PDA

View Full Version : Banned Players

Stigmata
16-02-04, 17:15
I dont want to start any kind of argument or flame war here.

But the question is simple, is there any plan to Un-Ban the people who were previously banned ?

As most people are aware players such as Prom, Artie etc etc where unbanned after several months away from the game.

Or are all Banned players futures decided on an individual basis.

An official word would be good.

Opinions, discuss

MjukisDjur
16-02-04, 17:18
Are they still paying a monthly fee or have they left 6 months ago and still think they should have posting rights?

GT_Rince
16-02-04, 17:19
I think we will find that this is a topic not open for discussion... I could be wrong...

El_MUERkO
16-02-04, 17:19
If you exploited or cheated you should never be allowed back ever.

Someone recently came back to pluto after a long time away and started throwing huge sums of money around, this has naturally led to some worry that an exploit was used.

So far I dont think KK have taken any action againist this player.

SovKhan
16-02-04, 17:21
megas back. i assume its a case by case thing.

Clownst0pper
16-02-04, 17:21
They shouldnt be let back.

its pretty shit when a person exploits just to get something.

Its lame, good riddence

Stigmata
16-02-04, 17:23
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
Are they still paying a monthly fee or have they left 6 months ago and still think they should have posting rights?

its a hypothetical question, i do have some people in mind but idont want to discuss this here.

Originally posted by GT_rince
I think we will find that this is a topic not open for discussion... I could be wrong...[/b]

why? i am not discussing the reasons why some people may have been banned. its a simple question.

also i want people's views.

edit/

Originally posted by Clownst0pper
They shouldnt be let back.

its pretty shit when a person exploits just to get something.

Its lame, good riddence

well people are already back that have exploited.

and what if a person who is banned did not exploit ?

@SovKhan Please no more names

Clyde
16-02-04, 17:24
when you get banned, its for a certain ammount of time whether its for 6 days to 2 years. After that time you are allowed back unless you create another account (ive seen a few people that was banned just create a new account like arti)

Marx
16-02-04, 17:25
I'd imagine they'd let banned people back for DoY - unless they did something really bad.

Stigmata
16-02-04, 17:28
Originally posted by Marx
I'd imagine they'd let banned people back for DoY - unless they did something really bad.

I hope they do

well ive sen a few of the people that were banned logins and they have like

banned for 3632 days of something like that which is er.....*uses calcualtor* nearly 10 years.

i also know that someone who was previously banned for 10 years is now playing, so the date of expiry for a ban really is not final

Nidhogg
16-02-04, 17:29
I can only comment for the forums and say that there are no plans to allow any permanently banned people back.

A few months ago we had a forum amnesty when we moved to customer-only posting and allowed anyone with a prior (permanent) ban back on the proviso that they obey the rules. Unfortunately many of those have subsequently built up new rapsheets or even been banned a second time, so we won't be repeating that particular experiment.

The forum rules state "three strikes and you're out" and that means for good this time.

N

GT_Rince
16-02-04, 17:32
I gotta agree that if someone was banned for cheating / exploiting, then they should never be allowed back in the game. For other offences, I would guess that they would be looked at individually and if not too serious, be let back in.

Stigmata
16-02-04, 17:32
Originally posted by Nidhogg
I can only comment for the forums and say that there are no plans to allow any permanently banned people back.

A few months ago we had a forum amnesty when we moved to customer-only posting and allowed anyone with a prior (permanent) ban back on the proviso that they obey the rules. Unfortunately many of those have subsequently built up new rapsheets or even been banned a second time, so we won't be repeating that particular experiment.

The forum rules state "three strikes and you're out" and that means for good this time.

N

Nidd do you have no knowledge of a company policy on un-banning people ? (non forum)

would it be possible to look into this for me ?

ezza
16-02-04, 17:33
if they exploit then tbh i dont want to see them back, if there were banned for something stupid then i guess a case review would be nice.

i could proberbly guess who your hinting at stig if its relating to your clan, in that case i would think they should be let in

Stigmata
16-02-04, 17:43
Originally posted by ezza
if they exploit then tbh i dont want to see them back, if there were banned for something stupid then i guess a case review would be nice.

i could proberbly guess who your hinting at stig if its relating to your clan, in that case i would think they should be let in

although i do have this person in mind, the question is more broad in scope, i truely want to know if their is an official process of review or whether it is as i suspect simply down to one person, who makes the final decision.

if it is down to 1 person then this person should be independant of events and occurances, making a fair and jugdmental decision based on the facts, not some personal opinions and/or bias for or against the "banned player"