PDA

View Full Version : pluto trade skillers

enigma_b17
15-02-04, 00:42
decided to start up a char on pluto as there was nothing happenin on saturn, and tried to get a knife made, and there are no researchers or cstrs anywhere, wtf is up with that :|

Psycho Killa
15-02-04, 00:43
Whats your point I spammed on saturn for 3 hours for a constructer and no reply.

Wtf is up with that.

Thank god my friend signed on with a cst alt or id still be a 0/2 newbie right now.

I also spammed for over two hours for Viper king...... No reply.

2 Hours 500k for an energy soulblade... not even the tiniest responce.

Marx
15-02-04, 00:43
Originally posted by enigma_b17
decided to start up a char on pluto as there was nothing happenin on saturn, and tried to get a knife made, and there are no researchers or cstrs anywhere, wtf is up with that :|

They're all spitten.

:lol:

Hay, so are all the games tradeskillers.

cRazy2003
15-02-04, 01:10
yea there aint many tradeskillers on pluto, mainly cos i think if someone only had one char space they would rather have some sort of fighting or more exiting char then a tradeskiller, unless they have 2 accounts :p

Marx
15-02-04, 01:14
Since tradeskillers are gimped and have little hope of progression past a certain point, most people

a.) don't have a tradeskiller
b.) would rather be hunting/fighting/doing something other than tradeskilling (these are the people with a skill/combat combo).

Meanwhile those pure tradeskillers out there are.

a.) waiting to bleed out through the holes they've nibbled in thier lips.
b.) hovering their mouse icon over the 'delete this character' button.

Psycho Killa
15-02-04, 01:17
Ya but both servers have a tradeskiller mentality problem...

Pluto) I only have one character the fuck if im going to gimp myself with a tradeskill

People who do tradeskill and fight are the ones looking to get rich since I seem to tip very well and im sure im not the only one.

Saturn) Wait I got 4 slots.... and I need a repairer.... why fight and repair when I can roll a new char....

Now instead of using this char all the time they only use it when they need something so unless u have a friend with a tradeskiller it may be hard to find one on saturn also.

Basicaly defuck tradeskills or this will always be a problem on all servers.

More pop would certainly help.

Aziraphale
15-02-04, 01:20
I'm a constructor (albeit only at roughly TL80 right now) so DM/mail me if you need anything doing ;)

IceStorm
15-02-04, 03:21
My primary character on Pluto researches, constructs, and repairs. I've also got a complete implant, rifle, pistol, and melee BP collection (including mendicant and beggar's weapons), and an almost-complete canon collection.

I don't stand in PL1/PL2/PL3, though. There's several reasons for this. First, people want slots and get upset when they don't get them. Second, my skill level isn't that high - in NC proper, with glove/imps/Const 1 boost, I'm 145/150 const and 135/150 rsch. I'm a fully capped Spy, but since there's such a misunderstanding regarding slot chances, few if any avail themseves of my services if there's someone higher nearby. Third, I spend a lot of time running to and fro getting BPs from my cabinets. I'm toying with moving my BP collections to a few PL1 apts, now that one can buy apts in specific lifts.

Last, and most irritating, it's so hard to get the rareparts I want that I usually end up just hunting them down on my own, so I spend most of my time out in the wastes hunting Warbots. Because of my tradeskill-heavy bias, the weapons of choice I use take a bit of time to kill warbots (Healing Light at around 150% damage and 115 Shot/min or a capped, ammo modded Epic rifle). With SI and the GR changes, if I want to go hunting in I_10 I can't easily come in from the cold, do some work, then go back out, so I usually just stay out.

We get shafted both ways - people go for the highest skill levels and ignore the mainstream guys and people build uber combat characters which then go and mow down the regular guy who has a side tradeskill. What incentive do I have to stand around in PL1 all day advertising on trade?

Player-run shops/NPCs should resolve these issues. Once those go in, I can just stock one with low-level weapons and imps, set my prices, then leave them (hopefully). Until then, you aren't going to find me standing around in PL1 waiting on your every request...

enigma_b17
15-02-04, 03:36
thanks m8 i might just do that :)

Glyc
15-02-04, 05:20
i cst 235/150 @ 120/119 dex/int
i repair 110(skill)/150 @ 120 dex

usually at pimp spot (in p3) .... i don't use trade channel or skills channel because people seem to only chat over it.
i don't use plaza1 cos im TS...

email/dm come see me if u need stuff

(on pluto)

p.s. maybe my sig is old

XenivouS
15-02-04, 05:29
i gave up on tradeskillers a long time ago, but it seems every clan has a backdoor tradeskiller hence making it hard for "real" noobies to get into the game i think.

ServeX
15-02-04, 05:37
NCF has several high level trade skillers.

Xtro repairs tl 370, and constructs tl 255.
Kweef repairs/constructs/researches but not sure of exact TL.

And we have several other tradeskillers. Feel free to contact us if you need help.

Keyol45743241
15-02-04, 05:56
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Whats your point I spammed [...] I also spammed for over two hours [...] not even the tiniest responce. I, for my part, don't deal with spammers. Period. Only exception are those who want something valueable repaired. That I take and tell them, I'll give it back, when they have learned to behave... for about a RL week or so ;)

Also, having a l33t name does not help the least. If I am capable of typing all those ><-#[( characters, I'll rip them off for insulting my eyes and the RPG itself.

Psycho Killa
15-02-04, 05:59
I didnt quite spam I asked once every 5 minutes for 2 hours.

and it was on a simply named character

El_MUERkO
15-02-04, 14:29
There are several Trade skill clans on pluto.

Also try Pepper Park subway.

Mumblyfish
15-02-04, 14:47
And make some friends on the server. Join a clan. Not going to get very far on your own, that's what's so great about it.

ezza
15-02-04, 14:50
i stopped logging my constructer on saturn cos of idiots who were never happy with what you make them.

still log my poker on if people need them though

Lucjan
15-02-04, 16:27
Im quite with IceStorm there.

Tradeskills arent a viable way to play for the avarage ppl on a 1 slot server. You have to go combat, period. Now if the XP from tradeskills would allow ppl to level, it might be something different, but as for now, you need to go into combat.

I tried making a pure tradeskiller leveling by CST, RES and BRT only. It was over an year ago and while being online for quite some hours mostly day by day, he still needs like another 6 months to cap INT & DEX if I stick to tradeskills only :(

A good way to get tradeskillers to do something for you on Pluto is to ask people if they know someone who is doing the tradeskill you need and then DM that person or persons. Another advise: stick to your tradeskiller. You know what weapons you gonna need next so give your "orders" in advance.

•Super|\|ova•
15-02-04, 16:40
I'm not sure if they do but you could always ask Phoenix Ltd for a res/constr.

I have no problem myself since our clan has couple of constructors already.

Judge
15-02-04, 17:04
I was about to reply saying "Nah, I don't have any problem getting things constructed/researched" But then I realised... as a mainly capped player I don't really need much constructing... also I am in a very good group of friends and we have all the tradeskillers we need. Thinking about it, it must be soo hard getting tradeskillers as a noob. :(

But yeah, tradeskills are fucked. Generally fucked.

Hayato
15-02-04, 21:57
we got a few high lvl R&D guys as long as you aint red and are not a cock then dm one of em and come out to TH for a job:D

Carinth
15-02-04, 23:01
If you are at all puzzled why there aren't more tradeskillers, then you havn't been one yourself. They're the worst class/profession to play in Neocron. Worse then ppu's, and that say a lot : )

Somewhere along the way KK forgot that classes are supposed to be fun. Originaly one of Neocron's "features" was that you can enjoy the game doing whatever you want. You can be a hunter, collecting rares/parts, to sell to others. You can be a tradeskiller, being essential for combat characters to fight. You can do Combat, taking part in pvp. I think there was also the typical "Explorer", looking around the waste for new places and uncovering new items. Each job was needed for Neocron to function. You can't do pvp if you have no repairer or implanters, you would be using storebought junk. Rares/hard to get implants all would only be available to a few, since noone would be selling them. Without combat players, the non combat personel would be in danger of being killed. Protect your tradeskiller and he'll help you out. Needless to say, Neocron is nothing like that now. Combat is what you do in Neocron. It is the most enjoyable job, by far. Hunting for rares is second, but its very repetative and not that exciting. Tradeskillers are a joke, ppu's will be soon too. It doesn't work to have everyone be dependant on the few players that can stand a totaly unfun job. The only redeaming value was being able to socialize and chat in plaza 1. Now we're being issolated by faction, so there goes that.

I used to be a researcher, but it was so impairin my ability to fight, that I had to give it up. I ended up buying a new account to make a researcher, because I knew I'd never find someone else to do research when I needed it. That character is now my clan's bitch, noone wants to research 24/7 so we share the grudge work. I think that sums up how messed up tradeskilling is.

Agent L
16-02-04, 12:23
Muhaha, I've killed the tradeskillers ! Being avail 6 hrs a day everyday, noone can compete with me.
And watch till I'll get my cst glove and tool, I'll totatly monopolize teh market !!11@@@ oneoneone

Archeus
16-02-04, 12:36
The annoying thing about Research is Droners.

They expect you to be thier byatches and don't realise how much of a pain in the backside to do 50 Raptor drones is. At least with TP's there is some excitement of finding a good part.

I will probably be lomming Archeus out to a tradeskiller as PPU'ing is just a pain now.

Keyol45743241
16-02-04, 13:01
Originally posted by Archeus
I will probably be lomming Archeus out to a tradeskiller as PPU'ing is just a pain now. Girlfriend: "I'm gonna leave, I mean it!... really" *sobs* *does not move*
You: "kthxbye"

:lol:;)

The PPU is still overpowered like hell, disruptive to the gameplay with its importance and you start to cry? Godmode is still available to the decent players - the dumb forget their deflector and try to rezz anyway :D

Try playing a droner when there was no Mosq available - that I'd understand! Or play a droner who plays in a small victimized PP faction without stealth but his appartment there! Yeah - lom to tradeskiller. But a PPU :wtf::lol:

Go ahead and play something else on a different server so you learn to appreciate your godmode again. Whining PPUs... makes me mad :mad:

Sry for off topic, yes, getting drones researched is a pain in the rear unless you're a gimped tradeskillwhore.

Archeus
16-02-04, 13:20
I've played a droner kthx. TBH half the bloody server has lommed to droning. Once you learn how to hide your meatsack (and don't be afraid to loose your drone) now your pretty much invincible.

Likewise with my rifle spy (which is getting more use). Can make money faster, level faster and is more fun in op wars.

With the PPU you go on about god mode. You have any idea how long you have to play to get to that point. And your totally useless on your own. About the only thing I can do solo is explore (which I have done of everywhere at this stage). So your dependant on a team that has nothing better to do then whine when they don't have a PPU looking after them and the other side does.

Anyway stop hijacking this thread. It's about tradeskillers.

GT_Rince
16-02-04, 13:48
I speak from experience here... (look out Ezza ;))

I spent my first 2 months back in NC on Saturn. Had it not been for Majin and his constructor, I would have been stuffed - totally. My first day in there, I called for more than 4 hours for a constructor - none came, then 5 turned up at once :D

I think the problem is what has been said already - unless you have a constructor yourself or know a friend who will log theirs for you, you really can be up shit street. This is ONLY because there are 4 character slots. Peeps do NOT wanna be left standing in Plaza spamming to build stuff when they can be out hunting on their alt.

Pluto, however, has only 1 slot. This 'switching characters' is not an option, unless you have a 2nd account.

http://www.ukastroimaging.co.uk/images/Image4.gif

Glyc
16-02-04, 16:25
well

i thought i'd try to help the community after reading this thread... so i hauled my ass to crytons in p1 with a ppu helping my kos'd arse through it.

i died. not too bad. had a ppu to rez me.

oh wait. he got trade hacked and my belt got nicked. my repair glove got stolen. i offered the dood 200k for my glove back. he said he was waiting for a better offer. then logged off.

last time i try to do something nice. if u need my skills... you come to me.

Marx
16-02-04, 16:51
Originally posted by Glyc
well

i thought i'd try to help the community after reading this thread... so i hauled my ass to crytons in p1 with a ppu helping my kos'd arse through it.

i died. not too bad. had a ppu to rez me.

oh wait. he got trade hacked and my belt got nicked. my repair glove got stolen. i offered the dood 200k for my glove back. he said he was waiting for a better offer. then logged off.

last time i try to do something nice. if u need my skills... you come to me.

Just work in Pepper Park subway station.

It has everything a person would ever need...

except customers =/

Glyc
16-02-04, 16:53
which is why i stay in p3 at my clans spot

Marx
16-02-04, 17:00
Originally posted by Glyc
which is why i stay in p3 at my clans spot

Bah, safezones are for wussies.

Good thing pepper park subways a safezone...

erp...

o_O

Carinth
16-02-04, 18:49
Originally posted by Archeus
The annoying thing about Research is Droners.

They expect you to be thier byatches and don't realise how much of a pain in the backside to do 50 Raptor drones is. At least with TP's there is some excitement of finding a good part.

I will probably be lomming Archeus out to a tradeskiller as PPU'ing is just a pain now.
PPU's can be bad aswell, the main reason I was and have a researcher is because of the phenominal amount of spells we hafta get built. Some of the spells are quite high too, like Holy Ressurect.
And ya, I've already switched to tradeskillin. I'm a barterer : )

Originally posted by Keyol45743241
Girlfriend: "I'm gonna leave, I mean it!... really" *sobs* *does not move*
You: "kthxbye"

:lol:;)

The PPU is still overpowered like hell, disruptive to the gameplay with its importance and you start to cry? Godmode is still available to the decent players - the dumb forget their deflector and try to rezz anyway :D

Try playing a droner when there was no Mosq available - that I'd understand! Or play a droner who plays in a small victimized PP faction without stealth but his appartment there! Yeah - lom to tradeskiller. But a PPU :wtf::lol:

Go ahead and play something else on a different server so you learn to appreciate your godmode again. Whining PPUs... makes me mad :mad:

Sry for off topic, yes, getting drones researched is a pain in the rear unless you're a gimped tradeskillwhore.
Ugh you are whats wrong with neocron's community : / People are so friggin selfish, sigh.

Mingerroo
16-02-04, 18:57
SOLUTION

Roll a tradeskiller.

Seems like everyone who I meet in NC nowadays expects either:

A> Someone else to take the initiative and do something about a problem.

B> KK to implement some BS system to do it for them. i.e. Auto-poker, Clan OP-ownage limiter, newb-gankers to be a bannable offence to name but a few.

:rolleyes:

Steve

Agent L
16-02-04, 19:53
Originally posted by Mingerroo
SOLUTION

Roll a tradeskiller.

HAHA!
Best. Answer. Ever!