PDA

View Full Version : Who do YOU think is the next big faction on Saturn?

NS_CHROME54
17-02-04, 22:37
Ok, currently we have BD, CM, TT, and TG as the big factions on Saturn.

My question to you is... who will be the NEXT big clan?

Personally, I think it's Protopharm. My PE is protopharm, and, if you take a look around, there are a LOT of them. All powerleveling wherever they can, they're getting high level too. Soon VR and whatever large clans might come up in that time will be a major force in the op taking battle.

Who do YOU think will be the next power faction?

Opar
17-02-04, 22:40
Diamond Real Estate :p

Or

Proto Pharm/Crahn...

Judge
17-02-04, 22:41
The loyal forces of Crahn are getting bigger.

GT_Rince
17-02-04, 22:43
Insects

They are coming to take over... o_O

dr.fish
17-02-04, 22:50
Tsunami will come back harder than ever one of these days :)

It's a great faction i dont understand y no one plays it :/

U all wait till the great return of LoD and u'll see :)

Exmond
17-02-04, 22:54
Diamond Real Estate.. So.. City Mercs outpost eh...

:D

Ehehehehhe, the alliance will get an op soon..

NS_CHROME54
17-02-04, 22:56
Originally posted by Exmond
Diamond Real Estate.. So.. City Mercs outpost eh...

:D

Ehehehehhe, the alliance will get an op soon..

eh never use DRE and outpost in the same sentence, it's just too paradoxical for the mind to endure.

superfresh
17-02-04, 23:11
Anarchy Breed. If it becomes an official faction then everyone and their grandma will want to join it.

QuantumDelta
17-02-04, 23:16
Mutants.
Droms :p

SypH
17-02-04, 23:17
I'd join the drom faction.

And the only reason people join Proto is cause they can level practically anywere.

J. Folsom
17-02-04, 23:32
NEXT!

Folsom Inc. shall rise up, and rule the world, and all shall bow down to me, until some jerk comes along, steals my Einstein's Ring of Relatedness, before dieing to a bunch of dragonflies when his hoverbike falls into the water at Jeriko.
Then some swimming midget takes it with him and goes to live in the Gaya Mines, until he holds a riddling competition with another midget, and it then later on get's passed on to another midget who (after quite a large amount of travelling) throws it into the TG volcano.

... What? :p

Gotterdammerung
17-02-04, 23:32
I vote for the insects faction

Valkyrie
17-02-04, 23:33
Protopharm.

I see more and more protopharm around nowadays, I reckons theyre up to something :p

Possessed
17-02-04, 23:35
LONG LIVE THE TRADER'S UNION

mdares
17-02-04, 23:40
I'm thinking DRE actually cuz of some hush hush stuff going on kudos to phys1ks and all that... :p

proto eh its iffy... most people join pp just so they can go practically anywhere w/o too much worry about gettign ganked...

Dru Blood
18-02-04, 00:01
watch that most pp move to another faction once they have completed the epic and got there cool chip and are a decent lvl to defend them selves.

its not often i see a very high level char in protopharm unless there doing the epic

Capt. Rik
18-02-04, 00:02
Originally posted by NS_CHROME54
eh never use DRE and outpost in the same sentence, it's just too paradoxical for the mind to endure.

Apart from the 2 we took from BD in the last few weeks

NS_CHROME54
18-02-04, 00:29
for an entire 10 minutes :p

trigger hurt
18-02-04, 01:00
Originally posted by mdares
I'm thinking DRE actually cuz of some hush hush stuff going on kudos to phys1ks and all that... :p

proto eh its iffy... most people join pp just so they can go practically anywhere w/o too much worry about gettign ganked...

you mean where they have a clan that has a faction counsellor as a member? Where the faction counsellor is action a member I mean. o.O

Clownst0pper
18-02-04, 01:40
Im actually thinking of going city admin.. :eek:

IceHawk2684
18-02-04, 20:17
Crahn has really high level players but they are so into being caught up in their shiznatz that they lack true coordination.

While i would love to see crahn as a strong Saturn faction it lacks mad coordination no clan last long because they literally just turn against each other.

The people who remain in the clans are loyalists and wouldn't join any other clan. So yeah, in order for crahn to be any good their high level players need to stop well being slt0rz and actually unite for a common purpose.

Trying to get crahn leaders on saturn to agree on 1 thing is worse than having total peace between BD//CM//CA//TG united.

So u can rule out crahn being any good, atleast til people cooperate.

KimmyG
18-02-04, 20:19
I would say if anything a return of TG or CA. Nothing else cause of the ghetto SL factor.

VetteroX
18-02-04, 20:29
protopharm should be for getting the epic chip only, or for getting past guards to kill people, like I have 1 char that does. But making a pp clan? thats sad... wow, you can fight some really tough enemies as pp, tsunami and next, what fun :rolleyes:
if more people go pp ill have to roll a tsunami to pk them, or just kill them and lose sl as BD.

Strych9
18-02-04, 20:36
Runners that like a challenge should join CA. CA simply has all of the biggest baddest factions as its enemies.

Its ironic that all of the people that like a good fight are often in such a situation where the fight alongside the other good fighters, rather than against them.

Thats why I chose CA for our clan. We are getting ready for DOY right now- that is when it will actually start functioning as a full clan... but we chose CA cause we wanted to fight against the badasses.

Seems some players are content playing with good players and not being challenged instead of playing against them. :)

Devils Grace
18-02-04, 20:53
5 months plan CLAN ???

BD will remain

nuff said

Selendor
18-02-04, 20:56
Hmm, is this just a veiled thread for advertising your own faction?

In which case, I would point out that CA has enemies in both TG and BD, so if you want a lot of fights, and also a strong theological faction stance to base your combat on, we'll be waiting to hear from you ;)

Zanathos
18-02-04, 21:15
City Admin is probably gonna be the next big faction on saturn

Q`alooaith
18-02-04, 21:19
Originally posted by J. Folsom
NEXT!

Folsom Inc. shall rise up, and rule the world, and all shall bow down to me, until some jerk comes along, steals my Einstein's Ring of Relatedness, before dieing to a bunch of dragonflies when his hoverbike falls into the water at Jeriko.
Then some swimming midget takes it with him and goes to live in the Gaya Mines, until he holds a riddling competition with another midget, and it then later on get's passed on to another midget who (after quite a large amount of travelling) throws it into the TG volcano.

... What? :p

NEXT will rule over you all, or we'll turn the subway off...

:p

Next is a great faction, don't know why mroe people don't join..

Zanathos
18-02-04, 21:21
Originally posted by Q`alooaith

ONOS! Not the subway!

Strych9
18-02-04, 21:35
And you gotta think from a DOY perspective. Which clans are integral parts of the DOY storyline?

Nash_Brigham
18-02-04, 21:37
Originally posted by Q`alooaith

:p

Next is a great faction, don't know why mroe people don't join.. Actually, quite a few new NEXT ppl on saturn to. Ppl in Proto have been jumping ship alot from what I ahve seen, I think they are only there for their epic chip, and then leave.

Zanathos
18-02-04, 21:37
None really, DoY is a faction all of its own, just some factions have similar views they do.

the fallen angels is neutral to the cities.

dunno whats the connection doy has with black dragon.

dunno about any other faction.

Strych9
18-02-04, 21:40
Originally posted by Zanathos
None really, DoY is a faction all of its own, just some factions have similar views they do.

the fallen angels is neutral to the cities.

dunno whats the connection doy has with black dragon.

dunno about any other faction. Well they explained the focus will now be city vs anti-city. City = Neocron = Reza = City Admin.

While I am not saying the faction members themselves will see more action, I am saying the CA faction itself will be in the heart of things.

Which one HQ do you think will be the most desireable to raid? Which HQ is the ONE that people moan about not being able to raid?

CA.

TG is special now because they are anti-city, and have their own separate mini-city/stronghold. After BDOY, TG is being moved into DOY, and will basically be one of many anti-city factions located in DOY.

Zanathos
18-02-04, 21:48
Which is gonna suck cause then Tsunami will own Pepper Park entirely!

But honestly, I dont know what goes through peoples minds sometimes. (ReaKKtor specifically)

ezza
18-02-04, 21:54
well,

i cant see CA doing much, they have had imposing order, which i maybe had a slightly missplaced thought that they would do stuff, but apart from helping the mercs and having that one op, they aint done anything, a lot of runners they did have, but i only see a few of them at any op fight, maybe they aint dedicated enough to fighting.

Next, well they got fuck all runners really, i cant even name a next clan on saturn.

DRE: if alliance get there shit togeather just maybe they could fight the black dragon on a more even(ish) footing.

Proto: umm no a lot of runners but most just use that faction to get the epic, plus its a pussy faction so cant see them doing anything of note

Biotech: if i wasnt BD id be bio, enemies of crahn TG and tangent sounds good to me:D but shame they aint got a clan off note

tsunami: i kinda hope something happens with this faction cos there BDs natural enemy but in all my time no tsunami clan has really made a big impact(LoD done stuff but not that much) maybe a TS DRE alliance on the cards perhaps

Crahn, they like attacking there allies to much to be able to last, if they learn to keep there noses out of BD v TG fighting they might just survive

mdares
19-02-04, 01:39
Originally posted by trigger hurt
you mean where they have a clan that has a faction counsellor as a member? Where the faction counsellor is action a member I mean. o.O

oh but wait THERE MORE!!!! but its hush hush... if i tell ya i'mma have ta kill ya...

Dont Mess
19-02-04, 03:06
i wanna change faction coz TG is no more BUT i have bn TG for about a 1 year now and its the best pvp faction only 2 allies and 2 neuts the rest are carebare. hell wen regents comes out im outa TG

for now i vote mayb PP (like uranus has alot of PP)
and mayb CA make a come back

CarniFlex
19-02-04, 03:19
What makes a strong faction is a fair/just/evil leader and good subleaders, atm I see good leaders in every (non opholding) faction just not the subleaders yet.

My guess is that in 4-5 months, CA, FA, crahn.

Q`alooaith
19-02-04, 05:12
Originally posted by ezza
Crahn, they like attacking there allies to much to be able to last, if they learn to keep there noses out of BD v TG fighting they might just survive

I was talking with a clanmate today about this issue..

To me it seam's crahn is not manpiulating it's allie's enough, come on two faction's that don't like each other like us, we should be getting them to fight over the same op's and wear each other down, then send them aganst our foe's to weaken them and then strike ourselve's aganst all weakened front's....

40$Poser
19-02-04, 05:49
Originally posted by Zanathos
City Admin is probably gonna be the next big faction on saturn

lol... after unforgiven being TT, then bd, then tt, and now the almighty CA :P I guess that's why you went there...

Lanigav
19-02-04, 08:15
FA's gonna kick some major butt once DoY is out.

ZoomZoom
19-02-04, 10:12
WOOT GO CRAHN SECT...... and hopefully one of the big time leaders would be me.... every time i dream at night :p

ZoomZoom
19-02-04, 10:15
o yea and i think fallen angels too there starting to come back and take some tt ops (eg: templayers THEY THINK THEY OWN EVERYTHING :mad: )

Good on u -pro- u took 3 ops i saw , shame i never see u guys, and u lost em :( :(

FatDogg
19-02-04, 10:29
Definitely Anarchy Breed

Capt. Rik
19-02-04, 14:23
DRE: if alliance get there shit togeather just maybe they could fight the black dragon on a more even(ish) footing.

/Sales pitch...

The Alliance is looking for experienced runners who want a challenge building up a minor faction to be a real power on Saturn.

DM or email Capt. Rik for details

Strych9
19-02-04, 15:32
well,

i cant see CA doing much, they have had imposing order, which i maybe had a slightly missplaced thought that they would do stuff, but apart from helping the mercs and having that one op, they aint done anything, a lot of runners they did have, but i only see a few of them at any op fight, maybe they aint dedicated enough to fighting.Seriously ezza, do you think the game will stay exactly how it is now?

The game now, in terms of factions and powers, is nothing like it was a year ago.

It will keep changing.

Its fine that you "cant see CA doing much" and I cant promise CA will actually accomplish much, but I can assure you that there will be at least ONE clan in CA that once DOY comes out will be very active in terms of outposts.

Now, I think you are ALSO forgetting that the political factional alliances are going to be reworked. BD is appealing now because everyone is their enemy. Well once you guys get moved to DOY you will simply be another anti-city faction, and you will invariably have more allies than you do now.

So remember all of this once BDOY comes out and its no longer as easy to be a BD member. ;)

ezza
19-02-04, 15:55
if you think DOY is gonna change CA in anyway your wrong, CA has always been the nibbish faction, they had a change a while ago when a number of good runners existed in there ranks but they blew it and we moved on to other factions.

i seriously doubt that ANY CA clan is gonna make an impact unless the people who made up the big clans in the past move CA.

DOY just means it smore neo v DOY, tangent will still be the major force, and i dont see that changing, your making assumptions that this will change with DOY, thats long way down the road, i was BD when it was hard ie all my enemy factions were filled with runners and there was about 10-15 BD runners on the whole server, ive been BD when i could stand in plaza and see red runner after red runner after red runner to me. ive been BD when its hard, DOY aint gonna change that.

and BD still have the coolest background anyway, and im still not convinced that we will be moved out of PP, but we will see

J. Folsom
19-02-04, 15:58
Next, well they got fuck all runners really, i cant even name a next clan on saturn. You must've heard of Folsom Inc., since you've read my title at least once!

Strych9
19-02-04, 16:08
if you think DOY is gonna change CA in anyway your wrong, CA has always been the nibbish faction, they had a change a while ago when a number of good runners existed in there ranks but they blew it and we moved on to other factions.

i seriously doubt that ANY CA clan is gonna make an impact unless the people who made up the big clans in the past move CA.

DOY just means it smore neo v DOY, tangent will still be the major force, and i dont see that changing, your making assumptions that this will change with DOY, thats long way down the road, i was BD when it was hard ie all my enemy factions were filled with runners and there was about 10-15 BD runners on the whole server, ive been BD when i could stand in plaza and see red runner after red runner after red runner to me. ive been BD when its hard, DOY aint gonna change that.

and BD still have the coolest background anyway, and im still not convinced that we will be moved out of PP, but we will see Thats right, you know exactly what will happen. :rolleyes:

Just remember, people arent BD because of any cool history or background. People are BD because they want to kill runners without paying attention to factional restraints.

That WILL change. The focus is being city vs anti-city, its not gonna still be BD vs everyone else. BD will be either pro or anti city, and thus in some way friendly with likely the other factions on their same side.

CA will only get easier to be in. Right now CA has a lot of enemy factions... with several of them located IN Neocron. After BDOY, most hostile factions to CA will be located on the other side of the world map, and wont be welcomed inside of the walls of the city. BD is used to having enemies so easily accessible- no longer.

No reason to continue on this now... as its silly to argue as to what MIGHT happen. But this much is true- BD right now is the easiest faction for a PKer, and thats why so many PKers are BD. The game IS changing and all factional alliances are being redone. You are quite frankly naive if you think that BD, after the rework, will still be able to attack almost every faction in the game without consequence once BDOY comes out.

Lets just wait and see.

ezza
19-02-04, 16:24
you the one whos making out you know whats gonna happen so dont give the me :rolleyes: bull shit

Tg is easiest PK faction as your enemy to the 3 op holding factions which have thte most runners(ie CM, BD & TT)

Stigmata
19-02-04, 16:27
proto will never be big.

carebear faction, 2 enemies both of which are dead factions.

on top of that the PP clans are KOS to BD afaik for helping TG so they wont be that big.

next big faction? who knows

KuifJe
19-02-04, 16:30

and BD still have the coolest background anyway, and im still not convinced that we will be moved out of PP, but we will see

DoY has nothing to do with it I think. I left in August last year, and came back in January this yeas. The whole map shifted around. Thats in 5 months and not even an expansion or whatever. Theres even some changes going on as we speak.

Thing is, people WILL organise an offensive against the biggest force on the map whoever that is. It takes time to organise and plan the whole thing, but eventually people will rise against the ruling force. Thats just the way they work. Call it jealousy or w/e. People are getting sick of the random PK'ing, raids etc. Only way to stop it is to break down the ruling faction (BD in this case). After enuff griefing against BD people will start to leave, maybe not the hardcore pvp players, but the once that went BD because of the easy GR access and all. BD will crumble, maybe not this month or next month, but it will and I'd be surprised if they still were the largest force when DoY is introduced.

ezza
19-02-04, 16:38
all the nibs in BD factions matter not, titans will remain as they are and cartel arnt gonna go away just cos people attack us.

so BD aint gonna go just like that, and as proto and crahn seem to like fighting us being allied/neutral aint gonna stop the slaugter;)

KuifJe
19-02-04, 16:40
Guess what they said about New Dawn :rolleyes:

ezza
19-02-04, 16:44
Originally posted by KuifJe
Guess what they said about New Dawn :rolleyes: guess what they say it about a lot of clans:rolleyes:

El_MUERkO
19-02-04, 16:45
nib 1: Your a nib!!!

nib 2: Your a nib!!!

:o

Original monk
19-02-04, 16:49
i dunno what to think of this but it sure is funny all, everyone speculating hehe

anyway

mhuahahahahahaha

weird people lol

mz, ok pokerface,

cu laterz all, original

ezza
19-02-04, 16:53
Originally posted by El_MUERkO

nib3: your both nibs!!!

:rolleyes:

KuifJe
19-02-04, 17:03
guess what they say it about a lot of clans:rolleyes:

And they were right imo. Only (reasonably) high profile clan that lasted for more then 6 months is Templars afaik.

I'm not taking potshots at what faction(s) will stand up against BD, coz I couldn't care less tbh. It's just a bit of reasoning. People get bored of the same old same old.

KuifJe
19-02-04, 17:04
Originally posted by El_MUERkO

I think ezza said it all a few replies up :rolleyes:

Chaplin
19-02-04, 17:27
Originally posted by stigmata
proto will never be big.

Well it WAS big quite some time ago.
Remember =GSF=? 160+ members and 7 OPs constantly...

Stigmata
19-02-04, 17:33
Originally posted by Chaplin
Well it WAS big quite some time ago.
Remember =GSF=? 160+ members and 7 OPs constantly...

well if your gonna go back to january 2002, what about clans such a

BROOT (brotherhood of titans) Diamond real estate 12 Outposts
180 members.

btw where did the GSF guys go ? which clan did they join?

Whiety Bulger
19-02-04, 17:37
TG when New Dawn raises from the dead :lol:

ezza
19-02-04, 17:40
lol forgot the titan guys were once DRE :lol:

only remember GSF from ops fights when i was with MiG, still got pics of them lying dead :D

Chaplin
19-02-04, 17:43
Originally posted by stigmata
btw where did the GSF guys go ? which clan did they join?

They first became SEALs.
And then.. *cough* well, some rerolled and joined blood titans. ;)
Others went =asen= or neogen, others changed server or simply quit.

edit: invhunter gave some "disturbing" hints on the german forum, he's definatly planing something...