PDA

View Full Version : Constructor Missions Suggestion

Vex
16-02-04, 11:35
Hi all, forgive me if someone has said this months ago, I have only recently come back to Neocron from a year away.

Just taken up a constructor character, and I gather from the posts that a lot of people aren't happy with the way constructors have to level, and I have to agree.

My main point here though is the missions. I have a constructor with 125 construct and 50 research (after implants). I tried to do a NORMAL mission, which I figured should be easy as I can rifle away a Cyclops (VERY HARD mission).

I can't do it. Why? Because the item they want me to construct has a TL of 52, which means I can't research it. So I would have to pay a researcher to blueprint it for me, buy the parts, then make it. I doubt I would get much change out of the 4K mission reward, if I didn't run at a loss.

This is silly, there are research missions for researchers, having a constructing mission which basically requires some research too is somewhat useless bearing in mind the game itself tries to separate out constructors and researchers.

What I suggest is this: When you take a mission, they give you the blueprint of what you need to construct. Not a regular item (otherwise its a free blueprint for someone), but something like the packages you have to deliver. Of no use to anyone outside this single mission. You can then get the parts, make the whatever-it-is, and finish the mission.

Simple. A pure constructor mission.

Aggree, disagree, please play nice now!

Aziraphale
16-02-04, 11:41
I agree 100%

Agent L
16-02-04, 11:46
Agree. Actually researchers needs nothing more than a lube, coz we get our 3 cubes back anyway. So it would be enough to make a blueprint + parts "refound" on finishing cst mision. Or, is it maybe already like that ?

Stigmata
16-02-04, 11:54
maybe have the const mission so the npc gives you the BP's, but then the item would have to be something worthlessin the game or people would just take the mission in order to get the free BP's of the weapon

Vex
16-02-04, 11:58
Thats exactly what I had in mind. Stops people getting a free blueprint of something, but negates having to research the thing.

msdong
16-02-04, 13:04
Originally posted by Agent L
Agree. Actually researchers needs nothing more than a lube, ...

did you try a researcher mission ?

ill done them and ill done conster missions.
my main skill is researching but the rule that you need double research to have (allmost)no fail sucks. i am able to do the hard construction missions that requires someting around 60 CST skill wich is no problem with my 75 Skill and get around 3 after paying the the chems.
the hard research missions is around TL80 stuff and with my 100 research skill i fail that much that it makes no sense in doing that mission othere them in a lab. worst of all that a hard research mission pays 2k and with around 750c expences fore research lube if ill do it with no fail.

construction missions far far more easy. all you need is a researcher that do you 10-20 BP for about the "usual" 5k and have work for the next 2 hours.

edit: i would not worry about the "free BP". if you cancel the mission you pay 1xx credits and that is not worth the filled BP.
conster missions do only stuff noone needs. or when did anyone ever had a build armor or implant or something?

Sorontar
16-02-04, 15:24
TBH construction missions get a bit more in the way of reward which I believe takes into account the requirement of getting a BP made.

If you find out what your 3 BPs are that you need at a particular level , get a massive batch made up by a researcher and do them en-masse.

Form a working relationship with them , they can forward work to you and vice-versa in the future.

El_MUERkO
16-02-04, 15:32
5 stars, good idea to make interesting missions for low levels who dont want to kill aggies.