PDA

View Full Version : [PLUTO] King of the Hill - Feb 20/21 2004

Heavyporker
15-02-04, 06:56
(this is upon the Events forum as well, but I want to ensure exposure)

This is an idea long ago tossed about between I and Zu (mucho gracias).

This is the King of the Hill event.

The concept is simple. This is a team-based dueling event. The location will be at an oil rig-like platform located SW of Krupp Factory upon the road.

On each corner of the platform will be a two-runner team. No ppus (except for the rezzes for the losing team, and each team will have to survive on their own buffs.

At a signal given, the teams will proceed to kill the other teams while trying to stay alive. A team will lose when both its members are dead. The team that survives to the end of the round (when all other teams/runners are dead) wins that round.

The entry cost for a dueling team is 100k if registered here before the event - 150k if you don't and only make your team at the event. You MUST have a team ready before the event - I want to keep things moving quickly. The prize pot will be a minimum of 750k and all the entry fees minus 10% for the event fees.

I plan (more like hope) to hold this event on Saturday, February 21 at about 1 pm GMT ( that's to give time for the participants to have fun in this event and still be able to go to fight night. However, depending on feedback - if people think that this is too early, I could move it up earlier to Friday Feb. 20th at about 3 pm GMT.

I kept the team size down to 2 because this would be the first event of its kind afaik, and three/four man teams might be a bit large for those platforms.

Please put your team members down here (easier to track).

Heavyporker on Pluto will check here and collect the fees -again - he's gonna be checking - he will know if you're just milling around hoping to make a team right there on the front desk.

Thank you for your time and if you have any suggestions, please put them up here or in PM.

NO extraneous PvP or Pking at the event outside of the arena, please

Zanathos
15-02-04, 06:58
I dont know if my new heavy weapons tank will be ready by then :eek:

Candaman
15-02-04, 17:09
sounds like a fun thing to do while were @ SUKING wuwu

Elric
15-02-04, 17:45
hmm. platform based combat.... I assume anyone falling off would be discounted?

Anyways, could be the ideal situation for a melee tank or two.

Nice idea, good luck in running it.

Nidhogg
15-02-04, 17:48
We want to encourage people to use the World Events forum and we can't do that if everything gets cross-posted here (which is against the rules incidentally). Don't take this as some kind of personal insult or dismissal of your event but I'm going to have to close this thread. It also makes more sense for you to have all your discussion on one thread.

N