PDA

View Full Version : crashing ALOT worse since the latest patch...

Invertigo
14-02-04, 11:08
i dunno why...it just seems like my FRE's have doubled if not tripled...

a couple patches ago i remember it being alot better, i would only FRE like once a day, but now it will happen litterially 8 times a day again...like it used to several patches ago...

ill crash syncing into pepper park ALOT more

ill crash logging of ALOT ALOT ALOT more, like a 50-50 chance ill FRE when i log off...

ill crash when just standing completly still in an empty plaza 2.

ill crash when running thru a zone, normally my comp will chop a lil but then bam FRE...

sooooooooo.... what happend?

g0rt
14-02-04, 11:20
alot today on my end too

i think lag was more to blame, as usual...seems the more i lag, the more i fre...i SWEAR that fre'ing has to do with lag, i bet you could play hte offline demo for 6 months straight without crashing...

with that said, fix the lag :D

Bl@zed
14-02-04, 11:28
yeah i crashed a shitload today as well. Mostly when synching into outpost zones and during fights, when getting the black sync. This shit SERIOUSLY needs to be fixed KK, if you EVER want to up the player base of your game. :mad:

g0rt
14-02-04, 11:37
Originally posted by Bl@zed
yeah i crashed a shitload today as well. Mostly when synching into outpost zones and during fights, when getting the black sync. This shit SERIOUSLY needs to be fixed KK, if you EVER want to up the player base of your game. :mad:

Agreed.

Based ont he amount of us that crashed going into Deveroux zone today, I would say there is honestly about a 40% chance of crashing when zoning into an already BUSY zone.

Not good. Should be a 5% max, if not 1%.

n3m
14-02-04, 11:43
Same here, last night in chaos caves with a 57ping, I'd suddenly get the black synchronising screen...

g0rt
14-02-04, 11:45
Originally posted by n3m
Same here, last night in chaos caves with a 57ping, I'd suddenly get the black synchronising screen...

god i wish i got a nice ping like that

never got under 120 ping over here in canada....and i only get 120 on a good day usually more like 130-150

damn german servers :mad:

Bl@zed
14-02-04, 11:54
i average about 180 ping, and crash way more than i should. Even today when i was lvling in the caves, i crashed a good 3 times while fighting mobs. Theres no excuse for that shit. :rolleyes:

Alpha-Omega
14-02-04, 12:04
well, it seems i'm not the only one having a crash-tastic time then :)

but seriously, the crashes are LOADS worse now.

I used to crash maybe once a day on loadup (because i forget to wait for the web-page to load before i punch da button) but now i am getting CTDs, sound driver crashes, freezes, synch-outs every hour or so and even the odd blue screen.

ou7blaze
14-02-04, 13:30
I wonder if Martin (CEO of KK) actually plays this fucking bugged up hellhole game he has created and realised how fucking UNSTABLE IT IS.

Please I beg you, play it and FIX it.

MjukisDjur
14-02-04, 13:38
I dont experience any more problems now then the last 10 patches.
I do crash more often on Saturn than on Pluto though.

MegaCorp
14-02-04, 22:44
I long ago concluded that KK has neither the people nor the expertise to fix the major problems with this game. It is also clear that they have little to no internal quality assurance people, and instead rely on their customers to look for bugs on the test server after a programmer whips out new code with only a small amount of personal testing. As a result, lots of new bugs appear, and very often stuff they declare to be fixed is still broken because they have no rigorous approach to bug fixing and verification. Now, i might be wrong about all this, but if so, the results are so pathetic, month after month, ever since release, that it might as well be this way.

Spook

Marx
15-02-04, 00:01
God forbid its a connection issue.

:rolleyes:

Scikar
15-02-04, 00:10
This happens after every single patch. It always makes someone's game more unstable, or somehow increases their ping dramatically.

I have the same FPS, I have the same steady 220 56k ping, and I have the same no crashes except when using dodgy parts of the ingame forums.

Finl
15-02-04, 00:22
i think i made my personal record in 5min / crash, 7 times, was bugged somehow or so.

click trade -fatal, click door - fatal and so on