PDA

View Full Version : Tips for reinstalling NC

VetteroX
16-02-04, 01:25
Well, every other day I see a thread help neocron isnt installing properly, patches are screwed, etc et....so, anyone have tips on proper installation so this doesnt happen to me? I had to reformat and now its time to install NC...

CR@SH
16-02-04, 01:34
Download everything off of ftp.neocron.com in the retail patches folder. Then move the neocronlauncher thing out into your main neocron directory and overwrite the old one. Then just start it up and let it do its work. Should work like a charm.

hivemind
16-02-04, 01:39
Lemme tell you what, I can't frickin' BELIEVE how jacked up NCs installation is. I got suckered into reactivating last night, and by the time I was done with a two hour install and patch nightmare, I wanted my damn ten dollars back. I can only imagine how many people downloaded the free trial, tried to play, and gave up in frustration. Let's face it, most people aren't motivated enough about a game they've never played to bother with all the nonsense - the deleting of patches to get it to not download stuff you already have, the endless updating of the launcher, the OMG FATAL ERRORS! I FRE'd like ten times in four hours of playing last night. Another friend was sitting next to me at the LAN and thinking of reactivating too. After he saw my nightmare, he wisely decided not to.

Gah. I'll be playing Microsoft Hearts. It's more fun.

Oh yeah, your question Vet. I got sidetracked by my rant. I deleted patch 159 and patch 181, and let the Auto-Update get those two. Everything worked after that -- patches installed, the game didn't try and download stuff I already had, etc. Don't try and just get the patches from the FTP and think the game will see them -- it doesn't. And don't forget that you've still got to replace the screwed up Launcher with the one you DL from the Launcher Window. Good luck...

Saito Hajime
16-02-04, 01:46
hey vet, why bother with the reinstall. I could mail ya a copy of planetside, cause thats more your speed.

hivemind
16-02-04, 01:51
Not really. There's no penalty for dying in Planetside. Nothing to lose, nothing to gain. No "stuff", and no skills or attributes to setup. Vet has always liked to piss in someone's Wheaties when they die, and you can't do that in Planetside.

And it's slow and boring, that's why no one's playing it.

VetteroX
16-02-04, 01:58
hey sakio hoojeeme Ive peobably been plying longer then you have and this is a pvp mmorpg, if you dont like it, go out and get EQ. Ill be back in game and killing people in a few hours.

Saito Hajime
16-02-04, 02:03
careful v-penis thats the kinda thing that gets the thread shut down. We've had this playing longer discution. Youre wrong, I was playin before you. and you still seem to think i have something against pvp... not true, its social midgets like you that hurt the game.

Saito Hajime
16-02-04, 02:08
I must ammend myself.

Plantside is not V-)#($&@'s speed.
Griefing fools get penalized in that game.

DonnyJepp
16-02-04, 02:29
1. get the download version, it comes prepatched up to like patch 174. Then get all the patches after that from FTP.

2. delete your existing (if there is one) \program files\neocron directory so this is a clean install.

3. Install the DL version.

4. put all the patches in \patches

5. launch and let it patch, update launcher, patch, reupdate launcher, etc.

6. before doing ANYTHING else use winzip (or winrar whatever you like) to zip your ENTIRE c:\program files\neocron directory into a zip file. This is your new "restore source" for future reinstalls.

7. add rposcolor.ini, neocron.ini mods, install the launcher pro, etc,

VetteroX
16-02-04, 02:29
Im back in game... have to say im amzed... I had absolutely no trouble.... dowloaded the big blocks of patchs and then the individual patchs at 180k/sec, and no trouble updating... bang in game. BTW it was my sound card that fried my computer, bought a new sound card, now aall is well.

OpTi
16-02-04, 02:55
all i do is get all the patches neocron.ini, rposcolour.ini, and the updated launcher (the one that people seem to overlook when theys tartup the launcher first time, yeah the one that fixes the patching problems, that one ;))

and stick it all in a rar file, and then put a copy on my 2nd HD. When i need to reinstall no need for any DL's cuz i just unzip into the relevent folders and i'm rdy in about 10mins tops.

easy peasy.

robdekoning
16-02-04, 20:42
Originally posted by VetteroX
Im back in game... have to say im amzed... I had absolutely no trouble.... dowloaded the big blocks of patchs and then the individual patchs at 180k/sec, and no trouble updating... bang in game. BTW it was my sound card that fried my computer, bought a new sound card, now aall is well.

you just had to shut down certain soundcard programs in your task manager..thats all :) (u were using ati radeon right?)

Shujin
16-02-04, 20:45
its pretty ez for me.

i got all the patches and test patches and the neocron launchers saved onto a external harddrive

so when i need to reinstall i can do it easy, just delete / uninstall nc, reinstall fresh and clean n00b non patched nc, copy and paste the patch files, then replace the launcher when it gets to that 163 patch or wahtever

VetteroX
16-02-04, 20:47
no, gf 3 ti 500. My computers over 2 years old, I'm getting a new one in march or so. Trust me, my soundcard was total screwed. Yeah the issue was, i see soooo many posts on "oh god its so horrible reinstalling nc" si I was scared, but it was no trouble... maybe I got lucky.