PDA

View Full Version : I love the sniper rifle

Smacktard
17-02-04, 01:32
In a good mood because i got a two slotted outstanding phosphor stabilized tangent sniper rifle. Love the zoom on this thing.

240% aiming and 127% damage, for a newb I am quite happy and killed an iguana in one shot, that lizard had been chewing me up ever since i started the game.

Very satisfying to totally destroy that lizard in one shot with 367 damage floating above its dead head.

What can I say, I'm this excited and only one fourth leveled up my high tech rifle tree.

Vampire222
17-02-04, 01:34
Wait till you get a silent hunter, same will happen to ppl you shoot then :)

Benjie
17-02-04, 01:35
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I am very happy that you like the sniper rifle.... :mad: :mad: :mad:
:mad: :mad:

Vid Gamer
17-02-04, 01:41
I thought this was another boost the SH thread since he the :mad: face and I thought he was being sarcastic or something. :lol:

Smacktard
17-02-04, 01:42
I dont know why I clicked on the angry face., LOL Was thinking of something else at the time I guess. :)

Q`alooaith
17-02-04, 01:49
Sniper rifle's are great...

I recently had a commando made for my spy, can't use it yet, but only a little off using without drugging to high hell and back..

I had one BP, had it made, two slot's... hehehe..

extract
17-02-04, 10:14
I cant wait til the commando hits TL 90 on retail, it does sick dmg on test server, its gonna be a nice mini SH

Original monk
17-02-04, 10:20
i am very pleased to hear that you enjoy the sniping: and WOOP that daamn IGUANA's ass i would say :P show em who's boss, show him who's the master. KEEEL KEEL KEEEL KEEL

KramerTheWeird
17-02-04, 10:22
ya keel those iguanas! just don't let his big brother the decayed horror see you :D

GT_Rince
17-02-04, 10:28
I got a 4 slot commando - and the damage it does for a non-rare is incredible. Just short of 250 off a Doomie. Never hunted Warbots with it, but would guess they are similar.

And, so I am told, the Silent Hunter has no swirly to announce you, so you can hunt in piece. I had a Spy hunting my tank with one of those outside of TG - I couldn't see him so had to hide under the tower. Each shot was taking a good amount of health off me. I may go back to a spy at some point soon - but not rolling anything to do it with :D

phunqe
17-02-04, 10:33
Originally posted by Smacktard
Was thinking of something else at the time I guess. :)

Must have been the lizard ;)

:D

ServeX
17-02-04, 10:35
yea SHs are not so bad anymore...

steweygrrr
17-02-04, 11:55
Originally posted by GT_Rince
I got a 4 slot commando - and the damage it does for a non-rare is incredible. Just short of 250 off a Doomie. Never hunted Warbots with it, but would guess they are similar.

And, so I am told, the Silent Hunter has no swirly to announce you, so you can hunt in piece. I had a Spy hunting my tank with one of those outside of TG - I couldn't see him so had to hide under the tower. Each shot was taking a good amount of health off me. I may go back to a spy at some point soon - but not rolling anything to do it with :D

Hehehehe I have a lot Uranium modded commando and with my Kami, I cap it quite easily. The damage it does is immense 264 to warbots, 259 to titans 250 to horries and brutes. Its one scary prospect. Does nice damage to people too....but not buffed PPU's lol (no that isnt a nerf request because I cant kill someone ^^)

Saza
17-02-04, 13:17
Originally posted by steweygrrr
Does nice damage to people too....but not buffed PPU's lol (no that isnt a nerf request because I cant kill someone ^^)

You just need to time it right, I took out a PPU by a combination of several factors :

1) He was ressing
2) His shelt/def just dropped
3) A fire mob set him on fire
4) My SH is fire modded.

He thought that this crappy doomy couldnt touch his uber ppuness, until that doomy appeared to be taking 200+ chunks outta his health. Funny thing is, I floored the guy he ressed too. Kudos to H@des....

Archeus
17-02-04, 13:42
I have a 3 slot commando and the great thing I love about it is, if you do your sniping well they never know it is you attacking them.

I almost killed two people at an op war this morning (Alex being one of them :p ). This was with an explosive commando. For the most part they didn't realise I was there until someone was almost dead and by the time they realised where I was shooting from I had already stealthed and moved. Shame I didn't have a SH at the time.

I stayed away from the tick based attacks (fire/xray/poison) because as soon as that hits them the victim goes hyper, where as non visual effect attacks the victim tends to sit there for 2-3 shots to them at least.

The good point about it is also you can target and shoot people outside of visual range if they give you a nice flare to their location (spell casting, twirly).

The bad point is the broadcast range of players is lower then your firing range. So people who are well within range of the sniper just don't show up even when zoomed.

winnoc
17-02-04, 13:59
I was sniping in some op wars and i never got to target people with my SH that weren't in sight, as soon as the visual was gone, no more reticule closing :-(

steweygrrr
17-02-04, 14:04
Originally posted by Saza
You just need to time it right, I took out a PPU by a combination of several factors :

1) He was ressing
2) His shelt/def just dropped
3) A fire mob set him on fire
4) My SH is fire modded.

He thought that this crappy doomy couldnt touch his uber ppuness, until that doomy appeared to be taking 200+ chunks outta his health. Funny thing is, I floored the guy he ressed too. Kudos to H@des....

ah this was at MB even with his shelter down his holy heal and holy heal sanct covered the damage he was a damn good PPU. That and the rof sucks at 24/min so if he knows you are there, your screwed.

Saza
17-02-04, 14:14
Originally posted by steweygrrr
ah this was at MB even with his shelter down his holy heal and holy heal sanct covered the damage he was a damn good PPU. That and the rof sucks at 24/min so if he knows you are there, your screwed.

Yup :) . As I said, sniping is all about timing. That and having at least some ability to aim. Btw, in a slightly off-topic thing , has anyone noticed that if u zoom in real close on a bullet you see the word:

Blabier

Look:

http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/neopictures/bullet.jpg

Weird.... Anyway, good luck with the sniping ;)

Original monk
17-02-04, 15:20
Originally posted by Saza
Btw, in a slightly off-topic thing , has anyone noticed that if u zoom in real close on a bullet you see the word:

Blabier

FREAK !!!!!

hehe, i didnt notice that yet no

what is blabier ? neocron munitions factory ? deliverin munitions to a&w ? probably some tangent company ..

Archeus
17-02-04, 15:30
Using babelfish (http://world.altavista.com/), Blabier translates from german to English as "more blabier"... seriously.

kane
17-02-04, 15:31
I hunt with SH very nice dmg and I own wb's all time just stand back few 1000 meters and shoot ^^ now only if server it self would increase the distance of where people desawn from your view ^^ and then have really rare sniper rifles hehe i mean like a dex 125 :eek: