PDA

View Full Version : Con setup: is versatility important?

FatDogg
14-02-04, 01:11
as I sit and tweak my con setup, I'm looking at my options... I have a setup where I can cap fire or cap energy by switiching parts of armor out. I also have more stable setup with one set of armor. I think versatility is nice for PvM, but I wanred to know what some tanks choose to do for PvP. basically, change armor to cap specific damages or have a more balanced single armor setup?

ZoneVortex
14-02-04, 01:16
i try to balance my armor

like....keep the energy a little higher than the fire but so it still works with my con...

then if i go hunting fire mobs i put on all inq if needed or whatever, y'know?

that's what's nice about armor is that you can change it whenever you feel like it...

so pick a set of armor, match it to your con, and then change armor when you hunt or whatever...

i guess that's what you meant, didn't quite understand it :angel:

Psycho Killa
14-02-04, 01:16
Balance for pvp...

Potentialy Energy as a tad more important since a majority of pvp weapons are energy based (or force/pierce which is easy to spec for)

So I would go for even xray and fire.... Possibly same energy as xray and fire if you can a slight amount more.

Dont forget atleast 50 to 70 poisin which will stop most pvp poisin damage as opposed to having 0 and getting ********** by a single apus poisin beam.

I suggest 2 energy armors and 2 fire based armors. The xray bones also is very good for getting your xray high.

That way if you go fire mob hunting switch the 2 energy for inqustion.

If you do warbot/worm tunnels you can switch your fire for energy.

You will be balanced for pvp and be versitale for pvm.

Mr Friendly
14-02-04, 01:24
Originally posted by FatDogg
as I sit and tweak my con setup, I'm looking at my options... I have a setup where I can cap fire or cap energy by switiching parts of armor out. I also have more stable setup with one set of armor. I think versatility is nice for PvM, but I wanred to know what some tanks choose to do for PvP. basically, change armor to cap specific damages or have a more balanced single armor setup?

with a tank, there's a setup w/ the armor & all to cap 3/4 energy, 3/4 poison, 3/4 xray & all of fire, while having good speed & high health. Just keep epxerimenting, trying diffrent combos & all with a skillmanager or just in-game till u find it. took me 2 days, but thats only cuz im no stranger to con setups

naimex
14-02-04, 03:12
I have my tank resists very balanced, in the high end. ALL of them..

it can be done... try it ;) I like it.

[EDIT : I use same armor for PvP as PvM even caves]

nugz420
14-02-04, 18:57
resists are good to have balanced.with poision being able to be lower than the others and still be alright.Currently I have I think 150 energy and fire and 125 xray and a decent amount of poison.(numbers represent total armor values).With my current setup I can hunt basicly everywhere ingame pvm with out switching my armor.

PvP wise it seems well balanced on all areas also.

FatDogg
15-02-04, 01:45
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
with a tank, there's a setup w/ the armor & all to cap 3/4 energy, 3/4 poison, 3/4 xray & all of fire, while having good speed & high health. Just keep epxerimenting, trying diffrent combos & all with a skillmanager or just in-game till u find it. took me 2 days, but thats only cuz im no stranger to con setups

uhhh... since 100% blocking of any damage is impossible, shall I assume you mean 100% and 75% of the total possible armor? (200 armor or 76% of damage bloack)