PDA

View Full Version : Question about subway tracks

Shujin
17-02-04, 03:24
Is posting a way to get onto the tracks considered exploiting?

I've seen many people post pics of themselves on the tracks so thats a kind of contradiction if u are allowd to post pictures of yourself on the tracks which is a result of exploiting if getting onto the tracks itself is exploiting.

Marx
17-02-04, 03:27
You should be able to walk on the tracks and get killed by the subway cars.

:cool:

Boozbazz
17-02-04, 03:27
how can that be exploiting? i fell of the sub once and had to walk all the way to the next station. it just sorta happened

Shujin
17-02-04, 03:29
Originally posted by Boozbazz
how can that be exploiting? i fell of the sub once and had to walk all the way to the next station. it just sorta happened no i mean to post a way to purposely and easily get on the tracks

Spoon
17-02-04, 03:38
Originally posted by Shujin
Is posting a way to get onto the tracks considered exploiting?

I doubt it.....

Since it's a safe zone you really can't get into much trouble there...

Unless, jumping out of the subway car when it's door is open, with the intent to sex the dead TG dudes that litter the track near the OZ station is an exploit.....:eek:

edit
spelling...:lol:

I wonder where my mind is....

sw1tch
17-02-04, 03:41
I dont see how anyone could get an advantage from being on the tracks. Most of the time people jump too early when the doors open early and they just fall out. Had it happen to someone in my clan today.

kurai
17-02-04, 03:41
It's easily do-able, if you take a few seconds to think about it.

There just isn't much point - there's fuck all you can usefully do or interact with once you are there, so the term "exploit" doesn't really apply ;)

Marx
17-02-04, 03:43
I was under the impression that an 'exploit' is when one uses an engine limitation to promote their own ends.

What do you get out of being on the tracks?

kurai
17-02-04, 03:46
Originally posted by Marx
What do you get out of being on the tracks? A screenshot is pretty much it. :D

Gotterdammerung
17-02-04, 03:54
people aren't supposed to be able to access the tracks, though sometimes it happens by accident. if you found a way to exploit and get on the tracks please do as is recommended and report it as a bug.

Benjie
17-02-04, 03:55
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
people aren't supposed to be able to access the tracks, though sometimes it happens by accident. if you found a way to exploit and get on the tracks please do as is recommended and report it as a bug.
I found a way to crawl under tables and stick your head through the top. Is that considered an exploit? I can do it whenever I want.

I would report it, but it's my part trick. :(

Shujin
18-02-04, 00:17
Originally posted by Benjie
I found a way to crawl under tables and stick your head through the top. Is that considered an exploit? I can do it whenever I want.

I would report it, but it's my part trick. :( yea i dun wanna report how to get onto the tracks, not by accident and no not by jumpin off the subway cab at last second bcuz that never works ;/

me and marx have fun doin it tho ;D

Doc Holliday
18-02-04, 00:55
well in one of the dead tg dudes is some serious hard core rare drugs and some cold hard cash, maybe yall should go check it out. i go up there when i want to get away and just jack up and float round neocron. its an escape is what it is.

Shujin
18-02-04, 01:18
to tell u the truth i think there should be some hidden Anti CA HQ's down there since they arent in Con center.

there are alot of dead ends in there where it goes back into a area then just cuts off, they could get some faction offices down in there.

and if we need we can share areas. there could be a TG / FA one. a Crahn / BD one, and a TS one.

Invertigo
18-02-04, 01:19
what harm is it causing to other players?

Shujin
18-02-04, 01:21
Originally posted by Invertigo
what harm is it causing to other players? ... none... but the point is, ur not supposed to get down there by game deisgn..

but most people actually love going down there its so kewl

Invertigo
18-02-04, 01:44
well i think KK classifies exploiting as using an unfair bug in the game to your advantage, so maybe if the subway was a anarchy zone and you were able to shoot, and then go hide in the tracks to where no one else could go get you...then that i think would be "exploiting"

but since you cant, and no one is getting harm done to them, and its actually just ammusing everyone to be able to run around down there and look around then i dont think its that bad.

Shujin
18-02-04, 01:44
Originally posted by Invertigo
well i think KK classifies exploiting as using an unfair bug in the game to your advantage, so maybe if the subway was a anarchy zone and you were able to shoot, and then go hide in the tracks to where no one else could go get you...then that i think would be "exploiting"

but since you cant, and no one is getting harm done to them, and its actually just ammusing everyone to be able to run around down there and look around then i dont think its that bad. exploiting is doing anything the game was not designed to let you do

jernau
18-02-04, 02:53
You used to be able to get on there by just walking off the end of the OZ station platform. That's why it now has a big pile of boxes there.

I have no idea why KK don't want us there other than because it looks silly when the trains pass through you but they clearly don't.

It is cool though and worth doing but I'm not telling you how....

Shujin
18-02-04, 02:58
Originally posted by jernau
You used to be able to get on there by just walking off the end of the OZ station platform. That's why it now has a big pile of boxes there.

I have no idea why KK don't want us there other than because it looks silly when the trains pass through you but they clearly don't.

It is cool though and worth doing but I'm not telling you how.... i know how and told marx and we had a bit o fun ;P its ez as fauwk

jernau
18-02-04, 03:07
i know how and told marx and we had a bit o fun ;P its ez as fauwk

Yeah I know ;). Shame the hidden OZ sector place has such a low spy-box.

Shujin
18-02-04, 03:13
[guess i shouldnt say]

Cruzbroker
18-02-04, 03:20
FUCK SHH SHUJIN NOW YOU RUIN IT ALL!! :mad:

Shujin
18-02-04, 03:20
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
FUCK SHH SHUJIN NOW YOU RUIN IT ALL!! :mad: what? i was just sayin that they were low
i didnt say anythin else... cant i say i like how the lamps are... sheesh

Leebzie
18-02-04, 11:50
We should be able to go onto the subway, and down there should be like a smuggling area, with secret paths into/out of the city.

Dont know what it would take but make the hovercabs more of a threat to players.

naimex
18-02-04, 11:54
exploiting is doing anything the game was not designed to let you do

*mails game because of exploits*

The game was not designed to crash...... ban the game !!! itīs exploiting !!!!

amfest
18-02-04, 12:43
was the subway goign to remain a safezone with BDOY? I thought they said they were going to remove all safezones except HQs and bars so if that being the case you should report stuff like that as a bug cause then when BDOY comes out and it's not a safezone that would give an unfair advantage.

Spoon
18-02-04, 22:47
Originally posted by amfest
was the subway goign to remain a safezone with BDOY?

I asked the same thing in MJS's SafeZone Removal thread, but never got a reply.....

There could be some issues there, if it were not a safe zone...

Like using AoE on passing subway cars......:lol:
And belt retrevial(now which car did I drop that QB in?).....8|

Benjie
18-02-04, 23:01
exploiting is doing anything the game was not designed to let you do
Wrong.
http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=460&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

QuantumDelta
18-02-04, 23:01
Originally posted by Spoon
I asked the same thing in MJS's SafeZone Removal thread, but never got a reply.....

There could be some issues there, if it were not a safe zone...

Like using AoE on passing subway cars......:lol:
And belt retrevial(now which car did I drop that QB in?).....8| Dropping a belt in a car drops it out of the car onto the tracks (don't ask me how I know :p)

An' yea, it's easy to get on the tracks....

J. Folsom
18-02-04, 23:03
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Dropping a belt in a car drops it out of the car onto the tracks (don't ask me how I know :p) You know because you keep dropping Milky Rens on the tracks! You filthy litterer. Do you know how much work it is for NEXT to clean that up?!?!? :p