PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] New Clan Chat System

Tratos
14-02-04, 23:13
Evening.

This idea came to me at an OP fight while people were talking about somthing not relavent and others talking about the OP fight, so then...

The Idea...!

We have CUSTOM CHAT which has in itself various other channel eg trade etc etc, so i was thinking perhaps this could be used in CLAN CHAT aswell, where inside the clan chat there would be a few sub channels e.g for tradeskilling within the clan, an OP fight channel for relaying grouping places and where to go with out bothering those who dont have the channel active and a few other channels for various things, another option which could possibly added if its easy enough to code, how about giving lets say rank 13+ the ability to say things in regular clan chat and it be broadcasted to all channels within clan chat.

Summary.

New clan chat sort of like this.

CLAN CHAT
x General
x Tradeskilling
x OP Fight
x Leveling

So that would be your clan chat and the x's represent a check box type of thing like CUSTOM chat.

Rank 13+ would be able to talk in CLAN CHAT for announcments which would be broadcasted to all clan sub channels and wouldnt be able to be blocked (e.g. like the ADMIN channel)

Ok then what do you think of my idea?

rate the thread and vote in the poll, all creative critisism welcome.

Regards

~Tratos

cRazy2003
15-02-04, 03:49
pritty good idea :p
anything to help communication at OP fights without a voice program rocks :D

QuantumDelta
15-02-04, 03:59
I like it.
BUT.
I would prefer clan channels to be customisable by rank 13+ as well.

Tratos
15-02-04, 04:09
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
I like it.
BUT.
I would prefer clan channels to be customisable by rank 13+ as well.

I was gonna suggest that, but i thought it might give te idea less 'could possibly go in game'-ness

:D

3 people sed no, i would like it if those people would at least exaplin this :rolleyes:

~Tratos

QuantumDelta
15-02-04, 04:12
True, though tbh the only reason you see stuff like this pop up on your team speak server is because those channels are customisable.
I swear to you after a few days those channels would;
A) Not be enough.
B) Not be accurate to what they're being used for.
C) Be annoying for trying to have the whole clan just communally chat...

I'd like to think my clan was pretty communal, they're probably still doin pretty well in that respect now...

Barar
15-02-04, 04:35
Across clan chatting please - let me talk to the alliance !!

Define up to 3 clans that can ally with or more <shrug> just implement it :)

QuantumDelta
15-02-04, 04:43
Originally posted by Barar
Across clan chatting please - let me talk to the alliance !!

Define up to 3 clans that can ally with or more <shrug> just implement it :) Although I could see this as being even more massively useful than the clan chat.
Weren't you all against alliance wars? :p

dem0n
15-02-04, 20:28
I don't know... I'm against it. mostly I see no use to it, because it will require THOUSANDS of RPOS opens and custom(click)->clan chat(click)->what you want(click)->close RPOS(press)... I hope you understand what I mean :|.

L3m0n
15-02-04, 20:33
Teamspeak

Drake6k
15-02-04, 21:07
Originally posted by L3m0n
Teamspeak
Ventrilo! :D

Clan chat doesn't need to be complicated. Only clans with like 60+ people would really get use out of it... I hate big clans.

The people leveling can (and always do) use team chat!
Same for OP wars.

Tratos
15-02-04, 21:14
Originally posted by dem0n
I don't know... I'm against it. mostly I see no use to it, because it will require THOUSANDS of RPOS opens and custom(click)->clan chat(click)->what you want(click)->close RPOS(press)... I hope you understand what I mean :|.

No its not IN cutom its just LIKE it.

Teamspeak

What a hero you are, i actulay use Vent but the point of this was for either clans who dont have a server, clans with members who do not use comms because of language barrier but can read english, those who dont have a microphone and those who use 56k or slower internet who when using Vent lag out of both neocron and comms alot.

~Tratos