PDA

View Full Version : I miss my LE

greploco
14-02-04, 08:32
I miss my LE, why?

it's cause I can't fight and I'm no good?

uh, no

it's cause 95% of the fights I'm in are where I'm hunting and at about 1/2 health, usually less than that, and someone rushes me with full health and full buffs. this is lame pvp and from time to time I'd like to opt out of it, or at the very least have the option to opt out of it.

is my reputation bad? have I "done people wrong"?

no

all this has to do with is idiots crusing around and picking the fights that only they can win. it's not even about the item drop either, cause I'm usually in a warzone.

that's the way this game is? remember their names and gank them later?

that doesn't quite work...

I've never seen these fools before and I pretty much don't see them again. by the time I get back to the scene of the crime they are gone anyways.

Saito Hajime
14-02-04, 10:02
Nicely stated
and a perfect example of the FPS player I've been talking about all night. I wish they would just release a new badass fps to draw these clowns away.

Cytaur
14-02-04, 10:23
in soviet russia, LE misses you

nonamebrandeggs
14-02-04, 10:26
Don't insult people's playing styles just because you can't understand them.

(That was aimed at Saito)

Strych9
14-02-04, 10:36
What in the WORLD is there to understand?

Getting attacked while engaging mobs by players is pretty easy to understand.

What is he missing?

fatwreck
14-02-04, 10:45
when im out "pking" i neveer attack someone whos hunting unless i knoew the clan/name or if its been known on nc-trade cause of other people annoucning my presence somewhere and they know that they shouldnt be there. some people dont need to be f'ed with jsut cause they are red and in a non-safe zone.

shot in the dark.... but is this on saturn? ive notice that most of the random pking upon helpless/wounded victums happens there. to my knowladge uranus dosnt have a very bad problem with this

sparrowtm
14-02-04, 10:45
Waah waah the world is unfair waaaah I only want to fight when chances are equal waah waah thread no.817 :p

Seriously. Neocron lives from the danger surrounding my character 24/7, may it be my RP-enemy, my PvP-enemy, my RP/PvP-enemy, a mob, the fatals, or whatever comes to mind. Fairness is not something this scenario is about. Deal with it. Or play SWG. This is what I do when I want a few peaceful hours. :)

Strych9
14-02-04, 10:51
Originally posted by sparrowtm
Waah waah the world is unfair waaaah I only want to fight when chances are equal waah waah thread no.817 :p

Seriously. Neocron lives from the danger surrounding my character 24/7, may it be my RP-enemy, my PvP-enemy, my RP/PvP-enemy, a mob, the fatals, or whatever comes to mind. Fairness is not something this scenario is about. Deal with it. Or play SWG. This is what I do when I want a few peaceful hours. :) THis is an RPG. Read the forum response right above yours... are you mocking him for actually having a RP reason to kill someone that is out hunting?

As long as this game is a RP game and not a mindless FPS, then people *should* have a RP reason for killing other runners.

Explain to fatwreck why he is in the wrong for saying
when im out "pking" i neveer attack someone whos hunting unless i knoew the clan/name or if its been known on nc-trade cause of other people annoucning my presence somewhere and they know that they shouldnt be there. some people dont need to be f'ed with jsut cause they are red and in a non-safe zone

sparrowtm
14-02-04, 10:59
I was not replying to fatwreck but to the original thread-starter.

1.) Yes, this is an RPG. I am a very active RPer on Jupiter.
2.) Yes, you should have a reason to kill someone.
3.) No, this reason does not need to involve fairness.

nonamebrandeggs
14-02-04, 11:06
And that reason for killing someone could be because they are Red, because they are a a moron, because they are a scammer, or because you just really like to PK, and much much more.

Therefore it is impossible not to have a reason to kill someone, just maybe you don't agree with that reason.

sparrowtm
14-02-04, 11:10
Also I think sometimes people don't realize that in this game the players have by FAR the best options to have their revenge on someone who betrayed their chars, robbed their chars, murdered their chars, insulted their chars - without having to write a customer service ticket and moan about it. What those options are?

Plot against them. Mob them. Kill 'em. Makes you feel better, really. Trust me. You should try it. :angel:

g0rt
14-02-04, 11:16
I don't miss LE's.

I really don't miss seeing a TG fighting against me at cycrow in an op fight, then coming back later that day with a LE in and leveling in the crp caves, which are clearly BD territory.

Exploit tbh.

Good riddance LE exploiters.

As for getting ganked while fighting, it sucks really....but I question where your hunting. I am quite hated on saturn, ALOT of people really dont like my clan, and really don't like me for that matter. Alot of people on the forum really don't like me too. Yet I rarely, and by rarely i mean once a month MAX usually less, get ganked while fighting mobs.

I think its all in where you choose to PvM, you may want to consider trying some new "out of hte way" places, or maybe fighting during prime time, and hunting for techs when the servers population is below 200

Mighty Max
14-02-04, 11:27
Back to the topic,

The new rule of disabled reimplanting the LE is a major backstab for us who dont want to be part of PvP. I have learned tho that some ppl just dont understand that you dicide to wear the LE due to moral reasons.

Always when i tell about why i wear that chip, ppl only see "Ohh, this noob leveling help?". The LE is not a leveling help. i use it to explore the world around Neocron in my way. I always get a bad feeling if i kill a player, even if he attacked me first, so i want to avoid this situation, i wear the LE.

The <30 rule on implanting now hit me hard. I am not able to take part in any Faction but next anymore. In every other i have to kill someone and therefor take the LE out. Before this patch i could kill one of my alts so i dont have to go against an innocent player ...

Some ppl are not willing to let LE'ed players hunt for Rares, for MC5 parts, no they want us not be allowed to leave the city. Infact i have to take a choice i dont really wonna do. I've been addicted to the game a long time now, i have helped the players and the devs whereever i could. But this _racism_ against LE wearing players get too much for me lately.

And g0rt, wearing a LE in BD territory is ffs no exploit. It may annoy you that you cant gank him, but he cant kill you either, nor cant he take over the region ... [Edited - Ulle]

g0rt
14-02-04, 11:31
Originally posted by Mighty Max

And g0rt, wearing a LE in BD territory is ffs no exploit. It may annoy you that you cant gank him, but he cant kill you either, nor cant he take over the region ... [Edited For Consistancy - Ulle]

[Edited]

Im not saying wearing a LE in BD territory is an exploit. Did I say that? No..please use your brain and read. I said that fighting BD when a person wants, then putting in a LE and walking around with those BD in *thier* territory when they want is an exploit. You want to fight BD, go ahead, but live with the consequences. You don't want to fight BD, keep your LE in and stick around, as long as your not my enemy I don't care.

No matter what you say, fighting someone then putting in a LE in order to avoid further confrontation is an exploit, especially when the user SPECIFICALLY choses to hang around the enemy.

Everyone keeps saying the same thing to me...we take SL because this is a world where you must live with CONSEQUENCES for your ACTIONS. So fine, then why should people be able to put in LE's and not have to deal with the consequences of who they attacked before they put in the LE? Oh yeah...people shouldn't be able to do that, and KK made it so they couldn't...one of hte smartest things KK has ever done.

Richard Blade
14-02-04, 16:48
I see no difference between that TG fighting you one day, and having an LE and leveling in the crp than I see between your clan PK'ing noobs one day, then standing around a Plaza safezone the next.
Well, now that player can't level without grief.
You can still hang around Plaza without penalty.
You can still gank noobies that are trying to level in the plaza areas.
To me, it's you who are exploiting game mechanics.

O_o See how stupid and baseless your comment is? About as stupid as mine. You tell someone to use their brain? Take your own advice next time.

I don't miss LE's.

I really don't miss seeing a TG fighting against me at cycrow in an op fight, then coming back later that day with a LE in and leveling in the crp caves, which are clearly BD territory.

Exploit tbh.

Good riddance LE exploiters.

Im not saying wearing a LE in BD territory is an exploit. Did I say that? No..please use your brain and read.

Umm, yes, I believe you said that it's an exploit.

Edit:
Back on topic. It's a harsh cruel world out there. But, it's too small and there aren't enough people inhabiting it. So, naturally people who are trying to collect rares or level get ganked by the type of player who seems to think that a fair fight is him, his two buddies, and a PPU against a half wounded hunter who isn't even in his PvP armor. Yeah, that's fun. The victim has no chance to fight back. I think that is the usual behaviour of a bully in the school yard.
I wouldn't be upset if they gave their target a chance to heal up and buff up with what he can. Let him know he's in danger. It will still be a ganking with the normal odds that they attack with, but at least he had a chance.

metalangel
14-02-04, 17:11
They could at least tell you who killed you. So you don't get ppl coming back to the scene a few moments later asking 'did anyone see that tank?'

Zanathos
14-02-04, 17:34
Happened an hour ago.

I log on my tank at gravis swamp, I have my 300k to switch to City Admin (im black dragon)

when i log on, im doing nothing but syncronizing, who is around me? 2 city mercs, an apu and ppu (figures :rolleyes: )

i log back on again, still syncronizing, there attacking me (figures :rolleyes: )

the armor on my character was nothing more than what i get from bones and a viper king vest.

i log back on again, oh look, no more syncronizing, oh look, im dead. (figures :rolleyes: )

but thats besides the point

just because I was an enemy, and i so happened to have logged on at that moment in front of 2 city mercs, they decided, hey, lets kill this guy who just logged on and probably is not ready to defend himself.

another example, on pluto.

here i am, on my melee tank, minding my own business, killing a couple thousand launcher cyclops minding my own business.

After awhile, i see 2 tangent runners (an apu and ppu.... figures :rolleyes: ) since i am also black dragon on pluto, the two tangent runners were not enemies to me.

At first, they arent doing anything to me, I dont do anything to them, I just mind my own business hacking away at all these launcher cyclops (and believe me, there was ALOT)

hmm... my health is getting low, i should prolly back away from these launchers and heal myself.

oh wait? whats this i see in my communicator? bye? why is he saying bye?

whatever, back to killing launcher cyclops

HEY! why am i on fire?

why is he saying bye again?

theres no fire mobs around me?

oh.......

its the apu attacking me when i have 150 health surrounded by 3 launcher cyclops and now a warbot.

real nice.....

course theres also been other numerous times where im just minding my own business, hunting mobs, and guess what? Im usually attacked by enemy runners while fighting a mob and have low health!

Oh yeah, then theres also the low level ganking i had to deal with when my characters were low level.

hmm, what challenge does an assault rifle using spy being attacked by hurlers and butchees and cyclops in the storage halls present to a mid level pistol pe and rifle spy (both higher level than me) (ah well, i got my revenge)

its people like this that bring this game down and away from what it could be.

Richard Blade
14-02-04, 18:49
It would be nice if the game could recognize that someone was stuck in synchro and have some function where they wouldn't take damage. Unless it was already there, like poison. That would prevent zoning.

GR'ing wouldn't be affected by it because you only take the SI hit after the synchro is gone.

Saito Hajime
14-02-04, 19:03
Don't insult people's playing styles just because you can't understand them.

whats so mystic about some assclown who is 20 lvls or more higher attacking me from behind during or RIGHT after a fight, and deciding that my body is a cool place to hang out. even better when they are neutral or aligned faction

What exactly is there to understand?

seems pretty basic to me, I can understand the style of play, what I cannot understand is why assclowns like that dont just play planetside or some other actual FPS.

oh wait, yes I can, on a level playing field they get thier rears plugged.

pretty simple.

greploco
14-02-04, 19:05
yes, I know most of these kills are faction based. "it's a faction thing" is pretty much the answer. that's part of the game, etc.

but I'll stick to my guns, it is absolutly true that 95% of these kills are when I'm fighting a grim or something similar and at less than half health - and they rush me with full health and fully buffed.

right now it's only very irritating but if I had a MC5 chip getting knocked out left and right I'd be spitting blood.

someone had a good idea about returning 'player location' to the city com interface.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90825

that might be a good thing because it would allow me to track down these gankers and maybe gank them a couple times and see how they like it.

Saito Hajime
14-02-04, 19:05
Ditto Zan, exactly what i am talking about, this game has GREAT concept, its the honorless sons of motherless goats that really hurt the game.

greploco
14-02-04, 19:10
in deference to this guy and all the others

1.) Yes, this is an RPG. I am a very active RPer on Jupiter.
2.) Yes, you should have a reason to kill someone.
3.) No, this reason does not need to involve fairness.

yeah, I get it. I'd reply to everyone but I don't want to get accused of popping the thread inappropriately

nonamebrandeggs
14-02-04, 21:47
Originally posted by Saito Hajime

whats so mystic about some assclown who is 20 lvls or more higher attacking me from behind during or RIGHT after a fight, and deciding that my body is a cool place to hang out. even better when they are neutral or aligned faction

What exactly is there to understand?

seems pretty basic to me, I can understand the style of play, what I cannot understand is why assclowns like that dont just play planetside or some other actual FPS.

oh wait, yes I can, on a level playing field they get thier rears plugged.

pretty simple.

Thats how he gets his fun, and it's a game, it's about fun. I personally love to PK, and just because that person I see is hunting a mob doesn't mean I'm going to back off.

Mighty Max
14-02-04, 22:02
Thats how he gets his fun, and it's a game, it's about fun.

Thats odd, i believe his victims didnt have fun. And im pretty sure it is not only one.

So the fun of one > fun of many?

VetteroX
14-02-04, 22:03
Haha, no more reimplanting the LE like a coward. Time to fac up to reality. Thisis a pvp game and you have to be aware at all times. Dont like yourself get down to 1/2 hp, and always be ready for a fight. Hey, Gotter, can we please get an "adapt or die" line against these carebears?

Mighty Max
14-02-04, 22:21
You know that this is infact a mean of racism?

Do you remember that books that told ya from ppl wearing a sign around that allowed to gank them? What is put up here on the forums atm is nothing more it might only be virtual, but the ethics and dismorality behind that will stay the same ... ethnic cleansing and genocide

Strych9
14-02-04, 23:09
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Thats how he gets his fun, and it's a game, it's about fun. I personally love to PK, and just because that person I see is hunting a mob doesn't mean I'm going to back off. Think about what you are saying here.

You are saying the player fun MATTERS.

If that is your argument then we must look at the fun of all players, not just the PKers.

And so the complaint in this thread is legitimized.

Some advice: as pro-PKer, you should really avoid having fun come into play.

Strych9
14-02-04, 23:11
Originally posted by VetteroX
Haha, no more reimplanting the LE like a coward. Time to fac up to reality. Thisis a pvp game and you have to be aware at all times. Dont like yourself get down to 1/2 hp, and always be ready for a fight. Hey, Gotter, can we please get an "adapt or die" line against these carebears? We already had one of the moderators explain to YOU that YOU should consider a different game. :rolleyes:

MegaCorp
14-02-04, 23:16
Sorry, Greploco, but that is the way KK wants it. And they want it to be even more dangerous ... which is why they are taking away a lot of safe areas as part of BDoY.

If they cared about the issue you raised they would not be taking away safe areas, and they would probably not have changed the LE, and they might have even added pk-safe hunting zones.

I suspect that the only way things will change is if the vast majority of the BDoY buyers scream at KK to make things safer.

Spook

Strych9
14-02-04, 23:24
Originally posted by MegaCorp
Sorry, Greploco, but that is the way KK wants it. And they want it to be even more dangerous ... which is why they are taking away a lot of safe areas as part of BDoY.

If they cared about the issue you raised they would not be taking away safe areas, and they would probably not have changed the LE, and they might have even added pk-safe hunting zones.Dont think that is too one-sided though. I see all of the big bad PKers in the game begging for pokes in the safety of Plaza 1 and 2 all the time, Vett included. He even posted a whine about people in game having their hands out like they are poking but not poking. In fact, I just saw him on Saturn complaining about that exact thing.

So EVERYONE will have to accomodate the new rules, PvPers included. Considering they die a lot more than non-PvPers it could be argued that they would have the most adjusting to do.

And if Kk really wants it tough, remove the safeslot. hehe. We already know what most "I am an uber PKar dood" type of players think about that. Check my sig. :)

Marx
14-02-04, 23:57
I still go out hunting with Marx, who's now also red...

I don't get killed... Because I don't come across anyone. There are tons of places to hunt, just because its not within easy reach doesn't make it any less viable.

Perhaps if dying whilst hunting becomes the norm, you should try another place? Not like there's a shortage of them.

Saito Hajime
15-02-04, 03:26
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Thats how he gets his fun, and it's a game, it's about fun. I personally love to PK, and just because that person I see is hunting a mob doesn't mean I'm going to back off.

For the folks who dont speak clowneese, I'll translate.

"thats how he compensates for what ever short coming he may have, and try telling HIM its just a game, its about MY fun. I personally love to pk, and just because that person i see is hunting a mob doesnt mean that I am not gonna behave like I am a tiny girl jumping him when he is hurt. Nor does it mean that I will behave like I have the slightest honor, because I know that the likelyhood of meeting that player in real life and getting my limp wristed ass handed to me on a platter is slim to none. Thus, I will get back at ALL those kids who made fun of me in real life by playing a game in the weakest manner possible."

This has been a public service provided by the "G.B.T.Q" foundation. (Go Back to Quake) A not for profit organization dedicated to the improvement of MMORPGs Through the reeducation or relocation of pimply faced, basement dwelling FPS wanna be clowns.
Saito Hajime
Executive Officer.

Marx
15-02-04, 03:32
For the folks who dont speak clowneese, I'll translate.

Bad way to start a post if you want to be taken seriously. If you take this matter so seriously that it gets you worked up to the point of insulting others...

This has been a public service provided by the "G.B.T.Q" foundation. (Go Back to Quake) A not for profit organization dedicated to the improvement of MMORPGs Through the reeducation or relocation of pimply faced, basement dwelling FPS wanna be clowns.
Saito Hajime
Executive Officer.

My clear complexioned friend in the 25th LID would like a word with you about his enjoyment of FPS games.

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Psycho Killa
15-02-04, 03:35
This following announcement is brought to you by G.B.T.E (go back to everquest foundation)

Let me set the mood for you.... its 600 years or so after human kind has nuked itself into chaos.

The remaining humans have rebuilt 3 great mega cities to live in. One of them being Neocron another Dome of york...

Now im a Black Dragon I compete against Tsunami I fight for my life at every turn against tsunami city admin, diamong, city mercs, fallen angels. and twilight guardian.

Now I run into a restaurant at pepperpark. I see my sworn enemy sitting at a table all by himself. I walk up behing him theres no cops around theres no witnesses in this dog eat dog world.

Now what is going to happen...

A) I slit his throat or blow his fucking brains out no questions asked.

B) "excuse me sir I recognize you as an enemy tsunami member."

"why yes yes I am tsunami o your my sworn enemy arent you?"

"why yes yes I am, I am going to have to kill you now would you be so kind as to prepare yourself to fight me I would hate to win cheaply"

"Very sporting of you ol chap"

BLAM BLAM The tsunami puts a cap in my head before I even realize he was ready.

Now do I have to go on with examples I could go on all night.

Blood walks into a dark alley in his territory.

Notices a crypt walking his turf.

Is he going to go

"excuse me sir could you kindly draw your weapon I am going to shoot you now"

No he is going to put the gun to the back of your fucking head and pull the trigger.

Moral of the story watch your back and watch where you are.

Saito Hajime
15-02-04, 03:37
I'm always down for some cross training with fellow members of armed services. the 25th? is that brittish? I really enjoyed the training I did with the aussies and the south koreans, but never had the honour of training with any brits.

anyway, you mistake me.

I love an fps. but I dont think Neocron should be played like one plays an FPS. thats all

the rest... just trying to put a humorous spin on honorless play.

Saito

Marx
15-02-04, 03:39
I'm always down for some cross training with fellow members of armed services. the 25th? is that brittish? I really enjoyed the training I did with the aussies and the south koreans, but never had the honour of training with any brits.

25th Light Infantry Division, outta' Hawaii the lucky bastard.

I love an fps. but I dont think Neocron should be played like one plays an FPS. thats all

While I agree with you on that, the simple fact is, it will never be like that.

*shrug*

:confused:

Saito Hajime
15-02-04, 03:50
no doubt psycho, you make some valid points. assuming that you want to take the extreme view of what I said.
I never said I am against PVP, or PK. I like it myself.
I dont expect anyone to "ask permission" to attack.
You have no need to explain to this marine about the sillyness of such a concept.

I am speaking more specifically the ones that are killing folks who couldnt even begin to be a threat to them. I am talking about those who kill allied faction and such. I may have ridculed that guy for jumping someone, but in actuality thats fine. the biggest issue in my mind are folks out there just hunting noobs for the sheer act of ruining the fun of others play experience, what does a 55/55 tank have to fear from a 2/7 PE?

Personally, I still think Jumpin someone in the middle of a fight is a very small thing to do, but I dont expect many to agree.

Nash_Brigham
15-02-04, 03:58
Though I hate to suggest it, they really outta implement some immunity timer or something for synchronising. It is a really bad issue right now in game, and the worst part of it all, is the wannabes who hang out at the GR's thinking they are uber and killing anyone that walks through the GR.

Synchronising is the absolute worst death for alot of ppl.

VetteroX
15-02-04, 04:03
that "they are too low to hurt you" bullshit doesnt work... #1, a /20 ppu can cast db... therefore, he is a threat... if he can put a capped tl 3 heal and tl 25 shelter on a tank, and a db on me, hes just made that tank 50% more powerful... thats VERY dangerous. energy halo hurts if it keeps hitting... thats dangerous. When your fighting someone good, and every bit of hp helps, a spu shooting you with a tl 30 assult rifle is dangerous. Get it? 0/2 or 84/70 THEY ARE MY HATED ENEMIES and they MUST die.

Psycho Killa
15-02-04, 04:07
The only people I hate are the ones who go in the aggie cellars with the SOLE purpose of killing a 0/2 noob. Then when a high level comes down to protect the noobs they run and cower in fear.

Those people dont bother me to much because I know there just sad human beings that need mental help.

Now if you want to go pk a noob in the aggies just so he calls for help on the faction channel and you stay and fight the people who go to avenge the noob I have absolutely no problem with that. May not be fun for the noob but atleast theyre intent is to fight a high leveled person.

I got shot in the back 2 times by 2 different devourer tanks the other day killing aggies.

Not only was I 13/15 or so hunting with a crapy claw or whatever I had at the time he had to shoot me in the back.... with a devourer... point blank. This was after running by the guy 5 times. Then a high level came down and he ran so fast it was rediculous didnt even attempt to fight just ran straight for the exit.

Nash_Brigham
15-02-04, 04:08
that "they are too low to hurt you" bullshit doesnt work... #1, a /20 ppu can cast db... therefore, he is a threat... if he can put a capped tl 3 heal and tl 25 shelter on a tank, and a db on me, hes just made that tank 50% more powerful... thats VERY dangerous. energy halo hurts if it keeps hitting... thats dangerous. When your fighting someone good, and every bit of hp helps, a spu shooting you with a tl 30 assult rifle is dangerous. Get it? 0/2 or 84/70 THEY ARE MY HATED ENEMIES and they MUST die. A rank 20 monk is not going to survive a devourer. Nuff said. A rank 20 monk will be lucky if they can cast energy halo now. The minimum req is like 90 APU now. And holy energy halo, is 120 APU. Not likely to see many rank 20 monks walking out with a capped halo spell. Esepcially since we still suffering fromt eh damage bug.

hoverboy911
15-02-04, 21:56
I have two chars: One with an LE and one w/o. I played my non-LE char for a long time until my mates quit playing and thus our clan was gone. I still play that char on and off and when he dies at the hands of another player I accept it, no matter how it happens, because he has no LE.

I've been playing my LE char more lately than my non-LE char and my main complaint with my LE char is that KK has limited the "content" in terms of Epics with this char. The developers have created a bit of a catch-22 for those that choose to play with LE's in and have no intention of ever taking them out, and thats that some (most) of the Epics require you to remove your LE at some point or another if you want to complete them. The catch-22 in my case is that if I want to complete the Biotech Epic that I'm on with me LE char I'll have to remove my LE, however my char is lvl 30 now so apparently if I take it out I can't put it back in unless I LoM down (if that even works). So if I wanted to keep this as my LE char, I'd have to pop out me LE, go kill someone, LoM down, put my LE back in and continue on. However should that person that I killed see me again with my LE in I am now an exploiter. So I stopped the Biotech Epic with my LE and moved onto the N.E.X.T. Epic.

As you can see, in this case I have NO INTENTIONS of taking the LE out of this character, yet KK has added little content for LE players. The content that they have added would force an otherwise legit LE payer to look like an exploiter if they were to pursue the only tru interesting thing in the game for them to do...

So, to KK: either fix this by adding LE trees to the Epics or remove LE's because I'm failing to see the point of having LE's in the game if by your own in-game mechanics the only option that you are leaving "legit" LE players is to appear as exploiters if they want to keep playing AND have something interesting to keep them around every month.

O_o

Clownst0pper
15-02-04, 21:59
G0rt summed it 100%

Saito Hajime
16-02-04, 01:42
Yea, gorts pretty much right.
I'm hoping it will be better for neocron noobs (as opposed to terrorists) once the expansion comes out and the opposing factions cant just waltz down to noob hunting zones and pk.

Judge
16-02-04, 02:25
Yea, gorts pretty much right.
I'm hoping it will be better for neocron noobs (as opposed to terrorists) once the expansion comes out and the opposing factions cant just waltz down to noob hunting zones and pk.

PKers can't "waltz" down into a hunting zone and PK, well they can but they will lose SL. Are you proposing a complete "no killing" zone where it is impossible to kill people?

A few nights ago I was really pissed off.... can't remember why but I decided to go out and kill some people hunting/hunt myself. Was great fun doing hit and run attacks on these groups on my hovertech. You want a RP reason:

I am Crahn and I like bikes. Therefore the Heretics of CA should pay the price for thier lack of faith, I can use a hovetech so I go on some hit and run attacks upon stragglers in hunting groups then roar off into the sunset when people notice me.

There you go, I'm an occasional PKer and very much a roleplayer. I don't miss LEs, and if you think that RP and PvP in Neocron don't go together (most of the time) then you can go back home. Its a cyberpunk gritty world, I don't care how much that argument it used, its still true.

Saito Hajime
16-02-04, 03:10
sigh, again, I AM FINE WITH PVP/PK'n
I have a problem with GR campers, and noob hunters, not pvp in general.
And yea they can waltz into neocron from Tech Haven, or TG or whatever... try doing that at either of those places as a non terrorist. better be wearing your LE. its crap, with luck dome of york will fix it.

SypH
16-02-04, 04:09
that "they are too low to hurt you" bullshit doesnt work... #1, a /20 ppu can cast db... therefore, he is a threat... if he can put a capped tl 3 heal and tl 25 shelter on a tank, and a db on me, hes just made that tank 50% more powerful... thats VERY dangerous. energy halo hurts if it keeps hitting... thats dangerous. When your fighting someone good, and every bit of hp helps, a spu shooting you with a tl 30 assult rifle is dangerous. Get it? 0/2 or 84/70 THEY ARE MY HATED ENEMIES and they MUST die. Dude I know you like killing things, but sheesh, you take this waaaaaaaaaay to seriously. It's a game dude. Remember that. Just a game.

2ply
16-02-04, 06:12
I see you out hunting. Your a hostile faction. Your at half health with a mob on you.

Do I care? Fuck no. If your hostile, I'm going to kill you. Weather you like it or not. Should I care if your at half health? No. Your hostile. That's why.

IceStorm
16-02-04, 06:52
Your hostile. That's why.
Ever hear the phrase, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend?"

Because someone is in a hostile faction does not mean you are necessarily their enemy. ProtoPharma and N.E.X.T. are "hostile" to each other, but because they're both pro-City, they're friends when it comes to hunting down anti-City elements like TG.

Neocron is only black-and-white (well, blue and green) at the larger pro-City/anti-City level. At the faction level things do not appear to be intended to be so cut and dry.

You can elect to play this way, but you should be aware you're oversimplifying the game.

HumphreY
16-02-04, 07:10
There are those moments when I think people should not be able to read your name, rank, clantag and faction in the HUD all together.

That would make the game more ...well..unpredicable...both for PK and people doing RP.

Just like real life. You don't know anything from a stranger first time you meet him...

That might even solve the F6 thing. Though on the other hand there are those ruthless PKs who usually kill everyone regardless of the SL. But well..there are mindless psycos in our world as well..so ..:rolleyes:

VetteroX
16-02-04, 09:36
why cant carebears just accept that I and others simply derive pleasure from shooting another player and seeing them die? I prefer a good fight and hacking out a good item, but killing a low level is still fun.. and you have to kill them for the reason I stated before... if you dont like it, go play EQ. Theres vanilla for people who like vanilla and chocolate for people who like chocolate... just like theres pvp games for people who like pvp and no pvp for people who dont... this is a pvp based mmorpg. simply all there is too it... the epics invlove killing, ops invlove killing, factions suggest killing, and the story promotes killing... and some of us just kill whoever... we can get away with it, so why not kill whoever? If I see a black dragon carrying 2 rares, chances are ill kill him, because I want a rare... if you dont like this, they MADE a game for you, its called EQ. This game is for me and all the others who like to kill people... we also like to build chars and stuff, so if you like to build chars without getting pked, go to another mmorpg, this one is for pvpers, stop trying to ruin it.

Nash_Brigham
16-02-04, 10:49
why cant carebears just accept that I and others simply derive pleasure from shooting another player and seeing them die? I prefer a good fight and hacking out a good item, but killing a low level is still fun.. and you have to kill them for the reason I stated before... if you dont like it, go play EQ. Theres vanilla for people who like vanilla and chocolate for people who like chocolate... just like theres pvp games for people who like pvp and no pvp for people who dont... this is a pvp based mmorpg. simply all there is too it... the epics invlove killing, ops invlove killing, factions suggest killing, and the story promotes killing... and some of us just kill whoever... we can get away with it, so why not kill whoever? If I see a black dragon carrying 2 rares, chances are ill kill him, because I want a rare... if you dont like this, they MADE a game for you, its called EQ. This game is for me and all the others who like to kill people... we also like to build chars and stuff, so if you like to build chars without getting pked, go to another mmorpg, this one is for pvpers, stop trying to ruin it. [edited for violation of the forum rules - baiting]

•Super|\|ova•
16-02-04, 10:59
why cant carebears just accept that I and others simply derive pleasure from shooting another player and seeing them die? I prefer a good fight and hacking out a good item, but killing a low level is still fun.. and you have to kill them for the reason I stated before... if you dont like it, go play EQ. Theres vanilla for people who like vanilla and chocolate for people who like chocolate... just like theres pvp games for people who like pvp and no pvp for people who dont... this is a pvp based mmorpg. simply all there is too it... the epics invlove killing, ops invlove killing, factions suggest killing, and the story promotes killing... and some of us just kill whoever... we can get away with it, so why not kill whoever? If I see a black dragon carrying 2 rares, chances are ill kill him, because I want a rare... if you dont like this, they MADE a game for you, its called EQ. This game is for me and all the others who like to kill people... we also like to build chars and stuff, so if you like to build chars without getting pked, go to another mmorpg, this one is for pvpers, stop trying to ruin it.

They also made game for you; CS. Enough said.

HumphreY
16-02-04, 13:35
... this is a pvp based mmorpg... if you dont like this, they MADE a game for you, its called EQ.

Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
They also made game for you; CS. Enough said.

So by logic Neocron is somehow the clash-zone between EQ and CS then :)

amfest
16-02-04, 13:37
LOL sheez ... quit both yer crying . . . and learn to meet at some middle ground maybe. Both groups are here and apparently are going to stay. You can't use the go play EQ crap cause EQ is no neocron. It's fantasy not cyberpunk. People can't use the CS crap either cause there is no RPG character stats. Everyone starts on equal ground with a weapon of their choice.

I can't wait to see the reduction in safezones and such though. And people who run down into cellars to kill noobs can't simply zone up into a safe zone anymore. What will be funny is fights in places like pepper park will most likely be right next to bars and HQs so they can zone into a safe zone :rolleyes: and the typical excuse will be . .. because everyone does it.

Anyhow I'd like to see two different servers born later if possible 1. the so called neptune designed for the hardcore players with no safezones, no safeslots and such.
and
2. A server designed with friendly play in mind where plays outside a certain rank can't attack each other so you won't have a player that's 60/60 or whatever attacking a 0/2 noob and they can't affect either .. . also this server would be rich with varying item drops . . armors would drop with varying stats like maybe less pierce but it has more of another stat. Same for Weapons. Store bought weapons would be sold in better conditions . lol. And there would be alot of crazy items out there so hunting would be interesting.

I don't know I wouldn't mind playing a version of neocron like that. I like the atmosphere. I like the gameplay. I like the interface. I think it would be fun. I already have fun and there is none of that around. Well let's see what the future brings.

Judge
16-02-04, 14:14
Originally posted by Nash_Brigham
[edited for consistency]

Errr... actually Vet has proved himself uncountable times against single and multiple opponents of equal level. Like he said, fighting people of your own ability is great and fun, but lower level people can still be a danger if you are fighting around them.

•Super|\|ova•
16-02-04, 14:16
Originally posted by amfest
LOL sheez ... quit both yer crying . . . and learn to meet at some middle ground maybe. Both groups are here and apparently are going to stay. You can't use the go play EQ crap cause EQ is no neocron. It's fantasy not cyberpunk. People can't use the CS crap either cause there is no RPG character stats. Everyone starts on equal ground with a weapon of their choice.

I can't wait to see the reduction in safezones and such though. And people who run down into cellars to kill noobs can't simply zone up into a safe zone anymore. What will be funny is fights in places like pepper park will most likely be right next to bars and HQs so they can zone into a safe zone :rolleyes: and the typical excuse will be . .. because everyone does it.

Anyhow I'd like to see two different servers born later if possible 1. the so called neptune designed for the hardcore players with no safezones, no safeslots and such.
and
2. A server designed with friendly play in mind where plays outside a certain rank can't attack each other so you won't have a player that's 60/60 or whatever attacking a 0/2 noob and they can't affect either .. . also this server would be rich with varying item drops . . armors would drop with varying stats like maybe less pierce but it has more of another stat. Same for Weapons. Store bought weapons would be sold in better conditions . lol. And there would be alot of crazy items out there so hunting would be interesting.

I don't know I wouldn't mind playing a version of neocron like that. I like the atmosphere. I like the gameplay. I like the interface. I think it would be fun. I already have fun and there is none of that around. Well let's see what the future brings.

You pretty much said what I meant. The reason why I don't even try explaining things to Vet anymore is because he wont listen. Yes, he's hearing what I say but he ain't listening. That's why I just simply reply to him with as retarded comments as his. Lame? Maybe so... but at least I'm not there alone :rolleyes:

ezza
16-02-04, 14:30
Originally posted by IceStorm

Because someone is in a hostile faction does not mean you are necessarily their enemy. ProtoPharma and N.E.X.T. are "hostile" to each other, but because they're both pro-City, they're friends when it comes to hunting down anti-City elements like TG.

Neocron is only black-and-white (well, blue and green) at the larger pro-City/anti-City level. At the faction level things do not appear to be intended to be so cut and dry.

You can elect to play this way, but you should be aware you're oversimplifying the game. haha we tried the taking a enemy faction with us to kill TG, once the TG threat was eliminated the poor CA guys got a taste :lol:

Clyde
16-02-04, 14:44
while i think its lame to gank/get ganked while someone is lvling, its still apart of the game and has to be dealt with. how ever, you dont specifically have to have some mystical reason to kill another player, if im walking and i see some dude and i feel like pking, ill pk regardless of faction or level, just because I felt like and I can. no rp needed

Archeus
16-02-04, 14:46
If you want to play with an LE so badly, reroll and slap the LE back in.

As for safe zones, the sooner they remove them the better. Nothing more annoying sitting around for an F6 kill and all your enemy are all camped up in Plaza 2.

Lecko
16-02-04, 15:07
Originally posted by HumphreY
There are those moments when I think people should not be able to read your name, rank, clantag and faction in the HUD all together.

That would make the game more ...well..unpredicable...both for PK and people doing RP.

Just like real life. You don't know anything from a stranger first time you meet him...

That might even solve the F6 thing. Though on the other hand there are those ruthless PKs who usually kill everyone regardless of the SL. But well..there are mindless psycos in our world as well..so ..:rolleyes:

Thats a good idea. Maybe when you're rank is over a certain level, you're "well known" and your faction is visible. Would let pkers still pk but add a bit more excitement.

I don't use an LE, don't mind PvP. Getting killed whilst hunting is just one of those things. If someone is willing to do that to me then that's their choice. There's no honour in it, but then not everyone cares about that. I just note their names down and return the favour be it pking or via tradeskill/poking etc. After all, revenge is sweet...:D

trigger hurt
16-02-04, 15:43
Originally posted by IceStorm

You can elect to play this way, but you should be aware you're oversimplifying the game.

Every ProtoPharm on saturn I have ever seen enjoys leveling at the chaos caves near TG canyon. So they help TG against hmm, Black Dragon (allied), Tangent (neutral), City Mercs(neutral?)

This is why I (as a black dragon) kill any protopharm I see wandering around the wasteland. I don't care if they are hunting and at half hp. If I have seen them helping a TG clan fight against black dragon, they will pay for their transgressions. If I don't remember they're name from anything, then I go about my business.

Saito is starting to sound like one of the guys I was talking to in IRC the other night. The backward logic is definatly there.

Saito Hajime
17-02-04, 02:07
Why can't you griefers recognize the fact that youre not the only one PAYING to play the game. Purposely playing just to wreck the enjoyment of others playing the game is like running in the special olympics. EVEN WHEN YOU WIN YOU'RE STILL A RETARD.

Its a sad commentary on the human race. "I can get away with being an ass so therefore I MUST be an ass." flawed logic, and telling about people who play like that. I'll never be convinced that someone who gets thier jollys by being dicks to people they will never meet are compensating for some personal shortcoming.
Its almost laughable how proud v-pig is of himself for being able to "get away" with killing someone in a video game. Probably wouldnt have the minerals to "get away" with jay walking In real life.

Being a giant ass is not the measure of a great player.
Saito

2ply
17-02-04, 02:20
Look. I'm BD. Like hell I'm going to allie up with TG to fight CA. Or a merc to fight TG. No. Hope. In. Hell. .

The day I *ever* didn't kill a CM or TG or CA on saturn would be the day I quit this game.

In short...

Your an enemy I'm going to kill you. Nuff said.

Judge
17-02-04, 02:25
Why can't you griefers recognize the fact that youre not the only one PAYING to play the game. Purposely playing just to wreck the enjoyment of others playing the game is like running in the special olympics. EVEN WHEN YOU WIN YOU'RE STILL A RETARD.

I really don't see how someones level of intelligence comes into this.

Its a sad commentary on the human race. "I can get away with being an ass so therefore I MUST be an ass."

Its more like "I can kill him, I want to kill... so I will kill him", if you have a problem with that then go play some other game because tbh I'm tired with everyone thinking that they should be able to wander around invunerable to the storyline or other people. If you want to do that then play a fucking singleplayer game.

IceStorm
17-02-04, 02:47
Every ProtoPharm on saturn
Read: All people who roll a new char to get another PP chip and then faction hop.

I have ever seen enjoys leveling at the chaos caves near TG canyon.
That's the powerleveling mentality which forces pro-city to travel to anti-city territory (don't know how it is on Saturn, but on Pluto TG control that section fo the map). If there was an equivalent to the Chaos Caves in near-City territory, there wouldn't be a problem (I thought there were, but apparently not). Part of the problem with NC is that people ignore RP for leveling reasons. I'm not saying this is the fault of the players or KK, but it's there and should be addressed.

I spent almost all my leveling time in City-controlled OP sectors or sectors near my faction allies, TH. I've never done a CC run. Part of the reason is that I can't - no PPU support for me as an LE on pluto. Another part is that it doesn't fit my character build - long range rifle users shouldn't be inside caves. Finally, it's not RP to be down in the Canyon areas for me (hell, I continually question why N.E.X.T. has a racetrack so close to the canyons). The only time I go to TG I use Obliterator to buy/sell what I need (sneaky Spy that I am), then GR back out.

Neocron is an RPG with PvP elements. It's not PlanetSide. Eventually the game will be tweaked to discourage/make difficult playing like it's PlanetSide/Q3A, but that day hasn't arrived yet.

amfest
17-02-04, 03:01
. Part of the reason is that I can't - no PPU support for me as an LE on pluto

I go into the choas caves with my lowtech rifle using spy all the time with no ppu or any other team members. If you run in like an idiot and don't use cover or know when to retreat then of course you won't survive. I use LE also on that character so even if there is a typical ppu there it's of no use to me and I have to chuckle at the fact that everyone typically dies and yet my LE spy for the most part lives through several cave runs without ever dying. Keep in mind though that if you don't have a team you can't usually complete the cave run all the way to the end without some sort of AOE and of course this is where rifle users suffer.

Anyhow Yea I"ll have to agree with the leveling areas . . cause of control areas it's a problem and when BDOY comes out I wonder how that's going to work with DOY having the richer leveling areas so close to home. Wish there were some nice high level mobs near Neocron . . maybe on the beach areas to the west and east. 120/120 Giant Water Crabs :D

Saito Hajime
17-02-04, 03:14
Ok one more time for the literacy impaired.

I dont think pvp is bad.

I enjoy pvp just as much as anyone else, even when I lose. The other night I found a neutral faction runner in a little over his head and I asked if he wanted a hand. I helped him out, and he repaid me by waiting untill I was fighting some other mobs to shoot me in the back. Did I blow up at him, call him names, whine on the boards... No. why?
Because of the point the that judge was making it IS a pvp game. I dont wanna be invulnerable. He got me, If I see him again I wont hesitate to kill him. Why do I think he didnt cross the line from pvp to greifing fool? He didnt talk a bunch of shit about how awesome he was for killing me, he didnt camp my stuff, he didnt jump me at the GR. I've done my share of killing to, I need to kill a rival faction runner, so i followed him into his apt when he wasnt looking and wasted him. It wasnt nice, it wasnt fair. When he said WTF! I said, "I had orders from my faction to elimiate you". and I even felt bad for the guy and left him a couple of items to use/sell. I was able to play pvp have my fun ( it WAS fun casin the biotech apts waiting for someone who wasnt paying attention) and still not be an asshole. Why do griefers find this such a difficult concept.
Heres the truth of it.
Pvp does not have to = Asshole
Griefers = Punk arse Kids.
Dont mistake me for any carebear just because I am not down with noob hunting or GR camping.
Saito

Judge
17-02-04, 03:18
Ah, I see slightly more what you mean. I thought that you didn't like PvP at all.

amfest
17-02-04, 03:27
heh should run a What type of PvP'r are you poll :D
Or better yet run a Questions test and at the end of it It'll tell you what type you are . .

Ghard
17-02-04, 03:37
i took the swg advice and now am hooked

Saito Hajime
17-02-04, 03:43
heh I actually made one of those for eq once.

one of the questions was, "If noobie snacks (the food you spawn with under lvl 5) were dropable and you were getting hunger messages would you waste the noob for the noobie snacks?"

2) have you ever told a noob that you can get advice from a guard by targeting him and hitting "A" for "advice" (a=autoattack) and watched him get splattered.

3)ever hand a noob a weapon that proc's a curse? (self damage, noob hits rat with 2hand stick, noob catches on fire and dies)

4)Ever tell a noob beggar that he can see what you can give him by targeting you and typing /d for "details"...(/d=duel and then you splatter noob)

there were more but I cannot remember

Marx
17-02-04, 03:44
Originally posted by Ghard
i took the swg advice and now am hooked

Item decay is the only thing which is keeping me from actively PvPing... and therefore keeping me from playing the game again.

IceStorm
17-02-04, 03:51
I go into the choas caves with my lowtech rifle using spy all the time with no ppu or any other team members. I
I lack the STR, RC, and WEP to handle a lowtech rifle properly - too much kickback, not accurate enough. I'm most effective with long range, low kickback, mid-level damage weapons like laser rifles (TT Epic, Healing Light).

If it can hit me from 400m or less and it isn't a Warbot, I'm a dead man.

VetteroX
17-02-04, 05:08
I hear everything you carbears say. "I want an le so I cant be ganked" "I want to hunt wbs without being ganked, I wanna do mc5 without being ganked, why cant you leave me alone?" Because they made games where players cant kill you... go there. I have a certain favorite zone I like hunting wbs in... if oeone else is huning wbs in that zone, they are another wolf hunting my sheep... intolerable. and so, I kill them. Now you have every option to out fight me, or come bac and kill me, or if your lower level, level up, train and pvp, and come kick my ass in a week... but some cowards choose to LE themselves and become immortal.. thats sucks. It especially sucks when they do mc5 or something, a discussion we have already had.

And to any idiot who says I cant beat people my own level, lets duel... if your too weak, pick someone to duel for you, if not, stfu.

Strych9
17-02-04, 05:26
I hear everything you carbears say, except for the part that its not that you dont like PvP, its that you dont like being ganked by a capped runner when you have no reasonable chance. "I want an le so I cant be ganked" "I want to hunt wbs without being ganked, I wanna do mc5 without being ganked, why cant you leave me alone?" Because they made games where players cant avoid you.... I should really go there. I have a certain favorite zone I like hunting newbs in... if oeone else is huning wbs in that zone, they are another sheep trying to actually enjoy the game... intolerable. and so, I kill them. Now you have every option to out fight me, or come bac and kill me if I decide to actually stay around to give you the chance, or if your lower level, level up, train and pvp, and come kick my ass in a week even though by killing you as a newb I do my best to stop you from levelling as much as possible. I will tell you to level elsewhere, but you and I both know that only certain spots allow you to level "in a week" and be able to PvP effectively... but some cowards choose to LE themselves and become immortal.. thats sucks for me because if I dont have easy targets, my role in the game is pointless. It especially sucks when they do mc5 or something because I really like collecting parts and stuff, and I dont like it when other people get stuff too.Well said Vett. ;)

Maybe if you keep insulting people like this one day you will get your way. :rolleyes:

IceStorm
17-02-04, 05:48
I hear everything you PKers/PVPers say. "I want the LE removed so I can ganked anyone" "I wanna hunt noobs trying to level without being hit with SL penalities, I wanna keep MC5 to myself, why cant you RPers and LE users leave?" Because they made games where players can kill you... go there. I have a certain favorite zone I like leveling against wbs in... if oeone else is huning wbs in that zone, I stay away from their kills and work my own warbots... but that's apparently intolerable to some so they kill me - a 35/40 Spy just trying to level. Now, I staw away from your kills and I dont try to loot your bots... but some cowards choose to shoot me in the back when I'm at half health trying to level, trying to keep all the warbots to themselves.. thats sucks. It especially sucks when they camp the hunt zones, just to make my leveling harder. I go out of my way to find a quiet spot away from regular hunt zones and get ganked in the back.

And to any idiot who says I should bring a PPU or put my LE back in, I cant always find a PPU and I'd rather RP than put my LE back in, so stfu.

Psycho_Soldier
17-02-04, 05:57
or if your lower level, level up, train and pvp, and come kick my ass in a week....

Not to defend the LE but you know, there is a very limited ammount of people that can take you on 1 vs 1. It takes lots of practice, so to say to be able to get to your level and skill in a week is rediculous. Also, what chance does that person have to be able to catch you off guard leveling? You have pretty much everything you need and even if you were caught off guard, there is still pretty much no chance that the average player could kill you even if they got 2-3 shots off before you even knew what hit you. I consider myself to be close to your skill level, so I know how long and hard it is to get there.

Saito Hajime
17-02-04, 06:55
Now I wont name names...cause I dont want a certain copbot jumpin on my posts with both big shiny boots again, BUT.

A particular nameless cretin with whom I generally disagree is so entirely the posterboy of the folks that I have been posting about the last couple nights that its laughable.

Typical mindset. It boggles me how they can forget that we ALL pay to play this game. All of us have equal right to enjoy it. That DOES include hunting warbots, even if its a place that they particularly like to hunt. Granted, if we want to avoid death, its probably smart to go there only when abrasive, antisocial, over competitive, lonely heart, misguided, souls suffering delusions of grandeur arent there. Because these poor slots really think that they are important in this game, or that anything at all in this game is "thiers" and not the property of the game/and the company putting it out.
In a perfect world there would be (no bugs, but thats another thread) a crew of moderators in the game round the clock. creating events so that sorry sods that have done all there is to do built into the game will have better things to do than be posterchildren for social darwinism.

/rant off, for the moment
Saito

•Super|\|ova•
17-02-04, 07:18
I hear everything you carbears say. "I want an le so I cant be ganked" "I want to hunt wbs without being ganked, I wanna do mc5 without being ganked, why cant you leave me alone?" Because they made games where players cant kill you... go there. I have a certain favorite zone I like hunting wbs in... if oeone else is huning wbs in that zone, they are another wolf hunting my sheep... intolerable. and so, I kill them. Now you have every option to out fight me, or come bac and kill me, or if your lower level, level up, train and pvp, and come kick my ass in a week... but some cowards choose to LE themselves and become immortal.. thats sucks. It especially sucks when they do mc5 or something, a discussion we have already had.

And to any idiot who says I cant beat people my own level, lets duel... if your too weak, pick someone to duel for you, if not, stfu.

[edited for violation of the forum rules] You have never answered this question when it's been asked. [ediyed for violation of the forum rules] just simply get it that this game is RPG and not some FPS like CS? It means that one CAN choose to PvP OR NOT. Learn to respect other people. I myself like PvP but it pisses me off to even hear about someone like you who wont listen to others and only wants to do harm to everyone and then comes to forums and bitches and whines about it.

Yeah you can ignore this post and not answer my question but that would mean "something" and you know it... don't you :rolleyes:

Saito Hajime
17-02-04, 07:21
*tips his hat at Nova*

Richard Blade
17-02-04, 08:19
I have that particular person on ignore here in the forum. But, people seem to like to quote him so I usually see the drivel spewed from his keyboard anyway.

This last little gem really fills me with apathy. How can anyone take themselves seriously with an attitude like that?
How many people has he driven away from the game because they were learning the basics, and he ruined their gaming experience?
I've been here for over a year, and reading what he puts in the forum makes me want to quit.

I see many aspects of this game. Some of my characters have LE's in, some do not. If I get tired or burned out on combat, it's nice to settle down on an LE'd character to relax for a while.

Oh, and the coward remarks? Someone has a little trouble remembering that this is the forum, and that the forum is not the game. I've seen several times, this certain person stating that players are cowards because they use LE's in their characters.
Calling someone a coward is an insult where I grew up. Now, is he insulting us, or our characters? I don't care what he says to my characters in game, his characters are asshats. But, he has no right to insult the rest of the community by saying what he does here.

Saito Hajime
17-02-04, 08:53
/cheer Rich Blade.

well put and very true.
and a fellow Michigander, excellent.

•Super|\|ova•
17-02-04, 09:02
Now lets just wait for Vet's answer which most likely we wont here since he can't answer in any way.

VetteroX
17-02-04, 09:08
ill answer the question. its not a mmorpg. its a pvpmmorpg. Its an mmorpg where, unlike EQ, the FOCUS is to level on mobs, get strong, then PvP... your suppost to pvp. the le was put in for the few weak, skill less sniviling cowards who chose to opt out of pvp and kk wants their money, so they appease them. If you read nc's past you would have known at one time there was no le, and when it did come in it had big negatives. mjs and devs have said that they want this game to have more pvp... safezones are going to become less, the le isnt reimplantable after 30... this is what the game makers want, for you to pvp.

I earned my right to dominate people in a fight... I capped and I practice my ass off, so if people cant beat me in a fight, its just too damn bad... if you cant win the fight, you die, its called life. I play this game and not eq because I want to go around.. lemme caps lock this IN A GAME THAT ALLOWS ME TO BUILD AND DESIGN A CHAR (so not CS) and then use that char to kill... that my role, Im a murder... if you dont like that, go to a game that lets you pvm, work in a team, chat a roleplay... EQ, and im sure theres other carebear games out there.

And I dont care if "your all up for op waring and dueling" because I like to go around killing everyone. Its fun. All my chars are murders, even my constructor... thats my way of playing and this game allows it.

[edited for violation of the forum rules]

•Super|\|ova•
17-02-04, 09:26
ill answer the question. its not a mmorpg. its a pvpmmorpg. Its an mmorpg where, unlike EQ, the FOCUS is to level on mobs, get strong, then PvP... your suppost to pvp. the le was put in for the few weak, skill less sniviling cowards who chose to opt out of pvp and kk wants their money, so they appease them. If you read nc's past you would have known at one time there was no le, and when it did come in it had big negatives. mjs and devs have said that they want this game to have more pvp... safezones are going to become less, the le isnt reimplantable after 30... this is what the game makers want, for you to pvp.

I earned my right to dominate people in a fight... I capped and I practice my ass off, so if people cant beat me in a fight, its just too damn bad... if you cant win the fight, you die, its called life. I play this game and not eq because I want to go around.. lemme caps lock this IN A GAME THAT ALLOWS ME TO BUILD AND DESIGN A CHAR (so not CS) and then use that char to kill... that my role, Im a murder... if you dont like that, go to a game that lets you pvm, work in a team, chat a roleplay... EQ, and im sure theres other carebear games out there.

And I dont care if "your all up for op waring and dueling" because I like to go around killing everyone. Its fun. All my chars are murders, even my constructor... thats my way of playing and this game allows it.

Ok. First of all... sad to bring you down but this IS MMORPG. It's just you and couple of other guys who are tryting to make it full PVP MMORPG. You can't deny that. And so what if your characters are murderers by their role? Does that mean you have to be an asswipe in real life also? You come to the forums and try only satisfy yourself, not balance the game and make it better for EVERYONE. Learn to compromize and sympathize you brain morron.

PS. Sometimes I might to agree with you but all the immature egoboosting bs your posts are full of makes me hate your ideas right away. And I can assure that most of the community feels the same. So why not to try more mature way to post? And I don't even know if you are even really THAT good. I've heard you're good but I haven't fought you myself IIRC. And you know what? Don't even try to challenging me... No, I'm not saying this meaning I'm scared of you :lol: Hell no, you see, not everyone just are interested in that. Simple as that. If I get into a situation where I have to fight you. I'll fight you if it suits me or then I just simply go away if I don't feel like it. You can call me a coward but at least me and 99% of the ppl here know the truth so KEEP LYING TO YOURSELF.

Judge
17-02-04, 14:56
I would just like to point out that MJS himself has said that Neocron is based around PvP. Also he wants less (and I quote) "carebearness" for when DoY comes out.

Strych9
17-02-04, 15:00
Originally posted by Judge
I would just like to point out that MJS himself has said that Neocron is based around PvP. Also he wants less (and I quote) "carebearness" for when DoY comes out. Thats fine, just dont assume you know who the "carebears" are. Go back and read the discussion about removing safeslots so PvP has meaning. You will be suprised perhaps who responded in which way. I believe thats the thread my sig came out of...

Archeus
17-02-04, 15:13
Sorry but this whole thread is a whine because someone wants the game made easier for them.

If you love the LE so much REROLL AND LEAVE THE LE IN THIS TIME.

Richard Blade
17-02-04, 18:56
I don't want the game made easier, I'm looking forward to less safezones.

The LE being locked out at level 30 in my opinion is a bit low. Level 30'rs won't even have begun to get their PvP setups in line that low. Not everyone had the chance to do all their character testing in the beta, nor do all the newbies know that they can make their setups on the test server. (which it isn't meant for, but most of the people who brag about their setups did it anyway)
So, I would like to see the LE lock out level raised to 45 or 50.
Maybe 45 because that's the level you have to be to finish the epics. Kind of like a "growing up" rite of passage.

I made my other post last night when I was very tired and should have been sleeping. Normally, I just ignore what Vett has to say.
I shouldn't have gone off on him, but what I said still fits now that I'm awake.

The one thing I forgot to put on that post was this:
What useful purpose does someone with an attitude like that in this forum, and in the game, bring to our community and the game?

In any other game, no matter where, his actions are that of a griefer. People justify ganking newbies and lowbies because they can put their LE's back in. How do you now justify ganking level 30 to level 45 characters with a capped PE? That's what? Level 65? We all know that there is a magnitude of difference in the strength of characters every 10 ranks or so. Real challenge, yeah.

VetteroX
17-02-04, 19:34

Strych9
17-02-04, 19:44
[edited for consistency]Carebear to me is someone that wants the game to be easy and risk free.

Safelot protection = no risk for your slot one weapon. I know you claim that you are worried about crashes, but crashes affect EVERYONE. The difference between you and those that support the idea of no safeslot isnt crashing.

If you disagree with that definition of a carebear than that is fine. But at heart, that is what a carebear is. A lot of people YOU deem carebears are actually interested in fighting- they just dont want to be ganked at a low level by a high level runner.

So its not as cut and dry as you might think.

Please offer up your definition of carebear, and we can discuss both definitions.

And only one my my chars is a droner, and he is not a stealthing droner. The others are a HC PE (which I expained before you have killed twice that I know of) and a Tank. So drop the "you are a carebear" line with me okay? Only my droner has in his LE as a courtesy to those other players I level around, as droners cant level very well without their AOE drones. You may not agree with that approach to the LE, but he has had it in since day one, and will leave it in til he is capped or near capped. If I leave it in, I cant have in my SS/Hawkins/SRI/RD combo of brain imps. :)

Archeus
17-02-04, 19:49
Originally posted by Richard Blade
So, I would like to see the LE lock out level raised to 45 or 50.
Maybe 45 because that's the level you have to be to finish the epics. Kind of like a "growing up" rite of passage.

They can remove the LE before they hit level 30 for the short time to do an epic kill. After that they need never remove it until level 45 or 50.

Safelot protection = no risk for your slot one weapon

Vett, that normally equates to a whine of "whaa I wanted thier favorite weapon".

Odds on most people drop reasonably stuff even if slot 1 is protected.

•Super|\|ova•
17-02-04, 20:02
Originally posted by Strych9
Carebear to me is someone that wants the game to be easy and risk free.

I fully agree with you.

And another thing... [edited for violation of the forum rules]... could it be that I had a point there? Could it be I was right and I read him like an open book? :rolleyes: Though now that I brought this up I might soon see him replying and totally disagreeing with this since he doesn't like what he is like. Maybe... just maybe :rolleyes:

Strych9
17-02-04, 20:10
Originally posted by Archeus
Vett, that normally equates to a whine of "whaa I wanted thier favorite weapon".

Odds on most people drop reasonably stuff even if slot 1 is protected. Are you saying I am whining, or Vett is whining?

If you are saying Vett is whining, you are correct. If you say I am whining, lemme repost some info from the safeslot removal poll. First, Psycho Killa:
If youve never pvped with a rare back with the old drop system you dont know the 10th of how exciting neocron can be was the most thrilling fights ive had in any game EVER.

Haha its funny how like 90 percent of the community is for pvp but all these l337 pkers are to fuckin pussy to lose there precious 4 slot cs when they can just gank one from someone else if there so hardcore.Yeah, that sounds like a whine to me. And here is gort, whining as well I guess (responding to SD, who I guess is also whining):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
It amazes me how some of the people who claim they are hardcore or hate pkers are so against loss of safeslot or similar stuff.

wtf?

That's why I thought it was odd when so many people voted for no belt drops in warzones on pluto, when so many claim it's the hardcore server.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They don't understand that what goes around comes around. Sure one day you might drop a tasty 3+ slot rare weapon. But the next day you might kill someone and get THIER 3+ slot rare weapon. And with rare weapons dropping to the floor all the time, people will pick them up, have no use for them, and sell them. People who have LOST thier rare weapons will buy them and enjoy them.

The price of rares goes down, the overall availability of rares up, the database is less cluttered with apartments full of rare weapons that get collected up, and people have more fun pvping knowing they have something to LOSE if they die. Gotta take a risk to get ahead right?

Its a win win situation, it really is.Here is CR@SH whining too:
I'm just totally amazed that so many people have voted no. I guess not many of the old players that were around for no safe slot are still here. Seems to me all these new breed players want a more carebear environment. The neocron i used to play never had a mention of being a carebear game. Frankly it was damn ruthless most of the time. The CA clans used to have to police the sewers so noobs could level, numerous pker gangs you had to watch out for, people crying on direct to you because you got their nice rare and they are begging for it back. I just don't get near as much satisfaction from finally collecting all the parts for my new rare than i do for swiping one off someone i just killed. Maybe one of these days when neptune rolls out (if ever?) it will have no safe slots, no anarchy zones, and most of all be the ruthless neocron you used to love to hate that kept you coming back for more.I am having a hard time seeing a safeslot as anything but a carebear rule in the game. It protects your item. NO RISK.

VetteroX
17-02-04, 20:23
i didnt even pay attention to your post... you say you wont fight me but your not a coward... yeah whatever.

Strych9
17-02-04, 20:26
Hey Vett, speaking of which, my tank is about ready to fight ya. Figure after all this in forum sparring, might as well try it in game. Lemme find a CS first, as right now I only have AOE levelling weaps...

I will fight ya in my PE too.

How should I get ahold of ya in game?

Strych9
17-02-04, 20:26
Sorry double post. Please delete.

•Super|\|ova•
17-02-04, 20:30
i didnt even pay attention to your post... you say you wont fight me but your not a coward... yeah whatever.

VetteroX
17-02-04, 20:31
sgt.striker sgt. murder capt.revenge are the ones Im on the most. When im not busy (pking, mc5) ill be glad to fight you. unlike some people (super nova, siato hajime or whatever) im not on the forums 24/7, just reading while i eat lunch then ill be ingame, so this is my last post for a while.

•Super|\|ova•
17-02-04, 20:35
sgt.striker sgt. murder capt.revenge are the ones Im on the most. When im not busy (pking, mc5) ill be glad to fight you. unlike some people (super nova, siato hajime or whatever) im not on the forums 24/7, just reading while i eat lunch then ill be ingame, so this is my last post for a while.

Just to let you know, usually I'm on forums since I'm chatting with my RL FRIENDS and FIANCEE at the same time. And also doing homeworks. And anyways... what the hell would a duel even solve? You would still be wrong about the things we have argued about even if you'd won :lol:

Archeus
17-02-04, 20:44
Originally posted by Strych9
It protects your item. NO RISK.

I am saying the majority of the stuff a person has on them is worth a fair bit.

But for most of the capped long term runners dropping a weapon isn't that big of a deal, how about having IMPs drop to quickbelts, you will see the vets of the servers screaming "no way in hell".

I've spent ages getting SH parts, if and when I finally get it constructed I'd be a bit peeved to have someone gank it from me on my first outing with it.

The "take it from another player" really only applies if you have the crap to attack with to begin with.

Psycho Killa
17-02-04, 21:48
Safe slots are for carebears!

Vets a carebear!

Really vet you have what kind of kill ratio? You would benefit more then anyone else so I dont know what the fuck your smoking to be against no safe slots.

If neptune ever comes and theres a safe slot im quitting neocron forever and not looking back.

I have an all artifact judge, another near artifact judge, Beam of hell, Executioner, wyatt epr, and liberator.

My character is 2 weeks old. I collected these rares in a week trading parts.

Thats JUST trading. Now I can do that from trading.

You have a 1 in 10 chance of dropping your gun. They have a 1 in 10 chance of dropping there gun.

You have a 1 in 10 chance of losing a rare to a crash....

Now if you lose it to a mob. You can more then likely collect it back before someone gets it.

You could also lose it to a player in a crash. Either a) They wont have a hacker or B) u plain lose it.

On the flipside they have an equal chance of dieing to u to a crash it balances out in the end.

Bohoo I have to use a blacksun til I gank another person. The world will end.

VetteroX
17-02-04, 22:02

•Super|\|ova•
17-02-04, 22:08
[edited for consistency]

First of all, I'm not the one trying to get attention here :rolleyes: Second... I'm 23 years old, I live in a decent flat and I'm studying arts (don't know what's the word in english for the level of my school). [edited for violation of the forum rules]

Psycho Killa
17-02-04, 22:09
How exciting is a fight when you die and lose a piece of armor....

O boy I lost my armor I gotta go buy another piece.

WOWI dont wanna die I might lose my heal!

How many times do I have to say it.

IF game imbalance is your only argument against no safe slot then you have no argument.

O no I cant killl the stealther. That means there should be a delay come on is that your only excuse vet?

YOU CHOSE TO BE LOW TECH You opt for higher defense instead of stealth. THATS YOUR DECISION not mine not anyone elses YOUR DECISION.

You pick low tech then fine dont whine about the disadvantages of low tech.

Gotterdammerung
17-02-04, 22:43
Cleaned and reopened.

To those who have had their posts edited, i suggest you get things in check and if you feel like you want to bash someone, take it to pm's.

and stay on-topic

Archeus
18-02-04, 00:03
PK. It's about worth.

Dying may not hurt to you, certainly doesn't for me for the most part. However for others dying can hurt a lot.

Loosing armor/heal spell might not mean much. How about if you die you lost everything in your cabinets? Is that enough to hurt you?

That is what it is like to some players, heck a lot of players. Just because your l33t doesn't mean the majority of the server is.

IceStorm
18-02-04, 02:27
My character is 2 weeks old. I collected these rares in a week trading parts.

Thats JUST trading. Now I can do that from trading.
And you did that with the 1200 NC you start with from MC5 as a new player, or did you twink the living daylights out of your new character with 18 million from an old character and/or all the leveling weapons he needs? :-)

Saito Hajime
18-02-04, 02:58
Strictly for the record, I am not on the board 24/7.
I happen to be lucky/skilled enough to have a job where I get lots of downtime and have a computer set aside just for surfing/ebay/whatever. Hence, when you see me posting I'm at work gettin paid to do it.

Certain nameless cretin, you listening? of course you are. I dont need to say a whole lot more about you, I've fairly well made my point that youre the archtypical griefing fool that makes good players leave this game. And every time you open your mouth you illustrate it so nicely for me. Just wanted to thank ya.

Seriously though, I cant wait for DoY, I'd love to see less terrorists in the aggie cellars, or at the pepper park zones. its unbalanced, a TG noob never has to worry if he needs to go from his hunting place to where he has to go to sell. Theres very little good hunting in necron proper and forget about the good ones during the hours that school isnt in session.
I have high hopes that imbalance will be addressed.

Seth Humphrey
18-02-04, 03:24
i think there are enough people who aren't good at pvp and die now alot... thats bad for this people that they cant protect himself realy...

i know some nice guys and girls who said to leave neocron for this reason...

PS: sorry for my bad english :)

Devils Grace
18-02-04, 19:47
simple

ur enemy u die even if u are in the toilett doin a big poop

i dont fucking care, keep ur eyes open.....

u dont like it, to bad.

why its only some that get ganked...

i hardly am ganked while hunting or lvling

what do i do diferent ?