PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] Whats With Saturn's Lag?!?! threads

BunkerBoy
15-02-04, 04:30
The past week and especially today (02/14/03). Every minute the server laggs especially in the aggressor cellars . It lags in there every 10 secs for prolonged periods of time . Can anyone tell me or say whats going on. Is the server having a heartattack? :lol:

Bl@zed
15-02-04, 04:36
FIX THIS SHIT, i cant even fucking hunt :mad:

Peeping Tom
15-02-04, 04:44
its total apeshit now.. the lag lag\+spiesjkz
atm i cant even log my char.. keep getting synch

K4F

GT_Rince
15-02-04, 04:46
Originally posted by BunkerBoy
The past week and especially today (02/14/03). Every minute the server laggs especially in the aggressor cellars . It lags in there every 10 secs for prolonged periods of time . Can anyone tell me or say whats going on. Is the server having a heartattack? :lol:

I can tell u what you can DO about it.....

*deep breath in*... Nah, I can't bring myself to do it.

Bollocks, yes I can...

Pluto > Saturn ;)

enigma_b17
its ridiculous wasw trying to buff meself and i counted 12 attempts before it stuck, then i syncd for no apparent reason :\, it does badly need to be fixed :\, dont know if its just saturn or if its other servers but it needs to be fixed

Promethius
They are laggin real bad just reboot them. Anyone else agree?

Invertigo
15-02-04, 04:48
yeah no shit, this lag is horrible.... What the hell am I paying 10 bucks a month for again besides new content :wtf:

Its bad enough I have to deal with 200-250 ms but these random lag outs are bullshit.

We should get this month free or somthing, its been acting like this for over a week now but mainly today was the worst. If they can not pull off giving this month free then why not everyone in the game gets 100k or somthing? At least somthing....

Bl1nd
15-02-04, 04:51
stop the lag for god sake u guys havent fixed it since the beta i think it is time

greploco
15-02-04, 04:52
it's server wide, it was in chaos caves too

it was kind of funny having your shots que up, when the lag broke sometimes 3-4 shots would hit

Bl@zed
15-02-04, 04:54
Originally posted by GT_Rince
I can tell u what you can DO about it.....

*deep breath in*... Nah, I can't bring myself to do it.

Bollocks, yes I can...

Pluto > Saturn ;)

yeah well when you have a player base like you have on pluto no wonder you don;t have any problems..but i like having fun in neocron, not playing on a server with 100 people on all day. kthx

GT_Rince
15-02-04, 05:03
Originally posted by Bl@zed
yeah well when you have a player base like you have on pluto no wonder you don;t have any problems..but i like having fun in neocron, not playing on a server with 100 people on all day. kthx

I do love it when people show their ignorance :)

Check peak time today...

Saturn - 311
Pluto - 247

Now - would you like to repeat what you said again?

Thank you, and good night :D

EDIT-----

I hate to tell you this, but over the last 2 months, Plutos figures have been climbing steadily... Know what I notice? Saturns are NOT as high as they were. :)

Biznatchy
15-02-04, 06:17
#include <sarcasm.h>

main()
{
pluto !> saturn
staurn++
pluto--
}

Zanathos
15-02-04, 06:21
i can scarcly remember when the population on saturn was 500 to 600 and pluto was 200 to 400.....

Biznatchy
15-02-04, 06:28
Ok I’m ready to declare it an official rumor that KK is reducing the bandwidth to the servers to store some cash before the merger ….sellout….

The lag on Saturn is just never been this bad. I don’t think I have seen a 1500 ping I the year I have been playing. Yes im board cant log in and do much anyway.

Gotterdammerung
15-02-04, 06:31
merged with the other saturn lag thread

IceStorm
15-02-04, 06:33
If it's that high, I doubt it's the bandwidth to the servers. It's probably a processing/process issue on the cluster itself. Do you get the same ping to Venus, Uranus, Pluto, and Jupiter at this time?

Morris
15-02-04, 06:37
Pluto > Saturn

HAY GUYZ IM JUST PSOTING TO SAY TAHT MY SERVR IS BETAR TAHN URS

HAV I MENSHUNED TAHT MY SERVUR ROX BTW I DONT THNK IV MENTIOND TAHT B4//!

:p

g0rt
15-02-04, 06:50
saturns been lagging out extremely bad all day

Zanathos
15-02-04, 06:52
Didnt you guys hear?

I hacked into the servers and I am using them to download my mega p0rn at super speeds.

OWNED!

O_o

Okay..... I'll go now.

kane
15-02-04, 09:15
How come nothing done fix it... if lags arnt they getting a new server or something or does that cost money thjay dont want pay i dont know anymore??? I pay to play lag and thing is we all still play even lags so they keep using server I hope one day in life everyone quits at same time. Cuz theres nothing being done about saturn lag and go ahead flame me everyone youre money i guess you pay for lag and then defend them by flaming me.

Gotterdammerung
15-02-04, 09:28
merged with the existing "saturn lag" thread

kane
16-02-04, 18:25
well.. I don't like lag :( whats going on I see no devs explaining it well would not be hard here I will say for them we lag sorry we just want keep all your money we decided take a 2 year break cant you tell thats why doy aint out! anyways were on cable not on a oc connection you crazy that stuff would make us get normal wages!

BunkerBoy
16-02-04, 19:55
i had been speaking with Mercuri for a while yesterday and b4 we went our separate ways for teh rest of the day i informed him of the major lag problem. He said he would get right on it cause he was wondering if it was just him lagging or not. It seems he did something cause the lag isnt as bad ne more now. There is still the ocasional "lag spike" but not as bad as b4. Thx Mercuri :)

Selendor
16-02-04, 23:04
I'm currently lying dead at an op war next to my clan mate, we both synced out and came back burnt to death.

Death by my own actions? Fine.

Death by a lag problem that is not our fault? Nothing more frustrating to a game player.

Do you hear that KK? NOTHING IS MORE FRUSTRATING TO A PLAYER. :mad:

Sefran
16-02-04, 23:07
They dont have the money to upgrade there server , where else would it lag so hard every time (and omg its not even 400 ppl max...)

Guess we will have to wait for DoY and hope it will bring much money for them so they can get a good server who can handle more then a little 300-400 ppl. I just hope im right :D

J. Folsom
16-02-04, 23:13
Originally posted by BunkerBoy
i had been speaking with Mercuri for a while yesterday and b4 we went our separate ways for teh rest of the day i informed him of the major lag problem. He said he would get right on it cause he was wondering if it was just him lagging or not. It seems he did something cause the lag isnt as bad ne more now. There is still the ocasional "lag spike" but not as bad as b4. Thx Mercuri :) I always suspected the higher up GMs had acces to a /set lag [number] command, now I'm certain!

:p

BunkerBoy
17-02-04, 13:23
yeah, it seems the spikes are starting to come back slowly.......o well.

TWOK
18-02-04, 01:37
SORT IT OUT FFS!

I don't like to lose my temper but I am sick to my back teeth of all this lag....neocron is getting painfully frustrating to play, so close to closing my account right now :mad:

Organics
18-02-04, 03:50
I do love it when people show their ignorance :)

Check peak time today...

Saturn - 311
Pluto - 247

Now - would you like to repeat what you said again?

Thank you, and good night :D

EDIT-----

I hate to tell you this, but over the last 2 months, Plutos figures have been climbing steadily... Know what I notice? Saturns are NOT as high as they were. :)

Hmm who cares if one server is higher than the other :) Surely you should be hoping that ALL servers have a nice high population, showing that the game total population is increasing nicely :)

As for the lag, haven't noticed it all that much TBH, maybe I was just lucky :D