PDA

View Full Version : KK...are you guys human?

RayBob
16-02-04, 17:53
Do you have any common sense? Do you guys play any MMORPGs? Do you care at all about your customers?

Every game has systems in place to prevent player griefing. PvP action is fine but any reasonable person—not to mention smart business person—realizes that at some point player actions cross the line and become griefing.

Let me say it clearly....ALL MMORPG DEVELOPERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING GAME MECHANICS THAT PREVENT PLAYER GRIEFING

1. Items need to be tracked. How many people have had their accounts hacked? Without the ability to track items KK has no way to manage their game and help their customers. If a customer complains about being hacked, KK could track the items and find the culprit. If the items were sold at YOs or otherwise deleted from the game, KK can see it and restore the items to the player.

2. A limit should be placed on financial transactions. For example, no character should be able to withdraw more than say 2 million credits from clan funds per 24 hour period. Game mechanics need to be implemented in the code of the game to prevent griefing.

3. The OP system needs to be changed to reward player success and prevent griefing. KK changed the hacking rule to prevent one player from taking over the entire map. They clearly understand that players do not enjoying losing an OP to ninja hacking that they fought fairly to gain. This is a complicated problem with many possible solutions, but it needs to be addressed.

4. Security to clan apartments needs to be reworked. Perhaps a log of player entry/exit? Different levels of security for different cabinets?

The point is that game mechanics need to be implemented into the code of the game to prevent player griefing. If KK takes the stance that characters are allowed to role play as spies and infiltrate enemy clans, then they need to implement systems to catch spies and perhaps a police system. We all spend endless hours hunting to acquire our items and to have one person walk away with thousands of techs and hundreds of rares because of the shitty security systems, is nobody’s idea of fun.

Ray

Stigmata
16-02-04, 17:59
i agree on all points

cRazy2003
16-02-04, 17:59
they r robots

Marx
16-02-04, 18:00
Originally posted by RayBob
Do you have any common sense? Do you guys play any MMORPGs? Do you care at all about your customers?

Every game has systems in place to prevent player griefing. PvP action is fine but any reasonable person—not to mention smart business person—realizes that at some point player actions cross the line and become griefing.

If the person keeps putting themselves in a situation to get killed by the same person or group, they deserve it. The only greifing that isn't allowed afaik is apartment camping.

Let me say it clearly....[B]ALL MMORPG DEVELOPERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING GAME MECHANICS THAT PREVENT PLAYER GRIEFING

You can choose another GR, another sewer, another path. It has been implemented.

1. Items need to be tracked. How many people have had their accounts hacked? Without the ability to track items KK has no way to manage their game and help their customers. If a customer complains about being hacked, KK could track the items and find the culprit. If the items were sold at YOs or otherwise deleted from the game, KK can see it and restore the items to the player.

Generally if a player truly hacked, others would be too... So they'd probably roll back their character info and change the password. Both problems solved.

2. A limit should be placed on financial transactions. For example, no character should be able to withdraw more than say 2 million credits from clan funds per 24 hour period. Game mechanics need to be implemented in the code of the game to prevent griefing.

Hows about you only let people you REALLY trust have positions with access to the clan warchest. People who don't share their accounts or have the ability to make stupid passwords and logins.

3. The OP system needs to be changed to reward player success and prevent griefing. KK changed the hacking rule to prevent one player from taking over the entire map. They clearly understand that players do not enjoying losing an OP to ninja hacking that they fought fairly to gain. This is a complicated problem with many possible solutions, but it needs to be addressed.

No it doesn't. OP's are there to fight over for fun. If you no longer have fun whilst OP fighting, don't OP fight. If you can't defend your OP from a ninja hacker, you shouldn't have the OP.

4. Security to clan apartments needs to be reworked. Perhaps a log of player entry/exit? Different levels of security for different cabinets?

How about you only entrust the password to people you know won't go skizzy?

The point is that game mechanics need to be implemented into the code of the game to prevent player griefing. If KK takes the stance that characters are allowed to role play as spies and infiltrate enemy clans, then they need to implement systems to catch spies and perhaps a police system. We all spend endless hours hunting to acquire our items and to have one person walk away with thousands of techs and hundreds of rares because of the shitty security systems, is nobody’s idea of fun.

Common sense is supposed to catch spies, not a game mechanic.

However, I agree with all your points to an extent - just not the to the point you want it.

El_MUERkO
16-02-04, 18:05
Your asking KK to police clans when clans should police themselves.
I'm in a clan on Saturn, their are 8 of us I think and only 3/4 no the clan app password, i dont even know where it is and to be honest I'm no that interested. Our clan doesnt have 100 million in the bank, the players keep it on their person and donate when needed.

It takes 3 hackers to take an OP so its not as easy as it once was though I'd like to see the time between successful hacks extended to two minutes.

Yes there should be tracking of individual iitems, I'd like to believe KK looked into this when they changed from mySQL to MSQL but it must'nt have been possible or maybre required to much coding and is something they plan for the future.

KK & MJS have spoken in the past about these subjects and I doubt they'll respond officially again but if they do I doubt it'll be to agree with you and promise changes.

Mingerroo
16-02-04, 18:14
This is like all those threads out there that ask for all armour to be made stronger, or for majorly increased XP gain.

A.K.A. I can't be arsed to take the time to do it myself, be it governing who accesses the clan appartment, or levelling up, so KK please implement a system that stops me having to take much time over my actions in the game.

Terribly, absolutely terrible. I understand, from your other thread, that you are deeply upset about your friends being hacked. But this is not the solution, and systems like this will never be the solution. What is needed is a lot more support from KK, an item tracker to make sure that when you say "my account crashed and I lost items A, B and C", they can track A, B and C to see that although you never dropped them, they are not in your inventory.

Griefers are hard to live with, but everyone else manages perfectly well because they don't let themselves get into those situations. To quote a favoured middle-aged-persons-line "welcome to the real world". You have to watch what you say to people, and who you allow access to what. Otherwise you will[/i] get screwed, and you [b]did get screwed, and as unfair it seems thats just the way it is.

Steve

kane
16-02-04, 18:34
something has be done your right on that.. we need to build a union and then all go on strike no more paying everyone tho not just 5 people something cost them tons cash ^^

joran420
16-02-04, 19:06
in EQ ppls shit would disapear and verant would not give it back to them...so just out of curiousity which is this MMORPG that tracks items and will know if you are lying or not when you tell them you lost your holy shield of death and replaces the exact item?

Nidhogg
16-02-04, 19:15
Yes they're human. As for the other points, take the time to be more careful and don't just allow anybody up your clan ranks.

N

Psycho Killa
16-02-04, 19:48
So you expect to go to sleep with 10 ops and have 0 people online to defend and wake up the next morning with all your ops....

Lol i got an idea when your clan goes to sleep you can hit a magical button that keeps all ops from switching hands overnight.

RayBob
16-02-04, 20:05
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Yes they're human. As for the other points, take the time to be more careful and don't just allow anybody up your clan ranks.

N Nid, you told me once that a thread I started was deleted because the moderator was expressing his own opinions. My understanding is that moderators are not responsible for the game mechanics. Your job is to keep the threads free of flaming and improper comments. Kindly keep your personal opinions to yourself. If KK chooses to comment then I would be interested.

Originally posted by Psycho Killa
So you expect to go to sleep with 10 ops and have 0 people online to defend and wake up the next morning with all your ops.... The whole "if you can't hold an OP 24/7 you don't deserve to hold it is getting really old. We all know that the game has a player base that is predominantly European. We all know that there are peak times and times with only 40 people on the server.

I am happy to spend 30 minutes or even 2 hours fighting for an OP. But after a certain time one side has to win. There has to be a finality to an OP fight. After a good and fun fight—win or lose—the OP has to become unhackable and the property of the winners for some amount of time.

BlackPrince
16-02-04, 20:07
What happens when your clan has on two seperate occasions on the same night 25+ online and 12 online and is 'too tired to fight', do you deserve to keep your ops then?

Dade Murphey
16-02-04, 20:12
Nid, you told me once that a thread I started was deleted because the moderator was expressing his own opinions. My understanding is that moderators are not responsible for the game mechanics. Your job is to keep the threads free of flaming and improper comments. Kindly keep your personal opinions to yourself. If KK chooses to comment then I would be interested.

The whole "if you can't hold an OP 24/7 you don't deserve to hold it is getting really old. We all know that the game has a player base that is predominantly European. We all know that there are peak times and times with only 40 people on the server.

I am happy to spend 30 minutes or even 2 hours fighting for an OP. But after a certain time one side has to win. There has to be a finality to an OP fight. After a good and fun fight—win or lose—the OP has to become unhackable and the property of the winners for some amount of time.

this is funney...more the funney "ehhh" instead of the funny "haha" but still...

Nid has as much right to say what he wants as anyone else...I'm sure if he really wanted to could switch to a non-mod forum account...either way, he'll probably say whatever...
Losing an op is part of the game...combat won't end just because one side gets bored after a while...go home and lose the op...or stay and fight...it's not the games place to tell us when the Op is hackable or not hackable...there's no real finallity to combat in real life or gamewise until one side packs up and goes home...and how does the op know when it has been "a good and fun fight"? what if the ops idea of a good and fun fight is different from yours? How would the op know what it should decide to become unhackable? and having in some sort of code to decide how long the fight can last total before the op is unhackable would be hella lame...and besides...when would the op decide it should become hackable?

Nidhogg
16-02-04, 20:15
Nid, you told me once that a thread I started was deleted because the moderator was expressing his own opinions. My understanding is that moderators are not responsible for the game mechanics. Your job is to keep the threads free of flaming and improper comments. Kindly keep your personal opinions to yourself. If KK chooses to comment then I would be interested.When you start a thread called "KK...are you human?" (which is borderline offensive) you should think yourself lucky that a snarky comment is the worst thing you got. :wtf:

N

/edit - btw, I wrote that with my GM hat on, not my mod hat.

Marx
16-02-04, 20:15
Nid, you told me once that a thread I started was deleted because the moderator was expressing his own opinions. My understanding is that moderators are not responsible for the game mechanics. Your job is to keep the threads free of flaming and improper comments. Kindly keep your personal opinions to yourself. If KK chooses to comment then I would be interested.

What he said makes sense (because it contains common sense).

If you put a complete stranger in a position to take your shit, you deserve to get all your stuff yanked.

The whole "if you can't hold an OP 24/7 you don't deserve to hold it is getting really old. We all know that the game has a player base that is predominantly European. We all know that there are peak times and times with only 40 people on the server.

If you can't hold a OP 24/7, you don't deserve to hold it. Yes, the game has a multinational playerbase, if you can't stand the idea of someone taking back your OP, don't take it in the first place. Let some other clan who doesn't really mind take it.

Perhaps if people used their OP's instead of just taking them for the sake of taking them....

And no, there's no reason for it to be unhackable to a period of time.

Zanathos
16-02-04, 20:21
In my clan, only 4 of us know how to get into the clan apartment, and it will probably stay like that :)

Wanna know my idea to solve one problem?

Let us have large apartments, i mean LARGE apartments where its divided into sections, high security sections, low security sections, etc...

A leader of the clan could store the rare items and parts in the high security area (which pretty much is an area that he wants to only have certain people go to) then if the leader wants to give any of those items to the clan, he puts it in the low security area.

OR another idea is.

let us have multiple clan apartments.

Our clan would love ReaKKtor if they did that.

Worried about ninja hacking? Place a turret at the hack room, it will help with ninja hacking. its not a solution but it will give you a warning if an outpost is under attack.

A limit to how much you can draw from the clan fund is a good idea. but think about those people that get permission from clan leaders to take out money thats higher than this limit to buy say.... a special forces cpu.

or maybe the clan leaders themselves want to take out so much money for a project there working on?

and marx, the problem with actually using ops and staying there is this, you cant actually support an entire clan at one outpost.

BTW, i really wish these outposts would be alot bigger, very few of them are big.

some are extremly small.

please increase their size and allow clans to be able to support themselves at these outposts (meaning they can buy anything they need there)

Shadow Dancer
16-02-04, 20:28
Ray I understand your view about ops. But their not really anything important. I mean, if their were tremendous benefits and rewards to holding an op, then I would be chanting alongside with you. But if my op gets ninja hacked, I couldn't care less lol. It's not like I really lost anything.

And it's the actual op fighting that's important.

40$Poser
16-02-04, 20:33
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Ray I understand your view about ops. But their not really anything important. I mean, if their were tremendous benefits and rewards to holding an op, then I would be chanting alongside with you. But if my op gets ninja hacked, I couldn't care less lol. It's not like I really lost anything.

And it's the actual op fighting that's important.

They aren't anything really important? You must be joking...

Outposts give the owning clan a 50 point bonus to whatever stat the type of outpost is linked too. Outposts also give the owning clan an easier access to the wastelands. Outposts can also be used to generate a decent amount of money for the clan owning it. Outposts may need a boost in importance and some tweaking for security, but to say that they are not important is obviously a lie and comes from a player who doesn't use logic and thought before posting on the forums.

Shadow Dancer
16-02-04, 20:36
Originally posted by 40$Poser
Outposts also give the owning clan an easier access to the wastelands.

That's pretty much the only decent thing IMO. Nothing too big still.

And 50 points to a skill? OMFG WOW SUPER AMAZING. Only factories and labs are evenly remotely useful.

:rolleyes:

To *ME* it's not really anything great.

comes from a player who doesn't use logic and thought before posting on the forums.

Says a member of the cartel. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marx
16-02-04, 20:37
Outposts give the owning clan a 50 point bonus to whatever stat the type of outpost is linked too. Outposts also give the owning clan an easier access to the wastelands. Outposts can also be used to generate a decent amount of money for the clan owning it. Outposts may need a boost in importance and some tweaking for security, but to say that they are not important is obviously a lie and comes from a player who doesn't use logic and thought before posting on the forums.

They're not important.

1 person hunting warbots for less than an hour can generate more money by selling 1 part than a clan would get by holding every OP on the map for a day.

The additional skill points are moot - seeing as most tradeskillers can cap their skills without gimping their combat abilities (except researchers).

The only two OP's that are used actively are labs for researching, or a mine for cloning.

40$Poser
16-02-04, 20:46
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
That's pretty much the only decent thing IMO. Nothing too big still.

And 50 points to a skill? OMFG WOW SUPER AMAZING. Only factories and labs are evenly remotely useful.

:rolleyes:

To *ME* it's not really anything great.

Says a member of the cartel. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And you point of me being in Cartel has what to do with this? Nothing kthxbye.

@marx: yes that might be true for generating cash, guess it depends on what outpost it is though. Such places at Cycrow/CRP can bring in a decent amount of cash without anyone really having to do much. Can't really argue with easy money.

Uplink outposts will be raised in value with HackNet figuring that hackers will benefit greatly from a boost of 50 hack, but for now only a few uplinks have a value considering some uplink zones have warbots/hoverbots which require hacking to open up. Mines are a pretty useful and saves cash for ammo/med kits and so on. Labs are useful so ressers don't fail/break tech parts. As for factories are decent for constructors who aren't fully capped or have a ppu who is always around to toss a cst 3 boost on them. Not everyone is running around with a capped tradeskiller, so ops do hold some value, not extremely great value, but some decent value.

Mingerroo
16-02-04, 20:47
And for your information, Nid's GM hat gives +20 superiority, rather than his mod hat that only gives +10 superiority and a whopping + 150 BAN. :p

Steve

DestructionUK
16-02-04, 20:51
WAAAA WAAAAA WAAAAAAA
if you dont like it quit

GambitFlame
16-02-04, 21:04
Originally posted by DestructionUK
WAAAA WAAAAA WAAAAAAA
if you dont like it quit

Dont have anything constructive to say ?

STFU then!

Myrlin
16-02-04, 21:07
Originally posted by Mingerroo
And for your information, Nid's GM hat gives +20 superiority, rather than his mod hat that only gives +10 superiority and a whopping + 150 BAN. :p

Steve

OMG I almost fell off my chair. LOL

Mingerroo
16-02-04, 21:16
Lol o_O, Didn't realise it was that funny :)

Steve

athon
16-02-04, 21:57
Originally posted by DestructionUK
WAAAA WAAAAA WAAAAAAA
if you dont like it quit

Most constructive post on the forum to date.

Athon Solo