View Full Version : Spys are very good fighters and dont need to act like cowards

VetteroX
14-02-04, 12:25
I have finnaly capped my pistol spy, and tested him out today and yesturday. So far, he has killed 2 capped pes, several capped tanks, and a high level ppu (tl 3 heal + executioner = owned ppu) and a capped hybrid. hasnt lost a fight yet. He has over 400 hp, over 100 in every resit but poison has a little por, enough to survive a few por beams, and good speed. I also have a very nice Rof on my slasher, 275/min. (out of 296 max)Im too lazy to cap psi yet, so none of these fights invloved being sheltered. It just goes to prove a spy doesnt have to be a coward who stealths everytime someone looks at him, he can go toe to toe with a tank and win. Stealth should be severly nerfed so that people learn thata spy doesnt have to be weak, or die trying to learn. Im sick of the stealth excuse "spies have to stealth to live" because its just not true... plz add a 10-20 second recharge time between stealthings so as gotter loves to say, "adapt or die" learn to make a spy that can take some hits and fight back or die and let people have thier kill.

extract
14-02-04, 12:31
Originally posted by VetteroX
I have finnaly capped my pistol spy, and tested him out today and yesturday. So far, he has killed 2 capped pes, several capped tanks, and a high level ppu (tl 3 heal + executioner = owned ppu) and a capped hybrid. hasnt lost a fight yet. He has over 400 hp, over 100 in every resit but poison has a little por, enough to survive a few por beams, and good speed. I also have a very nice Rof on my slasher, 275/min. (out of 296 max)Im too lazy to cap psi yet, so none of these fights invloved being sheltered. It just goes to prove a spy doesnt have to be a coward who stealths everytime someone looks at him, he can go toe to toe with a tank and win. Stealth should be severly nerfed so that people learn thata spy doesnt have to be weak, or die trying to learn. Im sick of the stealth excuse "spies have to stealth to live" because its just not true... plz add a 10-20 second recharge time between stealthings so as gotter loves to say, "adapt or die" learn to make a spy that can take some hits and fight back or die and let people have thier kill.

this whole paragraph just goes to prove that youre just fighting setups, and people playing them have no skill, a capped PPU???? i mean seriously, was he afk or something LOL!!!!!.....i just dont see it, I know not one person who could kill my PPU alone, its just not possible.....even an apu who can antibuff me, i can recast shelter before one HL even pops off.....

these stories that you keep telling are just way too abstract.....I can see the tank thing, Ive seen rifle spies takle out tanks, and PEs....but a PPU!!!!!capped hybrid......just horrible man, that just reaks of killing people who obviously just have no clue, and really thats nothing to be proud of, but I agree spies are viable, but why have stealth if youre not gonna use it.........

VetteroX
14-02-04, 12:34
learn to read... high level ppu, not capped. I tl 3 healed him and then shot him with executioner... I can do something called AIM so all my shots hit... tl 3 heal gave me 15 seconds to kill him, thats a lot of executioner hits... I took out his legs, he couldnt dodge, and that was that... I will add, like most ppus he killed he was being a cocky idiot, laughing at me for a while, and when he took the time to type hahaha you suck, I tl 3ed and started smacking him... he realised the mistake he made too late.... got a good corpse sexing and a belt hacking.

Beanie McChimp
14-02-04, 12:35
Originally posted by extract
this whole paragraph just goes to prove that youre just fighting setups, and people playing them have no skill, a capped PPU???? i mean seriously, was he afk or something LOL!!!!!.....i just dont see it, I know not one person who could kill my PPU alone, its just not possible.....even an apu who can antibuff me, i can recast shelter before one HL even pops off.....

these stories that you keep telling are just way too abstract.....I can see the tank thing, Ive seen rifle spies takle out tanks, and PEs....but a PPU!!!!!capped hybrid......just horrible man, that just reaks of killing people who obviously just have no clue, and really thats nothing to be proud of, but I agree spies are viable, but why have stealth if youre not gonna use it.........

Someones jealous.

extract
14-02-04, 12:44
learn to read... high level ppu, not capped. I tl 3 healed him and then shot him with executioner... I can do something called AIM so all my shots hit... tl 3 heal gave me 15 seconds to kill him, thats a lot of executioner hits... I took out his legs, he couldnt dodge, and that was that... I will add, like most ppus he killed he was being a cocky idiot, laughing at me for a while, and when he took the time to type hahaha you suck, I tl 3ed and started smacking him... he realised the mistake he made too late.... got a good corpse sexing and a belt hacking.

digestive biscuit or whatever his name is on saturn, I genrepped into tech haven I had a shelter on...a holy def and no heals running, i had 18% SI and stayed there while he shot me with libby.....this was a while ago, I wasnt even capped then.....and managed to live......

N3O TL 3 healed me, unloaded his CM speed gat in MB, still nothing

before rezz nerf, I could run around rezzing antibuffed get the rezz off, and cast my shelter and still live.....

am I just trying to gloat here??? no, what Im saying is that I know how to play my PPU.....its obvious he didnt, what he shouldve done is toss a holy heal sanctum....ran around a bit, legs wouldve came back in one or two ticks.....

youre trying to base youre research on fluke events.....

plz add a 10-20 second recharge time between stealthings so as gotter loves to say, "adapt or die" learn to make a spy that can take some hits and fight back or die and let people have thier kill.

also, why dont you lom to about 130 or more base ress or cst and take out that move on or pp resist and replace it with a dex or int imp....and see how good youre setup is.......

Ill take the liberty of saying youre reply, since of course its gonna be ever so predictable

"ONOZ wack ass tradeskiller carebear I r teh uber leet pkaaar if j00 dont want to die lom to pure combat!!!!!"

Originally posted by Beanie McChimp
Someones jealous.

I am?? so youre saying Im jealous cause he killed that PPU, and not me? you couldnt have been more right man:rolleyes:

Glok
14-02-04, 12:52
Are you drugging at all Vet? PPR + moveon? Inq 1? Don't tell me to work it out, cause I already have using that skillmanager that you hate so much. :p

Q`alooaith
14-02-04, 12:53

This is very very possible..

My uncapped, read that, not yet capped in any skill, spy can nearly toast a PPU, as long as I TL3 heal him first..

holy heal santum is pretty good, but it's much easyer to out damage than a holy heal.. it's also harder for the PPU to cap, and many PPU's I've seen, when out not teaming don't tend to carry it on the quickbelt, holy heal taking slot 1, and holy shelt and deflect taking slot's 2 and 3.. then it's down to the PPU..

It's totaly possible to kill a PPU solo, esp if their buff's are down when you start pumping damage onto them, yes it take's only a few seconds to get all buffed up, but untill you are many PPU's rely on old holy heal to keep em running..

BTW, congrat's vet, what you hack from belt?

Elric
14-02-04, 12:59
It depends on the spy setup Vet. If youre druggign up to shelter etc or to improve armour choices then youre playing it a higher DEX/INT, lower con/str/psi PE and no more. Not the standard way to play a spy really.
(or even implanting, but i doubt that considering you got up to Executioner levels, Then again, unlike most of us, you do have access to MC5's which aint that common among spies afaik... anyways...)

Yes, they can be effective in close combat (IF you have the equipment to, eg. imps / drugs/weapons ... whatever) , but in all honesty, theyre far more suited to long range (rifle / drone) and tradeskilling (I'll assume you were pure combat), and if all spys were to play this way, there'd be no one left to buid yer fancy MC5's would there :p

Anyways... I still have 3 old 3 and 4 slotter Executioners on Pluto.... Maybe I should ahve a play with them again sometime, always liked fusion pistols, theyre very cool.

Anyways, Good on ya for trying out for the ultimate PvP spy setup, but just remember, thats not the way that everyone wants to play it (also not the way every class should be played either, trust me, droners are more fun than any other class, but I'll bet you never try it cos its not your style :p).

VetteroX
14-02-04, 13:00
his pants, not so great but he still lost, hehe. tbh the ppu proably wasnt very good, but I can name names of other people ive killed with him, one of them being a very annoying, capped TT tank... btw he attacked me first and STILL lost... if he tries to deny it i have a screenshot, and his tags... so dont.

Anyway before this gets off topic, spies can be very effictve fighters... beam of hell, slasher, and executioner are very powerful, and more then make up for a spys lack of defence.... id almost say boh is too powerful, because like rays, it doesnt go down in damage, so whereas with slasher your first burst will do 60 - 70, your last few will do like 20-30... while boh will do the same damage, regardless of hp.

Guys please read my post.... i have a lot of dex/pc... I get 275/min on tl 113 slasher out of 296 max. I have base 110 barter, and 105 hack with spy 1. I cant shelter yet, im 18 psi... doing missions is just too boring.... ill get it to 20 eventually, then use desterole forte for 25. I wont go into my setup because I just dont do that... you guys know it. Im proud of my setups, its the main reason I play the game to setup great fighters, and I dont want anyone else, freind or enemy to have them.

extract
14-02-04, 13:00
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
This is very very possible..

My uncapped, read that, not yet capped in any skill, spy can nearly toast a PPU, as long as I TL3 heal him first..

holy heal santum is pretty good, but it's much easyer to out damage than a holy heal.. it's also harder for the PPU to cap, and many PPU's I've seen, when out not teaming don't tend to carry it on the quickbelt, holy heal taking slot 1, and holy shelt and deflect taking slot's 2 and 3.. then it's down to the PPU..

It's totaly possible to kill a PPU solo, esp if their buff's are down when you start pumping damage onto them, yes it take's only a few seconds to get all buffed up, but untill you are many PPU's rely on old holy heal to keep em running..

BTW, congrat's vet, what you hack from belt?

I just dont buy it from an old school veteran.........I mean hell in another thread, I had commented that I saw a tank kill a PPU with a TPC....but see it was obvious that the PPU like a dumbass was unbuffed.....but I just dont see any decently skilled PPU using holy buffs...no matter what level dying solo to any class.....

I mean the only time Ive ever even come close to dying solo was to an APU at some OP.....I was waiting for a friend to go to MC5 and this CM APU, cant remember his name, comes and starts rippin me with a HL...my holy heal and shelter were just laughing at it, he maybe was doing 5-10 dmg per hit, if that,

then my boots broke
then 5 minutes later my PA broke
then my pants
and finally my helmet
and i had a fire belt on at the time so that wasnt doing shit anyways....

by the time my armor broke my heal was barely keeping me alive....but that was the only time......and because i literally had NO armor.....

but any other time, there is just no way.....

extract
14-02-04, 13:05
Anyway before this gets off topic, spies can be very effictve fighters... beam of hell, slasher, and executioner are very powerful, and more then make up for a spys lack of defence.... id almost say boh is too powerful, because like rays, it doesnt go down in damage, so whereas with slasher your first burst will do 60 - 70, your last few will do like 20-30... while boh will do the same damage, regardless of hp.

this I wholeheartedly agree with.....but not everyone who has a spy, wants to go total combat(which is obviously what you are doing)

its always a sacrifice for one thing or another....its like my old rifle PE....I wanted to use a ROG and totally cap it, so i had to take out my move on and pp resist and use a exp bal 3 and distance 3, therefore decresing my resists alot....so altho i could shred with the ROG, it didnt take a whole lot to kill me.....

so altho you can be effective in combat, not all people want a full combat spy....I think 10-20 seconds in between is a bit much...I can totally see 5.....as those sniper bastards in op wars who shoot once stealth, relocate and shoot again, rinse and repeat are quite annoying....a 5 second stealth recharge time would be plenty long enough to get em with my SH..........

Aziraphale
14-02-04, 13:05
That's all very well for pistol Spy's, who have fast RoF and aim quick.
But rifle spys need the distance to lock and and pop off a few shots before running to another safe position.

So nyer. :p

VetteroX
14-02-04, 13:09
read my edi extract.

As for rifle spies, First love will be extremely powerful next patch.... as strong as the new 20% stronger CS is.... and you will be moving faster then a tank... I almost wish id gone rifles after testing the FL on test... I may even make a rifle spy, but i dunno if i can bear leveling again...

Sleawer
14-02-04, 13:12
How much agl/atl is 'good' speed?
I have a pistol spy in leveling now but I cant stand moving slow... I guess it depends on each point of view.

Good news about riles, my capped rifle spy will enjoy that.. when I have time to play him heh ;)

Q`alooaith
14-02-04, 13:14
read my edi extract.

As for rifle spies, First love will be extremely powerful next patch.... as strong as the new 20% stronger CS is.... and you will be moving faster then a tank... I almost wish id gone rifles after testing the FL on test... I may even make a rifle spy, but i dunno if i can bear leveling again...

If you've a spare FL on saturn, I'm sure I know somone who'll make good hrrrmmmmm "use" of it..

:)

Rifle spy's can be good up close, but you've got to pick and choose the weapon's you use based on range.. Sniper rifle's are great over distance, but up close and in your face you need a little higher RoF, I'd take a PLR or a raygun up in the fray, while trying to get to a longer range away..

KramerTheWeird
14-02-04, 13:17
The misconception people have with spies being weak is because most are tradeskill orientated so can't give it all to combat. A fully dedicated combat spy on the other hand is a very capable fighter. Stealth, rayguns, dev, and other overpowered/abused items limit a person's capabilities I think. The only way to earn skill is to force yourself to abide to certain rules and to push yourself furthur and furthur. I'm starting to get bored as a PE myself, there's not much challenge anymore, just unavoidable walls such as crashes and ppu assisted groups. I keep pushing myself to find a new challenge and experience. What I've said you may not at first think relates to vet's topic but it does in the sense that it's possible to use any class within a number of variants and be successful and competitive if you just keep trying and apply your skill.

Q`alooaith
14-02-04, 13:19
The only challenge that might be impossible, is the melee tank taking down a hoverbomber..

:p

If you know what your doing any class can be deadly, but if not you'll just fall like a fly.

Elric
14-02-04, 13:21
lol, yes, the levelling is hell isnt it.

I'm in the view taht if anyone manages to TL3 a PPU, then you got a good chance of killing them. Obviously dependant on what weapon yer using for damage output (prefferrably one that doesnt drop as HP of target does, as Vet mentions above), so I dont think that really means much.

Nice to hear your not fully combat based (of coursewith 100 int, its not really neccessary to have full Weplore for int, although the tradeskills you chose are still PvP based :p)

Cool news for First Love.... Wonder if they'll contemplate fixing the fact that youre extremely lucky if 2 blobs in a burst actually hit though ;)

Archeus
14-02-04, 13:31
Define act like cowards? Heh, my Rifle spy has killed lots of people but only because they don't know I am there. Once they know where I am I have to run and hide. And this is with a crappy commando (well 3 slot explosive).

Elric
14-02-04, 13:35
see, taht aint cowardly at all, its just a different syle of play.

ezza
14-02-04, 16:26
Vet, you doing much stealthing with the spy as i know you aint a big fan of stealth?

Valkyrie
14-02-04, 17:09
The annoying thing is Vett really is as good as he boasts to be.

Elric
14-02-04, 17:15
it depends on which boasts your reading :p

Cliffraiser
14-02-04, 17:19
theres no way in hell a spy would win toe to toe with a tank with a half decent aim. i havent seen any spy that takes more then 5 CS bursts, especially spys that spec on speed will even take less then that. You have to have a really shitty aim if u cant get 5 locks on a spy before he kills you, and i mean reaaaaaaallly crap :D

Q`alooaith
14-02-04, 18:15
Originally posted by Valkyrie
The annoying thing is Vett really is as good as he boasts to be.

Ahh, but not all thing's come so well to him....

heh...

LTA
14-02-04, 18:45
Originally posted by Cliffraiser
theres no way in hell a spy would win toe to toe with a tank with a half decent aim. i havent seen any spy that takes more then 5 CS bursts, especially spys that spec on speed will even take less then that. You have to have a really shitty aim if u cant get 5 locks on a spy before he kills you, and i mean reaaaaaaallly crap :D

I know of a couple of spies that have faught capped tanks and the tanks arent exactly skill less and he's won.
I've seen him take about the same from a cs as a pe prolly a little more but hes beat plenty and the ones he loses to are generally because they are very good tanks and shouldn't lose with a cs basically :p

SorkZmok
14-02-04, 19:17
read my edi extract.

How much dmg does it do to a launcher per hit on test? cant get onto it atm.
And also, did they fix the aiming? As it is now, theres not one gun with worse aiming than the FL.

And about the topic, spies can be damn good fighters. My rifle spy has taken down many tanks, apus and pes. Even some ppus. It just needs some time and practice...

/edit

theres no way in hell a spy would win toe to toe with a tank with a half decent aim. i havent seen any spy that takes more then 5 CS bursts, especially spys that spec on speed will even take less then that. You have to have a really shitty aim if u cant get 5 locks on a spy before he kills you, and i mean reaaaaaaallly crap :D Its definately possible. With good aiming and nice runspeed you can kill tanks before they manage to hit you five times.
Also i think i can take more than 5 cs hits. ;)

Biznatchy
14-02-04, 19:18
this whole tread is omg i made a spy cought guys fighting warbots and killed them or ganked them in the back so nerf stealth.

tell me do you have 100 in repair and 170 in research on that spy buttnugget.

SorkZmok
14-02-04, 19:24
Originally posted by Biznatchy
this whole tread is omg i made a spy cought guys fighting warbots and killed them or ganked them in the back so nerf stealth.

tell me do you have 100 in repair and 170 in research on that spy buttnugget. lol
You idiot.

Elric
14-02-04, 19:31
. I have base 110 barter, and 105 hack with spy

Read before flaming.

Glok
14-02-04, 19:35
Originally posted by Elric
Read before flaming. I don't think that's the problem with this one. o_O :confused:

KramerTheWeird
14-02-04, 19:37
Why does every post Vet makes boil down to someone replying about how they hate his ego or attitude or whatever, who cares get over it, it shouldn't change the facts he presents.

Duder
14-02-04, 19:39

tell me do you have 100 in repair and 170 in research on that spy buttnugget.

HELLO SIR, IT SEEMS TO ME YOURE BEING ANNOYING AND DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT BEING A COMBAT SPY IS ALL ABOUT.

Elric
14-02-04, 19:40
ooooh i get it now.

ahahahahah :lol: :D

Glok
14-02-04, 19:41
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
Why does every post Vet makes boil down to someone replying about how they hate his ego or attitude or whatever, who cares get over it, it shouldn't change the facts he presents. Because people are weak-willed and Vet's posts just draw them in. They are powerless to resist.

TWOK
14-02-04, 19:41
You're a spy who drugs for armour...go you!
Try a none druggy setup and try using that executioner, oh no wait you could drug for that too...go vet go!

Possessed
14-02-04, 19:44
Originally posted by TWOK
You're a spy who drugs for armour...go you!
Try a none druggy setup and try using that executioner, oh no wait you could drug for that too...go vet go!

Erm, drugs are in the game for a reason, if you or anyone else can't be arsed to use them then its no one's fault except your own :rolleyes:

Psycho Killa
14-02-04, 19:47
Haha you guys sicken me.

Before the psi changes pe's used to take desetrol forte and drug for psi shield/br3 but they where weak little pe's for doing that werent they :rolleyes:

Vet has tradeskills and he proved he can be a good fighter yet you guys still mock him simply for no reason.

Elric
14-02-04, 19:48
erm, that was simply a question I asked too. He didnt confirm if he used drugs on it at all.

I was merely making the point that drugging a spy up to armours n shelters not usually reachable is basically playing as a slighty weaker PE with better weapons, which isnt usually the style taken on by Spy classes.

Although, Vet did mention that he has NOT capped Psi yet and hasnt yet used drugs to get up to shelter level.

TWOK
14-02-04, 19:51
Yeah that sounds perfectly reasonable, a spy running on 3 drugs just to be combat efficient. I could create a strong spy who caps the high end pistols..and it's probably the same setup Vet is using. This requires 3 drugs (one for shelter), and please dont bring tradeskills into this, get enough wep lore and some Psi use then you have more than enough INT to do something else.

Elric
14-02-04, 19:53
well... it is reasonable...

I was using drugs to level more efficiently, so whats the biggy about using drugs to PvP more effectively?

Same thing really. One just happens to be against an AI opponent, the other against a human.

Drugs ae there to be used, why not use em if ya can afford them, they really do make life alot easier in alot of situations.

(my rank 35 Tank was using a Vein Ripper and was just about to move up to the Blade of ceres within a week of non-regular short time playing thanks to drugging)

Psycho Killa
VET TAKES BEAST A TENNNNNNNNN MINUTE DRUG THAT YOU ALMOST ALMOST NEVER GET DRUG HAZE FROM OMG OMG OMG SO UNVIABLE OMG

LETS CHECK HIS ASS INTO A REHAB CLINIC!!

Stop

Being

JEALOUS

HHAHAAH

No I was talking about the people complaining drugs arent viable blah blah.

Also tl40 was changes on test I never actualy checked on retail but im pretty sure it was changed also.

Glok
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Haha you guys sicken me.

Before the psi changes pe's used to take desetrol forte and drug for psi shield/br3 but they where weak little pe's for doing that werent they :rolleyes: I don't know if you were referring to me or not, but I was genuinely interested. Also, I think the TL 40 psi stuff is still the same reqs (I better check that before I get too far on my hybrid...) so PEs can still drug to haz1 etc.

Elric
14-02-04, 19:56
VET TAKES BEAST A TENNNNNNNNN MINUTE DRUG THAT YOU ALMOST ALMOST NEVER GET DRUG HAZE FROM OMG OMG OMG SO UNVIABLE OMG

LETS CHECK HIS ASS INTO A REHAB CLINIC!!

Shitz...

/me goes to phone rehab clinic too...

Glok
14-02-04, 20:00
Also tl40 was changes on test I never actualy checked on retail but im pretty sure it was changed also. I just checked ingame, the TL 40 stuff is still PPU 75, MST 50. Whew. You had me worried. :o

KramerTheWeird
14-02-04, 20:08
Well now with PA's and epic items and such you can obtain resists that were originally only possible by drugging to haz or heat 1, so not many bother drugging to dest forte anymore. Plenty of spies drug to shelter. I must drug twice (or once using kri'nakh nightshade) to use energy soulblade, and I could always drug to armor too but I choose to use armor I don't need to drug to. Does this make me weak or less skilled or something? Drugs come at a price and are expensive too so I think it's legitimite if it's something you normally do. However drugging for a specific duel or for one instance to show you're uber is silly.

evs
14-02-04, 20:15
As per most combat situations in NC

Having the first attack is often 50% of the battle

Elric
14-02-04, 20:17
I guess thats the trick to being a druggy combat spy, always being prepared to fight or drug up and get buffed etc fast. Either that or make sure you have the upper hand and time to prepare by gettin the first shot in.

Dunno, never really used harsh amounts of drugs on a character and usually stopped using them once reaching a desired level.

TWOK
14-02-04, 20:19
The point is Vet is saying pistol spies are good, but only bases it on drug use. How many monks or tanks do you see drugging for PA 4 as a regular setup? they dont need to! You cant measure up a class by what they can achieve WITH drugs.

Elric
14-02-04, 20:21
BVut he has not confirmed whether he is using drugs or not. He said he probably will for shelter but hasnt yet as PSI isnt capped.

steweygrrr
14-02-04, 20:32
I must admit Vet has a point with the combat spy thing. However IMHO it HAS to be a pistol spy to be truly viable for close range toe-to-toe combat because of the faster aiming etc. Added to the fact that pistols generally have a massive rof and can throw out a lot of damage quicker than a rifle can this makes fighting them a very scary prospect i.e. would you rather fight against someone who is kinda slow, armed with a 175 rof rifle (Say a Dissy or something) and has to take longer to aim or someone who is lightning quick, has a massive rof and because of that can pop off shots while running and still more than likey hit because of the quicker aiming? I'd go for option 1 every time

However what I would like to know is how vet got high resists, 400 health AND speed. There just arent enough CON points for that without a MOVEON and PP Res.

VetteroX
14-02-04, 21:06
I use beast for he extra st, (46 base st) but if you wish, I can make a setup that has 49 st with no drugs, uses beam of hell and still rocks.... tbh, many of the people I killed was with beam of hell... I had put my slasher away to fool around vs warbots with a boh, and a capped tank attacks me... i begin shooting him and im like "shit... boh, not slasher... im dead" Then was like "omg... im not missing a shot and this things ripping him to shreds" so i could go for less dex/pc and use beam of hell... no drugs at all. I just happen to like slasher a lot. And, like psycho killa said, beast lasts 10 minutes, and if you do it right you can play an hour before you get a drug flash.... Im biotch atm bitchnizty or whatever your name is, and so far ive been attacked each time, by chran, tt, and TG... I beat the crap out of asen... they just kept comming 1 by 1 to battle dome after i killed the first one (not gred in, came from elsewhere) and I killed em 1 by 1... I guess someones alts.

btw as for speed, low ath high agil... easy... and I didnt say lightning, I said "good speed".... I dunno how to be more detailed then that... fast enough dodge.

DigestiveBiscui
14-02-04, 21:08
4 pages of an ego boost

PEOPLE DONT LEARN

now his ego is bigger then my extremley large willy

forum people = stupid

Archeus
14-02-04, 21:09
Originally posted by Elric
BVut he has not confirmed whether he is using drugs or not. He said he probably will for shelter but hasnt yet as PSI isnt capped.

He's a hard core fighter, of course he is using drugs. He would bleed as much skill points out of the game that was possible.

As for drugs, I find the cheapy ones are the only ones to cause a haze. DF, Concentrated blockers and Flashes dont give me any haze.

KramerTheWeird
14-02-04, 21:14
Originally posted by DigestiveBiscui
4 pages of an ego boost

PEOPLE DONT LEARN

now his ego is bigger then my extremley large willy

forum people = stupid

do yourself a favor

read the thread, or just don't fucking post.

•Super|\|ova•
14-02-04, 21:23
Are you trying to say spies need to be nerferd? Since spies sure shouldn't be able to do that stuff. They are a class meant not in 1 on 1 with a tank for example. And spies would suck without stealth. We need more gadgets like stealth. Spies are supposed to be SPIES after all. Spies need more things that help them really live in their role they are supposed to live in.

lullysing
Veterro, will you stop once and for all to get stealth nerfed to nothingness? to take your own line against you, DEAL WITH IT ! Stealth exists ! Stop trying to make it useless just because it makes it you can't PK as much as you frikking want.

Not just that, but you are, again, comparing apple and oranges. The setup you have is most probably a fully dedicated combat spy, with no tradeskill at all. Spies are the ones that make all the shiny toys you use to kill the other players. The ones that make your shiny toys simply cannot compete unless they fuck over their tradeskills ( in which case, people don't come to them to have shiny things assembled anymore ).

By nerfing stealth to it doing fuck all ( like you keep on bringin up-, day after day after day) you are essentially making sure that less tradeskillers will be available to make stuff, because otherwise they can't even defend themselves properly from whoever wants to implode their weak tradeskilling asses.

Voila !
flames > /dev/null

DigestiveBiscui
ive read the thread - but it a few people saying something different doesnt stop the fact that he will be happy with this amount of replies...and in a couple of days post again saying 'i was out here, owning so and so and this happend'

Psycho Killa
14-02-04, 21:28
Who really cares digestive?

Hes telling the truth.

___T-X____
14-02-04, 21:30

you talk so much shit, i have to restain myself everytime i read your bullshit uber posts. Come to uranus and try your bs...please...please, you really need teaching a good fucking lesson. Why dont you ever post the times you get battered ?. These 'Vet' threads always carry your unmistakeable trademark 'im uber' attitude

Shadow Dancer
14-02-04, 21:39
I wantd to buy a 2nd account to make a pistol spy. If indeed pistol spies can be this effective without drugging, sounds like they are going to be alot of fun.

VetteroX
14-02-04, 21:47
yes, why dont I come to uranus and fight all 12 people that play there? on average, you have the lowest population of any server, except venus. I wouldnt waste my time... Im on 2 servers, pluto and saturn... why dont you come there? I would beat you like every othr fool who says "your nothing" then after I won you would be polite, and say "oh I guess your not a wind bag after all" and start trying to be freindly with me and get my setup.... it happens EVERY TIME.

The post is to explain, through example, that spies can be good fighters.... and i cant see why anyone can be against a 10 second stealth recharge time... if you cant escape in 20 seconds, you suck.

To answer ezzas question, I use 10 second stealth, only when im in dire need.. I dont stealth when someone looks at me. I dont like stealth but my enemies ue it... not using it would put me at a major disadvanatge, but I would love for stealth to be nerfed.

MegaCorp
14-02-04, 22:36
I guess there will always be narrow minded people who, because they have a good setup that does what *they* want it to do, they then figure they are qualified to dictate what other people should do with their own setups and/or call for nerfs on stuff other people use but have *different* setups and goals. This thread is a perfect example. They keep popping up all the time, aimed at different classes. Bunch of one-sided biased horse shit.

Spook

P.S. I am happy for you that you were able to tailor your spy in a way that gives you enjoyment. But your goals do not match mine. So you may not need the extra stealth, but i do, given how i tailored my character and what i use it for. And i contend that mine is just as effective in its own way, as yours is for you.

•Super|\|ova•
14-02-04, 22:53
yes, why dont I come to uranus and fight all 12 people that play there? on average, you have the lowest population of any server, except venus. I wouldnt waste my time... Im on 2 servers, pluto and saturn... why dont you come there? I would beat you like every othr fool who says "your nothing" then after I won you would be polite, and say "oh I guess your not a wind bag after all" and start trying to be freindly with me and get my setup.... it happens EVERY TIME.

The post is to explain, through example, that spies can be good fighters.... and i cant see why anyone can be against a 10 second stealth recharge time... if you cant escape in 20 seconds, you suck.

To answer ezzas question, I use 10 second stealth, only when im in dire need.. I dont stealth when someone looks at me. I dont like stealth but my enemies ue it... not using it would put me at a major disadvanatge, but I would love for stealth to be nerfed.

Hello mister FPS. Stealth isn't only for escaping from a fight. If you can't figure out the rest by yourself then I think you should seriously consider lobotomy as suitable option for you. Only thing that would change is that you no longer couldn't write on these forums about your "really cool" ideas.

Strych9
14-02-04, 23:04
I wont bash Vet again. The bashes basically write themselves now.

But I will just point out that just because a highly skilled player can beat other players with his spy, that doesnt mean stealth should be nerfed. :rolleyes:

Furion
14-02-04, 23:30
I would beat you like every othr fool who says "your nothing" then after I won you would be polite, and say "oh I guess your not a wind bag after all" and start trying to be freindly with me and get my setup.... it happens EVERY TIME.

dude, i know ur a good fighter and would prolly beat me 9 out of 10 times, SO FUCKING WHAT. i still dont respect u, cuz of the sheer stupidity in most of ur posts. as strych9 says, the bashes writes themselves now... im gonna do myself and u a favour and put u on ignore....

___T-X____
14-02-04, 23:43
im gonna do myself and u a favour and put u on ignore....

best idea to come out this post....*puts vet on ignore*

Cyphor
15-02-04, 00:06
Stealth isnt just a tool for escaping it can be used for recon and tactics too...also why do people always want to turn this game into quake? If every char is forced to fight with decent defence/decent damage ratio at close combat then whats the diff between the classes? just 4 ways of doing the same thing *BORING*, i dont think there needs to be a nerf to a spy at all, if anything though raise the inq 1 and shelter to out of their reach i preffer varitey in chars in a mmorpg and nc is already low on it...

Biznatchy
15-02-04, 01:07
I have no problem with the idea that druged and capped spies can be good fighters in the hands of hardcore pvpers. This does not mean much in the terms of wide scope game balance. You put a roach in the hands of some of the best and they will find a way to win with it. Most would smoke it and go get the tank or apu.

Vet uses the idea that spies can make ok fighters with drugs, capped, best rares, in the hands of a full time pvper argument to say stealth should be nerfed is the problem.

Tradeskill spies need stealth end of story. Put a cst 1, 2 ,3 and spec science chips in your head and then go fight a tank.

Psycho Killa
15-02-04, 01:09
So your saying you should be able to be uncapped have tradeskill imps in your head and semi decent rares?...

And be able to kill a capped tank who more then likely has a capped rare himself....

U sir are the one who needs to figure out what balance is.

All i see here is wow you specced a combat spy... (which infact vet has 2 tradeskills underint so thats not entirely true.

Well what about us who recycle/repair/ construct and research we should be able to beat a tank too....

So is that what you think balance is. Being able to repair anything ingame. Construct to cap anything in game and be able to hand a tank who has almost 0 chance of tradeskiling his ass?

I cant beleive some of you guys.

Scikar
15-02-04, 01:09
Well it does beg the question: "Why does a tradeskiller spy expect to come out alive from an encounter with a tank?"

I don't think Vett has a problem with stealth being used for actual spying. What he does have a problem with is stealth being used for invulnerability.

Biznatchy
15-02-04, 01:25
So your saying you should be able to be uncapped have tradeskill imps in your head and semi decent rares?...

And be able to kill a capped tank who more then likely has a capped rare himself....

Now where did i say a tradeskill spy should be a good fighter. No spies should be crap fighters with tools to evade and escape.

Darth Slayer
15-02-04, 01:26
H'mmm My Spy Scorpius is fully capped and Tradeskills and can beat any capped character in the Open. Oh I forget I'm a droner and Vet wants my class nerfed because we can kill him.....:rolleyes:

Biznatchy
15-02-04, 01:26
Originally posted by Scikar

I don't think Vett has a problem with stealth being used for actual spying. What he does have a problem with is stealth being used for invulnerability.

Then take it away from PE's.

Scikar
15-02-04, 01:57
Then take it away from PE's.

You don't think that's been asked for already?

REMUS
15-02-04, 02:32
ive been in awe of spies ever since i met kid brainiac on uranus, didnt realise rifle spies could take so much damn damage!

when i first started on uranus i think it was dec 2002, i had the idea of a full combat spy, i ran through the idea with QD and i started the project but never finished my spy becuase the leveling was soul destroying, but i can see how far its come with people like nonamebrandeggs and saza on pluto makeing a small but real impression on pvp with a spy.

i cant say i would belive you killed a ppu unless i saw it with my own eyes, but i know spys can beat tanks pes and apus without any amazing excess of skill, although i would say that drugs are pretty much a requirement of a good spy set up :(

Psycho Killa
15-02-04, 03:05
If you seen how much damage a executioner does ( I do 48 damage to a tank on a cracked out pe that doesnt even come relatively close to capping damage never mind rof, not to mention its pretty damn rapid fire and thats with nowhere near close capped rof.)

Combine that with a tl3 heal and I certainly beleive its possible. Not to mention slasher is a sick as hell gun now.

Cliffraiser
15-02-04, 04:09
Originally posted by LTA
I know of a couple of spies that have faught capped tanks and the tanks arent exactly skill less and he's won.
I've seen him take about the same from a cs as a pe prolly a little more but hes beat plenty and the ones he loses to are generally because they are very good tanks and shouldn't lose with a cs basically :p

then id like to fight that spy, cuz the moment i die to a spy in a 1 on 1 toe to toe im quitting neocron

KramerTheWeird
15-02-04, 04:15
lol time to roll a spy :lol:

Cliffraiser
15-02-04, 04:19
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
lol time to roll a spy :lol:

bring it on :D

\\Fényx//
15-02-04, 04:26
Cliff

Fight K4f on pluto, he WILL beat you... I fought him with my PE when I had one of my sweetest setups, I was takin out tanks and APUs with that setup left right and center, I fought K4f with it, I got every single god damn shot i made with my judge to make contact with him, every shot hit, he still beat me ... O_o He has one sick setup for a duelist pistol spy ...

He stood infront of some tank that was with us at took 56ish from a CS burst, how many spy's you seen take 2 CS clips ? 8| o_O

Cliffraiser
15-02-04, 04:28
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Cliff

Fight K4f on pluto, he WILL beat you... I fought him with my PE when I had one of my sweetest setups, I was takin out tanks and APUs with that setup left right and center, I fought K4f with it, I got every single god damn shot i made with my judge to make contact with him, every shot hit, he still beat me ... O_o He has one sick setup for a duelist pistol spy ...

He stood infront of some tank that was with us at took 56ish from a CS burst, how many spy's you seen take 2 CS clips ? 8| o_O

id very much doubt it, i know hes good, but i just dont think hed beat me when i get 100% locks down.

Bl@zed
15-02-04, 04:29
fight Divide on saturn, he's just about the only close range rifle combat spy that can easily ruin a tanks reputation.

Peeping Tom
15-02-04, 04:51
*G* thx fenyzx :P ( i lomed my uber drugger spy btw.. so im down to 2 drugs now)
i must say im dead curious about hows your setup is vet.. and which drugs\imps\pa you do :)
and yes combat spies owns.. and you can evne do some trade skill with pistol spies.. but try and do the same with rifles and its blows ( for my atleast )
my rifle spy hero is Divide
K4F

arr arr im drunk and i love you all

kurai
15-02-04, 09:58
Most of the setup stuff is what I've been saying for a long while - it was the reason I kept pushing at Callash to reverse the decision not to bother with Pistol PA for spies when KK were originally deciding stats.
Got a lot of people spouting the same, tired old "spies R tradeskill bitches and I can kill em with a fart" type nonsense, but meh ... fucktards have never been in short supply.

For close, one on one, or small unit fights pistol spies rock.

However - without stealth they suck the big one in larger battles/op wars - just a waste of a PPU's time and effort.

It's fairly obvious from the way he still keeps individual bodycounts (that's almost sweet, in a way ;)) that Vet is of the former rather than latter persuasion.
Judge his opinions accordingly.

Archeus
15-02-04, 10:37
I don't have a problem with droners. I had one try to kill me yesterday. I just stealthed and followed his drone back to his meat sack (they hate dropping rares). Then when he launched his drone out to go and find me again he got a commando shot to the back of the skull at point blank followed by two shots of a Rezas Gaze.

•Super|\|ova•
15-02-04, 10:48
If you seen how much damage a executioner does ( I do 48 damage to a tank on a cracked out pe that doesnt even come relatively close to capping damage never mind rof, not to mention its pretty damn rapid fire and thats with nowhere near close capped rof.)

Combine that with a tl3 heal and I certainly beleive its possible. Not to mention slasher is a sick as hell gun now.

Nope. Combine it with TL3 heal and it's lame.

LTA
15-02-04, 12:10
then id like to fight that spy, cuz the moment i die to a spy in a 1 on 1 toe to toe im quitting neocron

Roll a char on uranus then say over trade, there's a couple of spies about i am sure you will find one of the 4 odd i am speakin of.

get ready to quit :p

Darth Slayer
15-02-04, 12:13
Originally posted by Archeus
I don't have a problem with droners. I had one try to kill me yesterday. I just stealthed and followed his drone back to his meat sack (they hate dropping rares). Then when he launched his drone out to go and find me again he got a commando shot to the back of the skull at point blank followed by two shots of a Rezas Gaze.

:lol: That has to be one dumb droner........:D

Scorpius.

___T-X____
15-02-04, 12:18
how many spy's you seen take 2 CS clips ?

Kid Brainiac on Uranus.......

Cliffraiser
15-02-04, 12:19
Originally posted by LTA
Roll a char on uranus then say over trade, there's a couple of spies about i am sure you will find one of the 4 odd i am speakin of.

get ready to quit :p

guess its time to roll a tank on uranus then, o yeah could nebody sort me with equipment? :p

Elric
15-02-04, 12:54
Bah, Back in work now :mad: , bonus is, also ready to spam the forums again :D

Anyways, Morning all ;)

Please note, I hate you all for making me remember how viable spies really are (when you can be arsed levelling the fuckers) and making me think about reactivating my account again.

now to decide what kind of spy to make... droner or pistol.... and buying a second account to do it on... (i aint deleting me tank on pluto, too much stuff on him to lose, and tanks are fun sometimes) and also to think about it a bit more....

I may be back in NC within the next few months. ( depends on cashflow i guess, and of course whether beta for "that other game that Im not allowed to say the name of" starts before then ;) )

steweygrrr
15-02-04, 13:06
Originally posted by lullysing
Veterro, will you stop once and for all to get stealth nerfed to nothingness? to take your own line against you, DEAL WITH IT ! Stealth exists ! Stop trying to make it useless just because it makes it you can't PK as much as you frikking want.

Not just that, but you are, again, comparing apple and oranges. The setup you have is most probably a fully dedicated combat spy, with no tradeskill at all. Spies are the ones that make all the shiny toys you use to kill the other players. The ones that make your shiny toys simply cannot compete unless they fuck over their tradeskills ( in which case, people don't come to them to have shiny things assembled anymore ).

By nerfing stealth to it doing fuck all ( like you keep on bringin up-, day after day after day) you are essentially making sure that less tradeskillers will be available to make stuff, because otherwise they can't even defend themselves properly from whoever wants to implode their weak tradeskilling asses.

Voila !
flames > /dev/null

are you even listening? he said he has barter and ress as tradeskills, he says he used stealth, and he says he used a spy.....where in that does it say nerf stealth, tradeskill spies are stupid and we should all be combat spies? Read before you post.

Clownst0pper
15-02-04, 13:07
Weeeeee another ego trip by Vetterox,

Your obviously fighting shit characters, cos spys go down quicker than britney spears.

Well vs me anyway :rolleyes: :lol:

LTA
15-02-04, 13:10
Originally posted by steweygrrr
where in that does it say nerf stealth,
Read before you post.

Someonewhere in the first post

"Im sick of the stealth excuse "spies have to stealth to live" because its just not true... plz add a 10-20 second recharge time between stealthings so as gotter loves to say, "adapt or die" learn to make a spy that can take some hits and fight back or die and let people have thier kill." which sounds nerflike to me,

are you sure its others who need to read before they post?

VetteroX
15-02-04, 13:16
Would you like a duel then? Ive never even heard of you... your chars are like koro and ikari or something right? ive heard the names but never heard of you pking or dueling... so if you want a fight, we can do it. When are you even on? ive not seen thoes chars (if they are yours) in neocron or in the wastes.... im usually on between 3pm and 3am eastern... not the whole time span but usualy at different times in there... you know my names, if you want a duel you can have one. btw... by your sig it seems you use lame of lat hope... unless things are messed up on test server, according to my tests, its finnaly getting the nerf it deservers next patch.

•Super|\|ova•
15-02-04, 13:21
Would you like a duel then? Ive never even heard of you... your chars are like koro and ikari or something right? ive heard the names but never heard of you pking or dueling... so if you want a fight, we can do it. When are you even on? ive not seen thoes chars (if they are yours) in neocron or in the wastes.... im usually on between 3pm and 3am eastern... not the whole time span but usualy at different times in there... you know my names, if you want a duel you can have one. btw... by your sig it seems you use lame of lat hope... unless things are messed up on test server, according to my tests, its finnaly getting the nerf it deservers next patch.

Man using TL3 heal on a PPU talking about lame weapons :rolleyes: anyways... it seems that if anyone disagreees with you all you are able to do is to ask the guy to duel with you :lol: now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that "pretty" immature and stupid :cool:

mdares
15-02-04, 13:24
u know wuts a good pk char? a droner with a sweet con setup and stealth :p

get hit; drop drone; stealth; launch; search and destroy; rinse and repeat.

but yeah spies are almost always underestimated... big mistake... dunt believe me?

wait till next patch :D

steweygrrr
15-02-04, 13:34
Originally posted by LTA
Someonewhere in the first post

"Im sick of the stealth excuse "spies have to stealth to live" because its just not true... plz add a 10-20 second recharge time between stealthings so as gotter loves to say, "adapt or die" learn to make a spy that can take some hits and fight back or die and let people have thier kill." which sounds nerflike to me,

are you sure its others who need to read before they post?

Thats not nerfing....thats balancing. Its hardly balanced that a spy (and I play a spy) can use a 60 second stealth then immediately use a stealth 3. There should be some kind of recharge period or inhibitor to prevent immediate restealthing.

Q`alooaith
15-02-04, 13:44
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Man using TL3 heal on a PPU talking about lame weapons

It might be lame, but then having a PPU laugh in your face, and stand still while just putting a holy heal on himself and nothing else is also pretty lame..

Holy heal take's what, two second's to cast, and over 15 second's can heal what, somthing like 500 or 1000 health point's.. (50 per tick, 15 tick's = 750, near enough)

TL3 healing is a valid tactic, PPU's complain that it's lame because it negate's their holy heal for 15 second's, wow..

So killing using TL3 heal's take's some skill, you've not only got to get the TL3 heal off on them, but you've got to then blast their leg's so they don't run, and kill them before 16 or so second's is up, else they have the holy heal back on.. though if your quick you can get em with a holy heal on, if you hit em fast and hard enough...

•Super|\|ova•
15-02-04, 13:50
It might be lame, but then having a PPU laugh in your face, and stand still while just putting a holy heal on himself and nothing else is also pretty lame..

Holy heal take's what, two second's to cast, and over 15 second's can heal what, somthing like 500 or 1000 health point's.. (50 per tick, 15 tick's = 750, near enough)

TL3 healing is a valid tactic, PPU's complain that it's lame because it negate's their holy heal for 15 second's, wow..

So killing using TL3 heal's take's some skill, you've not only got to get the TL3 heal off on them, but you've got to then blast their leg's so they don't run, and kill them before 16 or so second's is up, else they have the holy heal back on.. though if your quick you can get em with a holy heal on, if you hit em fast and hard enough...

You know... I think you have no idea what PPUs are supposed to do. Think about it. I can't be arsed to go further about this with you if you can't figure it out. It would end up in flaming ;)

Q`alooaith
15-02-04, 13:55
You know... I think you have no idea what PPUs are supposed to do. Think about it. I can't be arsed to go further about this with you if you can't figure it out. It would end up in flaming ;)

In other word's you can't think of a good rebuttle wtihout resorting to insult's and flame's yourself...

PPU's are not the god class, they are the healer class, the supporter class.. TL3 heal is the only effective way to take one down solo with a spy, tank or PE, yes there are other way's, but not so effective, a tank using posion for example, though a good PPU will counter it with anti posion santum.. TL3 heal work's, TL3 heal give's 15 second's to make a kill..

TL3 heal, is not lame... It's called this because it works, a good PPU can survive it, most of the time, a not so good PPU, who don't know what they are playing at without their heal? well they suffer the most.. and they complain about how lame it is the most..

•Super|\|ova•
15-02-04, 14:01
In other word's you can't think of a good rebuttle wtihout resorting to insult's and flame's yourself...

PPU's are not the god class, they are the healer class, the supporter class.. TL3 heal is the only effective way to take one down solo with a spy, tank or PE, yes there are other way's, but not so effective, a tank using posion for example, though a good PPU will counter it with anti posion santum.. TL3 heal work's, TL3 heal give's 15 second's to make a kill..

TL3 heal, is not lame... It's called this because it works.

*sigh* Ok, you flamed me into this :lol: Look, if you don't have enough skill to cast a debuff on the PPU and take him down or use the damn anti-heal drone and kill him/her then shut the hell up. Where does it say that every loner out of any class should be able to kill a PPU? PPUs are the hardest class to level and cap not to mention you can't basically kill anyone with one. In my opinion they deserve to be uber in the defense side since they can't basically do any damage on anyone. TL3-"tactic" will be made impossible eventually. Why? It doesn't make any sense atm. Sheesh...

phunqe
15-02-04, 14:08
I've read through the whole post and I fail to find how a spy can get 400HP and 100+ in all resists except PSN.

Have I missed anything fundamental?

Sefran
15-02-04, 14:15
He was saying he ownz capped players with a PPU i think he forgot to mention that :lol:

kurai
15-02-04, 16:02
Originally posted by phunqe
I've read through the whole post and I fail to find how a spy can get 400HP and 100+ in all resists except PSN.

Have I missed anything fundamental? PA, heavy belt, MoveOn and enough strength imps/drugs to get Inq1 armour on.

steweygrrr
15-02-04, 16:13

TL3 heal, is not lame... It's called this because it works, a good PPU can survive it, most of the time, a not so good PPU, who don't know what they are playing at without their heal? well they suffer the most.. and they complain about how lame it is the most..

why does anyone need to PK a PPU. They cant figh back...theres no fun in that.

phunqe
15-02-04, 16:43
Originally posted by kurai
PA, heavy belt, MoveOn and enough strength imps/drugs to get Inq1 armour on.

ok, I didn't count armour resists.

kurai
16-02-04, 00:42
Originally posted by phunqe
ok, I didn't count armour resists. Ah - I assumed he was counting combined armour/resist totals.

If he isn't, and is just counting specced resist points then it's pure bullshit. ;)

Saito Hajime
16-02-04, 02:14
What Vet forgot to mention was that the PPU was either syncronizing, just finished off a tough mob, or was fighting with his eyes tied behind his back.

KramerTheWeird
16-02-04, 03:46
What Saito forgot to mention is that he's secretly in love with Vet and wants his babies.

ezza
16-02-04, 13:11
Originally posted by Saito Hajime
What Vet forgot to mention was that the PPU was either syncronizing, just finished off a tough mob, or was fighting with his eyes tied behind his back. not all ppus are godlike at high level, ive killed 3 dumb ppus in the past week on my melee tank, its not impossible, and if you time your attack for just as there buffs drop they can be dropped real quick

Original monk
16-02-04, 13:27
-vetterox: i own, i own with spy's, i own with monks, i own with tanks, i own in pvp, i own on the forums, i own newbies, i own ppu's, i own the world, i own owning, i own vets, i own people saying i dont own em, i own people thinking they own me, i own every m*tha*ucka that plays this game ...

-original: whateva

ciao

SorkZmok
16-02-04, 13:53
guess its time to roll a tank on uranus then, o yeah could nebody sort me with equipment? :p
Name that uranus tank "Victim" :D

Can't help you out with stuff though. Me is a poor spy with no tradeskills. ;)

robdekoning
16-02-04, 17:27
Originally posted by Original monk
-vetterox: i own, i own with spy's, i own with monks, i own with tanks, i own in pvp, i own on the forums, i own newbies, i own ppu's, i own the world, i own owning, i own vets, i own people saying i dont own em, i own people thinking they own me, i own every m*tha*ucka that plays this game ...

-original: whateva

ciao
hahahahahahahahaha yeah...vet has to shut up

SynC_187
16-02-04, 18:40
A really good PPU is hard to kill solo.

An alright PPU can be done fairly easy with most chars.

Take APU vs PPU:

Couple of stacks of poison, PPU casts antipoison.
While he's doing that switch to FA, he tries to heal.
Cast more poison, he goes back to antipoison.
etc etc.

After doing this a few times anything but a really good PPU gets flustered and confused and fucks up. Worked for me quite a few times.

To the person saying why bother killing a PPU:

Coz if they're a real enemy, they'll stand there shocking you until re-enforcements come.

Edit: After posting this it'll probably work even less ^^

Archeus
16-02-04, 18:48
Originally posted by SynC_187

A really good PPU should never be in a position where they are solo. If they are solo, odds on thier team is dead in which case they are not a good ppu.

extract
16-02-04, 18:49
Originally posted by SynC_187

An alright PPU can be done fairly easy with most chars.

Take APU vs PPU:

Couple of stacks of poison, PPU casts antipoison.
While he's doing that switch to FA, he tries to heal.
Cast more poison, he goes back to antipoison.
etc etc.

After doing this a few times anything but a really good PPU gets flustered and confused and fucks up. Worked for me quite a few times.

actually thats the description to kill a ppu who hasnt a clue....the minute i see an enemy class regardless if Im alone the cath sanctum goes up immediately....

VetteroX
16-02-04, 19:37
some of you really are senseless... of course the resists I said are with armor... I mean wtf? Thats like saying "I really went from new york to boston fast, was usually going over 75 mph" "oh... so were your running or in a car?" well what the fuck do you think? why dont you try to reason it out. As for the ppu, I killed him the way I told you. he decided to laugh at me, and while he tryped, he got tl 3 healed and pounded with executioner, that was that. and yes, when the ppu was trying to ress the tgs i had just killed, you want to kill him... he tried to ress, i shot him, he holy healed, dodged around, holy healed, dodged around, then stopd and was like "noob" "dumbshit" "lolololol spy" and then got owned.

Psycho Killa
16-02-04, 19:45
I killed a ppu on my melee pe with a just paw of tiger because he didnt take me seriously :D

•Super|\|ova•
16-02-04, 20:10
Just FYI I can beat everyone in everything... I can even sneeze at the same time. Can you? Oh and Vet, my cat can beat your dog in a fight! Oh, have I told you about the fact that I am best in everything yet? If you ask politely I could post about that subject once in awhile and even make cool posts out of it.

Sigma
16-02-04, 21:08
Just FYI has anyone already told you to STFU?

•Super|\|ova•
16-02-04, 22:03
Originally posted by Sigma
Just FYI has anyone already told you to STFU?

Yeah but they were just some n00bs who whine because I'm the best in everything so I just ignore them.

Sigma
16-02-04, 22:09
so basicly you are pissed off because vet gets more attention then you

Gotterdammerung
16-02-04, 22:20
9 pages long. lets not start getting goofy now, ok ?

•Super|\|ova•
17-02-04, 20:18
so basicly you are pissed off because vet gets more attention then you

I'm not pissed off at all since I know I beat everyone in everything.

Lethys
17-02-04, 20:22
Spies should be effective in combat without turning themselves into mini-tanks or PEs :rolleyes:

Sigma
17-02-04, 20:36
I'm not pissed off at all since I know I beat everyone in everything.

nope, because u suck at trolling and flaming :)

•Super|\|ova•
17-02-04, 20:37
nope, because u suck at trolling and flaming :)

Says a man who wont fight me! Lets duel and it proves that I'm a better singer than you are!

SorkZmok
17-02-04, 20:44
Originally posted by Lethys
Spies should be effective in combat without turning themselves into mini-tanks or PEs :rolleyes:
Imo they are. They just can be mini-tanks if they use drugs and change the "usual" spy setup...

Sigma
17-02-04, 20:52
Says a man who wont fight me! Lets duel and it proves that I'm a better singer than you are!

sure log on saturn and we'll see :p

•Super|\|ova•
17-02-04, 21:42
sure log on saturn and we'll see :p

Ok, since I have only mid and low level characters on Saturn atm I shall dump my role now. Look, I was just being a Vet-like character for awhile there. Retarded way of behaviour isn't it? :D

suler
17-02-04, 22:40
Dueling is the refined gentlemen way of settling disputes.

Jest
17-02-04, 22:53
Originally posted by suler
Dueling is the refined gentlemen way of settling disputes. Shooting people in the back while they are hacking a Warbot is mine. :eek:

Sigma
17-02-04, 23:27
Ok, since I have only mid and low level characters on Saturn atm I shall dump my role now. Look, I was just being a Vet-like character for awhile there. Retarded way of behaviour isn't it? :D

its easy to counter thats for sure :D

Gotterdammerung
17-02-04, 23:30
sigma & nova. take it to pm's

mdares
17-02-04, 23:52
Originally posted by steweygrrr
why does anyone need to PK a PPU. They cant figh back...theres no fun in that.

it is a huge accomplishment for a spy tho... i mean shit man only way to kill a ppu with a spy is either hope to get em with buffs and heals off using SH or tl3 heal them then pwn... heck i killled 2 ppus on my droner at an op fight and i felt really good about it because "hey look! a weak little spy can kill an arguably most well defended class in the game!"

but yeah i'll admit; if ur really a good ppu, i dont think ANYTHING can take u down... (not dev either tbh since if u keep moving and have a shelter nad heal going, and have a decent resist setup, u cant die... I think its the resists aspect that most ppus neglect since they think with shelter and heal they are t3h ub3r l337; second most likely neglected is shelter; they believe heals are all they need when correctly heals are just to make up for that 1-2 second gap when ur shelter is off and ur trying to recast it)