PDA

View Full Version : NERF TEH DEV!!!!111111etcetc....

ghandisfury
16-02-04, 21:54
I have 65 in Poison resist, 65 in fire resist and a heavy poison belt on........ (unbuffed)

DEV OWNS ME. So in escence I have over 100 Poison resist and 100 fire resist......DEV needs a serious nerf. At least 10% probably more.

Sorry Mods, please make this a poll. Yes/no.

Nash_Brigham
16-02-04, 21:54
Dev is too pwoerful, cause it realyl doesn't need to be aimed, jsut fired in general location.

dmon99
16-02-04, 22:00
the dev does not really need a nerf i have around 140 - 200 in fire at anygiven time and about 49 in poison and the dev is still irritating in close combat fights..........but hey, its supposed to be

it should be powerful to make up for its lack of range

Nash_Brigham
16-02-04, 22:01
Yes, it should be powerful, but not kill your target before he can do two things powerful. I mean goddamn, that is way to fricken powreful.

Gotterdammerung
16-02-04, 22:06
can't add a poll once the threads started, i could edit one if it was already there though

ghandisfury
16-02-04, 22:07
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
can't add a poll once the threads started, i could edit one if it was already there though

Mind if I start a new thread and you can delete this one?

ghandisfury
16-02-04, 22:13
I have 65 in Poison resist, 65 in fire resist and a heavy poison belt on........ (unbuffed)

DEV OWNS ME. So in escence I have over 100 Poison resist and 100 fire resist......DEV needs a serious nerf. At least 10% probably more.

Zanathos
16-02-04, 22:15
I havent had much experience with Devourers.

I cant really say anything about them.

ghandisfury
16-02-04, 22:16
Mods, please close or merge this thread with Nerf the dev POLL.

Kthxby

Mumblyfish
16-02-04, 22:16
Nah. Dev's fine, if you get hit by it you're practically kissing the tank, and as such really should die.

ZoneVortex
16-02-04, 22:17
yeah last night i was pp fighting on saturn ...

i had inq 4 helmet
viperking
whatever belt
duranium 4 pants
heavy inq boots

i had haz 3 on

that takes me to like...100 POR and....
200 fire somewhere along there

Dev still just tears me apart even with holy shelter on

Gotterdammerung
16-02-04, 22:18
open the new one and I'll merge it

J. Folsom
16-02-04, 22:19
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
open the new one and I'll merge it I think he wants it merged with this one. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91122)

Delete this post after you merged it though. Cheers.

ServeX
16-02-04, 22:19
so finally tanks get a decent heavy weapon, and that means they should get nerfed? no.

Shadow Dancer
16-02-04, 22:20
yes it's too powerful atm. It needs to be toned down.

Invertigo
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
yeah last night i was pp fighting on saturn ...

i had inq 4 helmet
viperking
whatever belt
duranium 4 pants
heavy inq boots

i had haz 3 on

that takes me to like...100 POR and....
200 fire somewhere along there

Dev still just tears me apart even with holy shelter on

yea, that but they still died:D

(<---- vert)

ZoneVortex
Originally posted by ServeX
so finally tanks get a decent heavy weapon, and that means they should get nerfed? no.

yeah since the CS does like no damage at all

doombeamer is all tanks need...delete everything else!

Originally posted by Invertigo
yea, that but they still died:D

(<---- vert)

haha yeah they did...

wuddup Vert :D

Zanathos
this so called decent tank weapon does massive damage.

its range should be around 10.... 15 meters, which i dont think its at.

ServeX
16-02-04, 22:21
no. dont nerf the devourer.

Nash_Brigham
16-02-04, 22:22
no. dont nerf the devourer. Yes, nerf the dev.

naimex
16-02-04, 22:23
Originally posted by Zanathos
this so called decent tank weapon does massive damage.

its range should be around 10.... 15 meters, which i dont think its at.

nope its not.. its 9 m.... (at least last i checked)

it´s not that bad.. a cs tank can kill a dev tank without dying from stacks..

wearing PvP armor on own buffs..

theres nothing wrong with dev...

Kal
16-02-04, 22:27
Originally posted by naimex

Yeah, cause CS is massively overpowered atm too.....

ghandisfury
16-02-04, 22:37
nope its not.. its 9 m.... (at least last i checked)

Not with lag....

Dev either needs an ROF nerf or a damage nerf. OR shelter/deflector needs to protect against poison. With anipoison and cat sanctum running DEV will still outdamage *any* weapon in the game (and I have great resists). It needs to be toned down, alot....and soon.

Lifewaster
16-02-04, 22:39
I think Dev is fine as it is, but if other classes are finding it too hard well maybe this is an option:

Dont nerf its damage, but maybe , decrease its clip size , that will use reloading time as an effective "rof " reducer.

Good dev users could then still have say 2 or 3 shots available if they dont waste them, but less skilled users wouldnt find it so easy, if they blow 2 shots on misses they will only get one left before a significant reload delay or something etc.

Just a maybe, I've no clue what the clip size actually is atm.

Psycho Killa
16-02-04, 22:39
With poisin resist out my ass on my ppu dev hurts tons more then the higher tl Cs.

Any weapon for that matter it hurts almostb as much as prenerf holy lightning for crying out fucking loud.

naimex
16-02-04, 22:40
w0tever.. I would personally rather fight a Dev tank than an :

apu
cs tank
hybrid
pistol or rifle pe...

naimex
16-02-04, 22:42
Originally posted by Lifewaster
I think Dev is fine as it is, but if other classes are finding it too hard well maybe this is an option:

Dont nerf its damage, but maybe , decrease its clip size , that will use reloading time as an effective "rof " reducer.

Good dev users could then still have say 2 or 3 shots available if they dont waste them, but less skilled users wouldnt find it so easy, if they blow 2 shots on misses they will only get one left before a significant reload delay or something etc.

30.. i think its 30..

however all plasma waves only have clip size of 15..

even the ravager is semi useless when you have to reload every 5 shots.

So wanna take a hit at DEV.. do it in clipsize.. then no one will use it..

[EDIT : Double post sorry]

ghandisfury
16-02-04, 23:16
So wanna take a hit at DEV.. do it in clipsize.. then no one will use it..

Yes they will. It outdamages pretty much any_other_weapon in the game. I don't care how they nerf it, I just care that they do. Clip size, ROF, or damage.....any one of them would do.

I don't want a massive nerf for a great weapon. I want a small nerf for an overpowered one.

SorkZmok
17-02-04, 03:46
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Nah. Dev's fine, if you get hit by it you're practically kissing the tank, and as such really should die. So youre either a droner, a rifle spy or another dev tank. o_O

Most combat is close combat. The Dev definately is too strong. Way too strong actually.

NERF IT. Seriously!

mehirc
17-02-04, 03:49
It got boosted with the last patch, set it back to prepatch and it will be fine.

Rieper
17-02-04, 04:55
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

Strych9
17-02-04, 05:44
Originally posted by Rieper
[edited for consistency]So whats the answer then? You call everyone a dumb fuck and then give them advice that will cause the tanks to bitch? WTF.

Ozambabbaz
17-02-04, 05:58
Originally posted by mehirc
It got boosted with the last patch, set it back to prepatch and it will be fine.

word, unintentional select weapon boost contributes to this, it'll be more balanced next patch, i hope.

and i do like tanks getting another close-up toy *looks for double barrel shottie*

juvestar15
17-02-04, 06:06
I don't think it needs a nerf. I haven't got one, but i've fought against plenty of people with one, i didn't find it that good.

Going off the topic here. I think the problem is other classes don't have poison attacks except APUs. I think there should be Weapons and Armor for every damage type. Would certainly mix things up(setups, etc...).

Bl1nd
17-02-04, 06:07
u idiots stop the nerf threads

tanks are supposed to outdamage in close combat any class

we cant run with a dev or cs we get REALLY slowed down

u stupid ppl dont get tanks use CANNONS BIG WEAPONS and pistols are small a fucking pistol or rifle cant do same damage than a tank

is just about tactic if a guy have a dev then get some range and hit him dont get close dumbass

god.... KK STOP NERFING AND LISTENING TO ANY IDIOT THAT POST A THREAD ON THE FORUMS FOR GOD SAKE

ServeX
17-02-04, 06:32
Originally posted by Lifewaster

HELLO! Glad to meet you. Maybe you aren't familar with flamethrowers in real life having a shooting capacity that generally lasts several minutes of continuous non-stop fire.

http://assall.de/movie-prop/aliens/a2_63.jpg

huge ass clip isn't it?

8|

thought so

Vid Gamer
17-02-04, 06:38
pwned

Drake6k
17-02-04, 06:41
That's a prop from aliens ;)

ghandisfury
17-02-04, 06:49
Originally posted by Bl1nd
god.... KK STOP NERFING AND LISTENING TO ANY IDIOT THAT POST A THREAD ON THE FORUMS FOR GOD SAKE

OH shit I'm sorry. This thread must have made this tank feel bad.....How about this......Let's call this thread a "balance" thread.

KK, while you're at "balancing" the DEV, please attempt to "balance" PPUs as well. There, now the kid isn't alone with the nerfing...happy? If not, go ahead and throw another tantrum.:rolleyes:

Mr Friendly
17-02-04, 07:34

welcome to the struggle us monks have been gettin

Varaem
17-02-04, 08:14
HELLO! Glad to meet you. Maybe you aren't familar with flamethrowers in real life having a shooting capacity that generally lasts several minutes of continuous non-stop fire.

http://assall.de/movie-prop/aliens/a2_63.jpg

huge ass clip isn't it?

8|

thought so

Ya, prop from the movie Aliens. it actually did work I heard, but it lasted something like 2 seconds of continuous fire.

Often the inherent weaknesses of the M1's and M1A1's were a source of considerable trouble to the troops who used them. Alike in basic design, these models had two major components, a fuel unit and a gun unit. The fuel unit, which was strapped to the operator's back, consisted of two storage tanks for fuel and one for compressed nitrogen. The nitrogen propelled the fuel from the storage tanks, through the gun unit, onto the target. The gun unit included a fuel tube, a long bent nozzle, a trigger, and a valve to regulate the flow of fuel. The compact electrical system included a battery, spark plug, and a small hydrogen cylinder. When the trigger was pressed, a stream of hydrogen was released, the spark plug ignited the hydrogen, and the resultant flame in turn ignited the fuel as it passed through the gun unit. The complete flame thrower weighed thirty-two pounds empty and seventy pounds filled. Since it held only 5 gallons of fuel, its duration of fire was a mere eight to ten seconds. The M1 had a range of 15 to 20 yards while the M1A1, using fuel thickened with napalm, was capable of firing 40 to 50 yards.14
-Source Army.mil (http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/books/wwii/chemsincmbt/ch14.htm)

5 gallon tank running dry in 8-10 seconds, but a 1/2 gallon tank running dry in .. how long did you say? Several minutes? gg Serve.

Edit: more quoting fun...

The 43d Chemical Laboratory also found that this flame unit, with a fuel capacity of 200 gallons, a firing time of 74 seconds, and a maximum range of over 100 yards, was too bulky and heavy for installation in tanks.
-Source Army.mil (http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/books/wwii/chemsincmbt/ch15.htm)

200 gallon tank running dry in 74 seconds? Last I checked, 74 seconds was less than several minutes, and that movie prop didn't quite look like 200 gallons to me...

juvestar15
17-02-04, 08:59
Who is gonna post pwnd? :D

Morris
17-02-04, 09:01
Either the Dev needs a tweak, or our options for getting balanced (not uber, just balanced) resists need to be enhanced a tad. And before anyone says "you just want tanks to be an underclass blah blah blah" -- lately I've been playing a tank as my main class. The CS happens to be a great weapon, but most flavor-of-the-month'ers cba to use it when they have a great crutch like the Dev to lean on.

I will admit that it was nice to be able to flatten some formerly smug PPUs with ease, though.

Originally posted by SorkZmok
So youre either a droner, a rifle spy or another dev tank.

Considering how much he bangs on about how great pistol kami spies are, I think he's just a sucker for punishment :p

I can deal with a Dev tank 1 on 1 with my tank just fine, although tanks who can't even touch me when they're using a CS suddenly start hitting a lot until I break their legs. On my spy it's a whole different story... tanks who I could easily beat without my shelter running can suddenly whip out the Dev when it looks like they're going to lose and roast me. I've got 115 fire resist on my spy and I'm working on trying to fit in some poison, but with the severely limited armor options I don't think it's going to make any significant difference o_O

Sure you can keep your distance, but the layout of the field of battle for 99.99999% of the pvp in this game (OPs, PP, NF) means that range BY NECESSITY is measured in feet and not in yards. The only real exception to this rule is the non-LoS attack capability of the APU.

KramerTheWeird
17-02-04, 09:07
Flamethrowers were first used in world war 1 to flush out entrenched enemies. However usually anyone approaching to a trench with a heavy dual chamber 5 gallon tank that prevented them from running never got there. In world war 2 they had limited use and were more of a terror weapon to get people out of bunkers. Pacific and Europe theaters saw use of them. South Korea saw no notable use, and Vietnam used airstrike napalm instead. A flamer unit would generally be 2 people with one carrying an extra tank and acted as spotter. They were prone to breakdown and clogging and could be very dangerous if not operating correctly. Their very limited range also made it very dangerous for the flamethrower user so they were only a last resort type thing and even then most preferred pistols and smg's for close range fights.

Don't nerf devourer! Some tanks will be helpless and reroll into an apu. It's not like any tank can fight with a CS or use a moonstriker or speedgun. Btw ghandisfury, your resists aren't good enough to say devourer is overpowered. Having a little more por as well as a lot more fire will definitly help.

•Super|\|ova•
17-02-04, 09:07

That's what I thought also. I mean if they wont nerf alot of other classes weapons then don't touch the dev either. But if you want to change dev then fix APU dmg for instance also. I mean I know ppl haven't whined about it for a long time but still it's waaaaayyyy more damaging than dev... at least for me.

KramerTheWeird
17-02-04, 09:12
Hello? CS has dominated the battlefield just as long as HL. It's not like tanks weren't used and didn't have a function in op battles before the dev, they're just more popular now. A tank has two excellent short range weapons, two long range AoE weapons, and now even long range single target weapons.

All weapons are going through testing phases. Devourer will likely be reduced.

Varaem
17-02-04, 09:29
Oh ya, forgot my opinion incase no one noticed... I vote nerf teh dev! Any weapon that fires fast, is super easy to aim, low enough tl to cap easilly, decent range (about as far as effective range for pistols... notice the word effective, not maximum), and out damages mostly every weapon in the game deserves a hard whack from a nerf bat.

eLcHi
17-02-04, 09:51
Devourer is just fine ...

At least it does almost no damage to me :)

95 Poison Resist and about a total of 170 fire armor ...

One Dev-Salve does about 30-40 damage to me ... including stacks

In opfight with Shelter i can stand two dev-tanks for several seconds

Don´t whine, SKILL YOUR CON ACCORDINGLY ! ffs :)

Original monk
17-02-04, 09:57
i have about 65 poison and a littlebit fireresist and i have no problems at all with devs .. yust ... DONT stand still and stay out of reach ... and you have no problems at all :)

and even if i get serieus stacks then it aint that bad ...

Nash_Brigham
17-02-04, 09:58
Originally posted by eLcHi
Devourer is just fine ...

At least it does almost no damage to me :)

95 Poison Resist and about a total of 170 fire armor ...

One Dev-Salve does about 30-40 damage to me ... including stacks

In opfight with Shelter i can stand two dev-tanks for several seconds

Don´t whine, SKILL YOUR CON ACCORDINGLY ! ffs :) Some of us don't have unlimited con resources, dumbass.

KramerTheWeird
17-02-04, 10:03
Yes he is very fortunate to be able to get resists like that however many classes can't.

Also, compare it to CS. 7 TL's lower, lowtech, yet in most situations can deal more damage and be more effective. I never see people using CS's anymore to take down ppu's.

Gohei
17-02-04, 10:05
Maybe could be toned down a little.

But if your stupid enuff to stand still while having a dev blown at you, you deserve to die. Dev is probably the hardest gun to aim with atm. With a range of 10m, and your crappy speed with a cannon pulled out, you wont be able to hit a target thats running away from you in a million years imo.

Varaem
17-02-04, 10:05
Then again, I only see tanks use CSs when they want to be "fair" to other classes... that or they don't have a Dev yet.

Varaem
17-02-04, 10:06
Um.. dev is one of the EASIEST guns to aim in the game. You sure you've used a flame thrower before?

KramerTheWeird
17-02-04, 10:07
Yes vari.. I have heard tanks say "I refuse to use Devourer outside of op fights it's not fair to others". And when I skirmish with some using CS, if they have a dev they will always switch to it after I deal enough damage to them.

Varaem
17-02-04, 10:09
ya... most tanks do that... so like in NF, they drop their dev so they won't be tempted...

And ... something about standing still near a dev tank? Ok, i'm a pistol pe right now.... I HAVE to be close to aim at anything. I do anything but stand still, and so far tanks I can easilly beat using a cs can now hit me a lot using a dev.

•Super|\|ova•
17-02-04, 10:13
Originally posted by Nash_Brigham
Some of us don't have unlimited con resources, dumbass.

If you mean you are an APU then get over it; you can do at least the same amount of damage at least as fast and easier... I mean monks don't have reticle.

And some don't seem to know but you really have to aim with dev. You can always try to hit someone with fully open reticle if you want... I can assure you wont hit anyone :rolleyes:

SynC_187
17-02-04, 10:42
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
That's what I thought also. I mean if they wont nerf alot of other classes weapons then don't touch the dev either. But if you want to change dev then fix APU dmg for instance also. I mean I know ppl haven't whined about it for a long time but still it's waaaaayyyy more damaging than dev... at least for me.

hmm

My PE takes about 23 damage from a HL with own buffs. Thats over 20 shot to kill me. I take a lot more from a dev.

Varaem
17-02-04, 10:45
i think supernova just doesnt want his favorite toy nerfed. HL was nerfed at the same time as CS and Dev were upgraded... it doesn't need to be nerfed MORE.

Shadow Dancer
17-02-04, 10:46

NO apu weapons need a nerf. HL has already been mega nerfed. And don't give me that BS about Hl doing "wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" more damage than a dev.

Unbelievable. o_O

Originally posted by Nash_Brigham
Some of us don't have unlimited con resources, dumbass.

:lol:

Gohei
17-02-04, 10:46
A pistoleros reticle will allways close, unless the target is like 100m away. While the devourer tank reticle will remain open, unless the target is less then 10m away.

Get in the 10m zone and you will get hurt, stay out of the 10m range and you wont get hurt. Pistols does have range, not much, but still more then a dev tank. And you can still run at full speed with a weapon pulled.

The GenTank is supposed to do damage at close range imo, thats what they do. And why should anyone use a CS on PPUs ? All types of damage the CS can deliver are covered by the shelter.

gostly
17-02-04, 11:04
OMG NERF TEH ABILITY TO SAY NERF...plzzzzzzzzzzz

it's fuckin annoying hearing nerf this and nerf that...and in this case...leave the dev alone

steweygrrr
17-02-04, 11:32
errm the Devs only powerful if you are stupid enough to get caught within 10 metres of it. Outside that range the devtank is yours for the owning.

Rieper
17-02-04, 11:53
if you die to a dev then you're the fool, because you dont know how to fight. In pp if you cant stealth and use range then dont fight. This is so unsubtle.. all this is is "my class isnt the uberest, nerf the others till it is"

the point of a devourer tank is up close and personal fighting, any further and we cant kill anything. especially in an anarchy zone we're fucked.. if warzones had beltdrops it would be interesting as well.

oh and serve, are you using REAL LIFE to argue about something IN A CYBERPUNK GAME?

you telling me 400 years in the future they wont have advanced the fuel? Or that it works for gameplay? only idiots use RL to compare to ingame items.

ghandisfury
17-02-04, 15:13
This is so unsubtle.. all this is is "my class isnt the uberest, nerf the others till it is"

I would assume you mean my class the PPU/APU/SPI/PE/TANK? My buddie just started a tank, and I will assist him with his setup and fighting. Do I want the tank nerfed? NO. I do want an overpowered weapon brought into scale. I have played all classes except tank to cap.....and I give input on overpowered stuff as well as underpowered. If you remember I was one of the major advocates of stamina/runspeed boost on heavy weapons users. And maybe you don't remember that I am (and will be till it's fixed) a major advocate of bringing the PPU into line (My favorite character). I want the game to be as balanced as possible.....DEV is overpowered.

Rieper
17-02-04, 15:20
its not overpowered, you clearly just suck at pvp. I can see no other explanation. Im a pistol pe on pluto, and when i see a dev tank in pp, i run like fuck, only a retarded pe would try to fight a tank 1v1 in a space as small as that. Now say we're at jeriko, im gonna use range, im gonna duck behind buildings and barrels, im gonna strafe, and im probably gonna win if he doesnt have a CS.. and if he does have a CS then its a fair fight.

ezza
17-02-04, 15:22
i think they should give POB the ability to have poison damage so they can then say nerf the melee tank, thats one thread i await to see

ghandisfury
17-02-04, 15:32
its not overpowered, you clearly just suck at pvp.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes...I suck. You see people like you instantly think I got owned once by this gun now I'm taking it out of the forums. In reality I know *exactly* how to fight a DEV tank.....that doesn't make it "not overpowered".

Im a pistol pe on pluto, and when i see a dev tank in pp, i run like fuck, only a retarded pe would try to fight a tank 1v1 in a space as small as that.

I would fight him and probably win.....not even that makes the gun "not overpowered".

Fawkes
17-02-04, 15:41
its not overpowered, you clearly just suck at pvp. I can see no other explanation. Im a pistol pe on pluto, and when i see a dev tank in pp, i run like fuck, only a retarded pe would try to fight a tank 1v1 in a space as small as that. Now say we're at jeriko, im gonna use range, im gonna duck behind buildings and barrels, im gonna strafe, and im probably gonna win if he doesnt have a CS.. and if he does have a CS then its a fair fight.

These "blame yourself, not the weapon" posts are getting real old. And what's funny is you're saying we suck while you're the one who's trying so hard to avoid close range fights with tanks. So YOU obviously suck, can't dodge right or can't aim well.

Rieper
17-02-04, 15:44
so you're a pe who can 1v1 a dev tank in a small space? well then you're better than me. Im not good with pes, never claimed to be, but if you're so great and can beat them 1on1... you said you probably would, WHY NERF IT? The reason its the way it is is because you're fucked by anyone who uses range.

this is all the result of people not winning in fights and straight to the forums to bitch and whine about the fact that they dont win all the time. sickens me.

Strych9
17-02-04, 15:50
so you're a pe who can 1v1 a dev tank in a small space? well then you're better than me. Im not good with pes, never claimed to be, but if you're so great and can beat them 1on1... you said you probably would, WHY NERF IT?Seems a lot of people like yourself just cant understand the fact that game balance is NOT based on what YOU can do or not do in the game.

Rieper
17-02-04, 15:53
Originally posted by Strych9
Seems a lot of people like yourself just cant understand the fact that game balance is NOT based on what YOU can do or not do in the game.

Exactly, this entire thread is redundant. Just because you cant or can beat a dev tank in pp, it is balanced by having great dmg that drops off past 10 metres.

Ozambabbaz
17-02-04, 15:57
learn to love, not hate (http://www.gaylordinternational.com/)

Strych9
17-02-04, 15:59
Exactly, this entire thread is redundant. Just because you cant or can beat a dev tank in pp, it is balanced by having great dmg that drops off past 10 metres. No. The poster is NOT saying that because they cant beat a Dev tank that they are overpowered. They are saying they CAN beat one but they think its overpowered. YOU are the one saying that if you can beat one it must be balanced.

The point is that what you personally can or cant beat does not dictate balance.

Rieper
17-02-04, 16:01
no, im saying its balanced because of the lack of dmg past 10metres.. and its most powerful at point blank. THATS WHY ITS BALANCED. COMPRENDES!?

Fawkes
17-02-04, 16:02
You clearly can't tell the difference between losing a fair fight to losing a fight due to imbalance issues. Do you see threads with people asking to nerf other weapons? No. By your logic there should be many thread like those because people die to them everyday. On a side note, I do think there are some weapons that need to be nerfed but that's beside the point. This isn't the first thread opened about the Dev problem. Something is crearly wrong, and you, being a tank, are so blinded because you take advantage of the problem and enjoy it.

The range problem doesn't solve this IMO. You can't fight a dev tank without getting hit just a little even if you're running away (while not being able to shoot because you can't run backwards), then shooting at him, then running again and so forth. Dunno about you, but that's enough to take me down or make me run away. Even those few hits when the tank is near me are so powerful, it's fuckin crazy. And not to mention the dev tank doesn't need to have his reticle fully closed in order to hit... just like the Blacksun.

t0tt3
17-02-04, 16:40
atm a Dev > HL 2.5 times

nerf the dev :(

deac
17-02-04, 16:58
Originally posted by t0tt3
atm a Dev > HL 2.5 times

and thats just not right.... a dev tank kills a apu in what? 2-3 shots? and how many hls does a apu need to land 10-20?

Infact im betting one full pool of mana (390) on my apu wont kill a tank...

•Super|\|ova•
17-02-04, 17:00
It's DAMN hard to hit the opponent with a Dev if he's running all the time. Not mention if he runs in randomly and not in same circle all the time ofcourse :rolleyes: Aaaaaand not to mention the Dev is the most difficult weapon for a tank to hit his opponent with. The reticle only closes if you're aiming while crouching on the opponents skin.

t0tt3
17-02-04, 18:06
It's DAMN hard to hit the opponent with a Dev if he's running all the time. Not mention if he runs in randomly and not in same circle all the time ofcourse :rolleyes: Aaaaaand not to mention the Dev is the most difficult weapon for a tank to hit his opponent with. The reticle only closes if you're aiming while crouching on the opponents skin.

Hit him once and he will freeze lag and then the other 2 - 3 shots aint hard is it ? =)

What deac says is right but I wouldnt drop a tank in 2 - 3 hl shots then I would be nerf do obolivion :D

BUT I know that I cant kill a APU unbuffed with 2 - 3 shots and thats a fact! It takes more then 6 - 7 shots to kill them atm.

I tried to PvP a PE terminator last night on the event.
Well I got 6 FA:s on him and still he had over 180 HP left O_o
Dunno but that aint fun :D

ghandisfury
17-02-04, 21:13

That's because you *have* to stack FA for it to be effective. 4 or 5 shots with FA (in succession) will drop most all PEs.

ghandisfury
17-02-04, 21:33
Originally posted by Fawkes
These "blame yourself, not the weapon" posts are getting real old. And what's funny is you're saying we suck while you're the one who's trying so hard to avoid close range fights with tanks. So YOU obviously suck, can't dodge right or can't aim well.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. When I come to the boards and say "PPUs are to powerfull and need to be toned down" I get "DUDE OMG IF YOU CAN'\T KILL A CLAN THAT HAS 30 PPUS THEN YOU SUCKE END NED TO QUITE!!". When I come to the boards and say "stealth needs some sort of time delay or something needs to be able to scout stealthers" I get "DUDE OMG IF YOU CANT KIL A STELTHER THEN YOU NEED SOME SKILZ!! JUST USE GOOD TECTICS!!!". When I come to the board and say "that a weapon is too powerfull...I've beeten people using it, I've tested it's damage over time, and I've given my honest unbiassed oppinion" I get "DUDE GET SOME SKILZ YOU OBIOUSLY DON NO HOW TO PVP!!.....

*sigh* I get tired of the "get some skills" excuse coming from hybrids, PPUs, and now finally the DEV tanks. YOU people that are using an overpowered weapons/characters and don't have the descency to admit it need to get some skills.

Ghandi.

Edit: Double post. my appologies.

Psycho Killa
17-02-04, 21:38
My gun instagibs peoplke at 10m but i cant kill anyone past then so its balanced right?

No it doesnt work that way im sorry.

Omg its usless past 10m so its should pwn........

Melee should be the best at close range not dev.

Mumblyfish
17-02-04, 21:41
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Melee should be the best at close range not dev.

No, melee should have the lowest damage output. Melee users can practically dance around their target. Agility and vitality is their biggest pro, not sheer strength.

Nash_Brigham
17-02-04, 21:42
Originally posted by ghandisfury
This is exactly what I'm talking about. When I come to the boards and say "PPUs are to powerfull and need to be toned down" I get "DUDE OMG IF YOU CAN'\T KILL A CLAN THAT HAS 30 PPUS THEN YOU SUCKE END NED TO QUITE!!". When I come to the boards and say "stealth needs some sort of time delay or something needs to be able to scout stealthers" I get "DUDE OMG IF YOU CANT KIL A STELTHER THEN YOU NEED SOME SKILZ!! JUST USE GOOD TECTICS!!!". When I come to the board and say "that a weapon is too powerfull...I've beeten people using it, I've tested it's damage over time, and I've given my honest unbiassed oppinion" I get "DUDE GET SOME SKILZ YOU OBIOUSLY DON NO HOW TO PVP!!.....

*sigh* I get tired of the "get some skills" excuse coming from hybrids, PPUs, and now finally the DEV tanks. YOU people that are using an overpowered weapons/characters and don't have the descency to admit it need to get some skills.

Ghandi.

Edit: Double post. my appologies. Unfortunately, those same ppl will continue to rant and rave, cause they think they are the best of the best because KK made a messup in the files and a weapon got turned into an almost unstoppable killing machine. Nothings more pathetic than watching two tanks running at each other with dev's. It will boil down to who has the best PPU strapped to their prosterior. And nothing is more frustrating than being shot up and killed in three shots by a dev before you can truly react.

I mean seriously, after the first volley hits me, my first reaction is instictively to look, and find where it's coming from, then by that time, I've been hit by the second volley, and by the time I get moving and trying to either avoid the third or get out of range, teh third volley has hit me, and I am down and out.

Devourer = no skill

Psycho Killa
17-02-04, 21:43
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
No, melee should have the lowest damage output. Melee users can practically dance around their target. Agility and vitality is their biggest pro, not sheer strength.

The person who ONLY can compete in close range combat should have the lowest damage? HAH

And devourer should pwn up close while they get moonstrikers cursed souls and all this other shit?

Bullshit.

deac
17-02-04, 21:48

lol that was me stupid.... and i would say you landed max 5

greploco
17-02-04, 21:58
Dev is too pwoerful, cause it realyl doesn't need to be aimed, jsut fired in general location.

no, flamethrowers do indeed have to be aimed

and dev power is all about range, up close a full blast can hit you like a 120 grim, true.

everyone forgets what the world was like before the devourer.

ppus were unstopable and so were the apus and tanks who were buffed by ppus.

I don't want to go back to that world.

the dev is powerful, but it's not the world --- check out the opfight movie that was recently posted, it's like a 20min movie -- very cool.

ppus are still totally central and you can see that the tank in the movie certainly does not kill everyone with his dev. he manages to kill a buffed apu monk and in the process has to go running back to his ppu cause his health is seriously hit.

Nash_Brigham
17-02-04, 22:02
Originally posted by greploco
no, flamethrowers do indeed have to be aimed

and dev power is all about range, up close a full blast can hit you like a 120 grim, true.

the dev is powerful, but it's not the world --- check out the opfight movie that was recently posted, it's like a 20min movie -- very cool.

ppus are still totally central and you can see that the tank in the movie certainly does not kill everyone with his dev. he manages to kill a buffed apu monk and in the process has to go running back to his ppu cause his health is seriously hit. Oh, PPU's are powerful, and I would love to see them nerfed into oblivion. I watched a PPU kill a Grim Persecutor with a baseball bat a few weeks ago :wtf: However, this act is not balancing act agains the PPU, it is just an overpowered act, because the majority of ppl PPU's are found strapped to are the tanks.

Bl1nd
17-02-04, 23:18
frigging nibs say is easy to aim with a dev and i beet they dont have one and havent used one

the dev range is crappy and ur really slowed with it......

as said before flame thrower is mainly used to scare people outta small places like a bunker

that means if u see a frigging thing throwing fire like crazy get some range dumbass and attack from range

but no, spies and apus in this wanna fight 1 vs 1 close combat with a dev, idiots.....

Invertigo
17-02-04, 23:25
i think dev is to strong, but only if you get alot of stacks on...

ill put 60 con points into poisin, viper king, and then a haz 3, and still get wasted it seams... sometimes even with a holy shelter on...

i dunno it just seems too strong, even if the range is shit on it, it doesnt matter because of the lag time anyways... to me it shows a tank 100 feet away, but to him hes 5 feet infront of me toasting my ass..im like wtf! then drop dead...

so...nerf dev...just a lil bit though.

Shadow Dancer
17-02-04, 23:30
Originally posted by Invertigo

i dunno it just seems too strong, even if the range is shit on it, it doesnt matter because of the lag time anyways... to me it shows a tank 100 feet away, but to him hes 5 feet infront of me toasting my ass..im like wtf! then drop dead...

EXACTLY. Not to mention most combat ends up close range.

El Barto
18-02-04, 04:28
Well u suck then, dev is perfect, poison does nothing, ur better off wearin a fire belt, u have over 100 poison =O I have 50 ad the poison does nothing n00b. Devs are easy to take out, its just like monk aiming so its easy to aim you would think, but its lsows u down a hell of alot, ITS NOT OVER POWERED, ffs, how can u not kill some oen with a dev.

Psycho Killa
18-02-04, 04:51
I took out a dev tank yesterday with a swiss army knife so they suck.

Dont Mess
18-02-04, 04:55
STFU NOOB ITS FINE GET SOME PVP SKILLS

Psycho Killa
18-02-04, 04:58
What if you have ppu skills and they still toast u before you can even finish zoning?

I have skills but unless your in the wastelands its impossible. Even then all they do is put there weapon around chase you and shoot then shoot you.

Dont Mess
18-02-04, 05:02
i got a tank 2 shoot me with his dev on my ppu he unleashed atleast 3 full clips on me my healh wen 493 to 483 to 493. devs arnt hard 2 outheal.

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 05:02
NERF TEH DEV!!!!111111etcetc....

word.

it does more damage than holy lightning
does more damage than a CS
does more damage then a TL 115 slasher
does more damage than a fucking grim chaser

does more damage in the same amount of time than any other weapon BY FAR and you can't set resists against it

it even kills me faster than a rare kamikaze drone set off in front of my face as fast as the droner next to me can fire them off

Psycho Killa
18-02-04, 05:07
What are you.... nm YOUR A PPU.

I have a ppu also and I laugh my ass off at devs whats your point try not bein god mode for a second and watch how a pe goes down in 3 bursts.

Varaem
18-02-04, 05:08
Originally posted by ghandisfury

Ghandi.

Seyla.

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 05:10
Originally posted by Varaem
Seyla.

what the heck does that mean

Varaem
18-02-04, 05:15
alternate spelling of Selah, a word used to conclude a verse in the Psalms. It has to do with a pause for contemplation... it's an agreement to put it simply.

suler
18-02-04, 07:29
There is an easy way to tell when something is unbalanced, when everybody in the game starts using that class or gun it is obviously overpowered duhhhh.

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 07:34
Originally posted by suler
There is an easy way to tell when something is unbalanced, when everybody in the game starts using that class or gun it is obviously overpowered duhhhh.

worrrrrd

sorta like the flashlight and the baseball bat :p

greploco
18-02-04, 11:31
Oh, PPU's are powerful, and I would love to see them nerfed into oblivion. I watched a PPU kill a Grim Persecutor with a baseball bat a few weeks ago

ppus can protect to a huge degree, grims aren't the be all and end all of the server. there are yreps, doy units, and MC5 - a ppu who tries to face one of those down with a baseball bat is a dead ppu.

However, this act is not balancing act agains the PPU, it is just an overpowered act, because the majority of ppl PPU's are found strapped to are the tanks.

if you have a ppu / apu or ppu / tank team rushing you when you are unprepared and they are fully buffed - with heals already cast. you are pretty much screwed. it's just the game. if someone in the distance is approaching you with a mean looking setup either run or prepare to probably die.

naimex
18-02-04, 11:37
I have never (except to test it in NF) and will never (except using it to test in NF) brought/bring the DEV into a fight.

Why?? : Simply.. It sucks ASS.

!!! CS ALL THE WAY !!! (except AOE and Baby Blue(my TPC))

Gohei
18-02-04, 14:58
At OP fights i bring my Dev and Rav anytime, no question 'bout that. The Rav is kickas for killing rooftop monks and snipers. At small encounters with enemies, a CS can be more fun tho.

naimex
18-02-04, 15:35
Originally posted by Gohei
At OP fights i bring my Dev and Rav anytime, no question 'bout that. The Rav is kickas for killing rooftop monks and snipers. At small encounters with enemies, a CS can be more fun tho.

Only thing i dislike about plasma waves, including the rav.. is the 15 ammo clip /3 per burst.. 5 shots reload..

takes more time to reload than to fire those 5 shots..

Eledhbrant
18-02-04, 16:48
IMO dev is overpowered also, and i dont know if i was bugged or what but on my ppu I seem to get random damage from it, sometimes Im getting hit and getting ripped up by it, sometimes its taking away next to no HP :wtf:

And as for Dont Mess - You ran away from my solo tank with his dev on your ppu so stfu.

Clownst0pper
18-02-04, 16:58
Some of us don't have unlimited con resources, dumbass

Your wanting it nerfed because your class doesnt have the ability to stretch its con resists out?

OK, all your views are now invalid as you are once again, like the rest of your posts, talking shit.

Here is the roundup on a devourer.

Its range is stupidly short
Its difficult to aim with as the reticle hardly ever closes
A good PE who doesnt just strafe in a circle can hammer a devourer tank no problem
Those of you who have yet to learn that, just because you have a pistol I must bum my enemies deserve to die to it

Sorry but unless im parashocked/DMG boosted, I have no trouble killing devourer tanks (On my tank) Keep your distance, and dont just strafe in circles and you'll be fine.

But then again Ive been PVPing for over a year and it sounds that 99% of this community has zero PVP skill :rolleyes:

ghandisfury
18-02-04, 17:20
Originally posted by greploco

Yes, I'ld much wrather be in a world where tanks are overpoweredo_O .

Originally posted by Dont Mess
i got a tank 2 shoot me with his dev on my ppu he unleashed atleast 3 full clips on me my healh wen 493 to 483 to 493. devs arnt hard 2 outheal.

Please *attempt* not to lie. And if you're going to lie, at least *try* to make it believable.

Originally posted by Clownst0pper
But then again Ive been PVPing for over a year and it sounds that 99% of this community has zero PVP skill :rolleyes:

Typical argument. Just because 70% of the server says it's overpowered means that they are no good at PvP:rolleyes: . I will give you the fact that 70% of the server can't aim. (parashock anybody?)...I never said I couldn't kill a DEV tank. I never said that they were this godly thing that never lost. I'm saying that the DEV is overpowered whether I beat him or not. Hybrids were overpowered whether I beat them or not. PPUs are overpowered whether I kill them or not.......etc...etc.

Varaem
19-02-04, 05:53
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Your wanting it nerfed because your class doesnt have the ability to stretch its con resists out?

OK, all your views are now invalid as you are once again, like the rest of your posts, talking shit.

Here is the roundup on a devourer.

Its range is stupidly short
Its difficult to aim with as the reticle hardly ever closes
A good PE who doesnt just strafe in a circle can hammer a devourer tank no problem
Those of you who have yet to learn that, just because you have a pistol I must bum my enemies deserve to die to it

Sorry but unless im parashocked/DMG boosted, I have no trouble killing devourer tanks (On my tank) Keep your distance, and dont just strafe in circles and you'll be fine.

Yes, tanks killing tanks is easy. Just like the argument of monks killing monks means its balanced. Skill has nothing to do with making something that's overpowered balanced.

Most fights take place within the range of a dev, so its range being short is moot. Even with a fully open recticle, 2 out of the 4 shots hit and it still hurts a lot more than anything else.

A good pe who doesnt just run in circles can hammer a dev tank? I've seen some of the best PEs in the game get easilly killed by devourers, because the simple fact is that it's OVERPOWERED.

ServeX
19-02-04, 06:53
Originally posted by Eledhbrant
And as for Dont Mess - You ran away from my solo tank with his dev on your ppu so stfu.

uh...I don't think I've ever seen dont mess run from a fight man, but that's just from the little I've seen.

FatDogg
19-02-04, 09:13
Originally posted by dmon99
it should be powerful to make up for its lack of range

So melee is supposed to be like one hit kill right? right? *cough* anyone....

SorkZmok
19-02-04, 09:35
Originally posted by Varaem
Yes, tanks killing tanks is easy. Just like the argument of monks killing monks means its balanced. Skill has nothing to do with making something that's overpowered balanced.

Most fights take place within the range of a dev, so its range being short is moot. Even with a fully open recticle, 2 out of the 4 shots hit and it still hurts a lot more than anything else.

A good pe who doesnt just run in circles can hammer a dev tank? I've seen some of the best PEs in the game get easilly killed by devourers, because the simple fact is that it's OVERPOWERED.
AMEN MY FRIEND!

Thats exactly what i think.

Clownst0pper
19-02-04, 09:47
As a pistol PE its hard, As a rifle one it certainly is not :confused:

QuantumDelta
19-02-04, 09:53
Here's something I found while toying with my friends tank;

Tank vs PE;

Immediate Range - Dev wins.
PE next fight backs off out of Dev Range... - puts him in PERFECT Range to be hit with the classic old "Haha CS aiming pwns so I'm going to hit you with EVERY SINGLE Burst"
PE loses, never stands a chance.

Tank vs APU;
Same Story except the APU can afford to backoff much further (okay not miles, but a significantly different distance than combat effective range vs rifles or pistols) sometimes this can work to the APUs advantage, but since, at the moment HL doesn't pack the punch it used to a good tank will tend to win in any given situation regardless of who he is against as long as skills are equal and it's 1on1.

Spy..?
Pfft.
PPU? Depends on the PPU quite greatly, I doubt Dev could touch my "before Dev Patch" setup let alone my after Dev patch setup...
Never got to test it though ¬.¬

Varaem
19-02-04, 10:10
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Tank vs PE;

Immediate Range - Dev wins.
PE next fight backs off out of Dev Range... - puts him in PERFECT Range to be hit with the classic old "Haha CS aiming pwns so I'm going to hit you with EVERY SINGLE Burst"
PE loses, never stands a chance.

*dies laughing*
That's so true it's funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:
But it's sad too. :mad: :mad: :mad:

And isn't melee range longer than 9m(dev range) now? I noticed that melee hits super far...

Edit: I was just thinking... since flame throwers are the same size and used in the same way as rifles (as opposed to cannons/missile launchers/grenades), shouldn't they be RC instead? I bet all the tanks would be crying "NERF TEH DEV" if PEs could use it and not them. :rolleyes:

Nightbrother
19-02-04, 10:17
Originally posted by QuantumDelta

Spy..?
Pfft.

I differ very regarding spies being able to bring down a tank. A good spy will make life utterly miserable for even a very good tank. Even seen it with my own eyes I have. So I'd suggest that we up the 'Pfft.' to at least a 'Hmmm..' ? :)

KramerTheWeird
19-02-04, 13:32
The argument about it being harder to aim is flawed. As a melee user I know how hard I am to be hit, which makes it extremely ironic that I will be fighting a tank using speedgun or CS and they eventually turn and stick with Devourer against me. Wouldn't it be the opposite, having them switch to a more accurate weapon? It may be slower to aim as I've used a flamethrower before but even at a large open reticle I can get stacks on someone. This type of aiming is very similar to raygun style where it seems to only matter you have your crosshair over the target to deliver a hit.

Clownst0pper
19-02-04, 13:35
This type of aiming is very similar to raygun style where it seems to only matter you have your crosshair over the target to deliver a hit.

Tend to agree.

MrRudi
19-02-04, 15:03
Dev isn't overpowered. Its dmg might be high but its range is pathetic.

Babes
19-02-04, 15:58
The Dev is fine. Leave it alone.

KK has a great Idea and gives tanks a Devourer (10m Short range) powerful weapon. Easy to dodge and keep distance. The problem is the people who die from it not the weapon.

There’s Tanks on the battle field (where they belong) and monks are dropping like a bag of hammers. Looks like KK wiped the smirk off there arrogant monkey faces. Well CRY ME A RIVER…The tank is a threat on the battle field once again.

….end of my little Rant.

Here we go again. Rolls in an OP battle

1) Long Range artillery : Tanks with Moon/Mal – Used to hit
the Outpost from long range and disperse the enemy, and give the enemy PPU’s something to keep there minds Occupied. (healing there team mates)

2) Medium Range Artillery : APU’s – Heavy cover Fire and Power to Hit Hard Targets (Turrets) and Barrel Large Areas.

3) Short Range Fighting : PE’s and Tanks with CS/DEV/DG Like stormtroopers on the front line

4) SPY’s : Hacking / Drivers / Harassment Fighters / SPYING on enemy OP and Counting # of Enemy and composition

5) PPU’s Primary Role Medics - Also can Drive / hacker / Implant.

In theory … if Short Fighters ( The tank with a Devourer or CS in this example) Reaches the Medium Range artillery APU’s or the PPU’s (Rally point / Medic Station) your battle Line has been broken.
Your have lost the advantage of Distance and you will die. Your short range fighters Lost/Are Crap or you didn’t bring any or enough of them *Cough*Monk-o-Cron Clan*Cough* to hold the line.

I don’t what to hear about you jacking off in PP and losing to a Dev tank or Neofrag or how much damage your mate can do to you with 1 zillion poison skill points in your apartment. Or any 1 on 1 Class v Class Bullshit.

Your taking the weapon out of the context of the battlefield and using scenarios to fit your argument. All that matters is how everything finally knits together and performs in an Outpost Fight – THE END GAME.

The DEV hurts and its range is Crap -It’s balanced, its perfect for the job it was designed to do. Let People get used to the Devourer ..let the new weapon settle in before you all hit it with a nerf hammer…tanks have been nerfed for over a year.

You kill the devourer you’ll kill the tank from the battle field just when they started to return.

KramerTheWeird
19-02-04, 16:16
Uhm you are putting your own scenario in context (op fights), so don't say we can't use our own. I in fact prefer to look at the large scale; op fights, duels, pepper park skrimishes, wasteland ambushes, hunting. In all fields the devourer has become the end all choice. What is used to kill a ppu now more than ever? I do see antibuffs yes but even without an antibuff a ppu is "devourered" by the devourer. No other weapon outside of a rhino cannon can do this, and a dev is definitly more versatile. It doesn't have the range, well that's ok a tank can use a CS or speedgat at farther distances, or a ravager if he's not even in the ballpark. What are other classes' close range alternatives? Are they nearly as effective as a dev?

Most determined victories are placed within close range. It's always been like this and most likely will always be like this because of the netcode. Sure people can snipe very well and provide support fire but long range weaponry can be easily avoided if you use cover and intelligence. At close range there is little place to run and once someone closes in on you it's very difficult to get out of range. Even with a damn vehicle it's hard to distance yourself in order to take advantage of your weapon's range. Stealth helps that sure and a smart stealther can get away from many situations but it's only a matter of time they're closed in or their weapon is useless due to the opponent finding cover.

t0tt3
20-02-04, 00:36
Well KramerTheWeird doesnt APU:s have rare barrels that owns anything at close range :rolleyes: :p

I mean RoF of 33 "will bring me down because I need to stand still to get it right"

and only about 130 in mana "thats like 2½ with a decent pool + dmg" O_o

Oooh forgot only way to use a barrel are vs UG

So you are pretty much right and like allways if you hit with a Dev the target will lag freeze and you wont be abel to run away....

;)

Kikyo
20-02-04, 00:52
you wanna hear me opinion? i think ghandi whines too much...

ghandisfury
20-02-04, 02:10
Originally posted by Kikyo
you wanna hear me opinion? i think ghandi whines too much...

Extreamly well thought out argument. "my oppinion is ghandi wines therefore the DEV isn't overpowered". WELL!!! I'm sure the entire server would agree with this logic.

This thread isn't for oppinions, it's for facts (or what you think might be facts;) )....let's keep oppinions out of this shall we?

Besides, it looks like 66% of the server agrees with me.

-FN-
20-02-04, 02:17
#1) ghandi, I'm sure you mean opinions <3

#2) Two dev tanks can take down a healing, fully buffed APU which kinda sucks, and I've seen even a PPU get downed at times.

#3) A weapon in the game shouldn't require me to buy a new video card because when I'm fighting it my FPS drop :p Can we get a smoke/fire option in the video settings so some of us with our lowly GF3Ti500s and Athlon 2100+s not sink to a lowly 20fps in DEV fights :lol: (mostly sarcastic, but the option would be nice ;))

#4) Unlike barrels, you can't kill yourself with a DEV :p

Varaem
20-02-04, 04:37
In theory long range fights should be viable. But alas, tis not so. Clipping range changes from person to person depending on computer. At longer ranges, it's hard to get a lock on people and keep it. For AoE weapons, they can see it a mile away and just step aside. At medium range, tanks get CSs. Yay. No, monks don't have barrels at medium range, as barrel range is super short. Beams have bad range too. Short range.. Dev. So why do tanks have the option to use 3 diff guns for 3 diff ranges, at each range owning all other guns? Other classes get... 1-2 weapons total.

SigmaDraconis
20-02-04, 04:56
this is fun ^^

well ill start out by saying.. ive had many encounters with dev recently most as a PPU, yes i have an HC Tank but he was just rolled a few days ago and cant use Dev yet.. sooo..

as a PPU you can EASILY stand still and outheal a capped damage Dev..if you cant..dont blame the dev.. blame your crap CON/spells. (i even managed to do this using a spirit belt instead of fire/poison)

as a PPU you can just barely keep up with 2 capped Devs with a good setup and half decent dodging skills.

boosting your poison resists into insanely high numbers will never save you from a dev ;)

on a TPC weiling,65 CON tank i can fare rather well against a dev tank..... theres secrets to beating a dev..none of them exploits or anythingose for that matter....

a possible tip.. that i myself havnt tried yet woudl be the antidote drugs.. dunno if they will work against dev tho.

the BIGGEST problem i have with Dev..and any stack weapons for that matter.. is the order inwhich the stacks are applied to the side of your screen.. FOR GODS SAKE KK make buffs remain at the bottom of the stack, and let fire/poison add to the top...this is half of what kills a PPU and theres really nothing he can do to stop it

Sputnik
20-02-04, 13:12
damn, just use anti poison sanc oder cath sanc and devs no prob if ya with ppu, if not hey tanks SHOULD be killers! ^^

Cruzbroker
20-02-04, 14:19
apus still own in op fights.. they got antibuffs.. :rolleyes:

ghandisfury
20-02-04, 15:06
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
a possible tip.. that i myself havnt tried yet woudl be the antidote drugs.. dunno if they will work against dev tho.

Tried it, doesn't work. The stacks are to fast for drugs to be effective. Anti-poison sanctum + cat sanctum *helps a bit*, but unless you're looking for a change you won't see one.

Originally posted by Sputnik
damn, just use anti poison sanc oder cath sanc and devs no prob if ya with ppu, if not hey tanks SHOULD be killers! ^^

Ahhhhhh, silly me. I'll just have my APU/TANK/PE/SPIE put up antipoison:p . Besides even running both cat and antipoison there is very little change on the stack damage.

I never said that tanks shouldn't be killers. Infact, I think they should be one of the most proficiant killers. Even THAT doesn't make the DEV balanced. With a 10% nerf OR increasing the poison stack time the DEV should be (imo) pretty well sorted.