PDA

View Full Version : hmm, i have a le-chip in but i somehow lose SL

nobby
17-02-04, 02:02
hi, im a droner, i was at MB since im CM and i got killed by an aggie that got in the bunker, anyway, when i GR'd back to my apt, it said that i had killed someone, brought up that horrible message, ive lost faction symp in CM now and im pissed off.
stupid bloody bug!
thought they fixed enough bugs for the droners, but theye left out a massively important one!

Gotterdammerung
17-02-04, 02:29
the droner losing Sl even with an LE in is a very old bug. the drone is looked upon as a seperate entity so say you are in a cave team with an aoe drone and accidentally damage a team mate and he dies later on, the drone isn't recognized as part of the team but is recognized as an extension of you, hence the SL loss

nobby
17-02-04, 02:30
so cant u even sort it out then with a patch, u said that its a very old bug, why havnt they sorted it out with a patch after all that time?

Psycho_Soldier
17-02-04, 02:43
Originally posted by nobby
so cant u even sort it out then with a patch, u said that its a very old bug, why havnt they sorted it out with a patch after all that time?

Get use to it is all I can say.

mr murb
17-02-04, 03:04
No they said they fixed all the bugs even the droner ones.

(soullight read-out moved to reduce file size.)

It's nice, start a new droner and still get all the same bugs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://photoshop.superdownloads.net/uploads/dronersoullight.jpg

SovKhan
17-02-04, 03:07
yah cus if you lose drones even the rare ones you cant just build more without collecting rareparts....

Dajuda
17-02-04, 06:40
So you're saying Droners with LEs in can kill people? o_O

petek480
17-02-04, 06:47
Originally posted by Dajuda
So you're saying Droners with LEs in can kill people? o_O
No, droners just get penalized if someone that you hit and did no damage to dies.

Spex
17-02-04, 07:01
Even worse than the occasional SL drop (it goes up very fast normally, unless you get a handful SL hits one after another) are the wasted faction sympathies. My LE droner's sympathies look more and more like I PK'ed from Heaven to Hell and back :(

In the end I hope KK finds a way to fix this bug; actually I believe it's the *very same* bug which allowed to kill LE players, or non-LE players if you had a LE in (every player-controlled entity and player-conducted action *must have* the player as the originator, which was and is clearly not the case).

ZoneVortex
17-02-04, 07:30
oh....
my....
god....

MY SL IS NEGATIVE

END OF THE WORLD!!

:p

No seriously, i know it's stupid that this bug exists...but...

it sounds more like a complaint that you lost SL than that a bug exists

just so you don't feel bad, today I went from...32 SL, to -21 SL, to 0 SL, to -20 SL, back up to -15 again

and i never stopped fighting the whole time ;p

screw soul light!

but erm yeah, fix the bugs, but don't worry if you're SL is below zero for the first time ever 8|

Mattimeo
17-02-04, 08:19
I had to reroll my droner because of that stupid bug back before I knew about it. I was using the ray one that did splash near MB and then a PKer showed up and it just got ugly with my faction sympathies.....it was bad....

Now I just avoid crowds with my new one. Really sucks tho, I have my LE in to avoid all that crap.

mr murb
17-02-04, 15:01
I really don't care about the soulight (well most of the time).

It is the factions loyalty loss that I hate. It sucks when your main one drops below 49 and you can no longer do cyclops missions.

or a faction you wanted to switch to, takes a huge drop.

Original monk
17-02-04, 15:16
nobby, negative soullight isnt much of a problem when you stay outside of copbotguarded area's like plaza, the LE protects you from loosing a belt or getting Pked anyway :)

yust them copbots and the symphaty loss yeah :/

nobby
18-02-04, 02:21
not the point though.........