORTER.

Tratos
17-02-04, 22:59
dum dee dum 52.6kb/s heh 30mins to go. looking forward to it

~Tratos

GT_Rince
17-02-04, 23:01
Originally posted by Tratos
dum dee dum 52.6kb/s heh 30mins to go. looking forward to it

~Tratos

oi! You slowed my download - I'm now down to 53kb/s - was at 64 :wtf:

Tratos
17-02-04, 23:02
Originally posted by GT_Rince
oi! You slowed my download - I'm now down to 53kb/s - was at 64 :wtf:

i started d/ling it first :p just didnt post first and mine is starting to go doooowwwnnnn, damn man!

~Tratos

Possessed
17-02-04, 23:02
123Mb :eek:

35 mins to go :(

Count yourself lucky... 8.5 hours for me... gg 56k (/me beats the shit out of British Telecom... I want broadband now :()

Ahwell... computer will be on for another night.

Hippieman
17-02-04, 23:03
Maybe its goin slower cause im kinda hoggin some bandwidth although its only at a lowly 105kb/sec.

EDIT: Damn that 56k. Didnt know anyone was on it anymore.....

Possessed
17-02-04, 23:06
Originally posted by Hippieman
Maybe its goin slower cause im kinda hoggin some bandwidth although its only at a lowly 105kb/sec.

EDIT: Damn that 56k. Didnt know anyone was on it anymore.....

Not by choice... just that England is a bit *cough* backwards in some respects....

GT_Rince
17-02-04, 23:07
Originally posted by Possessed
Not by choice... just that England is a bit *cough* backwards in some respects....

A bit? o_O

Dade Murphey
17-02-04, 23:09
Download accelerator is uber...13min to go :D

Tratos
17-02-04, 23:10
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
Download accelerator is uber...13min to go :D

......do tell

~Tratos

Invertigo
17-02-04, 23:11
eh, to bad its going kinda slow...oh well though...:rolleyes:

GOGOGO 3000/300 connection at 30k/s!:D

Dade Murphey
17-02-04, 23:13
......do tell

~Tratos

http://www.speedbit.com/DAP7/Default.asp?

it's great stuff...even if you're already on cable/dsl...

Possessed
17-02-04, 23:14
Originally posted by Invertigo
eh, to bad its going kinda slow...oh well though...:rolleyes:

I think that I have a tad more to bitch about than you :rolleyes:

GOGOGOGO 4.6k/s

Invertigo
17-02-04, 23:14
i never have good luck with those DA's...

i can never get them to work right..even though i only tred like twice:o

edit:

i also pay $70 dollars a month...so i think i have more to bite then you poss:p

Ark
17-02-04, 23:15

spyware out the ass :rolleyes:

Dade Murphey
17-02-04, 23:20
Originally posted by Ark

yeah...but doesn't everything these days...just get adaware or something *shrug* I still like it makes things go faster...haha

Judge
17-02-04, 23:23
Ouch... 21KB/s I'm normally at 50 to 60. One and a half hours to go :(

Tratos
17-02-04, 23:25
damn it stop d/ling it your all hoggin my connection!!!!

down to 40kb/s >_<

~Tratos

Invertigo
17-02-04, 23:26
damn it stop d/ling it your all hoggin my connection!!!!

down to 40kb/s >_<

~Tratos

im down to 30, and i have a feeling in the last 5 megs ill be going 10-15:D

cRazy2003
17-02-04, 23:29
im at 44 kbps lol
go england!
i do slap british telecom for bein stoopid tho :(

Ark
17-02-04, 23:34
OMFG CORRUPTED *Pulls hair out*

Corleone
17-02-04, 23:36
You've to use winrar, no other program could extract it.

Ark
17-02-04, 23:36
whats that (yes im a noob sorry)

Tratos
17-02-04, 23:38
decompression program like winzip

www.winrar.com

~Tratos

aKe`cj
17-02-04, 23:40
As said before, you will need to get WinRAR in order to extract the file...

feel free to get a trial here:
wrar330.exe (http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar330.exe)

naimex
17-02-04, 23:41
bah im only running 33.. :(

Ark
17-02-04, 23:46
omg sexy video

GT_Rince
17-02-04, 23:59
Yay - its down :D

EDIT------

"Cannot open file. It does not appear to be a vaild archive"

WTF ! o_O

CR@SH
18-02-04, 00:01
Couple of suggestions. Try and synch the audio better with the words on the screen. When the voice is calling out the factions it would be a good idea to have those factions pictured. The pvp stuff is just the right mix not too much but just enough to show how pvp sometimes goes. Perhaps another thing to do would be to show some of the less flashy things about neocron. Like for instance navigating the city com, showing a hacker hacking something, buying something in a store, lots of stuff like that. For a prospective player coming into the game i would care alot more if i could see a bit of the rpos, citycom, and the day to day basics of the game. I'm not knocking the video its quite possibly the best fang has made im just saying it needs to show more of neocron than just fights and buildings.

Skinfitz
18-02-04, 00:02
Well done guys - framing is a bit off in places but apart from that pretty good over all.

What did you edit it with? Premiere?

GT_Rince
18-02-04, 00:03
What's happened to my D/L *cries* :(

Tratos
18-02-04, 00:05
Now thats a rather sexy video!

Excellent

~Tratos

Dade Murphey
18-02-04, 00:07
can you not open it rince or is the video screwed up?

GT_Rince
18-02-04, 00:08
Can't open it - says it is an invalid archive :(

\Trying to D/L again but much slower now - 1hr 5 mins to go :(

Skinfitz
18-02-04, 00:14
...use WinRAR to open it. It does work.

Dade Murphey
18-02-04, 00:15
Rince...use winrar to open it...it's not a normal zip or something...but winrar does the trick...

And I have to say that was a bad ass vid...if you have a divX player everything matches up...I noticed someone said the words on the screen don't match the voice...works fine though with DivX player

GT_Rince
18-02-04, 00:16
Originally posted by Skinfitz
...use WinRAR to open it. It does work.

Ahh - that's done it - thank u :)

GT_Rince
18-02-04, 00:24
Superb - what more can u say...

Can I make a suggestion for the voice-over? Ask Danae... Not sure if anyone else has heard some of what she has done before, but it would fit sooo well.

Oh, and voice-sync needs sorting, but best I have seen yet :)

Edit - sorry... double post

And am I the only one that thinks that is peeps could watch something like this, it would attract more into the game?

Invertigo
18-02-04, 00:33
only thing i can think of to suggest is so probably cut in some of the scenes from the PVP movie 3 where its thru the tanks play, like when he runs up to the base and flames it, and also when he pulls out a MS and shoots that tank in the feet and the tank flew back dead...

also when u show those tanks shooting the rockets at MB and you start off right by them, it shows the rockets come out from like below there arms instead of the gun, i know this is how neocron is but its going to turn people off to see such a dumb mistake in the coding.

but overall it is very good, and KK should REALLY use it to sport neocron.

edit: maybe at the end you should put neocron in a cool text, or like the neocron text, and have it fade out right before the credits

naimex
18-02-04, 00:37
*Welcome to neocron, have a nice life*

If I was in charge.

That would be a pre trailer for BDoY

iainy13
18-02-04, 00:37
for the people downloading... go to this link (http://download.com.com/3000-2071-10260050.html?tag=lst-0-6) and get it. im downloading at 350 kps :)

Tratos
18-02-04, 00:40
perhaps it would be better if you have the slogan in

"Neocon... You'll never die alone..!" that would be sweet

and at the end it should say..

"So what is instore for Neocron..? Beyond The Dome Of York"

im quite proud that i thought up that second one, lol

~Tratos

Invertigo
18-02-04, 00:42
Originally posted by iainy13
for the people downloading... go to this link (http://download.com.com/3000-2071-10260050.html?tag=lst-0-6) and get it. im downloading at 350 kps :)

now you tell me after i spent an hour downloading it:mad:

:lol:

Candaman
18-02-04, 00:49
Everyone watch for the 3.2 second flash of the cannings 1:35 into the film killing the fire mobs @ cycrow and gaia mine wuwu i'm a star mommy

Invertigo
18-02-04, 00:52
oh another thing, the city looks so empty on jupiter...was this shot when there was like only 50 people online?

(not talking about the fighting of course, i mean when the camera is going throught he city =p)

DarkFear
18-02-04, 00:53
Wow Cannings but i am the Tank with flashlight guarding the door in the BD appa, my role is much more important, PWN! :D

trigger hurt
18-02-04, 00:56
well,

as a suggestion, i'd try to keep it around the size it is now. Maybe a little larger.

-definatly make it great quality. hey, people downloaded the half life trailer, maybe they will download this...just try not to get near a gig.

-try showing some other areas of the game other than pvp. remember, not everyone who plays is interested in pvp. we have to accept that fact. maybe some warbot, firemob and definatly footage of the dungeons.

-maybe also throw together some rp stuff in there.

(i haven't viewed the video yet, so these may already be in there)

Candaman
18-02-04, 00:58
Originally posted by DarkFear
Wow Cannings but i am the Tank with flashlight guarding the door in the BD appa, my role is much more important, PWN! :D

liez u were going to die to that grim b4 i came and heroically saved u yes u can thank me later dood =D

Invertigo
18-02-04, 00:58
Originally posted by trigger hurt
well,

as a suggestion, i'd try to keep it around the size it is now. Maybe a little larger.

-definatly make it great quality. hey, people downloaded the half life trailer, maybe they will download this...just try not to get near a gig.

-try showing some other areas of the game other than pvp. remember, not everyone who plays is interested in pvp. we have to accept that fact. maybe some warbot, firemob and definatly footage of the dungeons.

-maybe also throw together some rp stuff in there.

(i haven't viewed the video yet, so these may already be in there)

the whole thing is roleplay actually...but you havnt watched yet so i wont flame you:p

Clyde
18-02-04, 01:14
http://www.waaazup.com/users/clyde2003/heh.JPG

hehe

Clyde
18-02-04, 01:17
what codec does it use cause all i get is audio

trigger hurt
18-02-04, 01:20
Originally posted by Invertigo
the whole thing is roleplay actually...but you havnt watched yet so i wont flame you:p

flames are only useful if the person gives a damn.:D

subsys
18-02-04, 01:33
it uses divx 5 according to gspot, but i cant get the video to progress past the first keyframe (the video just stops but the audio continues)

Benjie
18-02-04, 01:42
Originally posted by iainy13
Virus?" Spyware? Those reviews are pretty shitty man...

Invertigo
18-02-04, 01:47
after watching it more times i suggest that you basically cut anything that makes neocron look in any way buggy at all.. like when that tank shoots the 4x4 with the anti vehicle launcher and the rocket goes right thru it, and at the end when theres all the dead bodys, you see them all twitching around on the ground...i guess you could justify it as there twitching...but we all know its more of a bug than anything... but that scene with the dead people all on the ground is a good idea to add, if only it didnt have all the dead bodys having crack withdrals...:p

subsys
18-02-04, 01:47
okay got it to work by reinstalling divx 5.05 over 5.11, 5.11 seems to be full of bugs anyway :)

very nice, but i think there should be a bit more of the non op war stuff in there the video does make necron look like its all about the ops, perhaps some sewers etc?.

other than that fan-bloody-tastic (oh and where the hell is the guy who did the voiceover from? i can place the accent and its doing my nut)

Judge
18-02-04, 01:59
I just watched it and..... Wow. I'm stunned, seriously. That was awesome. It actually made me want to play the game again.... I LOVED the shots of the Jailhouse club.... that really gives accross the feeling of Cyberpunk atmosphere. Also the fights were pretty cool.... as were the negotiations. :p

evs
18-02-04, 02:24
It's oki, need some high octane stuff like god's pvp movies though (tanks running around spamming cs's have a really good wow factor for any none neocron peeps)

and hinch's voice over is.... welllll....... your accent doesnt really suit post apocalyptic earth - no offence like :)

a bit rimmer-ish if you know what i mean ;)

Eledhbrant
18-02-04, 02:34
took me 5mins to DL and was corrupt (I thought)

so i tried it 2 more times before realising i had to use WinRAR lol.

Absolutely Brilliant video.

jernau
18-02-04, 02:35
Downloading now.....

I wouldn't bother with "download managers" if I were you. They only help on a small percentage of downloads and usually make a total mess of your computer doing fuck all of benefit.

Judge
18-02-04, 02:35
I just love the way hinch says "Toxic mud" hehehehehehe

Vid Gamer
18-02-04, 02:36
Another great video!

slaughteruall
18-02-04, 02:48
Screw making it shorter that was a sweet movie.

Slaughter

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 03:11
oh man

that was so cool

the voice was hella cool i dunno what the others are talkin about

synch was pretty good if you ask me

awesome movie i can't even think of how to make it better

iainy13
18-02-04, 03:17
nah benjie it works great for me and no spyware on it. i dont know why more peopel dont use it. also i cant seem to get it to work as it says its corrupted when i try to open the video. like thats what winzip is saying to me O_o. does that 4 me with or without usin that downloader 4 me :(

Vid Gamer
18-02-04, 03:18
You win some, you loose some.

Supposed to be "lose"

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 03:19
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
You win some, you loose some.

Supposed to be "lose"

actually i think it can be either spelling

notice how when you enter an anarchy zone it says that "You may loose soul light and faction sympathy", spelled like that

there was a big arguement when they released that and we concluded that it can actually be spelled both ways

Organics
18-02-04, 03:29
Wooooow fucking cracking movie. WELL DONE those people :)

That thrash metal track is fucking awesome, it sounds so familiar but I can't place the band. Who are the band? :)

Now THIS is the kind of trailer we need for Neocron, KK should take a very good look and consider :)

Found the syncing fine TBH :) Was very well done, didn't like the actual voiceover, but then I can't stand northern accents LOL :D Such a good movie though, bravo!

@ZoneVortex

Depends where you live I guess. In England, it's "lose" and nothing else. The word "loose" implies something isn't fitting right, or similar.

Also speaking of spelling errors, instead of "breed" it says "bread". Not sure if it was supposed to be "breed" or "bred"

Clyde
18-02-04, 03:39
that music is for metal gear solid 2 if i remember right

ServeX
18-02-04, 03:41
decent, but dosen't accurately portay Neocron day in and day out - no one really 'plays' like that if you know what I mean.

Organics
18-02-04, 03:45
Hehe.

Doesn't need to portray it too accurately, just needs to look good to draw people in. IMO once someone is in the game, they will want to stick with it :)

Very good advertising IMHO :)

Artie
18-02-04, 04:27
awesome. lol.....i loved it.

It is bred not bread. Lose not loose though. Seriously, loose is NOT the word you were looking for (although a word nonetheless) lol....:p

Still, fuckin awesome vid. Keep it up.

Vid Gamer
18-02-04, 06:39
Originally posted by ServeX
decent, but dosen't accurately portay Neocron day in and day out - no one really 'plays' like that if you know what I mean.

Hell, who gives a shit. As long as we get new people. If I never played Neocron and saw that I would defintely give it a try.

mr murb
18-02-04, 07:53
Damn you guys make high quality movies.

I have enjoyed all of them.

Almost wish I logged on to Neocron today.

;)

Sorin
18-02-04, 08:10
> 900kb/sec downloading video :)

Awesome video. Though maybe at the end you should change it to "edited" rather than "cutted" where it says "Recorded, cutted, and produced by Swork"

Fawkes
18-02-04, 08:21
That was great. Very nice. I really liked the part when you see the two groups of people running into each other and fighting. Cool. :p

What I think needs an improvement is this: use first person! you were only using third person in this movie except for one particular shot when you were firing those missiles. This is a MMOFPS, don't you think people want to see how it is played in first person? and show the HUD too. As a newcomer the first thing I would like to know is how this game looks in first person and how the HUD looks like.

Keep up the good work. :P

Seth Humphrey
18-02-04, 08:21

Originally posted by Ark

try http://www.flashget.com/ or http://www.getright.com/ ;)

Zith Caldir
18-02-04, 08:56
yes, that was a fantastic movie

and is lose, not loose...there's no two ways to spell it...

and personally, i think you should make another promotional video all about tradeskilling or runofthemill city interaction along with this one aboot war. they wouldn't really fit well together, but i think they both need to be done, and seperately seems to be the only way...

well done

Zaq
18-02-04, 09:19
Very impressive

but why bother zipping an AVI ? doesn't make any difference to the size

deac
18-02-04, 09:51
hmm my movie starts out well but after 15 seconds the picture freezes and the sounds keeps on playing :(

Hayato
18-02-04, 10:12
omg sexx i wanna play this game!! HUGE WARS!!!!

•Super|\|ova•
18-02-04, 10:26
Was about to comment on the "loose"-misspelling but I noticed that there are many comments on that one already :) Otherwise pretty cool movie. Just couple of advices dude; drop the pantyhose-metal out of the videos (yes, it's a bit too fruity) and shorten the PvP part a bit. The long pause on the speach also caught my ear somehow. Thumbs up tho. Keep on it! Rock'n'lol!

deac
18-02-04, 10:47
k dowloaded a 2nd time and still only get to see the 10 first seconds... sucks :(

GT_Rince
18-02-04, 10:55
Is anyone gonna bother putting this on some MMORPG sites? Should be available as a D/L for peeps not yet in Neocron.

Really sweet :)

naimex
18-02-04, 10:58
Originally posted by deac
k dowloaded a 2nd time and still only get to see the 10 first seconds... sucks :(

that might be a codec error.

Try installing "SLD Codec Pack 1.5" or newer.. that works for me.

suler
18-02-04, 11:03
I don't think they should edit out the buggy parts like where the rockets are coming from and so on.

If you see shit like that before you actually get the game you wouldn't be as dissapointed when it happens ingame. Also bugs are very much part of the gameplay.

Leebzie
18-02-04, 11:21
Deac think that might be a codec problem, I get it with some videos since I put the K-lite codec pack on. Ive thought about removing it, but it takes nearly every codec under the sun off my PC o_O

naimex
18-02-04, 11:23
Originally posted by Leebzie
Deac think that might be a codec problem, I get it with some videos since I put the K-lite codec pack on. Ive thought about removing it, but it takes nearly every codec under the sun off my PC o_O

lol, ... look up a few replies :p

gostly
18-02-04, 11:31
anyone elses eyes start watering when the word WAR came up?...i watched it twice and couldnt help it...it was beautiful ;)

phunqe
18-02-04, 11:53
Sweet mother of geesush... That video made me want to go home from work and play. Damn... More promotion videos like that and we'll get ourselves an excellent playerbase :p

I got goose bumps at some points...

naimex
18-02-04, 11:57
Originally posted by phunqe
Sweet mother of geesush... That video made me want to go home from work and play. Damn... More promotion videos like that and we'll get ourselves an excellent playerbase :p

I got goose bumps at some points...

Hehe, I only have 24 hours of school a week :p

plenty of time to play :p

El_MUERkO
18-02-04, 12:31
148.7 kps 14 minutes to go :)

Leebzie
18-02-04, 12:34
Omfg. thats a truly amazing video. :eek: :eek: :eek:

:cool: More !!! More !!!

Mumblyfish
18-02-04, 12:42
I smiled all the way through it. Can't think of any better way to describe it...

One thing, though. I was going to use this to get some friends into the game who've been eying it for some time, but you seem to have miraculously skimped over some of the factions. Damn you for lumping all the City factions together! ;)

GT_Rince
18-02-04, 12:50
I think KK or the next Marketing company should use something like this and offer to send it out on CD for free to everyone who wants it. Hell, if you are gonna do that, make a big-assed movie that is 600ish Mb and runs for about an hour. Now THAT would be cool :D

El_MUERkO
18-02-04, 13:12
It is very cool but I do have some suggestions.

When doing the sweep round the city sow people interacting with eachother and NPCs, while doing this flash up the hud for split second so people get to see the RPOS.

Show people fighting in Neofrag on some of the weirder decks.

Go for a ride on the Subway from one end to the other then speed it up really fast.

Show a sniper zooming on someone.

Show some more of the vehicles, maybe a hovertec going flat out across a hostile zone.

Show the chaos caves and other scary hunting zone.

After 'WAR' flashes up on the screen some really ****** rock music starts to play, change that for something good :)

Dajuda
18-02-04, 13:18
That was the coolest thing I have ever seen. KK should Hire this guy to make NC promo videos. I can only think of 3 words to describe that ... O M G.

Mumblyfish
18-02-04, 13:22
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
After 'WAR' flashes up on the screen some really ****** rock music starts to play, change that for something good :)

Yeah. The other music is fitting and dramatic as hell. That just completely ruins the atmosphere you had going.

And in case it hasn't been mentioned (didn't read all seven pages), bread != bred.

Tratos
18-02-04, 13:29
just watched it again......for the 8th time abd ive just notcied each time at the end when the camera is panning around DOY i get goose bumps cos i wonder whats its gonna be like inside..

"are you ready to go???"

HELL YEAH

~Tratos

w00t mine is the 100th post in this thread, lol

Darkborg
18-02-04, 13:49
REALLY AWESOME

Man i loved that,

Perhaps u could also show a duel or something like that. Sortoff PvP on small scale..

Oh and agains that Really felt professional guys Really Kewl

Q`alooaith
18-02-04, 14:04
DLing on the cable line now, little bit faster than the ISDN, and much faster than the phone lines..

Dual Broadband all the way... wooohoooo..

70kb/s...

and nope, I've not read the whole thread....

WebShock
18-02-04, 14:43
HA HA @ all u...

no download accelerator and i got it at 360 k/s =p

Great vid.... best one yet imo.

few misspellings though, in the beginning the word "inofficial" should be "unofficial"

and at the end win or loose should be win or lose.

other than that i didnt notice many of the bugs on the first time view, I was in awe watching the rest of the vid.

ezza
18-02-04, 16:16
yeah pretty cool, if thats just the promo, hate to see the size of the finished video.

some nice action,id like to see some duels in there to(ala g0ds first video)

Maarten
18-02-04, 16:19
Very nice movie...

My comments, cut down the OP fights. Show more each day experience... Record being a constructor, contruct a cool gun for somebody and make him do the yeah emote or something. Go buy some armor and put in on. Log onto a crowded server and record the busy spots like Plaza-2. Show more vehicles. Show someone in a scorpion trike hunt down some WB's, show some peeps being chased by DOY bots. Show some duels in PP-1.

Bottom line, Neocron is more then just OP wars...

And personally, I think the music during the war scenes can be a lot better, but that's just me.

I love the voice comments. And I love that "meeting". :)

Another idea would be to show the wastelands (swamps) instead of the Neocron entrance during the first comments.

GT_Rince
18-02-04, 16:47
Why the hell are KK not talking to this guy and getting him to do a promo vid for them?

J. Folsom
18-02-04, 16:48
Why the hell are KK not talking to this guy and getting him to do a promo vid for them? They've already got the perfect promo video ;)
Just check the secret COPBot training one, best promo!

GT_Rince
18-02-04, 16:50
Originally posted by J. Folsom
They've already got the perfect promo video ;)
Just check the secret COPBot training one, best promo!

LOL - where they all dancing? :D

'Tis cool ;)

Rai Wong
18-02-04, 18:59
nice video, however you want to show more PE's and Spies, because right now it just looks like neocron is about tanks and monks well all hail to those who say they are not overpowered, but anyways we don't want to give the new comers a view of imbalance at a glance.

Peter Andre
18-02-04, 19:02
fuckin nice vid m8e got any more in the works?

and can u put a like up for the 2nd one u did or was that it

-=Bl@de=-
18-02-04, 19:07
Wicked vid well done.

___T-X____
18-02-04, 19:32
Great Video, I love the part where they all run at each other.

One thing though, imo the music makes me cringe. But that just might be because its not my taste

Doc Holliday
18-02-04, 19:34
Originally posted by ___T-X____
Great Video, I love the part where they all run at each other.

One thing though, imo the music makes me cringe. But that just might be because its not my taste

Get some Rob D going on. ;)

hold it down.

Clownst0pper
18-02-04, 19:39
Wont work when I run it. Why not?

I got winrar and media player.

Whats up with it! :(

Peter Andre
18-02-04, 19:43
and whos that dirty brummi's voice on it??? *looks towards Cannings*

Tratos
18-02-04, 19:50
Originally posted by Peter Andre

Read the credits, its Hinch, and it sounds mint when he says

"The Brotherhood of Crahn"

And Clownst0pper do you have the divex codec installed?

btw i dont suppse you fang guys mind me sticking you work on a CD and passing it around some friends see if i can get them into the game?

~Tratos

Clownst0pper
18-02-04, 19:57
And Clownst0pper do you have the divex codec installed?

No, WTF is one of them :confused:

-=Bl@de=-
18-02-04, 20:00
owned

Harbodus
18-02-04, 20:01
kick ass movie, man. Big props

FatDogg
18-02-04, 21:03
why not replace the hilarious euro-metal with something a little more potent... maybe... Canibal Corpse?

Mumblyfish
18-02-04, 21:06
Originally posted by FatDogg
why not replace the hilarious euro-metal with something a little more potent... maybe... Canibal Corpse?

Why not replace is with something a little more BETTER... maybe... WHAT THE HAD FOR THE REST OF THE VIDEO?

I showed it to a friend. At first he said "wow", then "cool", then he LAUGHED when the crappy metal started, and he just closed it. Another failed attempt at getting a new player by me... :(

Darkborg
18-02-04, 21:17
For all who doesent wanna fuck around with that codec too much try this player.

Videolan (http://www.videolan.org/)

Sefran
18-02-04, 21:29
Exellent video, very well putted together.

Elric
19-02-04, 00:25
har har 123.74 kbps :D

Damn you all, You made me reactivate my accounts :(

anyways, see ya all ingame again soon ;)

ezza
19-02-04, 00:43
Originally posted by Elric
har har 123.74 kbps :D

Damn you all, You made me reactivate my accounts :(

anyways, see ya all ingame again soon ;) i would of though that by now you would know better than to cancel them;)

iainy13
19-02-04, 00:48
wow that movie was amazing. that whould totaly be the nc promo movie. also sorry for my noob post where i said i couldent open it with winzip n it wasent working :( I actualy read it this time and used winrar.

Elric
19-02-04, 01:22
nah, I had to cancel, reached total burnout stages on levelling, Hell, to be honest, I dunno how long I'll last at it this time either. It'll be nice to pop in and say hi to the old buddies though, and the ever so friendly Synchronizations and FRE's ;)

•Super|\|ova•
19-02-04, 07:37
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
drop the pantyhose-metal out of the videos (yes, it's a bit too fruity)

Just had to quote myself to bring it up again since there seems to be others too who agree on this ;)

FatDogg
19-02-04, 09:11
Another real metal band to consider: Hypocrisy...

Babes
19-02-04, 11:17
Brilliant ..excellent ..cool Video.

GT_Rince
19-02-04, 11:39
nah, I had to cancel, reached total burnout stages on levelling, Hell, to be honest, I dunno how long I'll last at it this time either. It'll be nice to pop in and say hi to the old buddies though, and the ever so friendly Synchronizations and FRE's ;)

WHOO HOOOO! :D

Got your MSN when I got outta the game last night bud, but you had gone offline :(

I'll be back on same time (ish) tonight :)

Elric
19-02-04, 11:45
WHOO HOOOO! :D

Got your MSN when I got outta the game last night bud, but you had gone offline :(

I'll be back on same time (ish) tonight :)

Were you on Pluto or Saturn then?

I was on Pluto having some tanky fun for a few hours. maybe from about 1030, 11pm till about 130am.

Probly just missed ya or you were on another server.

Damn Fang and the fancy video, you made me give MJS money again! least it was only a fiver though :D

GT_Rince
19-02-04, 11:53
Were you on Pluto or Saturn then?

I was on Pluto having some tanky fun for a few hours. maybe from about 1030, 11pm till about 130am.

Probly just missed ya or you were on another server.

Damn Fang and the fancy video, you made me give MJS money again! least it was only a fiver though :D

Only play Pluto now bud. After you went, I wasn't far behind.

Make sure you re-add all my accts below to buddy :D

Candaman
19-02-04, 11:55
Originally posted by Peter Andre

Yeah its hinch on the Voice overs he outranked me so got his dirty accent put on there he's from tut north u know not from Englands 2nd city of birmingham.

Elric
19-02-04, 12:02
Originally posted by Candaman
Yeah its hinch on the Voice overs he outranked me so got his dirty accent put on there he's from tut north u know not from Englands 2nd city of birmingham.

If you want a mad scotsman accent next time gimme a shout, be more than happy to oblige.

Freeeeeedom etc etc...

:D

Nightbrother
19-02-04, 12:06
If you want a mad scotsman accent next time gimme a shout, be more than happy to oblige.

Freeeeeedom etc etc...

:D

YOU know Billy Connolly? :p

Thought you meant that you would get in touch with him and make him do it.

Seriously cool vid by Fang. Hopes it brings in more new players. If it doesn't, then me sad.

Btw, the benches at the Glasgow central bus station aren't good for sleeping 6 hours on. Heh. You have a bloody great cinema complex though. Can't remember the name of it. :(

Elric
19-02-04, 12:12
It'll be iether the UGC near the bus station or the Showcase out by Paisley or over near Coatbridge.

Hehe. I know the meaning of the benches though, if yer shitfaced, theyre quite comfy really :D

leGit v. 2
19-02-04, 12:40
I LOVE THIE MOVIE.. reminds me when neocron wasnt so ___.

All i know is that people dont fight like that nomore.. and making that a neocron promo will just be a big lie to the gamers that see it.

i didnt see one turret..

thats all there is to it these days...

Someone from DARK in pluto told me "Dropping turrets is a skill, you should learn it" maybe add that to your movie...

other then that i love the movie.. but its a big tease cause its not that way nomore

hinch
19-02-04, 14:37
meh i cant watch film no net access :( oh well hope my voice isnt so bad with the yorkshire accent n all

if i get net access back in time i shall get it redone in a female voice for the next one using someone who does voice overs for a living :)

•Super|\|ova•
19-02-04, 15:21
Originally posted by FatDogg
Another real metal band to consider: Hypocrisy...

If you want some REAL nasty (but good too) metal then I must recommend few :)

•Marduk
•Theory In Practice
•Hecate Enthroned (Slaughter of the innocence-album)
•Obituary

But if you want some music with more sci-fi sounds then:

•Prodigy (Music for the jilted generation-album)
•Kovenant
•Fear Factory

Try it out. Those 3 bands would really suit the theme and I'm not saying this only because I like them in general. It's just that the theme of the music MUST represent the same theme than the video itself if you want a good result.

(and I'm not some random twat trying to teach their superiors in media arts :) I'm a freelancer media artist so I have some experience also ;) )

Benjie
19-02-04, 15:26
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
•Fear Factory
I've felt darkness
closing in on me
Chilling shadows
surrounding me
I've had the poison
leak into my skin
And it corroded
my heart away
Bled away
Cut away
Dark night of my soul...

I love that song. *sob* Yeah use some fear factory. :)

Psyco Groupie
19-02-04, 16:12
you mean PIE factory

:lol:

anywho, cool promo

GT_Rince
19-02-04, 16:14
Originally posted by hinch
meh i cant watch film no net access :( oh well hope my voice isnt so bad with the yorkshire accent n all

if i get net access back in time i shall get it redone in a female voice for the next one using someone who does voice overs for a living :)

Dude - Get Danae... Ask her to send you the recording she has done in the past with music in the background. Sounds out of this world..!

Candaman
19-02-04, 17:15
Originally posted by hinch

U still living on the street hinch or out ur car??? Inet access through ur mobile :P

and hinch Yorkshire Accent > All (cept mine course)

Get yo ass back in game i can't keep pwning these stars tank on my own.

3 Dogtags from Point Red 2 HC and one melee tanks wuwu

DestructionUK
19-02-04, 17:57
very good vid if not a tad cheesey, some of the pvp from the start of vid 3 (and the song at the start of vid 3) could be some very welcome additions or modifications to it.
(just my input, other than that major props and hope it goes well)

Vampire222
19-02-04, 18:27
get some mad speedcore track as background music, Har Har!

leGit v. 2
19-02-04, 23:35
DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS CANT BE A NEOCRON PROMO.... NO TURRET DROPPING....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vampire222
19-02-04, 23:55
lol ur rite... its irrealistic as hell

Organics
20-02-04, 03:15
Jeez. So many ppl complaining about the OP war music :) I personally thought it was a very good choice, nice and fast, decent kick drums etc. Didn't like the vocals much but they were not too bad :)

Yeah you could have used Cannibal Corpse and numerous insanely heavy bands, but I think they'd have been a bit too much for a lot of people viewing :) I personally love CC, but they are certainly an acquired taste :D A bit like Devin Townsend/SYL, almost everyone I speak to has never heard of him/them :)

It was a good choice for the movie, again, very good all round lads :)

•Super|\|ova•
20-02-04, 03:42
Originally posted by Organics
Jeez. So many ppl complaining about the OP war music :) I personally thought it was a very good choice, nice and fast, decent kick drums etc. Didn't like the vocals much but they were not too bad :)

Yeah you could have used Cannibal Corpse and numerous insanely heavy bands, but I think they'd have been a bit too much for a lot of people viewing :) I personally love CC, but they are certainly an acquired taste :D A bit like Devin Townsend/SYL, almost everyone I speak to has never heard of him/them :)

It was a good choice for the movie, again, very good all round lads :)

Don't think of the music that you like... think of the music that actually suits there. Kind of music that has same kind of theme in it than in the video itself. The song that was there represents fantasy not sci-fi.

leGit v. 2
20-02-04, 03:43
show the ___ness of turrets.. how people drop them midfight..

Tratos
20-02-04, 04:04
well sat and encoded all the vids and stuck them on a VCD with a funky menu and a kick ass background then went to watch em but the promo video doesnt work porperly :( it gets stuck because of the fading text on the screen :( which was disapointing :(

meh

still show em to my friends andget em to play NC :P lol

~Tratos

Mr Friendly
20-02-04, 05:46
o....m....g.........the definition of awesome right there man :D
awesome music & perfect choice for the movie(mgs), also loved the making of it :D

Mr Friendly
20-02-04, 09:01
corrections though...
in the beginning mispelled bread. should be "bred"

in the end, mispelled loose, should be "lose" ("maybe u loose...")

overall, awesome job

Danae
23-02-04, 10:37
Superb - what more can u say...

Can I make a suggestion for the voice-over? Ask Danae... Not sure if anyone else has heard some of what she has done before, but it would fit sooo well.

Oh, and voice-sync needs sorting, but best I have seen yet :)

Edit - sorry... double post

And am I the only one that thinks that is peeps could watch something like this, it would attract more into the game?

Aww :p Thanks Rince!

Btw, I enjoyed the Videos very much. I also enjoyed listening to Canning's story of how he tried to do the voice over work initially :P teehee

hinch
23-02-04, 12:32
well it was me cannings or some american (lo svk :) ) since there was some rush to get it all done and I was rushing to move out of house I ended up doing it but didnt have time to redo bits better.

but as said this is only the alpha version im sure swork will be doing it better for the next one.

as for me being back with inet still no time on it currently living out of hotels and my car :(

once my current house is sold and finalised then ill work to get me back as soon as possiable.

ps. cannings get you and svk into some opwars :)

Candaman
23-02-04, 14:23
i'm trying man svk's being a kim and not logging on i'm jsut capping his dex for him and then we'll be pretty much ready. I'm always out there though looking for some nibs that want to gr out!