PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Those Wanted posters...

Heavyporker
15-02-04, 07:12
You see those WANTED posters all around Neocron City?

Notice that they're all player models?

Notice the NCPD info screen is running now in a somewhat rudimentary mode?

See where I'm going with this?

Oh hells yes! TIE THE WANTED POSTERS WITH THE NCPD RUNNER LIST! kinda like a rogue's gallery.

It'd be rather simple wouldnt it?

Point One - outposts have their dynamic info screens on the front entrance saying which clan owns that outpost at the moment - couldnt be hard at all to create some form of that system to make it run in tandem with the WANTED posters. Hence - info CAN be easily streamed to players. This plays in the image segment of the system as well.

Point Two - those posters already have pictures of player models - and the same thing in a sense comes up in front of us every time we come to our server and choose our character to play... it wouldn't be that hard to stream a specific list of the fugitives' player models through the WANTED system.

Point Three - this would fucking rock TOO much not to put in.

Come on guys. Bring this bastard into the game! There's only one option, because to choose otherwise is to be dead. Dead in the spiritual, intellectual, creative sense. That and you'd have to be physically dead not to agree too.

Marx
15-02-04, 07:44
Originally posted by Heavyporker
You see those WANTED posters all around Neocron City?

Notice that they're all player models?

Notice the NCPD info screen is running now in a somewhat rudimentary mode?

See where I'm going with this?

Oh hells yes! TIE THE WANTED POSTERS WITH THE NCPD RUNNER LIST! kinda like a rogue's gallery.

It'd be rather simple wouldnt it?

Point One - outposts have their dynamic info screens on the front entrance saying which clan owns that outpost at the moment - couldnt be hard at all to create some form of that system to make it run in tandem with the WANTED posters. Hence - info CAN be easily streamed to players. This plays in the image segment of the system as well.

Point Two - those posters already have pictures of player models - and the same thing in a sense comes up in front of us every time we come to our server and choose our character to play... it wouldn't be that hard to stream a specific list of the fugitives' player models through the WANTED system.

Point Three - this would fucking rock TOO much not to put in.

Come on guys. Bring this bastard into the game! There's only one option, because to choose otherwise is to be dead. Dead in the spiritual, intellectual, creative sense. That and you'd have to be physically dead not to agree too.

It would kickass to see my face there... All the time.

5 stars

\\Fényx//
15-02-04, 07:52
uhm

biased poll ? Yes option and a uh... yes option O_o

anyway yea good idea :) But it does seem like a waste of time coding something like that just for atmospheric values ...

Inchenzo
15-02-04, 07:54
i want those posters to be like that, change it !! ow and add some live feeds from ingame to the neocron website, like those that final fantasy has

like this -> http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/multimedia/wind/

Psycho Killa
15-02-04, 07:57
I dont think its a waste at all what this game needs is more atmosphere if you ask me.

When I first started playing I thought

"Attention citizens a dangerous criminal has been spotted within the inner city limits" Meant someone with red soullight was around :p

There should be more things to suck you into the game and make you feel like your really there. There should be new announcements every couple of patches.

This wanted thing would be cool.

I understand all spiders looking the same but why does every single mutant with a knife look the same. Or every single aggresor look identical. I think mutants should have several different skins just to add more depth and atmosphere to the game.

Im sure theres many other little additions that could be made to the game to add to the atmosphere.