PDA

View Full Version : Question to the Uranus population.

Tratos
16-02-04, 22:18
[MODS please do not move this thread as it is not a roleplay thread OR an event thread, its basicly getting a view of what Uranus think]

Evening to you all.

Uranus is becoming boring for me of late due to the fact it is mostly PVP i am aware PVP is a great part of this game but it is also a RPG meaning there should be some roleplay, today i went over to Venus as ive heard it has alot of roleplayers on it and i found within a few seconds a few people actualy roleplaying and i dont mean PK RP, actualy playing out their characters lives, they were at a restauraunt and have a disscussion about each other i couldnt understand a great deal of it as i know very little french but i did think this was great.

So, would you the Uranus population begin to roleplay your characters lives if you were encouraged to, i.e somone began to talk to you about your factions history or began to shout propaganda in the streets of the Plaza. would this encourage you to roleplay? or if i could organise some events in which roleplaying was needed to complete it would you join in? even if the prize was nothing uber and important to your PVP life but it enriched your roleplay experience?

These are some questions i ask you the uranus population to answer, and if i get enough possitive results i will try and contact a GM/FC/FCA to organise some bigger events and make up some smaller events without their aid.

You may ask why im asking you this, its because i love to roleplay and it saddens me that my home server has a very non roleplay atmosphere, so please answer my questions to see if we can change this.

Thank you for reading and thank you for your time

~Tratos.

Zanathos
16-02-04, 22:24
I dont mean to take it off topic.

but why is there a uranus anyways?

as far as im concerned there should only be the german server, the french server, the english server, then the 1 char english server.

just get rid of uranus :rolleyes:

at any rate, id love to role play ^_^ but... yeah...... usually im on team speak and i dont interact with other runners not on team speak :)

Dribble Joy
16-02-04, 22:26
When NC started the servers weren't the same as they are now, afaik.
Something about when pluto was added, and we ended up with a 'spare' server.

naimex
16-02-04, 22:26
Well, you are right, the most RP found on Uranus is the RP Killings.

But if someone starts it up or if I´m having an attack of the Looneys I tend to roleplay.

All it requires is a slight alternation to your personality and to take everything you know about the game, everything you´ve seen in the game in..

And then tell your tale.

But RP is useless if you are talking to people who have no faith or knowledge in the ways of RP.

Tratos
16-02-04, 22:30
thats the point of this thread Zanatos, well what you said in the latter part of your post, if you were ENCOURAGED i.e there was a reason for you to interact with players would you? thats all im asking.

~Tratos.

And Zanathos, why get rid of Uranus? pluto came along last and Venus doesnt even have one slot anymore. Please do not reply to that in this thread as it will become more derailed.

Azrael104
16-02-04, 22:33
Maybe because 90% of the Uranus population is busy being 1337/Raiding xyz (insert appropiate location here)/ Synchwhoring in PP1/whining about something in the effing trade channel(please add a spamm0r channel @ Devs)/etc.

While Neocron as such is geared toward pvp, there _IS_ a roleplayer element. Unfortunalty as you said, no one wants to Roleplay. Oh wait. They do. Its called "F6" RP. My Bad. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I personally would love some real Roleplay, so go ahead.

Kudos to ya for making an effort.;)

QuantumDelta
16-02-04, 22:37
Heya Az :p

-
T I've tried this...it just doesn't work...even if you get a responce from the core, it would take an active and HEAVY effort from clan leaders to get something like this to move, and, what's more, is that - that effort itself might make clan members want to leave the clan.
....Because they don't give a crap....

Since it might cost them members, clan leaders don't really want to do it...

sigh -_-
Last person I remember TRYING to do this, was Fang...

Heavyporker
16-02-04, 22:42
Mmmm... Uranus' a nice spot, seriously.. just tried it out with some new chars.

Believe me, I do my best to RP there, tee hee hee.

Just take pity when I stagger around and yell "Spare Change?!" ;)

QuantumDelta
16-02-04, 22:44
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Mmmm... Uranus' a nice spot, seriously.. just tried it out with some new chars.

Believe me, I do my best to RP there, tee hee hee.

Just take pity when I stagger around and yell "Spare Change?!" ;) Some 0/2 LEd tank was wandering around yesterday asking for cash for his family.
Gave him some money told him maybe he should look for a better employer if his current one doesn't pay very well (He was tangent I was FA :p)

Azrael104
16-02-04, 22:44
Omg....its QD:wtf:

Get your ass back on Uranus NOW!
:p

Topic:
Why would people leave their clan? I have some idea as to why, but id like to hear you side of it.

(Probably cause if they have to proper RP, theres less time to F6 RP:wtf: )

QuantumDelta
16-02-04, 22:49
Originally posted by Azrael104
Omg....its QD:wtf:

Get your ass back on Uranus NOW!
:p

Topic:
Why would people leave their clan? I have some idea as to why, but id like to hear you side of it.

(Probably cause if they have to proper RP, theres less time to F6 RP:wtf: ) Got it in one. :p
I don't know if I'll be coming back anytime soon... :/

Heavyporker
16-02-04, 22:54
naw, that wasn't me, QD.

oh,, and btw guys - its FUCKING MORE THAN POSSIBLE to level with combat vecs and pwn.

It simply rocks, being a HC PE. Baseball bat, then street model grenade launcher (I'm so accurate with this its scary), then combat chainbike, then combat hoverbike, then assault bike. I think 4x4 jeep's next unless a kind guy can give me his spare Reveller :D

Dribble Joy
16-02-04, 23:01
I RP in the sense that by in large I am neutral to almost everyone.
As a merc I am actually hired to do work, I have several contracts with TT and BT regarding OP fighting.

As to RP use in general, the problem is that it has little or no use, without dynamic politics/storyline and other player determined factor actually affecting gameplay.

Untill such time as when it affects the world around us in a positive way, people will not rp, as it currently is something of a hinderance.

Tratos
16-02-04, 23:32
the ball is in motion.

i am writing an event as we speak and with some help it shall be held in about 3 weeks.

but please keep responding to this thread the more RPs interested the more effort i will put into this.

~Tratos

KimmyG
16-02-04, 23:41
I dont know how anyone has fun with that ghetto low population. I mean saturn is way up there and I think it doesn't have a good ammount of people on.

Doc Holliday
17-02-04, 00:01
First off. Keep the saturn runners out this thread if they have nothing to contribute. i know 50 % of them that wont have anything constructive to say. the other 45% will try and get brain ache. that leaves the intelligent 5% who might add to the discussion. RP is difficult on the server. its that way on alot of servers. its degenerated in to a quake fest tho and if u really look hard enough u can see why.

We as a clan ( The regulators ) begun to rp. we ignored f6. we will fight openly with clans who are so called allies and we will ignore the so called enemy clans and make peace or even work together. thats not rp in a strict sense but alot can be gleaned from it in terms of stories backgrounds etc. eg why are ca willing to let the dragons operate in pp. why are the 2 clans somewhat friendly. hell if we could do it we would even peddle drugs properly. just means a shit load of junk collection or a good barter. its a start. if i come back soon from leave of abence i will try and get in touch with our fc and sort something or at least attempt to. the reason i took a breather was due to boredom. the roleplay thing would be nice. Still the attitude from alot of players on the server is red red shit shit attack. kill. or be killed........

Dribble knows all about the shit he got of the fellow merc clans when he agreed no aggression between 2 of the major bd clans at the time. they are red faction why are u allying with red factions. where does it honestly say bd and cm are specifically enemy. there could be grounds for feud somewheres if i look hard enough but they are 2 entitys on 2 seperate battlefields. the mercs are soldiers bd are thugs. if u really want to start some proper rp going T then u will need to speak to the major german clans first and make em agree to help out. otherwise theres gonna be a big ole mess as people start pking each other as usual at any events we seem to have had arranged in the last couple months. still i think there might be a little too much bad blood between certain clans to get em to stop. worth a shot.

and good luck with it.

doc.

Dribble Joy
17-02-04, 00:11
Originally posted by Doc Holliday
where does it honestly say bd and cm are specifically enemy.

One of the BD members defected. The BD were out to get him and the mercs offered protection if he worked for them.
This led to a resentment between the two factions.

Tbh, the whole thing is only there because the Mercs needed a second enemy.

Doc Holliday
17-02-04, 00:15
i stand corrected. still coulda picked another faction tho. or at least poss made the mercs neutral to all instead of proto.

roll on doy.

Dribble Joy
17-02-04, 00:19
It's odd, the mercs probably kill more pro CA members than they do anti CA :p Yet we are 'allied' to nearly all of them.

Would be nice if some of them were to change.
The current storyline sugests tension between the mercs and TT, and a feeling of closer links to FA.

Doc Holliday
17-02-04, 00:33
odd if tangent make merc weapons. ( and they do ) so it would mean a big overhaul for the weaponry merc skins etc. maybe they could have tech haven defence turrets at mb instead. or them laser beams vet talked about in his post about pokers a few days ago. :D :cool:

steweygrrr
17-02-04, 00:34
Last night did take the biscuit a bit on Uranus when a certain clan brought outside issues to an op war. Those issues could have waited until after the war which in itself was poor RPing on the part of the clan involved. Our last hacker was killed at the war because of said outside issue. The clan in question basically stopped us from taking the Op because when a PPU tried to rezz said murdered hacker he was attacked too.

This has caused a split in the faction and one of the larger clans is now switching faction because of this. The other main clan in the faction appears to want nothing to do with this clan either.

And they say the moving clan will bring the downfall of the faction. Looks like they have done fine all by themselves....:rolleyes:

Doc Holliday
17-02-04, 00:39
stewey can u pm me the details on that one? im just curious as to the issue at hand. i have a vested interest u might say.

steweygrrr
17-02-04, 01:00
done

KimmyG
17-02-04, 02:01
Originally posted by Doc Holliday
First off. Keep the saturn runners out this thread if they have nothing to contribute. i know 50 % of them that wont have anything constructive to say. the other 45% will try and get brain ache. that leaves the intelligent 5% who might add to the discussion. RP is difficult on the server. its that way on alot of servers. its degenerated in to a quake fest tho and if u really look hard enough u can see why.

First off. All comment on any thread I please.

Anyway how is it quake fest? Just cause no one lives a little fantasy land pretending that they are fighting for the rights of the citizens of neocron and are out to save them from lionel reeza thats just lame.

fatwreck
17-02-04, 02:51
Originally posted by KimmyG
Anyway how is it quake fest? Just cause no one lives a little fantasy land pretending that they are fighting for the rights of the citizens of neocron and are out to save them from lionel reeza thats just lame.

uhh... this is a fantasy land where people do live out lives fighting for or against lionel rezza. pvp is a very fun part of the game, but without a little RP, i'd have more fun playing ut2003, since there everything is equal and it comes down to more skill than i have more people than you. i like NC because you have to level up a guy, then get the best weapons, then find fights with enimies, you(I) make allies and enemies kinda by f6, but also more by who you interact with. i cant remeber a faction or clan ive been in yet that didnt have at least one red allied clan and somewhere along the line an enemy where SL became an issue after a few kills.

ezza
17-02-04, 03:01
Originally posted by fatwreck
i cant remeber a faction or clan ive been in yet that didnt have at least one red allied clan and somewhere along the line an enemy where SL became an issue after a few kills.

you title says cartel, yet you come out with that, we aint got a single red faction allie

fatwreck
17-02-04, 03:09
Originally posted by ezza
you title says cartel, yet you come out with that, we aint got a single red faction allie

ahh you see im the leader of cartel on uranus... the clan that was made back in may of 2003. i have no idea whats gonig on with cartel of saturn, there isno connection between us, and from what i've herd, and what ive seen from playing on saturn, we arnt too much alike other than we both are BD

KimmyG
17-02-04, 04:33
I dont know how you get that this is the most skill based game there is quake,UT and CS is who has the nice quick aim.

Be good in quake get the timeings of the quad and rocket launcher down and have nice quick aim. Fight is over in 1/2 a second.

CS who has that quick HS shot aim and is good at listening to foot steps quick fights.

UT never played much not the biggest fan but its just about the same idea.

Neocron you have to dedicate to lvl and get good equipment, then go and take some time to setup your characters resists and skills.

Fights here are based off of movement and aim and fights arn't done in 1 second you have to dodge and land hits and in some cases do this over a long period of time. I say that is alot move skill based than someone who has a luck shot or is a split second faster than there apponent.

I am in this to have some nice op fights and hit enjoy some nice pking moments.

Rieper
17-02-04, 04:51
Originally posted by QuantumDelta

-
T I've tried this...it just doesn't work...even if you get a responce from the core, it would take an active and HEAVY effort from clan leaders to get something like this to move, and, what's more, is that - that effort itself might make clan members want to leave the clan.

sigh -_-

what did he do?
sounds interesting :D

XanX
17-02-04, 09:40
Fang is always trying to do RP, but falls down cus their is not enough active FC's and people wanting to RP anymore.

But to be fair, NC is mainly about the PvP, and when you get bored, there isnt much else to do :/

So, off to venus :D

Not having any money sucks :/

Talismar
17-02-04, 10:14
Neocron has quite a bit in it that would allow for RP.

Unfortunately as most people have already pointed out, more then 75% of the people (that I've seen) seem to be more orientated to frag fests.

I can say that my wife and I (2 seperate accounts) do not expect to play Neocron for an extended period of time mostly due to the RP issue.

So I can say that yeah, we'd be interested in seeing more RP; an' yes we play on Uranus.

steweygrrr
17-02-04, 11:19
Originally posted by Rieper
what did he do?
sounds interesting :D

Reap, see SSC? Monsiuer Fang and the rest of FLUX almost fucked over our alliances and NAPs with you guys by delcaring you KoS for no apparent reason. And I as Faction Chairman for CA have taken great pains to unite the faction and we have done it many times. Its just the actions of certain clans that screw up our hard work.

Rieper
17-02-04, 11:46
yah, the city move was interesting... it did put pro NC back on the map.. but ssc wont let it stress the UK USA SSC nap/friendship...

steweygrrr
17-02-04, 11:50
Something may even make it stronger in the Future

juvestar15
17-02-04, 11:56
Originally posted by steweygrrr
Something may even make it stronger in the Future

That should be fun when the time comes.

Mr_Snow
17-02-04, 12:16
@Stewey keep in game stuff in game and we have our reasons for killing SSC and for being pissed at you.And change factions if you want it doesnt bother us one little bit, actually we find it amusing how childishly your taking it

@Xanx Opti and I will try sort out atleast some of our financial problems this afternoon.

@Juvestar Club come to venus you know you want to I have a move on for you and we can scab a PP from somebody.

@Ezza cartel on uranus was around way before cartel on venus just ask alig aka r1tchy(i think) on saturn.

@Kimmy saturn wouldnt know rp if it hit them in the face, the nearest thing to rp they know is avoiding sl hits.

@Quoth good luck trying to organise the event mate but unless you can get GM attention your kinda fucked and it will turn into a pk fest

juvestar15
17-02-04, 12:27
lol is that where all you guys are?

I gave everything to Reeza, move on, proto resistor, marine and all the guns. I'll come by and check soon.

Mr_Snow
17-02-04, 12:30
Originally posted by juvestar15
lol is that where all you guys are?

I gave everything to Reeza, move on, proto resistor, marine and all the guns. I'll come by and check soon.

We have atleast some of that stuff left but opti has a tank there now so could be using some of your stuff, I have atleast a move on for you and we could get the rest of the stuff easy enough, oh and Im trying to talk kublai into coming back.

juvestar15
17-02-04, 13:11
kub really likes SWG, i doubt he'll come back. :(

I gave all my stuff to Dark about 2 days ago, did you have a fight with him or something? :D

steweygrrr
17-02-04, 14:14
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
@Stewey keep in game stuff in game and we have our reasons for killing SSC and for being pissed at you.And change factions if you want it doesnt bother us one little bit, actually we find it amusing how childishly your taking it

Stop Whine.

How childish does that sound? Its the internet version of 'lalala im not listening because you just said something I don't wanna hear'.

We are changing for more than one reason. FLUX's moronic actions in splitting the faction which we (as a faction, dont mean the Rangers) have done so much to unite were just the catalyst. More than likely you will find our new HQ in the Canyon sectors but this has not been decided yet.

Oh yeah, anyone know why FLUX moved from BD? Cos they stirred shit up there too....

Tratos
17-02-04, 14:32
Rite al of you, take your clan bashings personal vendetas from my thread and bitch somwhere else i dont want this close due to you all bitching at each other, and why people who dont even play uranus are commenting baffels me, so if a mod kindly would, could you remove al the shit talk from this thread and reopen it

Cheers

~Tratos

Dribble Joy
17-02-04, 14:37
Oh yeah, anyone know why FLUX moved from BD? Cos they stirred shit up there too....

AFAIK, it was a move for RP and balance reasons believe it or not.

TJ's move to BD didn't help, they get along with virtually noone.

But I'll leave it to milksh@ke or fangers to explain.

steweygrrr
17-02-04, 14:41
Originally posted by Tratos
Rite al of you, take your clan bashings personal vendetas from my thread and bitch somwhere else i dont want this close due to you all bitching at each other, and why people who dont even play uranus are commenting baffels me, so if a mod kindly would, could you remove al the shit talk from this thread and reopen it

Cheers

~Tratos

I do apologise Tratos its just I'm greatly miffed that all of our hard work has been upset by the actions of one person.

juvestar15
17-02-04, 15:33

Ye i know why. Server balance. [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ] :rolleyes:

Stewie you are way out of your league. Rangers have been on Uranus from the start yes? You haven't held an OP for more than 1 hour, you never PvP, you are no threat. I have heard some funning things that involved Rangers, i never believed it though. One day though i witnessed it, funny as hell. Also, if a high ranking member has to resort to PKing in the aggie cellars just so he can get a kill is pathetic.

Please don't try and patronize us(FLUX), you talk as if you pwn the server. You look like an idiot when you do that, especially since you're from Rangers. Never in the time fighting CA(At least 6 months) did the clans i was in come accross Rangers or even consider them a threat.

Go ahead, join TG and help out SSC, it's not like you're going to gain any skills or credibility by doing it. Or OPs for that matter.

I find it funny that you talk so big.. :lol:

Dribble Joy
17-02-04, 15:35
Sometimes I think there is hope.... others... not so sure...

Tratos
look what did i say? take it somwhere else, just because your FLUX doesnt mean im gonna let you shit talk in a thread and no one else.

~Tratos

Rieper
SSC and rangers have been loosely allied since before FLUX came back.. Im glad that FLUX strengthened the city, and that Fang finally got round to doing that 6 months later :p they keep they're kos list.. slightly irritating, but if they want to fight SSC, so be it.. the bandwagon clans from BD took aboard a lot of SSC haters and i cant even be bothered to argue with em anymore.

Nidhogg
17-02-04, 15:36
Calm it down please.

N

juvestar15
17-02-04, 15:39
Rieper i doubt that was why they moved. It's more because they don't want to lose. There are very few people who are like that now. I'm glad you stayed in SSC too.

naimex
17-02-04, 15:49
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Calm it down please.

N

What he said. :rolleyes:

It´s a simple question, do you RP? / do you RP if encouraged?

Targets = Uranus.

stebedford
17-02-04, 16:15
Hmm yeah this is gettin out of control now, CALM DOWN ffs its a game!

I as leader of Rangers believe that FLUX will be the downfall of CA. Ive been speaking to doc holliday and he understands what my concerns are.

FYI Rangers have held ops for weeks in the past until the GLA comes along with 40+ players. Rangers have been CA since NC went retail, we are the longest lasting CA clan. True you may not see any Rangers ops atm but we have a little problem with hackers (especially when other CA fools kill other CA hackers).

So bitch about this all you want, I personally dont care, DM me or mail me ingame and bitch at me, like I said im leader of Rangers, im responsible for my clan.

People in rangers just want to have fun and a good time, its a little hard to do that when you guys provoke a civil war and start bitchin about other clans isnt it.

LTA
17-02-04, 16:20
SSC and rangers have been loosely allied since before FLUX came back.. Im glad that FLUX strengthened the city, and that Fang finally got round to doing that 6 months later :p they keep they're kos list.. slightly irritating, but if they want to fight SSC, so be it.. the bandwagon clans from BD took aboard a lot of SSC haters and i cant even be bothered to argue with em anymore.

Well technically your gonna be enemy to the city soon anyway, so allying with you etc is stupid as it will all bite the dust soon enough.

As for the rp, just upto the people, you can strive and strive but if the people dont wanna they aint gonna and remember only a few post here or read here.

Club - Heh they could of argued with me and done some bad stuff but what exactly.... i am a ds'd ppu who happens to hold nearly all the 700 odd rares in the clan pool and also holding your move on , resistor and marine fighting me would be silleh :p

Tratos
17-02-04, 16:21
o_O

Ok, stebedford you say calm down yet you then go on a rant.

People this isnt a clan bashing thread so take your clan bashings and personaly vendetas to another thread or pms, if you arnt commenting on the first post which is

[MODS please do not move this thread as it is not a roleplay thread OR an event thread, its basicly getting a view of what Uranus think]

Evening to you all.

Uranus is becoming boring for me of late due to the fact it is mostly PVP i am aware PVP is a great part of this game but it is also a RPG meaning there should be some roleplay, today i went over to Venus as ive heard it has alot of roleplayers on it and i found within a few seconds a few people actualy roleplaying and i dont mean PK RP, actualy playing out their characters lives, they were at a restauraunt and have a disscussion about each other i couldnt understand a great deal of it as i know very little french but i did think this was great.

So, would you the Uranus population begin to roleplay your characters lives if you were encouraged to, i.e somone began to talk to you about your factions history or began to shout propaganda in the streets of the Plaza. would this encourage you to roleplay? or if i could organise some events in which roleplaying was needed to complete it would you join in? even if the prize was nothing uber and important to your PVP life but it enriched your roleplay experience?

These are some questions i ask you the uranus population to answer, and if i get enough possitive results i will try and contact a GM/FC/FCA to organise some bigger events and make up some smaller events without their aid.

You may ask why im asking you this, its because i love to roleplay and it saddens me that my home server has a very non roleplay atmosphere, so please answer my questions to see if we can change this.

~Tratos.

All i wanna know is if people are encouraged will they do more roleplaying? :(

So please ALL of you FLUX non FLUX who ever you are take your offtopic posts elsewhere.

~Tratos

Darth Slayer
17-02-04, 16:22
Originally posted by QuantumDelta

-

sigh -_-

Edited out of respect for Tratos request for no flames.

Rieper
17-02-04, 16:26
Originally posted by LTA
Well technically your gonna be enemy to the city soon anyway, so allying with you etc is stupid as it will all bite the dust soon enough.

As for the rp, just upto the people, you can strive and strive but if the people dont wanna they aint gonna and remember only a few post here or read here.

Club - Heh they could of argued with me and done some bad stuff but what exactly.... i am a ds'd ppu who happens to hold nearly all the 700 odd rares in the clan pool and also holding your move on , resistor and marine fighting me would be silleh :p

hmm, this alliance is abotu 4 months old, DoY wont be out till July, IF it makes it out on time and in that time they may be able to change sides OR it might be that you dont know how the system works and we can be allied...

oh, and as for RP i spontaneously talk about my faction in p2... sometimes... people join in but dont often start it..

Darth Slayer
17-02-04, 16:32
Tratos If I can help with event in any small way let me know. Hell if any SSC can help we will, I'll make sure of it........:)

Rieper
17-02-04, 16:34
yeah, we did events before :) back when we held crest we had fightnight there.. and the bank event :D

angelsenior
17-02-04, 16:55
Hi guys,

first of all, I would join in RPing whenever possible,
Our clan (CM) even got a contract for security at a wedding last friday which was fun to do, and we are always on the lookout as mercs for more 'protection' contracts.

gamewise, too few elements are in the game to make RP viable but still, many options are left open;

-diplomatic talks for organising OP taking (better to have a battle arranged then hoping for someone to show up), also more talks faction wise about OP distribution/protection.

-this whole 'thing' everybody is talking about in this thread is just another RP possibility; organise a meeting about it with the concerned clans in a restaurant somewhere to talk it out.

-a bit more RP regarding economy (now everybody is poking/constructing/researching/bartering for everyone regardless of faction affiliation) this could be a bit more faction related (although I know that server population isnt high enough to make each faction more dependent regarding skills, we could try).

-more 'contracts' could be made between clans regarding the use of GR/sector for leveling controlled by enemy clans for a certain price (parts/money).

-thruce talks should be held more openly (ie in a public restaurant or something so that other runners passing by get a 'feel' of RP).

-A bit more player run events; Fang's weekly tournament is great, some vehicle races would be great too.

-clans should organise a test for potential new members before they are allowed to join the clan.

Missing game elements which would make RP more viable;
-chat channels should be more restricted (ie NC trading channel is only heard when you are inside NC city same goes for MB, TH, TG etc...) this would force players a bit to gather together rather then talk/follow trade from anywhere in the game.

-war declarations should have an effect gamewise (ie no SL loss regardless of factions for clans at war with each other).

-the different faction HQ's should sound a faction-wide alarm if they are raided to gather its members for defence.

-NC, MB, TH, TG should be under threat of attacks which could actually change the political situation so that players will stand up in defense more actively.

-more faction specific items which would force factions to trade with each other to obtain these items (this will be part of DOY i think :) ).

-it would be nice to have a possibility for players to make public announcements, beaming out of the speakers in Neocron City for everyone to hear.

All in all there are many RP possibilities out there which arent used (or underused) at the moment.
It is also up to us players to be more active in organising events where everyone can join in, instead of waiting for someone else to do it.

What about a real combat tournament?
each clan could organise a 'test of manhood' to point out a champion within the clan (he then gets a rank that says hes the clans champion);
this champion must then duel the champions of the other clans in his faction to become faction champion.
and lastly the faction champions duel it out to get the final NC champion, this could be done regularly to keep players active.

steweygrrr
17-02-04, 17:02
NExT held a great even at Blakkmist last Friday, Alex Starr the NExT FC even turned up...we got to take him on in 1 on 1 rhino combat ^_^.

It was basically a demolition derby wherebey we got 4 teams in the ring just outside Blakkmist. It WAS going to be 4 tounds before we found the turrets on the Trikes dont swive so you cant aiml and when you do fire you hit the driver :rolleyes:

It went down very well....big shouts to Dbrotherhood for gettinh that one going, hope it becomes a regular thing.

I have submitted an event request to Honeypot too as per the advice of Alex but I'm yet to hear anything back. Could Nid or someone give her a nudge about it? I sent her a forum PM with the idea in. And I think its a very RP type event.

Dribble Joy
17-02-04, 17:03
Originally posted by angelsenior
Hi guys,
-war declarations should have an effect gamewise (ie no SL loss regardless of factions for clans at war with each other).

AS makes his return :p

People have been screaming for the full implementation of clan wars since... ever.

L0KI
17-02-04, 17:15
Firstly, sorry Q, just a response that should clear a few things up, if u dont wanna read unrelated things, skip to the next set of "-----------" ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explanation to all shit aimed at me/FLUX:

1. I am not the leader of FLUX. FLUX works in a vaguely similar way to the SSC method. - Equality. A FLUX member makes a proposition... a Vote is cast. I am not solely responsible for any of the clans decisions/actions - Neither is Milk/Xan

2. The move to CA was triggered by problems within BD - People expecting us to drop sticks and help at their beckon call. Guess what? NOT GONNA HAPPEN - We do what WE want to do, and if it's convenient for us to help/we have the time to help, then we will.

2. @ Rangers
Whats happened with FLUX and Rangers? The only problem I've come across is the Rangers PPU helping out BD to fight us, nothing to do with SSC. [[Regarding SSC - Our reasons behind fighting them are the merging of SSC, and our ever present enemies, R2K - Even if they moved to CA we would remain enemies]].

- Note that I havent played on the Uranus server for 5 or 6 days as my account was hacked, so I genuinely dont know whats been going on... So I'd appreciate smarmy comments not being aimed at me. :rolleyes:

3. @ QD's comment.
Yes, he hit the nail on the head. I TRIED to role play, I tried to balance the server. I failed. Oh well! :D I had fun failing at least.

FLUX will not be the death of CA. We have done more RPing in the last week than ever before - and more than any other CA clan on the server. How many times as a TG was I asked politely to leave the city and told I was not welcome there?

...NEVER

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Topic:

@ Tratos/Q/everyone whom may have a problem with Tratos/Q :p

Tratos likes to RP as much as I like to RP, if not more. Tratos will do a LOT of good for the server, and tbh, he is getting my vote as the faction assistant - once i tell milky to take my name off as the clan rep, and stick Q on there :p

Tratos will do the server a lot of good, and you people should at the VERY LEAST, respect him a great deal for trying - its more than most do after all.

I personally will ensure smooth running of your event, and help you out in every way i can - Just gimme a shout on voice comms.

-Fang.

steweygrrr
17-02-04, 17:19
Originally posted by L0KI

2. The move to CA was triggered by problems within BD - People expecting us to drop sticks and help at their beckon call. Guess what? NOT GONNA HAPPEN - We do what WE want to do, and if it's convenient for us to help/we have the time to help, then we will.

2. @ Rangers
Whats happened with FLUX and Rangers? The only problem I've come across is the Rangers PPU helping out BD to fight us, nothing to do with SSC. [[Regarding SSC - Our reasons behind fighting them are the merging of SSC, and our ever present enemies, R2K - Even if they moved to CA we would remain enemies]].

- Note that I havent played on the Uranus server for 5 or 6 days as my account was hacked, so I genuinely dont know whats been going on... So I'd appreciate smarmy comments not being aimed at me. :rolleyes:

3. @ QD's comment.
Yes, he hit the nail on the head. I TRIED to role play, I tried to balance the server. I failed. Oh well! :D I had fun failing at least.

FLUX will not be the death of CA. We have done more RPing in the last week than ever before - and more than any other CA clan on the server. How many times as a TG was I asked politely to leave the city and told I was not welcome there?

...NEVER

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DM me mate I'll bring you up to speed as impartially as possible.

On an RP note I did like it how a lot of TG guys didn't get why they were KoS in P1. The most common excuse was 'But its Plaza!' to whic I replied 'Run round the corner and tell me what faction HQ is there. Would you want CA camped outside your HQ?'. And all I got back, besides abuse and being called a 'n00b' because everyone should be allowed in plaza was...'BUT ITS PLAZA!'

Doc Holliday
17-02-04, 17:33
angel did make some smart points and ideas. especially the fighting tournament one. sounds good. theres a lot of scope as stated but again it needs an almost server wide push to get it going on a grand scale. failing that it will be limited to a small core of rpers. as stated by stewi credit to dbrotherhood for the rp events i know dfox takes it very serious and alex the same. maybe if a couple people could be assisted a little more by the other FC's something will happen. who knows..........

on a side note and for curiosity more than anything else. fang what where the issues that kicked off within the faction? i logged in one night after about a week to 2 weeks idle and heard of the move but not why. just wanted to keep up to date on it all. pm me when u get a chance.

Rieper
17-02-04, 18:07
Flux started fighting SSC before the R2K merge. R2K still isnt merged, a lot of them left. The justification was a NAP except at op wars. Seems like milk/xan or whoever forgot this and when we helped out at an op war (i worked pretty hard to make sure FLUX and SSC didnt fight outside op wars) they declared us kos. Which was kinda sucky as i was relatively friendly with them and was looking forward to not fighting fang...

the R2K merge was because we often fought together (separate to the whole alliance thing) and shared common enemies..

XanX
17-02-04, 18:34
yeck

I h8 these post, always turns into flames....

But, anyway, I'm not a great poster so here goes.

FLUX, as in all flux (not just me or milky, milky didnt even want to move ;p) wanted a change, we had a serious set of issues with TJ, who were enemies before and then suddenly went BD. I liked being BD, but it seems that we were not welcome by some of the old skool BD members of the faction, and also we had a VERY big issue with some TJ.

All i can say about SSC, is that things seamed to work your way with the nap, not equally, so it couldnt work how you wanted, so it didnt. As your sig says, Simple.

I wanted to go back to city and had a RP story that went along with the move, as did our BD move aswell. Also, FLUX have never been one to look at our F6 and ONLY RP THAT. If we dont like somebody, there is a reason, our RP and enemy focus has never shifted cus of movement of faction. I dont believe that it should make a difference.

We still hold a NAP with Skulls and its held firm even after some conflict, but some other merc clans werent to happy with us still :/

I think that a server like Venus is very forward thinking and should not be thought of as idiots, if the anti-city factions are *going* to be allied, why not make it sooner. So I think that all anti city, in wotever format they be, be made anti-city as of now, like on Venus.

Errrr not trying to be hostile or abrasive, just getting my point accross. I am very happy with my clan and its members and would like to hope for a good relationship with Ronins, which we have held in the past. I think that the Rangers thing was partly to blame of a friends char being in the enemies clan.

I h8 the fact that people can have chars in other clans/factions, specially on a 4 char server, I could a char in every enemy clan and still have 4 chars for me if I wanted, but then that wouldnt be fair for me to spy on somebody.

BUT SORRY MR Q, hijacking again :-/

So, to be brief, this game needs a boost for RP work that is done outside the reuglar, shoot, shoot, shoot, reward, hack, system that is currently in the game.

If by RP means I could get an item imbued with something unusual, extra fir resist or sommat, then that would be a good move.

Angelsenior has made some very good points that could improve RP a lot, it just needs somebodies input. We need lupus to work on RP items and armor and stuff, after he has finished the Weapon reworks that he is currently working on. But we need more people to want these things.

And I'm done for now

Berlurgh

Dribble Joy
17-02-04, 18:49
Just for the record, the NAP that the skulls held with FLUX while in BD and the current one with the Regs, is not official, there has been no 'statement' or agreement at any point, just a general un written rule.

I would like to work with FLUX a bit more, Skulls originated from TT and the TechnoCratic order a year back, we still are close with our old friends the Ronins, unfortunately I'm not sure how my clan members would feel about working with them.
Perhaps our mutual hatred of TJ might overcome this.

Tratos
17-02-04, 20:11
Well today ive gotten a few locations sorted and have a few more members to add to the cast of my Event, still waiting on a reply from honeypot on the GM support tho, hopfuly they will help and my event will be alot better :D

~Tratos

And thanks for cooling it with the clan bashings

SorkZmok
17-02-04, 20:41

Evening to you all.

~Tratos.
Well i like to RP too, but most of my tries on uranus just didnt work. o_O
But i'd love to help out with the event, as i won't change to venus. Cant speak one word in french and i hate it not being able to talk to most of the ppl there. Although i started a monk...no free slot on uranus and i just want to try a ppu ;)

Uranus will still be my main server, i will try to do some more rp, lets see what we can do.

Jesterthegreat
17-02-04, 20:56
Originally posted by Zanathos

just get rid of uranus :rolleyes:

delete saturn

ass :rolleyes:

darknessfairy
17-02-04, 22:00
Originally posted by angelsenior
Hi guys,

first of all, I would join in RPing whenever possible,
Our clan (CM) even got a contract for security at a wedding last friday which was fun to do, and we are always on the lookout as mercs for more 'protection' contracts.

That was my wedding :)

I think that alot of people take the game too seriously sometimes, they take things personally,

RP is a good idea to an extent before people take it out of hand and start flaming.

If any one does want to organise and event and need GM help then email playerevents@neocron.com ... Thats who i emailed to sort out my wedding. Arbiter was wonderful :)

Celt
29-02-04, 22:15
Originally posted by Dribble Joy

I would like to work with FLUX a bit more, Skulls originated from TT and the TechnoCratic order a year back, we still are close with our old friends the Ronins, unfortunately I'm not sure how my clan members would feel about working with them.
Perhaps our mutual hatred of TJ might overcome this.
The good old days ^.^

Scorpion Riders -> Technocratic Order -> Skulls.

I left for ronins just before you went to skulls because TCO wasnt very pvp active :)

TEW + TCO + d5g were the TT clans, 3 active TT clans on uranus, with around 20 active members each :D

Darth Slayer
01-03-04, 20:11
Originally posted by Celt
The good old days ^.^

I left for ronins just before you went to skulls because TCO wasnt very pvp active :)

TEW + TCO + d5g were the TT clans, 3 active TT clans on uranus, with around 20 active members each :D
I'm sure Shadow Warriors a TT clan was around then but like TCO we where not very PVP active. My long term plan was to get everyone leveled and rare wpns but some people did'nt have enough patience to wait. Now I'm in SSC and get all the PVP I could wish for.....:eek:

Scorpius.

Dribble Joy
01-03-04, 20:14
This thread is OLD.

Didn't realise Celt was an old TCO member...

I only joined a few weeks after retail started, wasn't in the scorpion riders.

Most of the old crew are around.
Vaporisar, arial, SW, Pariah said ello during a break from EQ last week, Angelsenior.

Tratos
01-03-04, 20:15
wow it rises from the dead again :wtf:

~Tratos

Celt
01-03-04, 21:47
Originally posted by Darth Slayer
I'm sure Shadow Warriors a TT clan was around then but like TCO we where not very PVP active. My long term plan was to get everyone leveled and rare wpns but some people did'nt have enough patience to wait. Now I'm in SSC and get all the PVP I could wish for.....:eek:

Scorpius.
nop, SW came later :)

and SPL

Rieper
01-03-04, 21:52
Shades were around when Regs and TCO were about.. SPL was much later.. D5G had moved to PP by the time SPL were in their prime iirc...

Celt
01-03-04, 22:32
Shades were around when Regs and TCO were about.. SPL was much later.. D5G had moved to PP by the time SPL were in their prime iirc...
eh, the regs came from SW and shades...

Oath
01-03-04, 22:45
The good old days ^.^

I was kos to most of them at some point :D

Doc Holliday
02-03-04, 00:09
J i formed the regulators after leaving shades. shades was my 2nd tangent clan and my first proper one. Damn fine fun it was too. we broke for a better stab at pvp which at the time wasnt hi on scorps list. we were 2nd generation tangent around the time when spl went to crahn we took on some of their members. the ones who stayed tt. then shades broke up the rest followed and some sold out *stifled laughter* ( jus kidding ) to fa and the rest they say is history. ;)

edit and celt if im not mistaken u refer to sw and shades but we were the same clan......... hell im suprised we got a mention. ressurrect the thread. ressurrect the shades :p ( well try and get kreed away from SW(ank):G eh scorp )

L0KI
02-03-04, 00:29
I just made the mistake of logging into Uranus:

This is what happened...

Went to Cyc for the giggles with Kubla (Xan) and decided to hack level 1 of cyc op, just for a nice little fight with the 7 TJ online.

7 TJ turn up, 5 SSC, and a Tangent O.o to fight us - i died before i even finished the hack :D

Interesting, but that was our fault really for being silly :D

Then...

We go to MB, get outnumbered by 3:1, but again, no big deal, we won.

next...

I go to PP, to hopefully fight 2 or 3 people, only to be frozen, and have the guards punched and poison beamed, so they attack when im stuck in synch. Didnt die, again, luckily...

The point is, Uranus is stupid. Its beyond repair. No wonder its population is appaulingly low. I login to find out today that a NEXT clan has joined the nice big alliance with TG.

Its a shame. Its a server i started on over a year ago. The server i spent months capping 8 chars on, collecting every rare there was to collect. I would love to carry on playin there, but its FULL of HATRED.

Ill be on Venus. ;)

naimex
02-03-04, 00:41
I´m not a bad man :(

SorkZmok
02-03-04, 00:58
Originally posted by L0KI
Ill be on Venus. ;)
Make that SW:G for me. :mad:

Rieper
02-03-04, 01:07
Weren't Shades around at the same time as regs.. Regs split off and made a new clan while Shades still existed as i recall.. i remember talking to Ph34r when he was shades and Doc was regs...

and also TJ and SSC are still kos, but we are currently fighting over Cycrow, so you hacked at the wrong time as far as i can guess.. i'll have to speak to someone who was online to find out what was happened.. The TT was probably an alt.. and the other was an unfortunate coincidence... i dont see whats to complain about right now.. TJ holds the map by being super active and the alliance broke up a while ago, right now SSC fights alongside Rangers.. we havent been at an op war with either synchs or uTs in ages. I get the feeling you're finding it hard to handle not being as powerful as you were previously, because theres nothing to complain about. No big alliances, no incessant ninja hacking, a reduction in zerging... Right now the only reason for not holding ops is lack of numbers or lack of activity at certain times.

Dribble Joy
02-03-04, 01:09
Just wondering... who did you fight at MB? :p.

Celt
02-03-04, 01:29
I get the feeling you're finding it hard to handle not being as powerful as you were previously, because theres nothing to complain about. No big alliances, no incessant ninja hacking, a reduction in zerging... Right now the only reason for not holding ops is lack of numbers or lack of activity at certain times.
Keep the flames out of this thread.

If you still have a problem with SSC's success, no-one else still cares.

Rieper
02-03-04, 01:59
Keep the flames out of this thread.

If you still have a problem with SSC's success, no-one else still cares.

Thanks Mr. Mod.. but wheres the flame? Everyone knows that after you've been winning for ages and holding all the ops it sucks to be losing... as for the rest of my points, they're vaild. Trust you to come into a thread and try to start an argument.

Dribble Joy
02-03-04, 02:03
Yet again it is the personal rivalries of a few influential people that have brought our server to it's knees.
Can't we PLEASE keep this on a personal level without dragging the rest of us into it?

Tratos
02-03-04, 02:08
Hmm....

Mods close this its not even about the original post and i can see some clan bashings heading this way

~Tratos

Ran
02-03-04, 02:12
Closed at thread starter's request and because things were going downhill, although to some people's credit, it wasn't going downhill that fast... just eventually.

Rieper
02-03-04, 02:12
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Yet again it is the personal rivalries of a few influential people that have brought our server to it's knees.
Can't we PLEASE keep this on a personal level without dragging the rest of us into it?

Well said. Its lucky im neutral and have no personal bias. I think for only the good of the entire server. Thats why i think the server is in almost the best situation it has been for a long while and it sickens me to see people complaining. While BD might seem overpowered to some its because they contain 3 highly active clans. However note that many of their enemies hold ops, so they arent too overpowered. The city holds ops, anticity holds ops. Enemies within anticity factions both hold ops and their are no massive overpowering alliances. Op fights are usually balanced with most op fights i've been in recently being even fair fights where superior tactics won out (for instance TJ killed the SSC hacker at avenger, preventing layer 3 being hacked, they could all GR in after death via their apts and retrieving BPs where they would receive pokes and come back out, our side was picked off and we lost, but it was a fair fight)