PDA

View Full Version : special encounters

dem0n
15-02-04, 20:14
I think NC needs special encounters, like in fallout. hehe ever ran into the talking cows [mooooooooooo.... moooooooooooooooo I say]. also I'd like to see some deliberate GM jokes in the game also.

would be really great if there were a few scenarios. they would spawn on one of lets say 300 locations, at a random time, and only be there for a limited time, so there would be a small chance that a player could run into a special encounter [rare as Kami's themselves, or even rarer]. I don't know... I just feel that NC needs something that would bounce-out of the NC world, and give you a few gigles.

darknessfairy
15-02-04, 20:20
Hmmm would be cool, but like.... hmmm i dont know.... i spose it would work.

Sorry im not really with it, im a lot tired at the moment... Yeah lets do it

Mumblyfish
15-02-04, 20:30
Special encounters? Yes. "Funny" special encounters? No.

dem0n
15-02-04, 20:33
sorry you see it this way, why not play a game that actualy HAS any special encounters and which are funny... you'll see you'd want them ;).

how about voting for this idea if you like it [note, I'm not forcing/implying anything]

Shadow Dancer
15-02-04, 20:45
Hell yea, great idea.

Rimase
15-02-04, 20:48
Naah.

You'd get things like SpecialMob campers. And then people kill each other before killing the SpecialMob.

Idea sucks.

/not sign

StryfeX
15-02-04, 20:54
Originally posted by Rimase
Naah.

You'd get things like SpecialMob campers. And then people kill each other before killing the SpecialMob.

Idea sucks.

/not sign Not if you didn't actually *get* anything valuable from the special encounters. Hell, with the possibility of spawning at any of 300 spots, that's a pretty damn low chance of getting something by camping just one of them, anyway.

I'm all for it. I loved the special encounters in Fallout and Fallout 2. This game would be much more fun if you could have some random special encounters with some witty humor in 'em.

--Stryfe

dem0n
15-02-04, 20:56
Rimase, I'd suggest you read that small suggestion by me again, and grasp, that a special-encounter-does-not-spawn-at-a-same-place-over-and-over-again-thus-making-it-special. as I said, a pattern, with as much as different spawn locations there can be, with a random time of spawning [once a day, a week, a month], and a limited time before it isn't wiped out again off the face of the wastes [maybe stand there for an hour, 30 mins, 15 mins].

I hope you got it now.

I mean, wouldn't you just love walking thru the desert and you see drom(a) and drom(b) where drom(a) says dorm(b) has nice legs, and that he likes the way she smells?

[EDIT]
I'm not a comedian :), this is not what this post is about.

Keyol45743241
15-02-04, 22:22
No jokes that detract from the dark future cyberpunk style. Maybe two old vets who talk about the drom they once enjoyed, something like that. But that isn't too much out of place in that world ;)

Heavyporker
15-02-04, 23:09
mmmh... actually, yeah, I like the idea, after all I been trying to write up scripts for said encounters for a while.

I'll nick that pair of war vets discussing droms, thank you.

Shadow Dancer
15-02-04, 23:12
Hah that would be cool. Maybe they could spawn npcs based on forum posters and make jokes between them.

Like an apu saying "I hate those passive psi monk users, they ruin combat". :p

dem0n
16-02-04, 10:31
but special encounters are supposed to bounce out of the cyberpunk world. special encounter NPCs do not have to have any kind of connection with NC other than that they are placed in it.

a sad NPC standing near the road in the swamps saying how Nid gave him a 3932 day ban in the forums?

there can be no limit.

JiNxY
16-02-04, 10:37
there was some weird info bot in P3 for a day on pluto, he looked like a cop bot but just said _odd_ stuff.

CR@SH
16-02-04, 10:43
well there is bound to be a few special mobs that aren't actually spawning anywhere in the game. I don't see why a few mobs spawned each day in random locations could hurt the game. Summon a kami soldier, kami soldier, or something like that would be cool to hear people brag that they got the chance to kill one.

Archeus
16-02-04, 11:33
I remember in Asherons call they had random spawns to the floating city. Took me months to find one.

angelsenior
16-02-04, 11:37
Such events would be great indeed

dem0n
16-02-04, 18:22
I don't think some people got me right, this isn't a SPECIAL MOB spawn, these are spawns of certion scenarios at random locations at random times.

think of it as a drama. you'll encounter something which you've never seen at that place before, and probably never will again [special encounters are meant to be 1000*(very+very+very) rare]. it involves certing NPCs, creatures, or anything else, that all have something to say. the purpose of these drama acts are to be funny, to bounce out of the everyday neocron world, with mature jokes.

as for the copbot, yes I myself have encountered it. a copbot which keeps dying over and over again and saying something like "...no... it can't be, I'm not needed anymore..." and poof he falls dead on the ground.

now imagine that, just with a little dose of comedy :).

again I suggets overyone play fallout 1 or 2 with 10 luck and the explorer + scout perk, you'll run into some special encounters, many of which are probably the most funniest things I saw in my life, and I don't belive I'll ever forget any of them.

AGAIN - I say - THESE ARE NOT SPECIAL MOB SPAWNS, AND YOU'LL GET NO RARE ITEMS, JUST A COMICAL SITUATION. and you can also brag how you saw a 2 head drom in the middle of nowhere.

El_MUERkO
16-02-04, 18:33
What would be fun is GMs could take control of mobs and when they had some free time could insure peopel actually witnessed these.

Can you imagine a bunch of noobs at MB bunker when 2 WBs spawn near by, then the hear *ParP* and one warbot turns to the other and said 'Steve did you just fart right when we're about to kill all these humans!?!' then they have an arguement much to the total confusion of the runners :)

GT_Rince
16-02-04, 18:36
Originally posted by dem0n
you can also brag how you saw a 2 head drom in the middle of nowhere.

A 2 headed Drom? That would confuse the fuck outta teh dirty tanks :D

Heavyporker
16-02-04, 23:11
Thats nothing. I've seen five-headed marsh hippos.

No lie. I got the screenshots for it. I've also seen mating droms. I've also seen a mauler giving a doom reaper fellatio, and seen a Grim Chaser gently stroke a doom reaper as she spooned him. (well, it IS accurate - Grims spawn kiddies, hence female. Doomreapers dont, hence male)

dem0n
17-02-04, 22:04
Can you imagine a bunch of noobs at MB bunker when 2 WBs spawn near by, then the hear *ParP* and one warbot turns to the other and said 'Steve did you just fart right when we're about to kill all these humans!?!' then they have an arguement much to the total confusion of the runners <- now thats what I call a comical special encounter :D

virgil caine
17-02-04, 22:12
Have you ever crashed and relogged surrounded by DOY bots.

Now isn't that special.

dem0n
18-02-04, 20:51
erm thats not categorized as a special encounter.