PDA

View Full Version : Arggg!!!!

Dribble Joy
15-02-04, 22:45
summat has been wrong with my gfx in NC for ages but I've put up with it... 'till now.

All the 2D images used, spells mobs, etc have the transparrent border filled in.

Thus:
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/muffdemon-shot0039.jpg
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/muffdemon-shot0040.jpg

Any idea what's wrong?

J. Folsom
15-02-04, 22:45
Have you got your misc. graphics detail slider down? IIRC that one causes such problems if it's not at it's highest.

darknessfairy
15-02-04, 22:49
you've got mail :) hehe sorry, i have no idea DJ

Eddie
15-02-04, 22:59
I believe the green bits is the alpha colour of the 2D objects that are to be displayed.

For those that don't know.. the alpha colour designates which "part" of a bitmap is meant to be rendered transparent: ie. bitmaps have to be rectangular, where as a spell icon is rather odd-shaped. They use a certain colour (green.. in this case, probably) to fill in the "blank bits", and this colour is used when drawing the sprite so that that part of the bitmap isn't drawn.

Like someone else before me said, you've got your GFX settings (Misc setting, IIRC) turned down (too) low. My guess is that it's scaling the bitmaps a bit too much, and hence the "green" that was the alpha colour has become distorted (through sampling or whatever) and is now drawn.

I remember having this problem when I turned all my settings down too.

Also, I remember there being LOTS of other graphical glitches too - such as drugs flash being big "squares" isntead of the normal "snow" effect - which was quite easy to see out of, and the zooming effect of a sniper rifle was all borked.

And it looks like it still hasn't been fixed.

Eddie

Tratos
15-02-04, 23:28
I got that once when my CPU was REALLY busy and going crazy, a simple reboot and a 5 min break solved this as my CPU calmed down :p

Dunno might be your CPU is busy or somthing as we know how CPU deppendant NC is.

~Tratos

Dribble Joy
15-02-04, 23:31
Hmmm, I do usually have msn, norton, irc, multiple IE windows, kazaa (and it's affliated progs), bittorrent and sometimes Photoshop open as well as NC.

Tratos
15-02-04, 23:32
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Hmmm, I do usually have msn, norton, irc, multiple IE windows, kazaa (and it's affliated progs), bittorrent and sometimes Photoshop open as well as NC.

lol you CPU couldnt possibly be busy, i mean you run hardly nothing :p heheh

like i said i dont know much about these things, but close all your extra stuff and give it a try, i dunno

~Tratos

jernau
15-02-04, 23:43
Use Kazaa++ - no shitware.

btw - what objects are being affected in those screenies. They make no sense to me.

Sigma
16-02-04, 00:26
Originally posted by jernau
btw - what objects are being affected in those screenies. They make no sense to me.

1. poison barrel

2. steam in cm-clanapp

NS_CHROME54
16-02-04, 00:32
hmm i think i know what your problem might be. often these effects are generated by bitmap images with 2 sections: 1 that contains all the color used, and another one that contains a monochrome image. the monochrome image is what's really important. in that section, white is opaque, black is transparent, and anything in between is semi transparent. you nc could be reading it wrong.

i know this is a radical solution, but try finding all the images that are used for those effects in nc, and inverting the monochrome section of the image. it might just work.

don't quote me on that tho :rolleyes:

jernau
16-02-04, 00:50
Originally posted by NS_CHROME54
hmm i think i know what your problem might be. often these effects are generated by bitmap images with 2 sections: 1 that contains all the color used, and another one that contains a monochrome image. the monochrome image is what's really important. in that section, white is opaque, black is transparent, and anything in between is semi transparent. you nc could be reading it wrong.

i know this is a radical solution, but try finding all the images that are used for those effects in nc, and inverting the monochrome section of the image. it might just work.

don't quote me on that tho :rolleyes:

Then open a DOS box and type "Format C:" and press enter to commit the changes.

** WARNING - DO NOT DO THIS **
(added because some people really are that stupid)

Spoek Hagbard
16-02-04, 01:21
i got that when i lowered lightmap detail just up it a bit if u have touched it anything