PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Impression?

Psycho_Soldier
15-02-04, 03:04
Do you think KK will give the wrong impression to people when advertising DoY saying it will be using DX9 Features? When I think DX9 features I automatically think HL2... So won't most other people think this as well? Check out this screenshot.

http://www.halflife2.net/image_files/15.jpg

If KK will be using DX9 for water effects. Shouldn't the water look that good or other things like weapons. I know it should but I am extremely doubting it will.

sanityislost
15-02-04, 03:06
hmmmmmm damn if they will look like that i dunno how the hell my comp is gona run it :S

Benjie
15-02-04, 03:08
The hammer engine -vs- the modified freebie Genesis 3D engine.:rolleyes:

Hrmmmmm......
Hrmmmm....
Hrmmmmmmmm....
Hrmmmm.

Which is better? :confused:

hrmmmm...

sw1tch
15-02-04, 03:09
well, lets wait and see until an RPGvault peek is done on new grafics features with screenshots.

They said they are improving the water, so lets see how many dx9 effects they will use.

Samhain
15-02-04, 03:09
that's a lousy screenshot too. the hl2 alpha looked a hundred times more /emote sex than that on my box.

no, they are not giving people the wrong impression. mmo games cannot attain the same LOD as a first person shooter and i think we all know this.

Psycho_Soldier
15-02-04, 03:11
Originally posted by Samhain
that's a lousy screenshot too. the hl2 alpha looked a hundred times more /emote sex than that on my box.

no, they are not giving people the wrong impression. mmo games cannot attain the same LOD as a first person shooter and i think we all know this.

I've been hearing a MMORPG is in creation with the HL2 engine without any graphical loss... Not just rumors either, but news reports and interviews.

Samhain
15-02-04, 03:12
that's because the half-life 2 engine will automatically scale down the level of detail on the models, and they won't look as good ;)

sw1tch
15-02-04, 03:14
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
I've been hearing a MMORPG is in creation with the HL2 engine without any graphical loss... Not just rumors either, but news reports and interviews.

theres at least 2 mmorpg mod for hl2 in development, hell, there was even one for hl1 heh.

dont know if they will make it to completion, or be any good, but it will be interesting to see how they turn out.

Scikar
15-02-04, 03:15
It depends on what creates the water effects. If it's a standard DX9 shader then it could well be found in NC.