PDA

View Full Version : MC5 Guards

Token
16-02-04, 10:46
Do the guards at mc5 use the same weapons as copbots? And what exactally is the damage type put out by mc5 guards and copbots?

Stigmata
16-02-04, 11:52
afaik the damage is pure energy, nothing else.

Nvidia
16-02-04, 11:58
Aye.... the Copbots do Energy and Xray damage. If Phiberdelic Phreaker were still around... he could tell you of his infamous exploits to root out the evil rumors about the mobs around MC5 and the damage they do.

Search for "Phiberdelic" and check out his sig in one of his posts. That quote was taken directly from Lupus, I believe.

Jeros82
16-02-04, 12:10
I was told that all the MC5 Guard do pure Energy damage and that only the Base Commander does Energy and X-Ray damage. So now you know where to put your resists ;)

Stigmata
16-02-04, 13:04
where do people get the idea mc5 guards do Xray damage.

if you have 0 xray resist and 200 energy they do the same dmg as having 114 xray and 200 energy.

Hence no Xray damage, people seem to assume any high level mob does xray damage now.

n3m
16-02-04, 13:10
MC5 Guards, High Security Bots & Base Commander use CopBot Rifles which do Energy & X-Ray by default.
None of them do Poison
Taken from Phy something's sig..
But it's like Stigmata said, they wont do more dmg with more xray resist afaik.

Nvidia
16-02-04, 14:11
And I'm telling you guys, that quote was taken directly from Lupus himself. I can't seem to find it from a forum search, but I know damn well that I read it from him awhile back.

winnoc
16-02-04, 14:45
Ok, so a spy with pa, inq1, med energy prot belt, 400 health and a ppu could survive mc 5 ?

Or am i just daydreaming here?

Stigmata
16-02-04, 14:47
Originally posted by Nvidia
And I'm telling you guys, that quote was taken directly from Lupus himself. I can't seem to find it from a forum search, but I know damn well that I read it from him awhile back.

if lupus said then fair enough, we'll have to take his word for it, but the point remains that with no xray resist the mobs do the same damage as with 114?

go figure ?