PDA

View Full Version : My Monthly LOM(Rifles to Pistols)

juvestar15
17-02-04, 06:11
Once again I'm bored of Rifles. :rolleyes:

This is the about the 5th time I've switched to Pistols. :)
I'm having no luck with ROGs, all the ones i've had built suck, that's like over 10. :(

I don't like the Libby or Blacksun/RoLH. So I'm going for a Beam of Hell setup which will also let me use a Judge. I got this setup.

SA
SF
MOVE ON
Balance 3

Reflex 4

4th Pistol PA

That gives me 105 DEX and around 177 PC. What are my chances of capping a BoH or Judge with that kind of PC? Weapon lore isn't a problem if that helps.
Even if the guns aren't Artifact, what mods would i use if they had slots?

Drake6k
17-02-04, 06:20
That should cap Judge damage I think. Wont cap freq.

Prolly wont cap either on a BoH, you wont get better without gimping though...

iainy13
17-02-04, 09:11
you need 105 dex for pe pa4. so you need to use redflash when you gr. i think its an alright setup. 180 p-c or so if you spec it the way i think you will. but the boh isent easy to use. you should go judge and get better resists with slgihtly better offence aswell with the new judge damage increase.

KramerTheWeird
17-02-04, 09:24
You can cap damage on beam of hell without drugs and self imp'd to 105. You would need to increase weapon lore a lot though, probably 120-140. It's easier to aim although the frequency of judge will be more impressive and give you better damage output. Still in the hands of a skilled user BoH can be just as viable or more.

iainy13
17-02-04, 10:10
though the stats say the boh is easier to aim ive always found the judge to be easier. boh is fun though. i have fought a few pisto judge users and its a very even match with my setup. i use constant redflash and dont have a sa though. my boh setup is way diffrent then yours though.

juvestar15
17-02-04, 10:29
ok thanks for info. :)

Is it wrong to assume rares have only a damage difference compared to their lower relatives?

I tried out Blacksun and one of the Laser pistols(forgot which) and i really liked the Laser. It would be the same as the rares ye?

GT_Rince
17-02-04, 10:33
I have a Beam of Hell. I cap damage and aiming. RoF is at 79 atm (I think). I do 184 dmg per hit to a doomie - and it hardly ever misses :D

My setup is non-SA, so I guess you could maybe get a bit more RoF out of it. Will hopefully try it out at NF tonight :)

IceStorm
17-02-04, 10:45
you need 105 dex for pe pa4. so you need to use redflash when you gr
I don't think you have to drug, unless PE PA has an RC or PC requirement, then you might have to.

The way I activate my Spy PA3 after a GR is to put on a Recycle, Repair, or Constructor glove for the +5 DEX after SI wears off as I only have an SS and SF installed for DEX. The armor activates once I get the +5 from the glove. I normally remove my Spy PA3 after doing this, then put it back on and do the same with the belt and all the other pieces, then swap the Recycle glove back for my Psi gauntlet.