PDA

View Full Version : Proto Reisistor

KimmyG
15-02-04, 21:51
Why doesn't it have +15 to poision resist

I think it should do you

ezza
15-02-04, 21:53
yes dont see why not, i guess when iwas made they didnt think that poison resists would be a major problem

Clownst0pper
15-02-04, 21:54
agree, have done for ages

Chase.Devine
15-02-04, 21:55
Why doesn't it have +150 to all resists ? :rolleyes:

One word : No :p

Clownst0pper
15-02-04, 21:55
One word : No

ITS A RESIST CHIP U MONG, THAT MEANS +15 ALL RESISTS

Duder
15-02-04, 21:56
Originally posted by Chase.Devine

Why is the PP chip ingame then?

Whats so huge and overbalancing with +15 poison?
BECAUSE +15 poison is overkill HURR HURR???

Opar
15-02-04, 21:57
i Say give it +15 to POR, and then +3 to CON. Muh.

KimmyG
Originally posted by Chase.Devine

Proto Resistor

+15 xry
+15 fir
+15 enr
+15 for

THing to resist against

xry,fir,enr,for,poision

Chase.Devine
Yap ... fu teh ub0r Devourer ... :p

QuantumDelta
15-02-04, 22:00
I don't see any reason why this would be unbalanced.
Chip should've had it to begin with, though.

Forget My Name
15-02-04, 22:00
nah.. the dev does fire damage above poison anyway.... my melee pe has 0 poison, and can still kill a dev tank ( most of them, not the really leet ones )... it is all in the inquisition and fire resist...

anyway.. back on topic...

Resistor seems like it should carry +15 poison.

Heavyporker
15-02-04, 22:14
naw...

if it gonna give POR, then lower all the + resists on it to +10

then it'll be fair. you gotta consider it in relation to all the other faction items.

KimmyG
15-02-04, 22:15
Originally posted by Heavyporker
naw...

if it gonna give POR, then lower all the + resists on it to +10

then it'll be fair. you gotta consider it in relation to all the other faction items.

Hows it giving it +15 all unfair?

jernau
15-02-04, 22:18
While I do like the idea personally, I think it would be too much compared to the other ER rewards. It's already an insanely good chip.

Boost the really wank rewards first (DRE I'm looking at you).

40$Poser
15-02-04, 22:23
Originally posted by jernau
While I do like the idea personally, I think it would be too much compared to the other ER rewards. It's already an insanely good chip.

Boost the really wank rewards first (DRE I'm looking at you).

Here's an idea you add the +15 of poison resist and fix that epic reward? ...or is that too much work to do for a company getting payed to provide this game and listen to ideas/complaints/thoughts towards their product?

QuantumDelta
15-02-04, 22:23

Boost the really wank rewards first (DRE I'm looking at you). TBH Implants will always be valued over everything else anyway...
Changing all the bonuses on the PPR to +10 to make this change wouldn't be "fair" it would make the chip WORSE than it was when it didn't have poison.

I wont say how stupid that idea was ¬.¬

SypH
15-02-04, 22:24
....or swap the force bonus to poison instead.

QuantumDelta
15-02-04, 22:26
Originally posted by SypH
....or swap the force bonus to poison instead. I'd say deal.
Problem is "tanks'n'monks" might get annoyed with that :p

hmm, I honestly think the only way people are gonna agree is if it's a pure addition :p

shodanjr_gr
15-02-04, 22:28
NO, you dont need it...poison is not powerful...

Giving half the playerbase another +15 POR would make it useless...

KimmyG
15-02-04, 22:30
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr

Yea those wargas devs are total shit

Any other opinions other than monks who need to poision stack

jernau
15-02-04, 22:30
I'd go for 12 on each.

Same number of points but evenly spread.

KimmyG
15-02-04, 22:32
Take away from the other resists completely make adding to it invalid

QuantumDelta
15-02-04, 22:33
I'd go for 12 on each.

Same number of points but evenly spread. You still lose CON Points because of the decrease :p

well on most decent setups anyway...

40$Poser
15-02-04, 22:33

seems the only thing tanks and apus want to use nowadays is poison devourer and poison based spells. Poison is an attack, a chip which is based on resists should include all resists not just almost every resist but one.

jernau
15-02-04, 22:35
Originally posted by KimmyG
Take away from the other resists completely make adding to it invalid

Depends on how your char is setup. Tbh for many people it would make it worse as the points lost would be in the 2XP/point bracket not the 1XP/point one so maybe it would need a little extra somewhere. I wouldn't go for 15 all round though, it's too much, too easy.

/edit : @QD - yeah :p.

Sigma
15-02-04, 22:36
Originally posted by Clownst0pper

then it should also give +15 Resist PSI...

Heavyporker
fine, 12 to all resists.

and DRE gives a perfectly nice apartment, thank you.

Granted, its a little dingy, but its no less useful.

Actually, that gives me an idea - make two different DRE epics, but you can only do one...

One run would be no-pk, meaning tradeskillers, PPUs, and LEchipped guys can do this, but they get the dingy 15 cab OZ apt...

The other run would require PKing, but you get like a 8 cab version of the Diamond clan apartment - you know - the one with that FUCKING sexy front room with the 4 citycoms, huge meeting room, captains room, and that little side room with bed/GR/gogo? Granted, it has to be trimmed down - like no safe in the captain's room, only one bed/gogo/gr, fewer tables and benches, and only 2 citycoms in the front space on that pedestal.

Dribble Joy
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
You still lose CON Points because of the decrease :p

well on most decent setups anyway...

I may be a nub because of this, but due to the way I have setup my armour/con, my fire/energy/xray before the ppr is less than 50.

QuantumDelta
15-02-04, 22:40
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
I may be a nub because of this, but due to the way I have setup my armour/con, my fire/energy/xray before the ppr is less than 50. I said most :p

Yours is one of the few exceptions :p

shodanjr_gr
15-02-04, 22:40
Originally posted by 40$Poser
seems the only thing tanks and apus want to use nowadays is poison devourer and poison based spells. Poison is an attack, a chip which is based on resists should include all resists not just almost every resist but one.

On a devourer its not the poison that does most damage. And a poison beam is ssoooo weak its silly....25 poison stacks (<-count em) on a tank with about 30 Por and he outhealed it with TL3 and fucking medpacks.

Boost poison to an acceptable level of damage and i will agree with that change. Its not that i wont benefit from it (my mains got PPRs) but it just isnt fair.

KimmyG
15-02-04, 22:42
On a devourer its not the poison that does most damage.

Why are you posting stupid shit like this. The intial hits does shit its when that DoT comes around is when the pain begins.

Dribble Joy
15-02-04, 22:49
I said most :p

Yours is one of the few exceptions :p

Huh? Does that mean it's shite or not? I'm getting paranoid! DON'T MAKE ME WATCH MORE KANON!!!

Shadow Dancer
15-02-04, 22:57
No, apu poison is too weak as it is.

Sorry.

KimmyG
15-02-04, 23:09
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
No, apu poison is too weak as it is.

Sorry.

I do agree beam could use a small boost

This has more to do with a wargas flamer

QuantumDelta
15-02-04, 23:13
Originally posted by KimmyG
I do agree beam could use a small boost

This has more to do with a wargas flamer APU Poison Beam is something like "damage factor 300" with some poison ticks at lower damage than that..
APU Fire beam is something like damage factor 1000 ¬.¬

40$Poser
15-02-04, 23:28
On a devourer its not the poison that does most damage. And a poison beam is ssoooo weak its silly....25 poison stacks (<-count em) on a tank with about 30 Por and he outhealed it with TL3 and fucking medpacks.

Boost poison to an acceptable level of damage and i will agree with that change. Its not that i wont benefit from it (my mains got PPRs) but it just isnt fair.

ok use a non poison modded devourer and then tell me how effective it is. Until then your just bullshitting.

Judge
16-02-04, 00:06
I say:

Add +15 poison to resist chip

Boost APU poison beam

Boost various other epic rewards (for example DRE because, well you know :p)

:eek: YOUR GOD HAS SPOKEN! :eek:

Shadow Dancer
16-02-04, 00:12
I think DRE epic rewards just needs a GR.

jernau
16-02-04, 00:18
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I think DRE epic rewards just needs a GR.

That would fix it's biggest failing.

It should also be in a DRE controlled housing area and have fixtures and features appropriate to the faction that awards it.

cRazy2003
16-02-04, 00:35
Originally posted by Clownst0pper

mong HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

BombShell
16-02-04, 01:42
well something must be comin for kk to let posion in to the citys in their story line. so we might get some new stuff to defend aginst it :).

Q`alooaith
16-02-04, 01:51
You do know the NEXT epic reward need's no PK and give's you two free vehical's, one of which can alway's be repaired, and cost's less than a single GR trip to repair from totaly wasted..

QuantumDelta
16-02-04, 03:10
That would fix it's biggest failing.

It should also be in a DRE controlled housing area and have fixtures and features appropriate to the faction that awards it. My storage cell is in P3 o_O

Argent
16-02-04, 03:12
Funny how it took so long for this kind of thread to pop out after Devs release :-)

Q`alooaith
16-02-04, 03:14
Originally posted by Argent
Funny how it took so long for this kind of thread to pop out after Devs release :-)

All to busy crying Nerf/don't nerf our good gun/nerf

ect to think about a thread like this..

:rolleyes:

anyway, should have been in from the get go..

QuantumDelta
16-02-04, 03:15
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
All to busy crying Nerf/don't nerf our good gun/nerf

ect to think about a thread like this..

:rolleyes:

anyway, should have been in from the get go.. Not true.
Benjie already addressed the total TOTAL Lack of POR Bonuses from implants and armor in an earlier thread.

Two of, infact.
It's true, too.

And get back on MSN I got back to meh PC just as you signed off :p

Psycho Killa
16-02-04, 03:24
I dont know it would be nice but isnt it to god damn neccesary in every single person setup as it is?

Except maybe apus.

SypH
16-02-04, 04:15
I really dont care about the poison bonus (or lack thereof) because in most cases now, I can pop a poison resist potion, use a basic resistor 2, and with my FH2 bonus I can out heal poison. So unless poison gets a massive boost I see no reason to change the PP chip, but if it does get changed then one of the other resist bonuses has to go.

Benjie
16-02-04, 04:23
Benjie already addressed the total TOTAL Lack of POR Bonuses from implants and armor in an earlier thread.

Two of, infact.
It's true, too.
All of my threads are true. :) When am I ever wrong? :D

In regard to the thread topic.
If there was a +15 POR on the PP Resistor Chip, I would consider using the Experimental Heart 2 instead of the Filter Heart.

Roughly Translated: omg yes! for diversitys sake!

SypH
16-02-04, 04:32
Well that is a point, cause lets face it, for the most part the other heart imps are next to useless.

Artie
16-02-04, 05:25
POR ISN'T A RESIST APPARENTLY YOU MONGS!!!

(according to KK logic, lol)

Apparently they have a good reason to exclude POR from the rest....for example...

(Late nite at kk)

Prog 1: Hey nubs, let's make por different from the rest!

Prog 2: OK!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111oneoneoen

Fin`

Samhain
16-02-04, 06:05
Yeah, I love how a little chip in your brain can make you resist force (and subsequently pierce) damage more, but it can't make your brain release some hormone or endorphine or whatever that makes you resist poison more.

Heavyporker
16-02-04, 07:01
it isn't endorphin/hormone, really.

its more of enzymatic/antibodic in the case of organic poisons like from snakes - they shoot up horses with dilute snake poison then after a bit, draw out that blood. Serum and all that shit.

Brain chip prolly operates on the basis of numbing your nerves a bit so you can't feel shocks or burns as much. Wouldn't work well agsianst poison because it actually acts on the brain itself as opposed to fire.

Lifewaster
16-02-04, 07:14
I'm actually using the neg 15 poison heart atm, and I still get good poison resist.

The neg 15 just means u get +15 from hazard buff at ops instead of +30, so can adjust your con for that easy nuff, its just 3 levels worth.

Heavyporker
16-02-04, 07:24
that and the point that the +con, +hlt, and +end you get from said heart far outwieghts the measly -15.

I mean.. ffs... just about everyone on the face of Neocron has like 60+ in HLT... meaning that the +15 HLT saves you 30 points, minimum... more ppl prolly have 73+, meaning that the +15 HLT saves you 45 points! And the +CON gives you 10 more hp on top of that HLT.

And the +END is a boon to anybody that likes to run and shoot at the same time.

Believe me, that heart;s more than good.

Sheesh. What a buncha whiners.

Psycho Killa
16-02-04, 08:00
Filter > Exp

In my opinion atleast though it comes down to math more then opinion...

KimmyG
16-02-04, 08:07
Originally posted by Argent

I have called for this a long time ago as have others, I just thought now that everyone is getting hit hard by poision I might get a little more support on the idea.

QuantumDelta
16-02-04, 08:12
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Filter > Exp

In my opinion atleast though it comes down to math more then opinion... For advanced setups.
Very true.

Basically you can only REALLY TRULY use a EXP/STR Heart if you're going to have no POR.
EXP Heart is even worse because of the XRR Malus, since most people aim for high XRR in CON, though this has been less of a problem since xray bones came in, it's still valid.

though for people with shit resists, EXPH/STRH2's are great.

Vid Gamer
16-02-04, 08:34
A +15 to POR would help out greatly!

IceStorm
16-02-04, 08:53
then it should also give +15 Resist PSI...
I have over a cabinet worth of Defesive Psi Field 3 and Psi Resistor 3 CPUs. Resist Psi my ass. I wish they'd yank those CPUs from the drop pool and the subskill from Psi.

VetteroX
16-02-04, 09:21
its the pp resistor and posoin seems to grow in threat all the time... add 15 poosin to the resistor, if you have to change force to poison do it, but please add it.

Vid Gamer
16-02-04, 09:26
Originally posted by VetteroX
its the pp resistor and posoin seems to grow in threat all the time... add 15 poosin to the resistor, if you have to change force to poison do it, but please add it.

Yeah, true. If KK saw this they would probably replace the +15 FOR to compensate but I'm a Tank and I already get a good amount of FOR with armor and imps (total is around 150-160 unbuffed), so having the +15 POR over +15 FOR is a huge advantage and something I'd give up in a second.

SorkZmok
16-02-04, 09:32
I'd also say exchange the force resist with poison resist.

Heavyporker
16-02-04, 10:02
I doubt that APUs and Spies would appreciate losing any +FOR from the PP chip.

QuantumDelta
16-02-04, 14:48
Originally posted by Heavyporker
I doubt that APUs and Spies would appreciate losing any +FOR from the PP chip. ...
Spies wouldn't give a shit if they could work out that BR2 + Basically un-needed STR after a certain amount of TRA = PLENTY FOR.
o_O
APUs?
Like I said, they might care.
As an APU, though, I'd prefer to use MOVEON Most definately, at this point in time.

jernau
16-02-04, 16:19
Originally posted by IceStorm
I have over a cabinet worth of Defesive Psi Field 3 and Psi Resistor 3 CPUs. Resist Psi my ass. I wish they'd yank those CPUs from the drop pool and the subskill from Psi.

They aren't as useless as you think ;)

(or so I hear).

jernau
16-02-04, 16:25
Spies wouldn't give a shit if they could work out that BR2 + Basically un-needed STR after a certain amount of TRA = PLENTY FOR.
o_O
APUs?
Like I said, they might care.
As an APU, though, I'd prefer to use MOVEON Most definately, at this point in time.

wrt Spies - Indeed. I have plenty of FOR on my spies.

wrt APUs - I rolled a new one a few days ago and I'm still working on that one - numbers wise the PP looks a lot better to me but I still kinda like the look of the MOVEON setup for some reason.

/edit - Ah crap. Double post. Don't kill me Nid.

QuantumDelta
16-02-04, 16:48
wrt Spies - Indeed. I have plenty of FOR on my spies.

wrt APUs - I rolled a new one a few days ago and I'm still working on that one - numbers wise the PP looks a lot better to me but I still kinda like the look of the MOVEON setup for some reason.

/edit - Ah crap. Double post. Don't kill me Nid.
hehehe, there are more than one ways to use the moveon to get better con than PPR ....though I admit the difference is most noticable on a PE o_O (would be more on a tank but since most tanks use PPR+Moveon+marine+herc or something close to that anyway.....heh :p)

wolfwood
16-02-04, 16:50
I personally am all for the idea of more poison resist

Psycho Killa
16-02-04, 16:56
They aren't as useless as you think ;)

(or so I hear).

Hes uses a law enforcer so they are usless to him.

(padding your inventory *cough*)

jernau
16-02-04, 17:00
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Hes uses a law enforcer so they are usless to him.

(padding your inventory *cough*)

Not that but an LE would render it useless.

QD - you on IRC atm?

Cruzbroker
16-02-04, 17:01
omg err LAMERS..

Well, if this gets in. All I can say is that my tank would have around capped health... And all that shit easier to setup.

QuantumDelta
16-02-04, 17:02
Not that but an LE would render it useless.

QD - you on IRC atm? Just logged on :p

LOL Cruz.
We're not all Tanks.
Friggin 'ocrons.

Cruzbroker
16-02-04, 17:17
Yes I know, I was thinking PEs also Spys and Monks (what monk would have a proto, go moveon, if any) ..

Sigma
16-02-04, 17:36
Originally posted by IceStorm

and?

it is an "resistor" so it should add to ALL resists, like some ppl said in this thread.

+15 NRG
+15 Fire
+15 Xray
+15 POR
+15 FOR
+15 Resist PSI

simple, and thats only 6 attributes so it would work, too!