PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting such high FPS like that Swork guy from FanG?

Fawkes
14-02-04, 22:19
My system specs:

http://personal.zahav.net.il/personalsite/sp/spievk/system.jpg

(that Creative EMU10K1 blah blah blah is SB Live! 5.1)

All my drivers are up to date.

Even when I'm running on low settings, the best I can get is about 10-20 fps (iirc, maybe even less) in op fights. This guy seems to have 60 fps with all the details set on high (or so it seems) in an op fight and he was recording a movie at the same time! It looked so smooth. I don't think I even get that fps in PP1 when it's empty.

Am I doing something wrong here? is everyone getting high fps like this guy or does he have a monstrous PC?

P.S. I'm talking about that FanG PvP movie (3rd one I think).

Glok
14-02-04, 22:21
He has a monstrous PC. Very. Very very. He posted his specs in the first thread (started by hinch, i think.) Also the footage is recorded on a second PC, which itself is better than almost everyone else's PC here. :o

Fawkes
14-02-04, 22:25
Oh... damn, I was hoping I could somehow get my FPS higher >.<

QuantumDelta
14-02-04, 22:25
Since my upgrade, I've been noticing a huge increase of FPS (much much better these days.... I can actually RUN! lol, and that's with more details on than the old PC had).

However.... now...
I crash :(
Need to really find some way to fix this, I've tried a few things already..
My system specs aren't that much better than yours (Same RAM, but win98se, AMD XP 2400 iirc, GF5200FX(I know, it's shit...probably what's causing the crashes))

But, what kinda FPS are you looking for, and what kinda details?
I'm pretty sure the FAnG vids have no vegie detail at all, and a few things aren't on max, he also has fogging distance on (huge difference).

So can't really say...
However I will say this;
FPS = CPU Power :p

edit;
oh, okay, I'll go try find his specs at some point :p

[TgR]KILLER
14-02-04, 22:27
i get around 70 fps in places like TH.. at huge OP fights my fps drops to around 20 to tho with 40 guys running tru my screen.. but yea that guy used a 10000000 dollar pc to make the movies lol..

ServeX
14-02-04, 22:29
90 FPS on average, 30-40 in op fights.

Fawkes
14-02-04, 22:38
I want playable fps in op fights. Like when you can actually aim. And I don't care about veg details or dynamic lights, I have those turned off anyway. This is what I'm using now:

http://personal.zahav.net.il/personalsite/sp/spievk/neo_settings.jpg

I actually didn't know turning 'Force Fog Distance' on improves FPS so I turned it on now... don't laugh ^_^

Anything I should lower or turn completely off? I don't want the graphics to be jerky. I tried using it for some time (as I said, I tried playing on lowest settings) and didn't like it much.

Dazist
14-02-04, 22:39
70 when watching floor at plaza 1 apartment
15-30 hunting mobs at wastelands without any big buildings nearby
10-25 at ops without any mobs present
2-10 at op fights

Goes without saying that aiming is almost impossible in op wars :) Before I go get some skillz I need to get some fps. Please post your computer specs too. Here are mine:

p3 800mhz
geforce 2 ti 64mb
512 mb ram
windows 2000

Dargeshaad
14-02-04, 22:40
From what I gather it's important to have a great HDD when you're recording a movie in NC because if you use 30 FPS as settings in FRAPS or whatever you're using, it stores 30 pictures just in one second on your HDD.
I currently have 2 HDD installed and I can tell a noticeable difference from my IDE133 Seagate Caviar and my SATA150 WD Raptor 70GB (The most uber non-server HDD on the marked :D )

QuantumDelta
14-02-04, 22:43
Originally posted by Fawkes
I want playable fps in op fights. Like when you can actually aim. And I don't care about veg details or dynamic lights, I have those turned off anyway. This is what I'm using now:

http://personal.zahav.net.il/personalsite/sp/spievk/neo_settings.jpg

I actually didn't know turning 'Force Fog Distance' on improves FPS so I turned it on now... don't laugh ^_^

Anything I should lower or turn completely off? I don't want the graphics to be jerky. I tried using it for some time (as I said, I tried playing on lowest settings) and didn't like it much. Sky Detail Medium, object detail drop to 2/3's of the bar.
If you don't hack drop misc detail to about 2/3s
and drop world texture detail a bit...see what happens then.

As for fogging distance;
Don't worry about it, took a few weeks for me to work that one out, and I'm always fiddling around with graphics/etc....

edit;
Daz - I feel your pain man.
I used to have a system pretty close to that.
Apart from the appauling FPS the upside was I never crashed on that system....

Glok
14-02-04, 22:44
Here are his specs. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?&postid=1180538#post1180538)

Hope that works... :confused:

Well, you'll have to scroll down a bit. :)

QuantumDelta
14-02-04, 22:45
Originally posted by Glok
Here are his specs. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=1180538)

Hope that works... :confused:

Well, you'll have to scroll down a bit. :)
extracted;

Game Comp
AMD 64 FX 51 @2800 mhz (compressor cooled @ -29°)
Radeon 9800 XT @580 / 840 (watercoled)
2x Mushkin Dualchannel DDR 533 1 GB

Render Comp
Dual Opteron 2200 MHZ (watercooled)
4 x Mushkin DDR 400 1GB Registered ECC

Software
Adobe Premiere 7 Pro (Orginal Version)
Snagit 7 (Demo / Shareware)
DIVX Codecs
Wavelab 4.0 (Original Version)
Logic Audio Platinum 5.11 (Original Version)

HOLY CRAP O_O
Swork has just become meh god of hardware :p

Glok
14-02-04, 22:51
Aha! I finally figured out how to make it go to the post. But QD has just made it moot. :( :angel:

Yeah his system is a freak.

shodanjr_gr
14-02-04, 23:01
Game Comp
AMD 64 FX 51 @2800 mhz (compressor cooled @ -29°)
Radeon 9800 XT @580 / 840 (watercoled)
2x Mushkin Dualchannel DDR 533 1 GB

Render Comp
Dual Opteron 2200 MHZ (watercooled)
4 x Mushkin DDR 400 1GB Registered ECC

Software
Adobe Premiere 7 Pro (Orginal Version)
Snagit 7 (Demo / Shareware)
DIVX Codecs
Wavelab 4.0 (Original Version)
Logic Audio Platinum 5.11 (Original Version)

^^^^HOLY FUCKING SHIT^^^^^

That guy is wwwaaaaayyyyyy too rich....

He should be a KK shareholder or something.

I mean Dual Opteron and 4 gigs of Reg ECC ram??? His Ram alone costs more than my computer...

msdong
15-02-04, 00:03
freakin FX51 .... that one rocks ... if u spend sweet 550€

im upgraded to AMD3k64 but i only notice minimal FPS improvements to my 2.5Barton

guess GFX is it.
btw, the PC that is able to record movies while play NC needs to be invented first :D

Artie
15-02-04, 00:10
http://home.comcast.net/~rdeath91/333.jpg

my damn nc keeps capping at 333...any reason why?!?!?!1

No matter what i do, i can't get any higher =\:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

jernau
15-02-04, 00:11
Nice setup.

I was weighing up the option of upgrading my render-box to 64bit but I decided to wait a bit longer as there's still nothing being compiled for it and I can use the money for more storage in the mean time.

ZoneVortex
15-02-04, 00:11
*shrug* I dunno why the original poster's getting that FPS...

maye don't run stuff in the background?

my specs are...damnit where's that thing...

pentium 4 - 2.4GHz
512 of PC3200 RAM
geforce4 ti4800 128 mb

i get 50-70 FPS always...20 or 30 during OP fights...
FPS gets cut in half when i run two clients

damn you guys and your pings...mine is usually 220-250 on broadband in California

msdong
15-02-04, 00:15
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
...damn you guys and your pings...mine is usually 220-250 on broadband in California

you signal travel half way around the world :) in any direction.

Scikar
15-02-04, 00:25
Originally posted by Artie

No matter what i do, i can't get any higher =\:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Why would you want it to? I don't any monitor in the world can achieve 300 Hz refresh rate so what's the point in your vid card rendering more frames than that if they don't get displayed? You're just asking for tearing and artifacts. Rather than try to go higher, turn everything up and turn AA and anisotropic on, turn on Vsync and limit your FPS to your monitor refresh rate. Then turn up the refresh rate until you can keep the FPS at the same level. That way you get maximum quality, and maximum FPS without artifacts or tearing.

Artie
15-02-04, 00:28
Originally posted by Scikar
Why would you want it to? I don't any monitor in the world can achieve 300 Hz refresh rate so what's the point in your vid card rendering more frames than that if they don't get displayed? You're just asking for tearing and artifacts. Rather than try to go higher, turn everything up and turn AA and anisotropic on, turn on Vsync and limit your FPS to your monitor refresh rate. Then turn up the refresh rate until you can keep the FPS at the same level. That way you get maximum quality, and maximum FPS without artifacts or tearing.

Quit making sense.

I LIKE MY FPS LIKE MY SUVS....WITHOUT VSYNC!!!!

ZoneVortex
15-02-04, 00:29
how the fuck do you get 333 FPS on Neocron?

Glok
15-02-04, 00:32
It has to be a display glitch. I don't think a Cray could get that high of fps. :p

Dribble Joy
15-02-04, 00:34
I just had a op fight, and I got 1-5 fps, totally unplayable.
I hope the DoY engine upgrade will load the gfz a bit more, I can run maxpayne2 with full gfx with my 1.4 athlon, but NC? noooo.
And I can barely afford food, let alone a new cpu.

QuantumDelta
15-02-04, 00:35
Originally posted by Artie

No matter what i do, i can't get any higher =\:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Because you're only semi-evil? :p

Glok
15-02-04, 00:37
That's strange... I get 30-40 fps in P1 with 30 people there, and 50 steady everywhere in the wastelands. I would imagine at an OP war I would get about 25 fps, but still levelling and clanless for now.

XP2000+
256MB DDR400
ATI 9600SE

edit: and everything is maxed, even vegetation except when i need to find the damn entrance to the swamp cave.

ZoneVortex
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Because you're only semi-evil? :p

haha, nice one :p

damn why didn't i think of that :lol:

Scikar
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
I just had a op fight, and I got 1-5 fps, totally unplayable.
I hope the DoY engine upgrade will load the gfz a bit more, I can run maxpayne2 with full gfx with my 1.4 athlon, but NC? noooo.
And I can barely afford food, let alone a new cpu.

What RAM are you running? The comp I'm on atm (as in not my new one) has an Athlon XP 1500+, a Radeon 9000 Pro and 512MB of PC2100 RAM. OP fights drop it to 15 minimum, and that's with max details except medium sky and no vegetation.

phunqe
15-02-04, 00:41
I would take a wild guess that the people with highest FPS do live in Germany :p

Scikar
15-02-04, 00:42
Originally posted by phunqe
I would take a wild guess that the people with highest FPS do live in Germany :p

So living in Germany makes your computer more powerful now? o_O

QuantumDelta
15-02-04, 00:44
Right Scikar, it does! honest o_O
Originally posted by phunqe

FPS has nothing to do with Ping.
As evidenced by my 1-5 FPS Op battles while still having 25ping.

:p

Dribble Joy
15-02-04, 00:45
Ok, I have 512 of ddr, but it is OLD, i mean over two years old.
My mobo is a shitty IWill thing god knows how old the bios is.
Got a radeon 9500 (think it's a pro)
Other than my gfx and HDD all of it is over 2 years old.

Scikar
15-02-04, 00:53
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Ok, I have 512 of ddr, but it is OLD, i mean over two years old.
My mobo is a shitty IWill thing god knows how old the bios is.
Got a radeon 9500 (think it's a pro)
Other than my gfx and HDD all of it is over 2 years old.

I would suggest upgrading the RAM then since it sounds like that is the bottleneck. The main 3 limiting factors are your GFX card, your CPU, and your RAM. The motherboard doesn't matter usually as long as it supports them - i.e. if your mobo only supports DDR266 RAM then installing PC3200 RAM isn't going to increase your performance until you put in a motherboard which can take advantage of it. Likewise, an AGP 8x card in a 4x slot is going to be a little hindered. But otherwise your motherboard doesn't have a direct impact on performance.

A 1.4 Athlon is maybe on the slower side of the scale, but a 9500 Pro shouldn't be too bad (I'm not entirely sure since the numbers don't correlate exactly to increasing performance, but I think it's a step or two up from mine). The RAM is more than likely what's causing the slowdowns, though I would also check your driver settings on the GFX card. Turn off AA and anisotropic (anything but a very new card will not run favourably with them switched on), also consider moving the texture and mipmap quality sliders a notch towards performance. Omega drivers (http://www.omega-corner.com) can help boost your FPS somewhat as well. But if you're using older DDR PC2100 RAM you might want to upgrade that. Even worse, you could be using SDRAM, in which case that's definitely the bottleneck.

Varaem
15-02-04, 00:57
I get 400 fps in my pp small (the one with the balcony) apartment... um... 200 in p3, 50 ish in places with people, 30ish in op wars with graphics settings maxed.

p4 3 ghz, 1gb ram ddr 2700, radeon 9600 mobile (heh).. and with AOL running all the time. :(

Dribble Joy
15-02-04, 00:58
Originally posted by Varaem
30ish in op wars with graphics settings maxed.
I hate you.

ZoneVortex
15-02-04, 01:10
How do you get 400 FPS????

I didn't know it was simply possible to get that much...

I've never gotten that much in ANY game

Scikar
15-02-04, 01:11
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
How do you get 400 FPS????

I didn't know it was simply possible to get that much...

I've never gotten that much in ANY game

A good one to try on any comp is Q3. Run it with everything turned on minimum and see if you can get it up to 1000. :D

SorkZmok
15-02-04, 01:14
I got a P4@1.5ghz, 256 mb ram and a crappy gf2 mx.

50 fps staring at a wall in my apt
20 with some ppl around
5 to 15 in smal fights
2 to 10 in opfights

Hell i would really like to know how good i could be if i had decent fps in fights. o_O

jernau
15-02-04, 02:02
Originally posted by Scikar
I would suggest upgrading the RAM then since it sounds like that is the bottleneck. The main 3 limiting factors are your GFX card, your CPU, and your RAM. The motherboard doesn't matter usually as long as it supports them - i.e. if your mobo only supports DDR266 RAM then installing PC3200 RAM isn't going to increase your performance until you put in a motherboard which can take advantage of it. Likewise, an AGP 8x card in a 4x slot is going to be a little hindered. But otherwise your motherboard doesn't have a direct impact on performance.

A 1.4 Athlon is maybe on the slower side of the scale, but a 9500 Pro shouldn't be too bad (I'm not entirely sure since the numbers don't correlate exactly to increasing performance, but I think it's a step or two up from mine). The RAM is more than likely what's causing the slowdowns, though I would also check your driver settings on the GFX card. Turn off AA and anisotropic (anything but a very new card will not run favourably with them switched on), also consider moving the texture and mipmap quality sliders a notch towards performance. Omega drivers (http://www.omega-corner.com) can help boost your FPS somewhat as well. But if you're using older DDR PC2100 RAM you might want to upgrade that. Even worse, you could be using SDRAM, in which case that's definitely the bottleneck.

Motherboards can make a huge difference. Cheap ones suck donkey.

AGP 8x is almost never needed, it's totally overspecced and just a marketing gimmick atm. I doubt NC even needs 2x.

Personally I've never seen any improvement from Omega drivers but it's worth a try I suppose.

9500 pro is a good card as it was an anomaly - effectively a 9700 but much cheaper.

QuantumDelta
15-02-04, 02:08
Originally posted by jernau

AGP 8x is almost never needed, it's totally overspecced and just a marketing gimmick atm. I doubt NC even needs 2x.

Personally I've never seen any improvement from Omega drivers but it's worth a try I suppose.

9500 pro is a good card as it was an anomaly - effectively a 9700 but much cheaper. Well said (...though...I still have an AGP8x slot...hehe...)
FSB is what really makes the difference imo...

Bengalmin
15-02-04, 02:13
you people complaining about poor FPS don't know pain! my pain is a P3 733MHz with 512 MB ram and a GF4 MX

I get 30FPS max and about 15 on the move, <5 in a fight :(

Scikar
15-02-04, 02:20
Originally posted by jernau

9500 pro is a good card as it was an anomaly - effectively a 9700 but much cheaper.

The point I was trying to get across though is that a motherboard on its own won't boost your performance all that much. If you have shite RAM then the best mobo in the world isn't going to help you. The mobo can only limit the performance of the other components.

And NC does need AGP 2x, for me at least - Rad 9800 XTs don't run on anything less than 4x. ;)

IceStorm
15-02-04, 02:36
There's an engine update coming with BDOY that should offload the work being done by the CPU to render graphics. If you don't mind waiting about five months, you may not need to upgrade. Your video card's not doing much work for NC right now.

Rad 9800 XTs don't run on anything less than 4x
Well, it's more an AGP signaling voltage issue. The card only works with 1.5v AGP signaling (only one notch on the gold finger section of the card, and it's towards the front), so you can't plug it into a 3.3v slot. If the North Bridge AGP interface supports 1.5v AGP signaling, then it most likely supports AGP 4x transfer rates (at least, I don't know of any 1.5v AGP targets that don't support AGP 4x transfer rates).

Scikar
15-02-04, 02:53
Originally posted by IceStorm
There's an engine update coming with BDOY that should offload the work being done by the CPU to render graphics. If you don't mind waiting about five months, you may not need to upgrade. Your video card's not doing much work for NC right now.

Well, it's more an AGP signaling voltage issue. The card only works with 1.5v AGP signaling (only one notch on the gold finger section of the card, and it's towards the front), so you can't plug it into a 3.3v slot. If the North Bridge AGP interface supports 1.5v AGP signaling, then it most likely supports AGP 4x transfer rates (at least, I don't know of any 1.5v AGP targets that don't support AGP 4x transfer rates).

Yeah I'm aware of that too. :p

Actually I think the 9800 XT is 0.8v. It certainly doesn't use the slot for power - it has its own 12v connection like a HDD. 8|

Psycho Killa
15-02-04, 03:19
Hrmm

I got a radeon 9600 and my hardrive is old but fine.

I blew my motherboard and processor a while back and have been to poor with school to afford it until now.

I should be ordering a new processor motherboard and ram within 2 weeks.

Im usualy an abit fan for motherboards and a amd man for processors anyone got any suggestions?

I think I might get the abit kv7 but not sure yet.

james_finn
15-02-04, 03:29
Well i get around 70 FPS around NC and wastelands and also round 20-30 FPS at ops, although the biggy on Pluto the other day had me crawling at 7-10 O_o lol

My setup is:

XP 2800+
1 GB DDR 2700 RAM
FX 5200 (128MB) <- I know its shitte lol, next upgrade
Creative Audigy 2
5.1 5700 Speakers :D me babies <------

lol

delphi

QuantumDelta
15-02-04, 03:35
What kinda Proc Power you lookin for PK?

evs
15-02-04, 03:47
eurrgghh mushkin :wtf:

IceStorm
15-02-04, 03:50
Actually I think the 9800 XT is 0.8v. It certainly doesn't use the slot for power
AGP signaling, not power. Signaling and power are different. Signaling is the voltage swing needed to transfer data to/from the master/target. The power connecter on the 9800XT is to provide power to the card components, not drive signaling per se. They could've gone with an AGP Pro edge connector for power instead of the card connector, but that would mean alienating a large number of enthusiasts. They did this with the FireGL X1, I believe, but that's a workstation card. Later revs of the X1 went back to a power connector, though.

0.8's for AGP 8x only, I believe (Don't hav the 3.0 spec in front of me), but the card's keyed for 1.5v and should work fine in 4x-compliant boards at 1.5v signaling. I've used my 9700 Pro in 4x-only boards and it worked fine. In fact, the 9700 Pro is even 3.3v compatible, so it should work all the way down to a 440BX board, something the 9800 line can't do.

Psycho Killa
15-02-04, 04:14
Was looking at the Athlon Xp 2700 or 2800..

Anything after that the price jumps up. 43 bucks more for a 3000.

evs
15-02-04, 04:14
btw why you using pc2100 icestorm?

judging by the rest of the setup its geared for high end gaming - that pc2100 will be a huge bottleneck :(

QuantumDelta
15-02-04, 04:37
http://a1electronics1.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=688941/search=2800%252B/ut=52205d44190f93f7

http://a1electronics1.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=655042/ut=52205d44190f93f7

I tried to find a US site with stuff in, this is more or less the best stuff I could find on this site for what you're askin...
I basically matched up the mobo to proc...

Someone'll probably come along and slap me but I don't think this board is too bad, and I know the proc is a good'n :p

IceStorm
15-02-04, 04:55
btw why you using pc2100 icestorm?
It's actually a 1GB TWINX PC3200 LL kit from Corsair, but it runs at PC2100 because the board is an Asus P4G8X using Intel's E7205 chipset. The memory runs in a dual channel configuraiton, yielding ~4.3GB/sec to the North Bridge. Unlike the later 865 series/875P dual channel DDR chipsets, which didn't arrive on boards for another seven months, the E7205 must run its memory clock in sync with the CPU base clock. A 533Mhz FSB P4's base clock is 133Mhz, so PC2100 speed is the best I can get on each channel.

Fawkes
15-02-04, 08:16
wow... turned on force fog distance and tweaked some of the settings (like qd suggested) and there's definitely an improvement. It all feels different now, so smooth. I still haven't tried it in op fights though, so I dunno if it's good enough. Thanks qd :P

StryfeX
15-02-04, 10:35
PK, Pricewatch (http://www.pricewatch.com/) is your friend. :D

*Looks at Swork's computer specs*
Holy hell! That's like a $3500 PC. And that capture system... OMG... That thing's bordering on illegal. :lol:

I usually manage to get anywhere from 80 FPS in small closed spaces to around 5-10 at large OP wars.

AMD Athlon T-Bird 1.3GHz
GeForce 4 Ti4200-8X w/ 128MB
440MB PC133 RAM

I'm saving up to build a new moster system that could turn out to be Swork's system's twin from the looks of it. :lol: All my shit's getting to be like 3 years old now, and I need something better to play my NeoCrack on. :p

--Stryfe

Dajuda
15-02-04, 10:40
AMD Barton 2500
Radeon 9700 Pro
1 GB RAM
Nforce Mobo

http://members.cox.net/daj-/framerate.jpg

dr.fish
15-02-04, 11:52
OMG i'm doomed.

i got pentium 4 @ 2600 Hz
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra 128MB
512MB DDR SDRAM PC-3200
80GB Seagate Serial ATA 8MB Cache
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

and i get MAX 30 fps
10-15 town ( anywhere )
5-10 in OP fights

Ping @ 120 with 1Mb broadband

Iamzod
15-02-04, 12:36
I just upgraded from this about a week ago:

P4 1700MHz
512MB PC800 RDRAM
ATi Radeon 8500 64MB

I used to get:

30 - 200 FPS in apartments
10 - 20 FPS in P1
20 - 50 FPS in wastes
2 - 10 FPS in OP's

Any APU spells or fire effects used to totally kill my FPS on this PC, either of these used to cut my FPS in half for some reason :(

Now i got:

AMD Barton XP2500+ @ ~2.2GHz (XP3200 speeds)
1024MB PC3200 DDR Dual Channel
ATi Radeon 9800Pro 128MB

im seeing quite a large difference in FPS now

50 - 500 FPS in apts
30+ FPS in P1
70+ FPS in wastes
30+ FPS in OP's (Altho i only been to one @ cycrow on this PC)

Dajuda
15-02-04, 12:50
Just logged and took a screenie in p1.

There was some quality loss from 1280x1024 > 1024x768 and from BMP to JPG.

http://members.cox.net/daj-/framerate2.jpg

Candaman
15-02-04, 17:23
I'm running atm

MSI mobo K7 delta type shit
Palamino (shit) 2200xp
TI4200 128mb Geforce 4
768mb 333 ram

soon to be upgrading to a 400mhz 3200XP barton and a 5950 ultra geforce

but currently i get 50fps any where drops to about 20-30 in op fites unless its a seiger where i am lucky to hover around 10 :eek:

Clyde
15-02-04, 18:38
a 2500+ barton pre week 43 will roll up and smoke a 3200+ any day of the week when its overclocked. I have mines oced to 2.3ghz by only uppin the fsb so i could get the most outta my ram (ocz pc 3200). I get 76 frames solid even with aa and anistropic at max (4x/8x)

evs
15-02-04, 18:51
It's actually a 1GB TWINX PC3200 LL kit from Corsair, but it runs at PC2100 because the board is an Asus P4G8X using Intel's E7205 chipset. The memory runs in a dual channel configuraiton, yielding ~4.3GB/sec to the North Bridge. Unlike the later 865 series/875P dual channel DDR chipsets, which didn't arrive on boards for another seven months, the E7205 must run its memory clock in sync with the CPU base clock. A 533Mhz FSB P4's base clock is 133Mhz, so PC2100 speed is the best I can get on each channel.

Ah right, didnt realise the board required it to run in sync.

The twinx ram is what im running at the moment, and its hardwork to get it to run 450 and keep it dual channel ;(