PDA

View Full Version : Hello???? Parashock??? Nerfed?

Tickles
15-02-04, 17:17
I though Para had been nerfed recently? Well if it has its still pathetic. Ur still plastered to the ground, ur PvP is still ruined.
Doesn't everyone agree it shud be removed COMPLETELY ffs?
Yes? No? Modify it.

Lucjan
15-02-04, 17:20
Either make the strongest freeze/para shock the same level Thunderbolt is or make it PvM only.

gostly
15-02-04, 17:23
it's already been said that they'll never remove it...all you can hope for is further tweekage...which i agree...it needs to be nerfed still cuz it still glues you...:rolleyes:

cRazy2003
15-02-04, 17:25
i agree with the thunderbolt idea

Tickles
15-02-04, 17:29
Originally posted by Lucjan
Either make the strongest freeze/para shock the same level Thunderbolt is or make it PvM only.

Agreed, thunderbolt does slow u down bt not enough that ur totally screwed. I'd be ahppier if Antishock and Anti dmaage boost drugs wre clonable if they dont get rid of it

Sefran
15-02-04, 17:48
Agreed on remove still freezes to much or a further nerf...

sw1tch
15-02-04, 17:51
from the test server patch:
- Adjusted Holy Parashock Halo's output.

anyone know how this affects the para halo?

Forget My Name
15-02-04, 17:54
I think freezers should only be ppu period. And the freezers should be weakened more.

You know what would make freezers a defensive weapon only?

1) make it PPU only
2) the target gets 50% damage reduction across the board

That way, you wont use freezers before pvp, because you just gave them armor. This way, people will only use freezers when escaping, like it was intended.

Simple fix? Will reaKKtor listen? Only time and patches will tell...

Or if my simple fix is broken somehow, please enlighten me.

KramerTheWeird
15-02-04, 19:48
Shut up about nerfing parashock. It has been greatly reduced and is near thunderbolt level. I know even if it was nerfed to oblivion people would still complain so you can never please everyone.

Clownst0pper
15-02-04, 20:16
Shut up about nerfing parashock. It has been greatly reduced and is near thunderbolt level. I know even if it was nerfed to oblivion people would still complain so you can never please everyone

Holy parashock halo reduces your movement to zero, and thats not even rare, and is fucking stupidly low TL.

Thats thunderbolt level is it? At least with thunderbolt it slows me down, not sticks me to the spot

Shadow Dancer
15-02-04, 20:46
It's still too strong. Just remove it from pvp already ffs.

StryfeX
15-02-04, 20:48
Originally posted by Forget My Name
I think freezers should only be ppu period. And the freezers should be weakened more.

You know what would make freezers a defensive weapon only?

1) make it PPU only
2) the target gets 50% damage reduction across the board

That way, you wont use freezers before pvp, because you just gave them armor. This way, people will only use freezers when escaping, like it was intended.

Simple fix? Will reaKKtor listen? Only time and patches will tell...

Or if my simple fix is broken somehow, please enlighten me. Whoa... I like it, but what effect would it have on PvM? I don't really want to even *think* about a MC5 Commander that has a 50% damage reduction. :eek:

--Stryfe

SorkZmok
15-02-04, 21:01
What i would liek to know...

Why i hell did KK increase the stun effect of the thunderstorm or those rare melee shockers again? o_O

Got me killed once last night as one tank freezed me, the other one blasted away with a dev.

Heavyporker
15-02-04, 21:18
you can "recycle" antishock drugs. You use a few medical substances in a recipe to make them. I think the recipes are on a NC fansite... Neocron Network or something.

Forget My Name
15-02-04, 21:58
Originally posted by StryfeX
Whoa... I like it, but what effect would it have on PvM? I don't really want to even *think* about a MC5 Commander that has a 50% damage reduction. :eek:

--Stryfe

I am sure KK can make the armor effect not affect non player characters.

Shadow Dancer
15-02-04, 23:04
Originally posted by SorkZmok
What i would liek to know...

Why i hell did KK increase the stun effect of the thunderstorm or those rare melee shockers again? o_O

Got me killed once last night as one tank freezed me, the other one blasted away with a dev.

Yea, the melee freezer is too strong IMO. As a matter of fact, I think it's equal to holy paralysis.

Way to go KK. :rolleyes:

enigma_b17
16-02-04, 00:40
Shut up about nerfing parashock. It has been greatly reduced and is near thunderbolt level. I know even if it was nerfed to oblivion people would still complain so you can never please everyone

agreed, this is probably the 10th+thread about nerfing parashock, so just stop complaining about it

Duder
16-02-04, 00:45
NERF PARA

KramerTheWeird
16-02-04, 03:50
Well I know parashock is still pretty strong. I'm just saying that no matter how strong it is people will always bitch about it. I'm sure if it was brought down to parashock bolt levels someone would still complain.

Holy parashock halo needs adjusting yes. But the fact paralysis sticks you hard doesn't matter as it takes a large amount of psi to use, has lower range and takes some time to cast. Paraspam usually only happens when there is one or two enemies left. Get your ppu's to use holy antishock, no way an enemy ppu can keep up with it.

The melee shocker lasts what, 10 seconds? 15? Compare that to PSI parashock.

On test server thunderbolt is TL 113. I think it's stronger than paralysis at that level.

ezza
16-02-04, 13:23
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Yea, the melee freezer is too strong IMO. As a matter of fact, I think it's equal to holy paralysis.

Way to go KK. :rolleyes: melee freezer to strongo_O

ive had my tank hit with the melee freezers and it doest do much to him, a slight slow down, enough for my tank to be able to hit the enemy when he runs away which we wouldnt be able to do without the shocker.

until that prob with melee is sorted then the melee shockers should remain, its pathetic that we cant hit enemies when they run

SorkZmok
16-02-04, 13:29
Originally posted by ezza
melee freezer to strongo_O

ive had my tank hit with the melee freezers and it doest do much to him, a slight slow down, enough for my tank to be able to hit the enemy when he runs away which we wouldnt be able to do without the shocker.

until that prob with melee is sorted then the melee shockers should remain, its pathetic that we cant hit enemies when they run
Well my PE was dead when the melee tank started using his shocker. Same with the thunderbolt. The shock effect isnt as strng as holy para, but its still more than enough to turn a fight and easily win. Especially as the thunderstorm effect lasts quite long.

And for antipoison drugs, if you shock your enemy, wait some seconds and then hit him again, you can be damn sure that he just used the one antidrug he had in his qb. Now hes shocked again and has to access his inventory if he wants to get rid of the shock...poor guy o_O

Archeus
16-02-04, 13:29
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Holy parashock halo reduces your movement to zero, and thats not even rare, and is fucking stupidly low TL.

Thats thunderbolt level is it? At least with thunderbolt it slows me down, not sticks me to the spot

I tested all the paras on my spy and none of them did any serious freezing. Maybe the spells are being modded? (ones I tested were store bought, except the rares).

But the fact paralysis sticks you hard doesn't matter as it takes a large amount of psi to use, has lower range and takes some time to cast. Paraspam usually only happens when there is one or two enemies left. Get your ppu's to use holy antishock, no way an enemy ppu can keep up with it.

Exactly. Between that and the drugs the holy para is totally useless.

Original monk
16-02-04, 13:31
well: i think every freezer freezes exteremly weak lately ... i can still turn smoothly and run fast as hell lol ..

altough i didnt tried the holy freezehalo on myself yet .. i knew that there where some problems with em ..

but all the rest is pretty useless lately: holy para for example is sooo weak lol, i duno where all the fuzz is about: or is that holy freeze halo still stronger then a holy para ?

woOpin
16-02-04, 13:38
Instead of Nerf para threads why not carry err anti-shock drugs.

Even when para glued you to the floor I had no problems taking anti shock drugs at all.

I guess its down to people being lazy and instead of using their brains and carrying drugs they just want to see yet another nerf.

Gohei
16-02-04, 15:07
For all i care, they could remove all the freezers, rare as non rare.

They stink up the rarepool and fucks up pvp imo...

Peter Andre
16-02-04, 15:14
i dont know bout anyone else but it hardly efects me atall either:

1. im bugged
2. you lot r bugged
3. u dont have enough agil/ath
4. your a bunch of moaning bastartds

heh i like the 4th option myslef

Comie
16-02-04, 15:15
Get rid of the damn spell..

or change it so that it does the drugsflash effect (not the blurry screen the random key changes)

make more sence to be a synaptic scrambler than a motoric inhibitor

but then it will never happen

i do have a question tho, Who do we thank for this little gem of a spell?? as theyre adamant to keep it in game

Shadow Dancer
16-02-04, 20:44
Originally posted by SorkZmok
Now hes shocked again and has to access his inventory if he wants to get rid of the shock...poor guy o_O

Exactly. I pop like 3 anti shock drugs, i simply cannot afford anymore in my QB. Then after that, if I get shocked again, i'm fucked. I have to manually go to my inv and take a drug. And sometimes with shitty fps or lag.

*sigh*

At least make drugs stack in the QB.

Nash_Brigham
16-02-04, 21:25
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
Shut up about nerfing parashock. It has been greatly reduced and is near thunderbolt level. I know even if it was nerfed to oblivion people would still complain so you can never please everyone. Explain to me how is it PvP when you get glued to the ground by a PPU while a PE or tank comes in with a heavy pistol or devourer and starts blasting you away, but because you been para'd your mouse pointer moves like fucking molasses? Parashock is an attack uysed by the skilless to compensate for their lack of being able to fight.

Tickles
16-02-04, 21:30
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Exactly. I pop like 3 anti shock drugs, i simply cannot afford anymore in my QB. Then after that, if I get shocked again, i'm fucked. I have to manually go to my inv and take a drug. And sometimes with shitty fps or lag.

*sigh*

At least make drugs stack in the QB.

Yes, that or make them like Stam 2s wher it can be used 4 times

Bl1nd
16-02-04, 21:48
biggest reason of unbalance in neocron = PPUS

a fucking apu with a ppu is like a frigging tank with uber damage output

db = +40%-60% dmage WTF that means that if u get dbed u gotta run like a mother fucker

freeze glue u to the ground and eberybody can hit u easily

Lifewaster
16-02-04, 22:48
Lets get rid of para, and put in a reverse damage boost spell in its place.

Let PPUs stick that on ppl like to weaken their damage output.

Could be a good defense spell for PPU and mebbe some fun at fights.

El Barto
17-02-04, 15:05
Kepp it in game, just make it as usefull as the freezer guns, cos if you take it out and some one spent ages making a 5 sloter or a rare one, then just to have it taken out of the game is a bit ******. Nerfing it would still be abd for them, but not as bad and woul solve the PvP part, also they should be effective against mobs imo.