PDA

View Full Version : Crazy suggestion to solve the Drone rare situation

phunqe
17-02-04, 14:30
Yo.

So I'm sitting here, trying to think something up regarding the drone rare situation.
Basically, rares of drones are at best obsolete. It suffices that one researcher gets hold of a rare and he can spread blueprints of it.
All hard core droners (as I hope to be with my leveling droner) are using player built drones, since they cap them.
Now, this makes the rare hunt for drone parts a bit unnecessary and it also pollutes the rare pool since there is basically no market for drone parts.

Now, what if drones were made non blueprintable and every set of rare parts for a drone yielded in let's say x number of drones instead?
Maybe the number of drones produced can be linked to the CST skill of the constructor building them (seems better to me than the fixed number)?

It seemed like a good idea from the top of my head, what do you think?

It will certainly make the market for drone rare parts somewhat attractive again :)
Also, the parts will stop (to a certain degree of course) pollute the rare pool, since you would be able to sell or trade for them, which is more or less impossible now.

EDIT: Awww damnit, it was supposed to be a poll... ack, well discuss anyway. Maybe some mod can make a yes/no/drom option if they are in a good mood... :p

Saza
17-02-04, 15:25
Hmmmm..... Not sure... it'll have to be a really large number like say 50+.... But I cant think of any other ideas and if i res another PN part under the current drone scheme ill scream :mad:

Bengalmin
17-02-04, 15:27
how about just making them drop whole?

phunqe
17-02-04, 15:30
Originally posted by Bengalmin
how about just making them drop whole?

Could be an alternative yes. I guess they would have to drop quite frequently then however. Go figure the annoyance of rare part hunters :p

Bengalmin
17-02-04, 15:38
any changes to drops in the next few months will be temp fixes anyway, I don't think whole drops would be viable atm without a huge rate increase as many of those drones will just be sold in yo's or horded.

with NPC vendors selling player goods in BDoY, everything will be a much more open economy and things will become much more common. then there will be plenty of drones on sale, rare or not

JiNxY
17-02-04, 15:47
i want rare drones removed from the rare pool as they even annoy me. however that doesn't mean i complete a rare drone every week or so, and in a week you can go through a hell of alot of drones.
(granted i dont search for drone parts on trade, but still you would soon run out of people who have drone parts, and the number people get from hunting is not enough to satisfy the demand... so the rare drone drops would have to be increased! lol)

so on the whole i dont think the idea isnt that great unless you get an insane number of drones per rare :D

but to implement this idea, im guessing they would have to make drones Stackable .. and that would be cool! especially now with raptors and mosquitos, and PN's all looking the same, my inventory is packed with drones and i have to hover my mouse over each one till i find the right one to reload into my QB

Stackable drones Wooo yeehh!!

woop

jernau
17-02-04, 18:53
No. You'd need to get thousands per set and no CST could hold more than 30 or so without being laden.

Besides, there are still far too many drones lost to bugs and lag to make them any harder to make than they already are.

Archeus
17-02-04, 19:59
Better system would be to boost the stats on the rare drones x2 and BP'ed ones leave the same. It would mean making them worth something.

Ehyuko
17-02-04, 19:59
Simple, treat the rare drones like non-drone weapons, they don't leave your inventory when launched, they take condition loss like normal weapons instead of 3-10% a launch, if they are destoryed in the air they take a condition hit.

That's the only way I'd know to make it fair to droners to have a non bpable rare. If each rare drone set yielded multiple drones, how many do you think would be fair, ie: compared to how often other people need to make their own weapons? Six? Ten? Thirty? A hundred?

Droners in general burn through drones like crazy, or at least did before they got the health increase. I imagine droners can still go through 2-6 drones per op fight now, I've had a disruptor for over 3 months and it's needed 2 repairs, it will likely last me for another 3-4 months before I NEED a new one, how many drones do you think that would equate to?

Whitestuff
17-02-04, 20:12
Here is my thought:

Take the drone parts out of the rare pool. That way the pool is less poluted.

Next, create runs (like epic runs) for droners to complete for each said rare drone. I dunno who makes drones, but it could be Out in the wastes, one could be deep within the city main sewer, etc.

Each run contains elements of the epics (ie: go talk to so and so, take his note to sos and so, they'll give you this, bring it to me) and then there should be a good amount of droner specific parts. Like this: A man tells you to complete this mission and you are worthy of a part to a PN. There is a hole in the wall, fly a drone through it. Kill the monster inside, a door inside opens, go through it with your drone kill another said monster all with the same drone. This way, only the best droners could obtain parts to the rare drones ie: the droners who deserve the rares.

Once all the parts to a rare drone are obtained, it can be built and BPed. So if people don't want to do the run for the original, then they spend 30k for a BP and copy it. BUT my point is 1) The parts are out of the rare pool and 2) It'll give droners something interesting to do.

KK, ignore away. . . .

Agent L
17-02-04, 21:00
hehe, I like 2 ideas :
Drone quest run
places available only to drones : D

jernau
17-02-04, 21:07
Drone only areas you could use :
The towers in front Of Regants Legacy. They look like you can get into them but you can't :(.
The centre section of the bunker maze could go down inside it.

Better yet would be a special room off the graves as that's where most droners live. Every droner knows about the fake-pharoah ;) - somthing behind there would do.

GT_Rince
17-02-04, 21:10
Originally posted by jernau
Every droner knows about the fake-pharoah ;) - somthing behind there would do.

Eh ? I miss something ? :confused:

jernau
17-02-04, 21:13
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Eh ? I miss something ? :confused:

Well I assumed everyone knew.....

http://indifference.homeip.net/Sarcophagus.jpg

Whitestuff
17-02-04, 22:16
Good to see one of my ideas is slightly liked.

Nice "fake-pharoah" pic.

cRazy2003
17-02-04, 22:18
it would suck a bit because consters could take any drones which they make for u since it depends on the const level and u dunno how many youd get, unless there was a table comparing const skill to amount of drones

greploco
17-02-04, 22:44
no

drop rate for drone parts is pretty low, much lower than other parts

same for droner implant

not a problem

dem0n
18-02-04, 10:00
the best way to solve the droner situation is that only the original drone can be blueprinted. nuff said.

phunqe
18-02-04, 10:04
Hmm is the drone rare drop rate really low?
I hear my clan constantly complaining about all the drone parts.

They better not complain now however, with my ubar droner and all :p

Anyway, I was expecting this thread to be on the second page of the forum by now :p

phunqe
18-02-04, 10:06
Originally posted by dem0n
the best way to solve the droner situation is that only the original drone can be blueprinted. nuff said.

I wonder if it's possible to stop certain blueprints from being copied?