PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best bug that ever hit you in this game

Saito Hajime
14-02-04, 07:47
Just curious,
Whats the best/most humorous thing thats happend to you in this game due to a bug?

Saito Hajime
14-02-04, 07:56
heh, the replies are not coming as fast as when I am not tempting the wrath of the mod, so heres an example.

walking past an apt in viorosso, not only did I get sucked in for no reason, but I was no longer my own character, I was the other player who was entering his apt... and he was me... we agreed to not dick with each other and just log out. but thats one of the best i remember.

Shadow Dancer
14-02-04, 07:59
I synched into the apartment of the leader of one of my enemy clans. Then i dropped him. mwahahahhahaha

Mr. Chainsaw
14-02-04, 08:03
I was once screwing around with some people in plaza 2, right under the snack attack with the little pool under it. We were all being nuts, and eventually our demented antics touched on the fact that there's no bathrooms in Neocron. So we started looking for one, and someone jumped in the pool. Okay, that's funny, but no bug. Well, I start spouting off about how I (in character) haven't used the bathroom since arriving in Neocron a month ago, look around frantically because I can't hold it anymore, and proudly announce that I shall use the potted plant a few feet from me between the benches. Until then I did not realize that this little bug/error existed, and had intended just to run up and sex the plant...but I realized as I walked to it that it lit up in my crosshairs like a chair...so I right clicked and promptly sat on it...

Well, hilarity ensued because several others didn't realize this bug existed either. So, I spent a good while taking a *&$% on this plant and laughing my ass off.

Saito Hajime
14-02-04, 08:05
see thats what I am talkin bout.

Forget My Name
14-02-04, 09:32
This fucking bug that I am talking to a GM on pluto multiplae times about which is happeneing right now....

At MB bunker, you get a life lose of about 25 life per 4 seconds inside the bunker. Like there is a mob stuck in the wall, but there isnt any. Its like getting hit witha sniper rifle, because you dont hear it, see it or feel it. I have me LE in, so it can only be a mob, but since there are no mobs in teh bunker walls or in the bunker itself, it must be some life bug blackhole.

This just started recently, like the past 3 days, and I have died to it 6 times already. Fucking annoying. I dont even feel like logging in and playing the game I feel so fucked over by this simple bug.

Cytaur
14-02-04, 10:21
When more GoGo's were added in TH, there was an issue followed by an official warning not to store anything in those gogo's. Since they worked just like regular rotten boxes. So one day I went there and click on one of those gogos, some fool put an SF part there hah.

Another gogo bug when I was trying to put some stuff from my inv in gogo. First it seemed it wouldnt go. I thought stupid lag and kept trying to put different junk in my gogo from inv. So I see one of the items was like x10 yet I still had it in my inv. To be sure I tried to move it again, and it became x11 .... So I relogged only to find all my inv was missing. I was like wtf, opened gogo, all that stuff was in there in their original amounts, PLUS some psi stuff... Like 2 fire apocs, a 2 slot first love, bunch of other TL 80's APU spells, psi armor and psi 3 boosters.... I was like wow cool and gave away / traded stuff :)

fatwreck
14-02-04, 10:39
i was on fire one time... con slowly ticked up... but i was sitting in my apt. i only got baout 5k exp (on my tank) so it was nothing spectacular, but hey... 3 life came off then came right back... no life loss and some(very little) free con

extract
14-02-04, 12:05
I killed a warbot>got a E tech>got ganked>genrepped to plaza 1>had my friend there ress the tech>ATP of dimension splitter

not sure if that constitutes as a bug, but I wasnt complaining

oh yea almost forgot about the time I opened my gogo one day on my rifle spy and had a full set of PPU rares and some really good slotted non-rare PPU spells.....I relogged and they were all still there....so I kept the only one that my PPU didnt have and thru the rest out into plaza 1, some happy people that day, especially the guy who got the 4 slot holy para

VetteroX
14-02-04, 12:07
got synched into the apt of a spy, killed him, and he dropped a 2 slot executioner, freshely constructed. very nice stats, put a freq and cooled mod in and my spy has since killed a lot of people with that executioner.

gostly
14-02-04, 12:11
This fucking bug that I am talking to a GM on pluto multiplae times about which is happeneing right now....

At MB bunker, you get a life lose of about 25 life per 4 seconds inside the bunker. Like there is a mob stuck in the wall, but there isnt any. Its like getting hit witha sniper rifle, because you dont hear it, see it or feel it. I have me LE in, so it can only be a mob, but since there are no mobs in teh bunker walls or in the bunker itself, it must be some life bug blackhole.

This just started recently, like the past 3 days, and I have died to it 6 times already. Fucking annoying. I dont even feel like logging in and playing the game I feel so fucked over by this simple bug

same shit just happened to me while i was standing in the bunker...had about 50 health...put on heal...40...30...20...9...4...dead...so i was like well fuck this, and logged off...pissed me off...:rolleyes: they really need to fix it...

Strych9
14-02-04, 12:12
Originally posted by Forget My Name

This just started recently, like the past 3 days, and I have died to it 6 times already. Fucking annoying. I dont even feel like logging in and playing the game I feel so fucked over by this simple bug. Happened to me all the time. Based on the damage I assumed it was a mutant gumnan stuck in the wall.

extract
14-02-04, 12:12

This just started recently, like the past 3 days, and I have died to it 6 times already. Fucking annoying. I dont even feel like logging in and playing the game I feel so fucked over by this simple bug.

you sure its just not AOE???? those hurlers if they throw too close to wall will do damage to you inside the bunker, Ive seem many droners die in there due to that LOL..........Im sure thats what it is man..........

gostly
14-02-04, 12:15
you sure its just not AOE???? those hurlers if they throw too close to wall will do damage to you inside the bunker, Ive seem many droners die in there due to that LOL..........Im sure thats what it is man..........

it might be that...but their is no explosion sounds...or anything that would make you think it was grenades...your health just starts dropping...like i tryed to run to a different spot and was still getting hit :rolleyes:

extract
14-02-04, 12:17
Originally posted by gostly
it might be that...but their is no explosion sounds...or anything that would make you think it was grenades...your health just starts dropping...like i tryed to run to a different spot and was still getting hit :rolleyes:

the only other thing it could be, and this happens in agg cellars all the time, is those elightened acolytes, and preachers get stuck in walls ALL THE TIME, and most of the time, theyre attack graphic/sound isnt there, the only thing to do in that instance is AOE the shit out of the walls.........tile u see some red #s, then you know somethings stuck in that bitch

Argent
14-02-04, 12:21
Recentely being on my noob PE and zoning into plaza one. Next thing I know I'm in the middle of the wastelands with some other noob. Apparently I got synced in with his venturewarp.

Gave a me big WTF-impression on my face.

Q`alooaith
14-02-04, 12:41
Dragging and being dragged into other people apt's..

Now's that's funny, cept when they don't like you and attack..

Dim
14-02-04, 13:13
I never have good bugs, m8 of mine always gets bugs that give him stuff, happened to him like 3 times already, getting him multiple rares and a couple of other valuable items...

Glok
14-02-04, 13:32
That MB bunker shit was happening to me a few days ago when I was levelling there. I thought it was just me.

Agent L
14-02-04, 13:36
Bug when ppl cannot type cash in trade window. So much time passed and this bug still is waiting out there just to remind me old good times when every third runner was unable to tip : D

Ascension
14-02-04, 13:39
Where random spells and weapons appear in my Gogo..

e.g cath sanctums etc:lol:

Maarten
14-02-04, 13:45
When my tank had a PSI level of 53... :D

http://www.eaglered.net/pics/neocronbug.jpg

Ascension
14-02-04, 13:48
Originally posted by Maarten
When my tank had a PSI level of 53... :D

http://www.eaglered.net/pics/neocronbug.jpg

How come it says u got a reward.. but no cash was givenO_o

Possessed
14-02-04, 16:45
In my beta clan (the Patriots) we had a tank that had 255 base int and dex, that's gotta be the best bug ever.... lucky bastard :p

Doc Holliday
14-02-04, 16:45
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I synched into the apartment of the leader of one of my enemy clans. Then i dropped him. mwahahahhahaha

same here but it was a minion not a leader. still a good gank is always nice.

Forget My Name
14-02-04, 16:54
Originally posted by extract
the only other thing it could be, and this happens in agg cellars all the time, is those elightened acolytes, and preachers get stuck in walls ALL THE TIME, and most of the time, theyre attack graphic/sound isnt there, the only thing to do in that instance is AOE the shit out of the walls.........tile u see some red #s, then you know somethings stuck in that bitch

Yeah, but the cellars have doors, and doors a re a 'break' in the solid object called a wall. The bunker has no sliding doors, so there is no way for an object to get stuck inside the walls.

It isn't an explosion, i been attacked while inside the bunker over the past 2 years by hurlers, and it never happened like this.

I contacted a gm twice about this, and he said he would look into it. It seeems more than one person is having this bug happen to them. I put this in for bucktracker.

Kr3Yc3K
14-02-04, 20:00
/set be_hero 1

do i need to say anthing more? ( *cough* char whipe lol *cough* )

another funny bug was " TEH DAY OF TEH P3 PRISON " i like to call it, you are asking yourself, what the fuck is he talking about?
well, back in beta, for about 1 day, ALL zones were down except for P3 and there were about 4-5 people on the server at 'peak times' ( including me, blue, retro and a few others, cant remember their names ) ... hilarious as fuck

furthermore, J10! ( dont need to say anthing more as well )

what about the NF dupe bug ? the trade dupe bug ? or the lovely " OMG UMAN HAS TOO MANY ITEMS IN HIS INVENTORY AND THEREFORE CRASHES THE SERVER " ( yep, this happened in b3 lol )

let me see.... shooting a body in order to make him drop more and more items out of his quickbelt... hmm.. nah.. bad example...

or what about running against the walls with a fully loaded inventory in order to cap con ?

well... i cant think of any good bugs anymore :/
maybe some other vets do ? :angel:

Agent L
14-02-04, 20:12
Originally posted by Kr3Yc3K
or what about running against the walls with a fully loaded inventory in order to cap con ?

or taping jump button overnight : D

Nidhogg
14-02-04, 20:36
If I see any exploits on this thread I will close the thread and ban the poster.

N

Doc Holliday
14-02-04, 20:46
Originally posted by Ascention
How come it says u got a reward.. but no cash was givenO_o

its a fuckin bug. :eek:

Richard Angelus
14-02-04, 20:55
got killed by mutans in the City Sewer....
but I was not dead.....walk like normal but can't use anything (Mobs don't attack me)
was nice....but after some time i get killed by a heal from a Monk
:lol:
undead killed by heal :D

Rith
14-02-04, 21:22
Originally posted by Nidhogg
If I see any exploits on this thread I will close the thread and ban the poster.

N

if you don't see any will you check yourself into a clinic and get some happy pills?

:angel:

rob444
15-02-04, 01:53
Yeah I lagged once and got my gogo full of complete rares (SH, rog, first love etc.) kinda cool, I would have given it back for the poor soul that lost them but no one seemed to whine about their rares missing at that time so I happily took them :P

cRazy2003
15-02-04, 01:55
ive had a few
the one i did like was when i sync'd into carinth's apt, the leader of pimp when i as CA as i am now. hes a PPU and im a spy so he was trying to gank me to fuck with parashock, and he didnt, which was funny, after a while he did get like 10 other pimp and ganked me but it was funny lol.
and another one was when i zoned and i was in FF for some reason as a monk, i could also go on the citycom and see the clan-section and speak on clan chat, i had to re-log to get out of it

Morris
15-02-04, 02:00
Only positive bug that I can ever remember hitting me was when I somehow duped a set of Viper King armor. Still not entirely sure how that happened.

Other than that it's been bad stuff, like my Devourer disappearing from my tank's gogo the other day :mad:

AbsZero
15-02-04, 04:57
Coolest bug that happened to me was when I was riding my Hoverbike. I drove it into a building, and suddenly I was waay up in the air. Far above everything else. Was pretty cool. Could even drive abit around before I fell down. Got screenies of that btw.

Oh, and not a bug, but something cool. 70 clips of antiperson rockets costs 13370 nc for me :)

Carinth
15-02-04, 23:14
Usualy when you're dropped to login screen, due to synching or somthing similar, it gives an error message in red above the login fields. It's usualy somthin like, can not connect to worldclient, sometimes it's more severe and says, could not locate player position, returning to apartment (would happen when you zone south from ceres). One day i was dropped to login as usual, but I noticed the Error Message was "None" I sat back and laughed. An error which reported that there was no error, good stuff : D

PsiCorps
16-02-04, 18:30
back in early retail weird stuff used to happen all the time

http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/35-Storm%20laser.JPG

http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/35-Slots.JPG

Ive got loads more lol

I had a 3 slot Cs turn invisible on my gogo, i would have 19 things in there and one blank space, but i couldent fill it. It was like that for a month and KK wouldent even check my gogo..
so i did take all and killed myself so maybe it would apear in my belt, but it was also invisible in my belt.. i think i still got it lol

Myrlin
16-02-04, 19:47
About a year ago I logged in my mid level tank one day to find a 4 slot CS and a 5 slot Mal in my gogo. I would have given them back but no one complained about losing them and the constructer didnt remember who he built them for. I was a happy tank that day.

I've since given them to a clanmate only to have him get hacked. Oh well, easy come easy go.

superfresh
16-02-04, 21:15
1) My PE went to his gogo and found a HL and a bunch of rare parts in it.

2) Saturn lagged out. When I came back my repair tool had turned into 2 MOVEONs.

3) Went hunting firemobs at Gaya with my tank and a PPU friend. We were fighting 6 Chasers and their minions. Something happened where I got perma-sheltered and perma-burned. When I went back to the Plaza, I was still sheltered & burning. My health kept shooting up & down and I was getting 300-600 Con a second.

Mingerroo
16-02-04, 21:18
The constant syncing into the wrong apt that used to occur, so we would be sitting around our Biotech appy when a TT teleports in. :) Joyous times :D

Steve

Ithaqua
17-02-04, 13:44
Beta 3, February.

Logged in to find chars had been swapped about.

Me, Reefie, some random female psi monkeh and at least 1 other.

Reefie became "the other", I became the psi monk (39 spy to 16 psi monk O_o ), the psi monk became a random other, and someone became me...

annoying, but it was how I met reefie, keyser, warlock and the rest of what eventually became Blue Technologies.

SypH
17-02-04, 13:50
I once had 3 items get cloned only to lose them cause as soo as I logged out and tried to log in again, I got an error telling me the character data had been corrupted. In the end the helpdesk rolled me back a few days and I lost more than I gained :lol:

Original monk
17-02-04, 14:04
Originally posted by PsiCorps
I had a 3 slot Cs turn invisible on my gogo, i would have 19 things in there and one blank space, but i couldent fill it. It was like that for a month and KK wouldent even check my gogo..
so i did take all and killed myself so maybe it would apear in my belt, but it was also invisible in my belt..

i think i still got it lol

lol this is crazy funny, i had sumthing like that but luckely it was temporary, but i think it sucks if they stay invisible lol

i think i still got it lol: that sentance cracked me up ROFL

Sorontar
17-02-04, 14:15
Zoning out of Storage Hall 7 I FRE'd

Frantically tried to re-log as I knew there was a mutant gunman up there when I went down.

Got back only to be in Synch , but I was still alive so again tried to re-log.

Re-logged still alive but damaged , I thought I was safe but was immediately zoned into an area and put in synch surrounded by two gunmen and an aggie.

Re-logged staring at the sky.

steweygrrr
17-02-04, 14:26
Originally posted by extract
I killed a warbot>got a E tech>got ganked>genrepped to plaza 1>had my friend there ress the tech>ATP of dimension splitter

not sure if that constitutes as a bug, but I wasnt complaining

I got that but got a core of Herc from a warbot.

Clownst0pper
17-02-04, 14:37
I once had 2 apartment keys appear in my gogo, back when i first started, when I went to these apts they were heaving with Rares and 4 slot completed rares.

Im talking like 1000+ techs and at least 25 - 4 slot rares.

when looking and taking some the owner came back and said "oh its your lucky day, im leaving Neocron and so is my clan, do you want it all?"

I quickly said yes and still use the apartments today :D

Organics
17-02-04, 18:09

Agreed, agreed.

I hate this fucking bug. There is no warning, no graphics effect, no sound, no blood, just your healthbar steadily going down. If you are lucky you notice it before being killed, but sometimes if you have run into the bunker after being slammed by a few LC's and you want to heal, you get killed by the invisible death for no apparent reason.

It's even more annoying than the Enlightened Preachers getting stuck in the walls at Aggie cellars, at least you can see the flames etc so you know when you are getting hurt.

That's definitely the WORST bug for me.

The best one was when I was almost dead from 2 WB's on my ass, trying to run with busted legs. Then I got the Sync screen, and wound back up in MB with full health :D Was really cool hehe.