PDA

View Full Version : hiring mercs

Rith
16-02-04, 20:44
I'm terminally bored at the moment. Been trying to get back to basics to actually enjoy this game again.

Open question - aimed mostly at small/medium sized clans really:

What would you pay for Merc support?

At present I'm thinking 10k per * for an OP fight, then 100k/day to keep the OP for you.

So 10 ** mercs turning up to help you at your OP fight costs you 200k and you get an OP at the end of the day (all going well ofc)... then you pay 700k/week for mercs to help you keep it.

Too high? Not the right formulae?

As I said I'm only really interested in helping smaller clans / factions - absolutely not interetsed in larger clans for 2 reasons: 1 you don't need us and 2 its same boring shit as we're doing now.

I personally think it would be nice to fragment the map a litte [talking saturn here with its lovely 3 colour map].

Marx
16-02-04, 20:49
I hire people to kill people.

It's funny.

Don't mind me, just felt I'd add that lil' bit of nothing to the thread.

:D

Rith
16-02-04, 20:50
Originally posted by Marx
I hire people to kill people.

It's funny.

Don't mind me, just felt I'd add that lil' bit of nothing to the thread.

:D

lol, its a fair point... though in an RP sense I'd have thought BD would be best placed to corner the assasination market.

we've done some security for KK events - but whilst thats entertaining its not enough work to refocus a clan with 200 chars and around 30 active members on

darknessfairy
16-02-04, 20:50
I hired the mercs at my wedding, it was a very nice thought knowing that people are there to be security while you have a nice time

Dribble Joy
16-02-04, 20:52
Originally posted by darknessfairy
I hired the mercs at my wedding, it was a very nice thought knowing that people are there to be security while you have a nice time

It's a pity that when there was a problem with a droner, we shot the wrong spy. :p

40$Poser
what happens if the mercs fail to do there job, do you refund the money to the paying faction/clan? :D

lol, it's an idea, but might not just pan out Rith.

"I hate mercs, I own them 10 at a time, they have no skillz (for Vet)"

At least you admit you guys get owned... lol

Zanathos
The Mirror-Shades clan on pluto does something like this :)

Marx
16-02-04, 20:53
If you guys were on Pluto, I'd hire you to take an OP for me.

*shrug*

VetteroX
16-02-04, 20:59
lol, I like the last option. Im sorry there are a very small minority of mercs who are pretty good but the vast majority arent tough. Before you sell any type of product or servise it has to be worth buying... and its just flat out truth man... we can set it up ingame if you want, 1 merc vs 1 BD member on avg the bd member will win, 10 mercs vs 10 cartel, bd wins again... most bd members spend thier time pvping non stop, so obveously would be better then people who dont.

Rith
16-02-04, 21:00
Originally posted by 40$Poser
what happens if the mercs fail to do there job, do you refund the money to the paying faction/clan? :D

lol, it's an idea, but might not just pan out Rith.

"I hate mercs, I own them 10 at a time, they have no skillz (for Vet)"

At least you admit you guys get owned... lol

i think the upfront OP take money 10k per * isn't refundable,

the protection money for an OP definitely is

Vet's beaten me in a fair 1 on1, hell he beat a few of our guys in fair 1 on 1s - he's very good, but he also gets beat by some of our good PvP'ers (Hayabusa certainly took him out in a fair 1 on 1 and I'd say RUFFUS, instinct, ulx or chosen one would give him a good run too)

Psycho Killa
16-02-04, 21:10
Megaman and psycho killa are available for all assasinations on pluto server.

/end self promotion.

VetteroX
16-02-04, 21:12
i beat ruffus 3-0... chosen one ive beaten many times beaten instinct many times too. hayabusa beat e once, had about 5 hp, then ran off... if he had beaten me best out of 3, then id say ok time for more practice on my tank, but he on once with an empty health bar then ran off.... I gave all your guys rematch after rematch, I found it quite lame that he left. Ill fight him again if hes around.

LTA
16-02-04, 21:13
It's a pity in some cases sl gets in the way of some factions actual ideals....
how can people hire mercs when they may just say no... we'll lose sl killing him, the only reason they should say no is cuz its like 1 of the few (very few) allies they have... the rest should be neutral and neutral should not lose you Soul Light maybe just fs..... but even that i think is to much.

Dribble Joy
16-02-04, 21:18
Originally posted by LTA
It's a pity in some cases sl gets in the way of some factions actual ideals....
how can people hire mercs when they may just say no... we'll lose sl killing him, the only reason they should say no is cuz its like 1 of the few (very few) allies they have... the rest should be neutral and neutral should not lose you Soul Light maybe just fs..... but even that i think is to much.

Get rid of SL.
Bring back faction loyalties.
Make it so when you hire a merc/anyone, when the dirty deed is done, YOU get the faction symp hit, not the merc.

Rith
16-02-04, 21:18
Originally posted by VetteroX
i beat ruffus 3-0... chosen one ive beaten many times beaten instinct many times too. hayabusa beat e once, had about 5 hp, then ran off... if he had beaten me best out of 3, then id say ok time for more practice on my tank, but he on once with an empty health bar then ran off.... I gave all your guys rematch after rematch, I found it quite lame that he left. Ill fight him again if hes around.

sure - next time your in the vicinity let me know... i imagine there's a few people up for a duel

a 10 v 10 fight would be an interesting proposition too... most OP fights tend to be unbalanced one way or another

Sefran
16-02-04, 22:43
This starts as ego tripping again, surpise suprise vet just be silent for once with ur owning this and this who cares tbh?

Anyway back on topic i find it a good idea to be able to rent mercs for some op warefar in RP way. Since some medium clans wont ever have any chance against high clans this could bring some variety into the map wich is ALWAYS nice (3 coleurs that cover 3 huge area's in map hm....:/)

Altough ppl would start to flame merc ''u lamer why u help them etc...'' Seen this before a while ago where merc been rented last months never seen such thing again, some change would be cool.

ezza
16-02-04, 22:50
if i wasnt a anti merc dude, then maybe i would hire you guys, but its like is the payment to you guys worth what i get from it, its pointless hiring you guys say to take a op, ok you come take it for us fair enough, but them when you guys and the clan who paid hard money to do are also off line, some fucker ninjas the thing, so tbh in something like that i dont think there would be any point in hiring you guys.

dont get me wrong some of you mercs are a good bunch, fighting and other wise, but i wouldnt hire you guys if i was neutral.

another problem is that ok say i was in a small tangent clan, i hire you guys to take a FA op(yeah yeah i know its fictional ok), then the FA guys put you on KOS as well, so you never get to be the mercs for hire "its just business" thing really cos the other clan would take it personal.

i know i proberby would throw you guys on KOS if i was the FA clan getting fucked over in my example

Heavyporker
16-02-04, 22:58
FUCK no to taking SL/symp hits for hiring ppl

The point of hiring ppl is so you don't take the hits yourself or the work either.

I'd probably be more than willing to hire you guys if the boni outweighted the bad. One thing is that I don't think that OPs really pay out enough cash to cover that 100k a day thing on their own... but then again, the OP bonuses and GR rights would be where it'd be all about,, so....

Dribble Joy
16-02-04, 23:06
Originally posted by ezza
so you never get to be the mercs for hire "its just business" thing really cos the other clan would take it personal.

This is one of my biggest peeves in NC.

Way too many people take things way too seriously, and more importantly, don't go after the individuals involved but the clan that the person(s) belonged to.

cRazy2003
17-02-04, 02:12
Were in CA on pluto and we do combat and merc hiring to :p

40$Poser
17-02-04, 02:32
would there be a subfee profit to the other factions/clans you would require to keep the op? Seeing as though the Mercs have to always call in other factions and throw everything including the kitchen sink to have a shot at retaining outposts.

Dribble Joy
17-02-04, 02:34
Originally posted by 40$Poser
Seeing as though the Mercs have to always call in other factions and throw everything including the kitchen sink to have a shot at retaining outposts.

Thta's dependant on the clans and servers in question.

40$Poser
17-02-04, 02:59
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Thta's dependant on the clans and servers in question.

Seeing as though Rith plays on Saturn that would be the server I'm hinting at. Unless he's wanting to offer this service on all servers, which I doubt he might be doing. Unless of course I'm wrong.

Whiety Bulger
17-02-04, 03:09
I don't like mercs especially city mercs ESPECIALLY CMA. If you want some thing done right do it yourself or incite violence amoung ur fellow fraction members by simply inviting them many people can't resist big OP fights.

KimmyG
17-02-04, 04:35
If you ask me thats a little cheap.

Anyway fair idea for you guys but I had to vote for the I hate mercs.

mdares
17-02-04, 04:50
Originally posted by Whiety Bulger
I don't like mercs especially city mercs ESPECIALLY CMA. If you want some thing done right do it yourself or incite violence amoung ur fellow fraction members by simply inviting them many people can't resist big OP fights.

hehe hey dude CMA = dead; its phoenix mercs now :p

but anyway yeah i got 2 reasons i dunt think it will work:

1. SL system: u kill em u get fucked (tho if its warzone and ONLY op fights then fine; if u do anything else like search and destroy or wutnot...).

2. Personal attacks: people will so KOS u... so the mercs for hire gig wont work either.

Opar
17-02-04, 10:40
Wheres the option 'I AM a merc, and i need to be hiredz0r cuz im b0r3d.'

extract
17-02-04, 11:00
Id pay people just to leave the goddamn GRs open =P