PDA

View Full Version : Parashock Insanity?

Ghost_Shifter
14-02-04, 01:10
As a PPU, can someone please explain to me why the fuck my 3 slot little fikin parashock halo that cost me fuck all has more effect on people than my uber rare parashock which I spent a long time working to get and a lot of cash getting it?

I've heard all the BS about removing para from the game, and if that happens.. fair enough, but until that day KK can you please balance this issue out. Make the RARE (cough... HELLO!) more effective than the noob halo (cough... HELLO!)

If you really wanna nerf it, nerf beam and halo, hell even nerf the rare, but at least make more valuable than a damn halo! (cough... HELLO!)

Sorry, am I the only one that thinks that having the halo weaker than the uber rare is obvious??

Richard Blade
14-02-04, 01:44
My PPU used his mainly for PvM. He could hunt alone at that time.

Combat situations would require him to damage boost, then heal and re-sheild, or rez. Not enough time to parashock people.

I'm more iritated that they messed it up so bad that it doesn't work on most mobs now.

But, I see your point. A rare is a rare, and should be better than the rest.

Maarten
14-02-04, 01:56
See, I'm not the only one who noticed this. At least I'm not crazy... (we all are :p)

Disturbed021
14-02-04, 02:27
HP is worthless and it is quite retarded.
I believe another nerf is coming for the para halos soon, but you are right the RARE form of para should be much more powerful than the NON-RARE para.

sw1tch
14-02-04, 02:38
yes please, pvp parashocking should be restricted to the rare spell only, and more control over getting shocked is needed

QuantumDelta
14-02-04, 02:40
Originally posted by Ghost_Shifter
As a PPU, can someone please explain to me why the fuck my 3 slot little fikin parashock halo that cost me fuck all has more effect on people than my uber rare parashock which I spent a long time working to get and a lot of cash getting it?

I've heard all the BS about removing para from the game, and if that happens.. fair enough, but until that day KK can you please balance this issue out. Make the RARE (cough... HELLO!) more effective than the noob halo (cough... HELLO!)

If you really wanna nerf it, nerf beam and halo, hell even nerf the rare, but at least make more valuable than a damn halo! (cough... HELLO!)

Sorry, am I the only one that thinks that having the halo weaker than the uber rare is obvious?? They're currently still trying to balance it I guess..
It included "finally balanced" in the patch notes but meh...

Ghost_Shifter
18-02-04, 11:38
Think how happy the tank class would be if the plasma cannon suddenly became more powerful than the CS.....

I guess us monkes are so used to being fubar that we've come to accept it *sigh*

naimex
18-02-04, 11:40
Smallest Parashock spell ingame > Full artifact highest tl rare weapon freezer

In freezing percentage..

Carinth
18-02-04, 19:38

Sorry, am I the only one that thinks that having the halo weaker than the uber rare is obvious??

I believe you have made the mistake of thinking people actualy care about ppu's problems. That our rare parashock is worthless is only one of many things that plague ppu's. But we're overpowered/overimportant so no sympathy.

LTA
18-02-04, 20:16
Think how happy the tank class would be if the plasma cannon suddenly became more powerful than the CS.....

tbh i'd be over the moon ...... cs parts are a pain in the ass and it means i'd have points for melee aswell ... or frc resist and trans.... Rockin! :p

Carinth
18-02-04, 20:46
Originally posted by LTA
tbh i'd be over the moon ...... cs parts are a pain in the ass and it means i'd have points for melee aswell ... or frc resist and trans.... Rockin! :p

That's not quite right, what he meant was that plasma cannons would stay the same, but CS would be drasticly weakened. So that your TPC is the best you can do. It's still not an acurate comparison because tanks have a variety of other rare weapons. PPU's have a couple other useful rares, but they're not in the same catagory. Holy Paralysis is the closest we have to a rare weapon. Also keep in mind that no other class would have its rares weakened, just the Tanks.

There was a point several months ago when you could literaly buy a parabeam from yakarmas and it would have more range/rof then holy paralysis. Now we go even lower with holy para halo being better by far then any other parashocks. I seriously wish kk would decide what the purpose of parashock is and act accordingly. No more tweaking it back and forth. If it's that much of a problem just get rid of it. Think of some new mechanism to do what you intended parashock to do.

LTA
18-02-04, 21:01
Originally posted by Carinth
That's not quite right, what he meant was that plasma cannons would stay the same, but CS would be drasticly weakened. So that your TPC is the best you can do. It's still not an acurate comparison because tanks have a variety of other rare weapons.

Well i only went based on what i put together heh

Parashock halo is lower tl yet more powerful than HP
Plasma is lower tl but would be more powerfull than cs

Aziraphale
18-02-04, 21:59
Hello?

Carinth
18-02-04, 22:13
Hi !

Ascension
18-02-04, 22:54
Remove the para-shock.. then u wont have to worry

[also Ghost_Shifter dude.. the req on sigs is 100 u will get penalized for having it 144;)]

cRazy2003
19-02-04, 02:02
cough... HELLO!

fatwreck
19-02-04, 03:00
i think that the shocks should be no stronger than how the freezer rifle and melle ones are now. its noticable, but not so bad that you stand no chance when frozen.