PDA

View Full Version : Pain Easer or Liberator?

ServeX
17-02-04, 10:36
Whats more effective in your opinion and why? Pain Easer or Liberator? (If a PE was using it)

\\Fényx//
17-02-04, 10:39
PE because its more accurate

Lib just looks cool and allows you to take hacking or poking under INT as you dont need so much lore.

ServeX
17-02-04, 10:40
hm what about judge/pain easer/or liberator, which would you choose there?

Jest
17-02-04, 11:02
<---- Probably going to LoM to use PE. Id love for the Lib to be viable but its currently not, and from what I hear from a few people its only gotten worse on the Test Server. I could use a change anyways. :p

Original monk
17-02-04, 11:04
Pain Easer

simple and easy altough ya gotta sacrifice int into weaponlore

GT_Rince
17-02-04, 11:12
Between the Pain Easer and Judge, I would have to say teh Judge. Damage is very good and you can run round faster than with a rifle. Libby is OK for monks, but not much else really.

SynC_187
17-02-04, 11:25
I use libby and love it. I don't really have any problems killing people whatever the class.

Don't know about the patch on the test server though...

wun
17-02-04, 11:28
i love the libby... at full auto... although i don't currently cap rof...

when i can't get it to lock sometimes and the tide turns against me i bitch out and use blacksun... :D

still haven't tested the judge...

haven't used PE with a PE.. but i do like being able to hack...

Stigmata
17-02-04, 12:11
Edit, he is a Pe

sorry

sparrowtm
17-02-04, 12:51
Originally posted by wun
i love the libby... at full auto... although i don't currently cap rof...

when i can't get it to lock sometimes and the tide turns against me i bitch out and use blacksun... :D

still haven't tested the judge...

haven't used PE with a PE.. but i do like being able to hack...

I wub you. I thought I was the only one still using the Libi/Blacksun combo. :)

Fez
17-02-04, 13:07
Pe if ur going pure cobat No tradskillz if u want to hack or poke or something then libby, also a libby /stelth setup is'nt to bad but a PE + stelth is pure gimpage

Punisher-X
17-02-04, 13:08
Libby/Blacksun combo is oooooooooooooooooooold news. True, not many people use it now....most people ditched it due to the nib factor of Blacksun.
Unless Libby gets hit with the nerf-bat too much over the next patches, I will ocntinue to use it. In its current state, you can still beat ANY character with it - even the CS/Dev tanks. TBH Jest, im surprised to hear that you have probz with libby....is it cuz of the recent HC boost? or other reasons?

sparrowtm
17-02-04, 13:11
Originally posted by Punisher-X
Libby/Blacksun combo is oooooooooooooooooooold news. True, not many people use it now....most people ditched it due to the nib factor of Blacksun.

*shrug* I want to be able to stealth, so using a Blacksun comes naturally. Otherwise, those 80 T-C points would be too much of a waste :p

Blacksun Lhama and proud of it.

http://home.arcor.de/sparrowtm/l33t_cereal.jpg

ezza
17-02-04, 13:13
its ok serve your a nib so whatever weapon you go for youll die:p

El_MUERkO
17-02-04, 13:17
All the ray pistols lock on equally as quickly, its not a bug, the libby+blacksun setup is great for PEs as they level up, it'll hopefully get better when the new damage model hits retail :cool:

sparrowtm
17-02-04, 13:19
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
All the ray pistols lock on equally as quickly, its not a bug, the libby+blacksun setup is great for PEs as they level up, it'll hopefully get better when the new damage model hits retail :cool:

What do you mean, level up? I'm full capped. Bah!. http://home.arcor.de/sparrowtm/smiley__hintern.gif

El_MUERkO
17-02-04, 13:29
Originally posted by sparrowtm
What do you mean, level up? I'm full capped. Bah!. http://home.arcor.de/sparrowtm/smiley__hintern.gif

Sorry I shouldnt say level up, I meant after they cap and start eperimenting with diffrent setups and get some of the rarer chips and implants which allow them to use diffrent weapons without gimpage.

Dribble Joy
17-02-04, 13:32
I really don't suggest the Judge.
Getting decent rof and not being dependent on drugs for run speed, will require gimpage in defence.
I still recomend the RoLH over the judge, whatever Rade may say :p.

Punisher-X
17-02-04, 13:32
Pel, it wasn't the aiming that was regarded as "nibish" with the BS particularly, it was the aiming+good damage. Tho I think with alot of todays CON setups, BS might not be as good as it was a few months ago.

Judge
17-02-04, 14:58
Libby:

Looks cool
Allows you to have hack/imp
Aims like turd strapped to a brick

PE:

Doesn't look so cool
Doesn't allow hack/imp (well 50 hack if you loose psi use)
Aims alot better than turd strapped to a brick

I THINK that the damages (considering RoF) are roughly the same.

evs
17-02-04, 15:26
The judge is far more effective than the PE after its recent boost

Ozambabbaz
17-02-04, 15:36
me figures the Liberace is still very good, if used at it's best, some PE's give me no sweat with it, others do, same as the PE really.

I've never used pistols still, but as a rifle whore, i'm quite jealous of the PEestolero's extra tradeskill and bit more runspeed in combat, so it all boils down to preference, IMO.

Just don't try one weapon and say "WWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNK" after a week, it takes months sometimes to get finely tuned.

I would venture the statement that maxed RoF Liberace's get the best aiming praccy in the game :)

Possessed
17-02-04, 15:50
Terminator > all other rifles and pistols tbh :) :) :)

Tycho C
17-02-04, 15:54
Well, I put my Kami chip in just to cap the PE, cause I'm a PE freek. I'v tended to tare the Juge PE's up with my Kami in. But I choke at the end a lot and lose :( .

Anyway, I'm about to pull my Kami chip out because the fucking CS hurts me more than HL....

I put it in for the sole purpose of caping ROF on the PE. But I think I found a way to do it without it (have to ware PA :mad: )

Also of note: I poke 115 with my Imp Glove. Had 109 WL and about 234% aiming on my artifact PE.

LTA
17-02-04, 16:26
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Between the Pain Easer and Judge, I would have to say teh Judge. Damage is very good and you can run round faster than with a rifle. Libby is OK for monks, but not much else really.

Dunno my pe moves very fast with a painy.....

a-lot faster than my pe was moving with a Judge/rolh
Painy is good against most classes, has Long/Med and short range capabilites, which is what makes me favour it over most pistols....

Doc Holliday
17-02-04, 18:14
low tech rifle user with a pe has so much versatility. it is possible to have about 50 to 60 hack and a reasonable amount of psu an still cap aim. same goes with poke. ok hackin means warbots only no jonnys no ops and poke u can squeeze to 84 if set up correctly and no i dont mean with a spy 3 ;)

libby well until the aim is fixed its very difficult to use properly. U have to have V. good aim as per shot its weak so they have to land but yall no that without me stating the obvious. Never used a judge so i wont comment on it. just my contribution.

Biznatchy
17-02-04, 18:25
Im just asking when did the aim on the libby get trashed. I played a tank for almost a year and just move to a libby pe. I was thinking it would aim like a blacksun, when i got it then i found it aims just a bit better then the my tank CS. Or is that just my imagination.

oh ya my libby aim is 267

Doc Holliday
17-02-04, 19:13
the reticle locks on ok mate its the fact of the amount of shots that actually hit afaik. thats most folks gripes. u have to keep it trained for the burst bonus to kick in an do some damage. thats the issue with it.

GT_Rince
17-02-04, 19:43
Originally posted by LTA
Dunno my pe moves very fast with a painy.....

a-lot faster than my pe was moving with a Judge/rolh
Painy is good against most classes, has Long/Med and short range capabilites, which is what makes me favour it over most pistols....

By their very nature, Rifles will slow you down more than Pistols. H-C slows you down more than Rifles. Unless you have specced more ATH / AGL, that is the only reason you will be faster :)

Someone correct me if I am wrong :)

VetteroX
17-02-04, 19:47
Lib I think is getting a damage nerf next patch, plus still sucks at aiming.... cant be sure though cause of mob resisits. pain easer is getting a damage upgrade, and my rifle pe can hack and use pain easer... frankly with the way things are now, a pure combat pe isnt worth it... if your gonna do that be a tank. I dont cap aiming but who cares... its over 250% and i cant notice a diff between that and 267%. Blacksun, RolH and RoG are lame.... as is every weapon that doesnt go down in damage with low health, just not balanced, kk really has to fix up weapon balance. Judge is quite good, however requires 83 points in tc..... personaly I switched around my pes, my rifler is now going no tc pain easer and my pistoler has gone tc Judge. Note however, you need an SA for an effective judge setup.

Judge
17-02-04, 19:49
I really hope that they don't nerf the libby next patch :(

Ah well... I suppose that all the PE classhoppers might go home and play on their tanks again. I just can't decide if its the lesser of two evils.

ezza
17-02-04, 19:55
Originally posted by Judge
I really hope that they don't nerf the libby next patch :(

Ah well... I suppose that all the PE classhoppers might go home and play on their tanks again. I just can't decide if its the lesser of two evils. bahh dont send them the way of the tanks, im already anticipating a load of them making melee tanks:mad:

Judge
17-02-04, 19:59
*shudder* Melle tanks.... the one class that I really cannot deal with as a pistol PE.... They are so god damn fast I can't move backward and so close and 'in your face' that I can barely aim my Lib. :(

Clownst0pper
17-02-04, 20:55
*shudder* Melle tanks.... the one class that I really cannot deal with as a pistol PE.... They are so god damn fast I can't move backward and so close and 'in your face' that I can barely aim my Lib.

Even worse when they parashock u. :lol:

ServeX
17-02-04, 21:01
melee is utterly boring to play though =//, I guess I'm going to start loming to rifle now =p.

/45 loms :X

GT_Rince
17-02-04, 21:13
Originally posted by ServeX
melee is utterly boring to play though =//

I got a Melee Tank - It is a shitload of fun to play. I love getting right up to the action :D

ezza
17-02-04, 21:51
Originally posted by GT_Rince
I got a Melee Tank - It is a shitload of fun to play. I love getting right up to the action :D yup loads of fun, he dont know what hes talking about pay no attention

Artie
17-02-04, 22:47
yeah i like melee tanks...hell, i got a melee tank droner on saturn :)

DON'T NERF TEH TANK DRONAHS I R TEH UBAR!!!111oneoneonepiepiepie??!!!?!?

ServeX
18-02-04, 00:09
I played a melee tank for like a week on test server =P so I kind of know how to play it, and I dueled a bunch of people so I did experience what its like to be melee, I just don't like the weapons =\\

GT_Rince
18-02-04, 00:14
I played a melee tank for like a week on test server =P so I kind of know how to play it, and I dueled a bunch of people so I did experience what its like to be melee, I just don't like the weapons =\\

You don't liek teh Sausage of Doom? :D

ezza
18-02-04, 00:35
I played a melee tank for like a week on test server =P so I kind of know how to play it, and I dueled a bunch of people so I did experience what its like to be melee, I just don't like the weapons =\\ haha well im lomming diabolus back to heavy right now, im so fucking pissed with the fucking ops battles, i pk better with my melee, but fucking ops fight no chance:confused:

Shadow Dancer
18-02-04, 00:38
Originally posted by Judge
and so close and 'in your face'

yup, that's really annoying. Add to that, their freezer is wayyy too strong, and i think it's going to be stronger next patch. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ezza
haha well im lomming diabolus back to heavy right now, im so fucking pissed with the fucking ops battles, i pk better with my melee, but fucking ops fight no chance:confused:

What about spamming peeps with your freezer as a melee tank? Surely that would help in op fights?

Spoon
18-02-04, 01:24
Anyone know what the RoF cap for Gatlin Pistols is?

Jest
18-02-04, 01:25
Originally posted by Spoon
Anyone know what the RoF cap for Gatlin Pistols is? 370. They are kewl. :p

Spoon
18-02-04, 01:28
Originally posted by Jest
370. They are kewl. :p

Ahh, thanks......

ezza
18-02-04, 01:38
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

What about spamming peeps with your freezer as a melee tank? Surely that would help in op fights?

when you look at it, a ffreezer or some good AOE spammage from moony the moony is more usefull:(

i think i have a fear of capping or something, everytime i come close to cap i lom :lol: my cons is 100 but my strength 98 i think lol