PDA

View Full Version : New Vehicle Idea: Heavy Artillary

VetteroX
14-02-04, 12:53
Many of use have been annoyed by certain situations, people huddling behind defences, like cowards. Examples are, city mercs cowering behind guards, TG's cowering behind guards, and people shivering with fear by thier stun traps and gat turrets with the invading army outside. So heres my solution: Moble artillary. THe vehcile would move slowly, and have to deply, which would take maybe 1 minute. It would also have weak armor, and must be defended. A marker would be placed, by anyone, preferably a stealthed spy (this would hopefully be with the long delay between stealthings, so he would have to use speed and skill, not insta stealthing) and the arty would land projectiles where the marker was placed. The artillary would be extely powerful... im talking 2X the aoe area and 3X the power of mal a shot. This would quickly reduce outside guards and turrets in ops to ashes in no time. Basically, the defenders have 2 ways to prevent this, stop the marker being placed, or blow up the artillary vehicle.... either is very accomplishable, through many methods. if they choose to cower behind the walls or by guards, then the only option is death... nobody can argue that since this games launch, people on the defensive, weather its protecting themselves (stealth) hqs, (120/120 guards) or ops (turrets) have constantly gotten new things to help them defend.... well its time for people on the offence to get something nice for once.... Bring in the artillary.

ou7blaze
14-02-04, 13:27
This game is called Neocron, not desert combat.

I don't want to spawn in my OP and look up and see a bigass artillery ammo come down about to own my ass ok?

Thankyou ;)

Glok
14-02-04, 13:34
Why not? There are already turrets, vehicles, and soon flying bombers... artillery would be a fine addition.

Elric
14-02-04, 13:38
could be fun :D

ou7blaze
14-02-04, 13:44
Ok ok fine.

It's not a bad idea just needs some tweaking.

I just hope KK fix the game engine in general before we start adding more lag to it.

But make a time limit on the "tag" thingy so u can't just spam artillery for ages :D

And let the OP have some defence which could be equal in power against it so it doesn't make the attacking team awfully over-powered.

For example think 10 artillery tanks or something firing down on one OP :D

Elric
14-02-04, 13:54
hmmm, yeah, it would need some limitations.

Obviously balancing the damage to it would be paramount, too much its overpowered, not enough and its useless.

Tags would have to be time limited, like each tag is only "targettable" for like 20 seconds (depending on the rate of fire of the artillery too i guess, again, more balancing)

other than the balancing issues that probably wouldnt be too easy considering the versatility of such a weapon, i like the idea.

then again, at the same time, the bombers would be carrying out a very similar function when theyre released anyways, so would a vehicle of this sort really be neccessary?

msdong
14-02-04, 14:01
it have a limit - shooting range.
you can not hit targets close to you or you blowup youself by the area damage. you may even limit the angle of the gun so its only for gunning 500m+ or dont limit it and make the shell hit the ground without exploding.

btw, we all know KKs sick humor. so when we het it it will be like playing scorch.
hold down button for firepower and release for fire :)

Judge
14-02-04, 15:11
Wow.... a valid idea from Vet (j/k :p)

Yeah, its a really good idea.... thinking about it the marker is a really cool idea, but how would you choose which marker you wanted to shoot towards, because if there were a battery of artillery and a spy places three different markers which marker do you shoot? Also if an enemy has artillery, will they shoot to your makers if there isn't a choice?

CarniFlex
14-02-04, 15:12
Vetterox sure, if you gun it. Can you imagine what that aoe artillery will do to those dumb y0s in ops? one artillery strike and woops! -18 sl.. 2 artillery strikes -40 or something.

First fix the yos then implement more tank stuff plz.

Elric
14-02-04, 15:17
Originally posted by CarniFlex
Vetterox sure, if you gun it. Can you imagine what that aoe artillery will do to those dumb y0s in ops? one artillery strike and woops! -18 sl.. 2 artillery strikes -40 or something.

First fix the yos then implement more tank stuff plz.

oopsie, good point :p

KramerTheWeird
14-02-04, 15:30
I have suggested in several posts already for a new vehicle

basically it would be a modified troop carrier, carrying less people and having an artillery turret mounted on it, ooh that'd be so much fun

btw technically there is an artillery vehicle, just lacking range, combat wheeler v.2 lobs grenades.

oh and good SL is overrated :D

Gestra
14-02-04, 16:48
Rhino with an AOE fusion cannon gun. People have suggested it before. Would make an excellent new addition to the mobile warfare.

OpTi
14-02-04, 16:55
an MLRS, firing like 4 moonie rockets per burst :D

Keiron
14-02-04, 16:58
I like the idea, but make it heavy armored and just REALLYYYY slow. If it's light armored, a SH sniper will rip it up before you can even find them. That way you still have to defend it (anti-vhc launchers), but it can't be destroyed with 0 effort.

metalangel
14-02-04, 17:07
You guys played the new CTI for Flashpoint?

You can build heavy mortars... only thing is, they're fixed. They cost $9,000 (which is just a bit less than an AH-1 Cobra) and ammunition costs $5,000 (same price as an M1A1 Abrams). Plus, you have to drive a truck to the site to build the thing, and it's very vulnerable. But MAN! Does it hurt when you fire it at something!

japata
14-02-04, 17:20
Mmmm... mortars, long range laserguided artillery vehicles, close combat heavy main battle tanks (like in mutant chronicles) armed with flamers, AA flak guns and a rocket-grenade cannon, realistic power armors (again, like in MC; heavy deployable infantry mowers), tankbuster bombs for infantry, dismantle/sabotage tools to eliminate artillery and mortars designed for covert forces.

I have to say, although I found planetside very VERY boring after only one week, it does have excellent ideas considering battle integrity: composition of armies, battleplans and hotspots (something like this in neocron would be cool. Perhaps for faction councellors/council or pro-/anti-city representatives only)

Only thing is that this would require larger player masses.

steweygrrr
14-02-04, 18:42
How about this as well? Faction specific vehicles armed with their factions 'unique' weapon...granted the city factions would be pretty limited apart from CA and TT who would have raygun (for CA) and Lasers for TT. CM would have rocket launchers, TG fusion weapons, FA may have a couple of those nasty burst laser cannons on them. Maybe have a choice of different turrets for rhinos when buying/building them i.e. plasma turrets etc.

Spex
14-02-04, 18:48
Rare grenade launcher

Elric
14-02-04, 18:51
Originally posted by Spex
Rare grenade launcher

test server patch notes

i do believe callash has added one if i remember correctly

:edit: Sorry, It was some new melee weapons. nevermind.

Clownst0pper
14-02-04, 19:00
Awful idea.

:o

Saito Hajime
14-02-04, 19:09
serously v-kid,
this GREAT (cough cough) idea of yours already exists in ACTUAL FPS
which is obvously where you belong

KramerTheWeird
14-02-04, 19:40
Jesus fuck, some more whiners about vet that has nothing to do with the topic. I don't intend to support him or anything but it seems people like bringing their ingame problems with him here.

Leebzie
14-02-04, 19:47
I only had to read the title of this to like the idea.

Artillery = win.

MORE VEHICLES !!!!!11one

ZoneVortex
14-02-04, 20:14
i want manned turrets...yeah stuff like heavy artillery would be neat but let's get the current bugs fixed first, as always

VetteroX
14-02-04, 20:49
Its ok Kramer, people nturally dont like people who own them. I dont see whats wrong with artillary Sad icy hobo or whatever your name is, artillary would be fun for fighting people who refuse to come out from behind defences,,,, try opening yourself up to the pvp element of the game, or go play the sims.

-=BlackBeard=-
14-02-04, 21:11
lol id love to use an artillery cannon

Jake Cutter
15-02-04, 05:35
An interesting idea that may be workable at some point. Too bad you had to go and taint it with arrogance.

People wouldn't bitch at you so much if you would just dial the ego down a bit.

--JC

40$Poser
15-02-04, 06:12
Originally posted by ou7blaze
This game is called Neocron, not desert combat.

I don't want to spawn in my OP and look up and see a bigass artillery ammo come down about to own my ass ok?

Thankyou ;)

Op Wars are part of the game. Vehicles are part of the game. Why not make NExT seem like more of a company and come out with new even more vehicle prototypes and machinery for people to use and enjoy? Diversity is always a good thing, making this game so not every op fight tactic is the same, make things interesting. Make the customers happy...