PDA

View Full Version : Dental tip for everyone

Strych9
13-02-04, 19:26
For all of you kids out there- for the love of all that is sacred, get your wisdom teeth pulled out now. Dont wait, go and do it now.

If you wait til you are 31, like me, you will have to go through what I am now going through.

Trust me on this one.

;)

Benjie
13-02-04, 19:28
If I wait untill i'm 31, that will be the year 2015. The way I see it is they will probabally have some Hi-Teck anit-pain device by then, so fuck it.

:)

ponders
13-02-04, 19:34
Originally posted by Benjie
If I wait untill i'm 31, that will be the year 2015. The way I see it is they will probabally have some Hi-Teck anit-pain device by then, so fuck it.

:)

lol good point , they are working on advanced techniques now that should be around in the near future, so i think ill wait until my options are better or i have no choice becuase of pain .

KramerTheWeird
13-02-04, 19:38
I don't care about the operation, I'll wait until we live in the skies and fly hovercars, because it'd be that much cooler going to the dentist then.

wench
13-02-04, 19:39
hehe im ok im 30 and have no wisdom teeth :D

hmmm actually not sure wot that says about me o_O O_o

Clownst0pper
13-02-04, 19:40
hmmm actually not sure wot that says about me

Your 30 and have no teeth? :lol:

wench
13-02-04, 19:43
rofl@ the images that brings

just the wisdom ones im missing :D

btw u following me around the forum ? hehe

Mr. Chainsaw
13-02-04, 19:53
Don't forget to floss kids, in some ways it's more important than brushing. And don't lie to the dentist about flossing...they have this stuff they can put on your teeth that shows how much plaque build up there is...they know if you haven't flossed, my god they know!!!!!

I know too many dental techs.

Marx
13-02-04, 19:54
Just pray you have a retarded mouth without wisdom teeth.

:cool:

\\Fényx//
13-02-04, 19:59
heh im 20 now and ive got 2 just coming through now at the top, and man they hurt like hell at times ...

Drake6k
13-02-04, 20:09
I got mine out when I was 16 and it still sucked :(

Argent
13-02-04, 20:38
I got recently all 4 of them removed at the same time (thanks to my medical condition atm) and I'm 20.

The actual operation wasn't so bad, as long as you can stand many very loud bone crack sounds :-)

But after the local anaesthesia lost it's effect and I still hadn't got the pain killers, all hell broke loose. And I mean it, I've broken bones, hurt myself in so many time but NOTHING was so bad pain as this one.

Get pain killers. Before the operation o.O.

Mr. Chainsaw
13-02-04, 20:40
Local anesthesia? They put me out for mine, but one of them was coming in crooked anyway. They said the other 3 would eventually start to give me trouble, so the dentist and I decided it would be best to take them all out at once.

It's not so bad when they put you out, except when you wake up your pants are undone. Like I care, that nurse was pretty cute...unless the dentist himself...

Onoz!!!

Argent
13-02-04, 20:44
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
Local anesthesia? They put me out for mine

Naah, it worked just fine and the doctors prefers it too. I just waited too long until I got the pain killers after the op. Stupid me.

StryfeX
13-02-04, 20:45
Originally posted by wench
hehe im ok im 30 and have no wisdom teeth :D

hmmm actually not sure wot that says about me o_O O_o That must mean you simply have a big mouth. :p (Seriously, if your mouth is large enough, sometimes you don't have to get your wisdom teeth removed. o_O)

--Stryfe

Dissenter
13-02-04, 20:53
My dad just had that done, hes 40, and he really did not look impressed ;)

Original monk
13-02-04, 20:55
i yust got em removed all 4 about 3 months ago :) im very happy there gone :)

and argent: because the only real fear i have is fear of something happening to my teeth i took my precautions :) that means that i had lotsa painkillers in the house but i didnt needed em luckely :)

the doctor gave me somekind of magical injection, the weird thing about it was that i didnt had any pain at all and for the rest i was completely sober o.O really weird, so actually i didnt had any pain at all, it was yust annoying that it was a bit swollen :) but i used a icecompress for a day and it got better real soon :)

so i expecrted it to be hell but actually it was yust a bit annoying that i couldnt talk or eat cause it was all swollen, but after a day i could drink and after 2 days i could talk decently again.

also them annoying wire's cause they had to stitch up quite alot :/
but they dissolved from thereselves and after 3 days everything was normal again :)

so it seems i was lucky, in contrary with you ..

Spoon
13-02-04, 21:04
The only good thing about having your wisdom teeth pulled, is the drugs you get afterwards.......

I got mine pulled when I was 15, that was over 25 years ago....:o

It seems they wait till people are older these days.....
It tends to disrupt peoples lives more, too....o_O

Strych9
13-02-04, 22:35
Well the dentist was basically cursing my age the whole time. Said that because I was this old, the roots were fully estsblished. The bottom two had to be helped out, couldnt just yank em.

And to those that said that they would wait and ley there be new advances in the field... yeah, like dentistry is so outdated. I mean, they got me numb by attaching leeches to my arm... :rolleyes:

Just giving some friendly advice. The longer you wait, the worse it gets. :)

Mr. Chainsaw
13-02-04, 22:46
Strych9 is right, regardless of medical advances, getting them pulled at an earlier age is always easier. It's like saying "I'll have sex with this filthy prostitute, I'm sure they'll develop a cure to gonorhea in the next 15 years."

Strych9
13-02-04, 22:49
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
Strych9 is right, regardless of medical advances, getting them pulled at an earlier age is always easier. It's like saying "I'll have sex with this filthy prostitute, I'm sure they'll develop a cure to gonorhea in the next 15 years." lol. Well phrased.

jernau
13-02-04, 22:54
I've almost had mine out four times now.

They keep starting to creep out and then crawling back in again or smt. It's getting really annoying tbh but the doctors and dentists seem to think it's better to wait for some reason.

Personally I'd rather they just put me under a general and got the pliers in there so I didn't have to think about it again.

Under no circumstances will I let them do it with a local anesthetic though - I'm paying for proper health-care twice over so I damn well expect it when I need it.

Boozbazz
13-02-04, 23:09
Originally posted by Spoon
The only good thing about having your wisdom teeth pulled, is the drugs you get afterwards.......

I got mine pulled when I was 15, that was over 25 years ago....:o

It seems they wait till people are older these days.....
It tends to disrupt peoples lives more, too....o_O HAHA yeah man! if you havent gotten them removed yet, go do it because you will really enjoy those painkillers babeh! :D i was told that on my way out of the building i looked at everyone like i was gonna kill them and while waiting for my ride to unlock the car i wandered off and fell asleep leaning against a lightpost like a drunkard downtown haha. plus over the next couple of days i was able to make jokes about i looked like quagmire off of the family guy lmao :lol:

Boozbazz
13-02-04, 23:13
and hey man 40's kick ass, you are all nice and settled into your life and obviously gamer straight to the heart! lol when i played ragnarok one of my teamates was 53, being 40-somethin you get to sip wine and hang out and just enjoy life man, like my old landlord just turned 50 and all he does is sip wine, hang out in his hottub and go out to older ppl parties which are more refined than blaring parties.

Sanch0s
13-02-04, 23:39
I dont have any wisdom teeth, as far as i know they havent grown yet............

Argent
14-02-04, 01:03
Originally posted by Strych9
Well the dentist was basically cursing my age the whole time. Said that because I was this old, the roots were fully estsblished. The bottom two had to be helped out, couldnt just yank em.

Both of my lower jaw wisdom teeth had to be broken in 3 parts, like one part for each root. Few minutes of ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sound and then..... Crack. ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Crack. ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Crack. Crack. Crack. Crack.

Originally posted by jernau
Under no circumstances will I let them do it with a local anesthetic though - I'm paying for proper health-care twice over so I damn well expect it when I need it.

If you're not affraid of dentist, it's not that bad really. Though my opinion might be biased, since I've gone through medical hell lately. Pain treshold might be pretty high atm =)

jernau
14-02-04, 07:16
Originally posted by Argent
If you're not affraid of dentist, it's not that bad really. Though my opinion might be biased, since I've gone through medical hell lately. Pain treshold might be pretty high atm =)

It's not that so much as that I'm paying more than enough for both public and private medical care that I expect them to keep me unconscious until I can fully appreciate the quality of the nurses and the coffee they damn well better be serving me to bring me round.

Strych9
14-02-04, 10:57
My anesthetic was local, but I couldnt feel ANYTHING. I could hear it, which sucked. :)

Top 2 came out like they should have. Bottom two had ultra-establish and curled roots, so it took a scalpel, drill, and stitches for both of those. Woot.

Its now 2:56 am, and I couldnt sleep because of the pain (and no, local anesthetic has nothing to do with it, nor would advances in science prohibit this pain). Popped a percocet and have an icepack on my right lower jaw when not responding. :)

Bl@zed
14-02-04, 11:42
my dad is a Dentist, so i got that shit fone already. Luckily i had only two wisdom teeth, and they were both on the top. My dad said the ones on the bottom are the ones that hurt like a bitch.

g0rt
14-02-04, 11:44
my wisdom teeth came in and the dentist says that theres MORE then enough room in my BIG MOUTH for them

so ill never have to have them pulled

am i wierd? :o

Bl@zed
14-02-04, 11:55
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

Bl@zed
14-02-04, 11:56
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

Darth Slayer
14-02-04, 16:51
Had to have my top wisdom teeth taken out about 6 years ago as they where growing sideways so eventualy would have grown into the side of my mouth. My bottom Wisdom teeth have both grown into the other teeth so I don't need them out, thank god.
Bloody dentist did'nt use enough painkiller for the one tooth.
Dentist...... Can u feel that ( as he wrenchs on my wisdom teeth)
Me........ ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Dentist...... Oh need another Injection then...:eek:
Scorpius.

Zanathos
14-02-04, 17:17
my bottom right wisdom tooth is popping out its ugly head

ONOS!

:eek:

JiNxY
14-02-04, 18:39
haha, i got 3 wisdom teeth through at the moment, the top ones like grew out sideways but they dont hurt so thats cool, and the bottom one is nice and straight, im hoping the 4th one doesnt cause me any trouble (i'm 22 btw)

i havent been to the dentist in about 5 years, i need 2 fillings and one of my left teeth has a whole side missing lol (thankyou tight coca cola bottle ;) )

im not bothered till they start to hurt :D (or get infected haha)

japata
14-02-04, 19:04
When I had my lower jaw wisdom teeth pulled out, the surgeon forgot to suck one very small piece of dentine and the gaping hole infected nicely... man that hurt and the doc couldn't even figure out what was wrong until he took another xray. :)

The gum behind my right hind teeth is still a bit deformed and stuff like rice get stuck in that hole where the little rascal used to lay. And this happened only like 4 years ago - so don't trust modern dental medicine. ;)

Agent L
14-02-04, 19:51
My bottom 8's grew up normally but there is place only for half of them, so they're only partially usable : ). When I visited dentist last time I asked abut that, and she sad like "bah, ignore it". On top it looks like there is enough place but no sign of wisdom teeth. And I'm 26.
Having 32 teeth > having only 28 coz 28 doesn't divide by 2 :P
I want to have full DWORD !

jernau
15-02-04, 02:06
Originally posted by Agent L
My bottom 8's grew up normally but there is place only for half of them, so they're only partially usable : ). When I visited dentist last time I asked abut that, and she sad like "bah, ignore it". On top it looks like there is enough place but no sign of wisdom teeth. And I'm 26.
I want to have full DWORD !

eh?

28/2 = 14

Max Jefferson
15-02-04, 05:15
Originally posted by Agent L
I want to have full DWORD ! Lay off the C dude.

IceStorm
15-02-04, 06:14
For all of you kids out there- for the love of all that is sacred, get your wisdom teeth pulled out now. Dont wait, go and do it now.
20% of us don't need to have them pulled.

A few years ago I went to a new dentist that did the whole x-ray/exam thing to set up new charts. He informed me that all my wisdom teeth were in and that they all fit. Apparently, about 20% of the population has the older genetic codes necessary to fit wisdom teeth. The other 80% get to live with the pain of having them pulled. :-)

Mr. Chainsaw
15-02-04, 06:51
Yeah, the reason mine were pulled was because one of them was coming in crooked, and the other three would eventually start to push on the other teeth. Not every person has trouble with them, but most do. Actually, I've heard of some odd cases where someone had to get them pulled so a SECOND set of wisdom teeth could them grow in...Shark DNA I guess.

StryfeX
15-02-04, 10:07
I sincerely hope I'm part of that 20% that doesn't have to have them pulled, but both my parents and my grandparent (I think) had to have them pulled, so I'm not too overly hopeful, even though I've been told I have a rather large mouth at times. (Somehow I don't think they were referring the physical size... :lol: )

--Stryfe