PDA

View Full Version : Not coming back

Sunab_Naverith
17-02-04, 06:46
Well, KK, it was great. I really loved (and still do) love Neocron, its community, and what you plan on doing with it.

I was with this game since the end of Beta 3, beginning of Beta 4, had to cancel in November of last year because of work issues, and haven't renewed since. I made a lot of friends, and (amazingly) very few enemies.

I was going to be purchasing a 3 (maybe even 6 month) subscription when BDoY came out, but then you HAD to give in to the PKer's, and completely remove the LE for anyone who didn't want to be cannon fodder.

I was a regular player, with perhaps 1-2 hours a night (on average, very rarely 5-7 hours a night) available to play, and that gaming experience was enhanced knowing I didn't have to fear if I was going to drop that 3 slotted shelter I spent 35k on, or (god forbid!) my crahn PSI Core implant that took me 4 1/2 months to assemble.

After this last patch, I have watched the "U3E4 1337" pker's start flaunting across the forums, pretty much saying anything is going to go in "Their" world. Well their world was promised to them, in the form of Neptune. I have yet to see this Neptune, so I have come to the realization that Neptune is simply going to be all the servers.

You may view me as a "carebear", or classify me as whatever you wish to, I don't care anymore. I had fun with this game, I will never forget it, nor my experiences here.

I have not logged in under my character in so many months, I do not even remember if I left my LE chip in him or not, and I am not about to pay $9.95 just to find out that I am fubar'd for playing. Due to Neocron's incredible dislike of my computer, I have insane lag, and even more incredible is the FPS I get with my video card. The instant someone fired more than one shot at a time, I was lucky to get screen updates every 3 seconds. Now, If I wanted to play, I would have to walk around naked so that I wouldn't lose anything, because I would be nothing more than walking target practice for these FPS whores that call themselves "Tru pker's!" (like VetteroX).

I believe these people derive some sort of deranged pleasure from completely screwing the rest of the server population out of a pleasant gaming experience, and then having the balls to say," What, don't want to PvP? STICK A LE IN, n00b!", then when they encounter someone that has a LE in ,"Take that LE out and fight me, you exploiting n00b!", then when people ignore them, they say that it just "Boosts their Ego to know that people are so afraid of them, that they won't fight them.".

If there was a chance to completely do a server-wide wipe, and force these "pker's" to go to a new server, Neptune, I would come back. Until that time I must bid you all adieu.

I do not blame you directly, KK. You are merely trying to cater to the wish's of your majority clientel. Unfortunately, it seems this majority are CS rejects who can't cut it on any other FPS game, so come here to screw up other peoples games, just like bullies screw up other peoples lives.

I want to say Thanks to everyone I met, Cracky and the gang of Malevolent Crackheads, they were the very first group I met on Neocron (pluto server, obviously), and Cracky was cool, he let me join the clan and hang, even though I wasn't a pker, I could *sort of* hold my own in the beginning. I can't remember everyone in-game I ever met, and I am sorry for that :( .

I wanted to thank the *few* enemies I had for making it interesting when I was in MC, MeGaMaN, Joystick, and a few others that I have already forgotton :lol:.

And finally, I wanted to thank you, KK, for making this fabulous game. I only wish that it wasn't perverted and destroyed (gameplay wise) by those that have nothing better to do in-game now than be "bullies", for lack of a better word.

I could go on and on about my views on the LE, the "anti-carebears", etc.. But I won't, because anything I say is going to be lauded as "DAMN CAREBEAR!!" and "STFU N00B! I like to shoot helpless newbies in the backs when they are hunting rats, makes me feel like a big man! HRGH!".

Again, thank you, EVERYONE! for making this an enjoyable past 1 1/2 years! (approximately).

*****NOTE TO MODS*****
Can you please move this to general forums? Since my play account has been deactivated, I cannot post there (obviously), and I doubt anyone in the newbie section would really care to read this. If you can do that please, I would really appreciate it.
Keep up the good work, Nid (my favorite :D)! Odin! Forseti! Thanatos! Everyone in KK!I shan't forget you all! (especially you, Danae! :-p)

Thank you AGAIN for this fabulous game. I sincerely hope things are fixed for me to rejoin in the future, but honestly I do not think so... :( .

Peace,
Sunab_Naverith

XSuneX
17-02-04, 07:46
I'm a newbe, and bring on those PKrs. I'm no winey boy. I was afraid to take my LE out untill now!

LE is a great idea but not meant to be KEPT in.

SynC_187
17-02-04, 12:07
Originally posted by XSuneX
I'm a newbe, and bring on those PKrs. I'm no winey boy. I was afraid to take my LE out untill now!

LE is a great idea but not meant to be KEPT in.

Lol.

Your gonna get owned.

There is skill involved in this game but a lot comes down to resources.

Do you have the best equipment? Without it I would keep your LE in as long as possible or find a good clan.

Bragging about taking your LE out when your inexperienced and probably low level (guessing as you say your a newbie) isn't going to get you respect. Its going to get you dead. A lot.

As long as their not exploiting I have no problem with people keeping their LE's in, but you take it out and your red, I'm gonna kill you :p

ezza
17-02-04, 13:10
Originally posted by Sunab_Naverith

I was going to be purchasing a 3 (maybe even 6 month) subscription when BDoY came out, but then you HAD to give in to the PKer's, and completely remove the LE for anyone who didn't want to be cannon fodder.

how has it been removed, its still there but if you take it out after level 30 you cant stick it back in so what, if you didnt want to PvP etc shouldnt of took it out in the first place

oh and how many times have the so called carebears won over Pkers, more often than pkers win

Nidhogg
17-02-04, 13:48
Say your goodbyes by PMs please. Thread closed.

N