PDA

View Full Version : sort out the dev.....

\\Fényx//
13-02-04, 17:20
ok, is it me or does the devourer have some magic powers of just bypassing shelters ? Armour aswell by the looks of it. With VK Chest, 90 resist in poison in CON, and a total of 194 Fire resist in CON + Armour, with holy shelter on, the devourer stillcuts me up like nobodys fuckin business. now come on, apart from another 24 points into poison resist, there is nothing else I can do, my fire resist is pretty much as high as it will go, I can stand infront of a grim percy and kill it with my melee tank, I can stand infront of a warbot and kill it, I can stand infront of a CS and tank a fair few bursts, can I do that to a devourer ? Fuck no, 3-4 bursts and im dead .....

Its been said in another thread, that speccing poison doesent hardly effect the damage it causes, Also as my fire resist cant get much higher its bullshit that it still takes me down in a few bursts and thats still with PPU Shelters on me ...

nugz420
13-02-04, 17:23
heh 3-4 burst and your dead sort your resists bro.I take 8-9 bursts from dev and thats point blank most damage it does so if you only taking 3-4 bursts you need to work on your con.

Will show you ingame anytime if you dont think its possible.With that said.... with my con cs and dev are about equal which they should be IMO with the range differences.

Thats my take on it any way

Clownst0pper
13-02-04, 17:24
I have to give in, I am the same fenyxx, the new dmg it does is too much, I hate to admit it but its true.

:(

Sovellis
13-02-04, 17:24
it could just be one big bug which KK cant fix

•Super|\|ova•
13-02-04, 17:27
Originally posted by nugz420
heh 3-4 burst and your dead sort your resists bro.I take 8-9 bursts from dev and thats point blank most damage it does so if you only taking 3-4 bursts you need to work on your con.

Will show you ingame anytime if you dont think its possible.With that said with my con cs and dev are about equal which they should be with the range differences.

8 bursts means 32 stacks... you sure have uber resists if you can manage from that o_O

nugz420
13-02-04, 17:29
I can prove it on either saturn or pluto if you want proof and this is in pa 3 btw :)

\\Fényx//
13-02-04, 17:31
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
8 bursts means 32 stacks... you sure have uber resists if you can manage from that o_O

What i think he means is that if a dev tank sits there with the lmb down he gets off 8 bursts before he drops dead, when 3-4 bursts then left to take effect he would still drop dead.

I would like to see anyone that can take less then 150 from a point blank dev burst .....

Its almost asif it does the same type of non locational damage as the rayguns, because i can be on 80 HP and get hit by a CS burst and it will do like 30 damage O_o where as the dev with point blank take me out there and then ...

[Edit]

I can prove it on either saturn or pluto if you want proof and this is in pa 3 btw :)

Wanna log onto pluto now and we'll go test that out ?

nugz420
13-02-04, 17:32
no after 8 non stop bursts i have around 20 health after poison is done with its damage more if i heal during the attack.

sure ill log on pluto but will be a few i need pokes or a ress :)

•Super|\|ova•
13-02-04, 17:33
no after 8 non stop bursts i have around 20 health after poison is done with its damage more if i heal during the attack.

sure ill log on pluto but will be a few i need pokes or a ress :)

Aaaahh, healing, well that's a whole different issue then :) nvm

nugz420
13-02-04, 17:35
no the healing leaves me with more than 20 hp or so when i dont heal i end up with around 20hp after 8 bursts last post loggin on pluto im in pp of yuou wanna ress me :P

El_MUERkO
13-02-04, 17:35

Will show you ingame anytime if you dont think its possible.With that said.... with my con cs and dev are about equal which they should be IMO with the range differences.

Can u show us ur resist setup?

Ascension
13-02-04, 17:58
If thats what it does to buffed tanks.. check it out on monks:(

not to mention our HL's damage is bugged and so is our range:(

nugz420
13-02-04, 18:23
ok so its more like 7-8 i was a little off. 8 if I cast my heal(tl 3) after all 8 bursts have been fired.This by using no armor or drugs that add poison resists and self buffed.

To me that is not over powered.

\\Fényx//
13-02-04, 18:37
yea he took 8, one time 8 killed him, then he survived 8 with haz 3 on.

QuantumDelta
13-02-04, 18:41
The poison damage from Dev most likely circumvents Shelter.
The fire would most likely be absorbed, however there's never been another weapon like that.

Worth testing to see.
I would suspect, however the fire is absorbed while the poison slips through...

It's possible KK might make poison absorbed by shelter, of course this would mean APU Poison would need to be fully boosted (eg; Poison Beam = Fire Beam, currently PB is maybe 1/10 the power of FB)

Mumblyfish
13-02-04, 18:44
It's only fair. The Devourer is pure shit, and anyone who specs runspeed (it's not all about damage percentages, you know) and gets involved with dodging and the like can take down a Devourer wielder in the blink of an eye. It's a different story once said Devourer-whore is PPU buffed, but all logic and reason goes out the window once you introduce PPUs, so it's not at all relevant.

Benjie
13-02-04, 18:46
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
It's possible KK might make poison absorbed by shelter, of course this would mean APU Poison would need to be fully boosted (eg; Poison Beam = Fire Beam, currently PB is maybe 1/10 the power of FB)

Great!
Balance anomoly number seven seven five zero two: Regarding poison, implant negatives, boosts to poison weapons, the devourer, and forum threads.

This is getting out of hand.

What people are asking for here is balance issues to be created.

I vote to make the game as balanced as possible, as should you.

Poison has become a real issue recently with the devourer.

Implants, stacks, resists, shelters, negatives and several other items in the game need to be tweaked.

Otherwise you can wave goodbye to balance.

QuantumDelta
13-02-04, 18:52
I know, benjie.

but if I write big totally inclusive posts all the time people just don't read'em o_O

Matthew.v.smith
13-02-04, 23:00
Dev is a mega gun dood.

Just lucky its sooo rare
When up against the Dev i hardly get a chance lol
at first I thought my brand new Camo PA was bugged :p
My pa2 seemed to take less dmg from a CS but when I put on Camo it seemed to hurt a lot more.
As for dev no matter what i try it always gets me.
Flames in the eyes lower Fps while it litterally "Devouers" me(cant spell it :))

Its a beautiful gun and no joke.

Matty.
:angel:

Scikar
13-02-04, 23:04
I'm a sure a pure body health con setup doesn't help that though...

Matthew.v.smith
13-02-04, 23:09
But my Tank Spy and PE all have Resists (and good ones).
Been checking the NAT forum no doubt,
Dont beleive all u read.
So stfu.
It aint a flame thread dont make it 1 idiot.

Matty.

Invertigo
13-02-04, 23:13
Originally posted by Matthew.v.smith
Dont beleive all u read.
So stfu.

Matty.

arnt you like 9?

Matthew.v.smith
13-02-04, 23:15
15 actually
Kthnx

Matty.
15 incase u diddent catch that.
and just so u fucking kno

Scikar
13-02-04, 23:20
Dont beleive all u read.
So stfu.

Matty.

Who made it a flame thread? I didn't call anybody an idiot. O_o

I don't necessarily believe all I read. This I believe from what I have seen.

Furion
13-02-04, 23:20
Just lucky its sooo rare

all the goddamn tanks on plutos got one!

Clownst0pper
13-02-04, 23:49

Applies for saturn.

Noob tanks who need it to do damage :mad:

•Super|\|ova•
14-02-04, 00:23
Originally posted by Furion

Not me ;)

//EDIT: At least not yet :lol:

Psycho Killa
14-02-04, 00:26
I dont know I can fight any tank just fine using Speedgay Cursed soul, any other weapon then they pull out a dev I might as well stand still and get whats coming to me its pretty rediulous.

Adjust it or raise its tech level so its justified to do so much damn damage... its tl 95? ffs

QuantumDelta
14-02-04, 00:32
Thought it was TL 98? :p

But seriously, it's just because poison circumvents shelter dude...

hmm...
I'd like to have a look at your CON PK but meh :p

Not callin ya a nub, just sayin o_O

VVerevvolf
14-02-04, 00:35
Why don't people learn it? Stay away from it, IT IS deadly!
But only within a range of 5 metres.
Of course, it's deadly for synch-lamers. And that's good!
My tank takes quite alot of hits from it, and many monks still survive many bursts even if they are dbed.
I'm sry, work out your con (I don't know why dev ********** you that bad fenix), AND STAY AWAY FROM IT!
A maximum range of 10 metres is like PP1 synch to the 1st ts guard you can see. That's almost nothing!

VVerevvolf
14-02-04, 00:36
Originally posted by Furion
System Shock has 1 (one) devourer with more than 1 slot. Infact we have 2 dev (1x1 slot and 1x0 slot).
And we are a fairly large clan. So don't come up like that.
(I ressed over 200 rareparts and no fucking dev part... Somehow the drop system doesn't like us :( )

Psycho Killa
14-02-04, 01:04
After taking into account that con is less then armor I get a total of

120 fire
120 energy
120 xray

435 hp

and 65 (58) Poisin.

I either gotta gimp my normal resist or hp just to get a tad more poisin....

And guess what IF IF im lucky it will stop 1 extra dev burst compared to dieing 2 burst quicker to all other weapons.

And QD its not the poisin stacks that get me...... I laught those of its the initial burst that hurts the most..

Btw I havent been a pistol pe since everyone was using pistol freezers and libby and I was running around with a judge 120 athletics and no NO resist and still pwning :lol:

But thats because last time i was a pistol pe noone had resists o_O

So im not claiming im an expert at pe setups but I think I did pretty well seeing my pe is not even 2 weeks old.

Vid Gamer
14-02-04, 01:38
Wasn't the Dev one of the weapons that got an unexpected boost this patch?

Look at the TC with all the new weapons modifications, I'm sure it will be less hurtful (especially if you spec for it) in the next patch or two.

petek480
14-02-04, 02:09
I'm a ppu and I can outheal 2 devs maybe even more I've only tested with 2 devs. My resists aren't gimped neither is my health and I don't use a pp resistor.

Psycho Killa
14-02-04, 02:23
Sure pete my ppu laughs his ass off at a dev also but then again I have the sickest resists possible in the game combines with holy shelter... and holy heal...

Try it with a pe or tank see how fast you go down.

QuantumDelta
14-02-04, 02:30
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
After taking into account that con is less then armor I get a total of

120 fire
120 energy
120 xray

435 hp

and 65 (58) Poisin.

I either gotta gimp my normal resist or hp just to get a tad more poisin....

And guess what IF IF im lucky it will stop 1 extra dev burst compared to dieing 2 burst quicker to all other weapons.

And QD its not the poisin stacks that get me...... I laught those of its the initial burst that hurts the most..

Btw I havent been a pistol pe since everyone was using pistol freezers and libby and I was running around with a judge 120 athletics and no NO resist and still pwning :lol:

But thats because last time i was a pistol pe noone had resists o_O

So im not claiming im an expert at pe setups but I think I did pretty well seeing my pe is not even 2 weeks old.
I assumed you were talking about your PPU....okay, if you're a PE fine :p

Yea, Devs a little hard to shake off as a PE... and looking at your resists vs hlt there isn't really a lot you can do, my suggestion (for pe vs dev) really is just to keep your distance ....not much else you can do - it's the drawback of the otherwise pwnage gun :p
same as CS practically except compact/compound damage...

petek480
14-02-04, 02:36
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Sure pete my ppu laughs his ass off at a dev also but then again I have the sickest resists possible in the game combines with holy shelter... and holy heal...

Try it with a pe or tank see how fast you go down.
Well I gotta cap my pe first to do that but i'm too lazy so it won't happen anything soon. But if you look at ppus 99% of them die to a dev in a matter of seconds so i'm assuming other classes are like that, if you setup your resists right it wont' pwn you. And as you said you gotta gimp your normal resists or hp just to get a tad more poison, so your poison resist is shit. Now i'm not saying that there isn't anything wrong with the dev becuase there is and kk needs to adjust it but it doesn't mean you should be able to just put 50 points into poison and not worry about it.

extract
14-02-04, 06:58
I gotta say for its range its ok........really the only people who dont benefit from it having a short range are the melee peeps, who dont have good range, ermmmm, no range...........but I think if the test server TL boosts hit retail as is, you wont have any problem shredding down a dev tank, that TL 115 DG is gonna be nasty, and that TL 111 POB......monks.....nuff said

Furion
14-02-04, 14:11
Originally posted by VVerevvolf
System Shock has 1 (one) devourer with more than 1 slot. Infact we have 2 dev (1x1 slot and 1x0 slot).
And we are a fairly large clan. So don't come up like that.
(I ressed over 200 rareparts and no fucking dev part... Somehow the drop system doesn't like us :( )

We were fighting NCF some days ago, and they had like 5 - 6 dev tanks running around. i guess they are better tech part hunters then u ;)

XaNToR
14-02-04, 15:12
My PPU can stand in front of a Dev and laugh about it as long there are not 2 more devs...

Xizor
14-02-04, 15:35
Keep your distance and it won't hurt ya.
Of course it hurts like fuck point blank it does more damage the closer you are!

Cruzbroker
14-02-04, 16:04
at opfights, run away, they can't reach you. or get a ppu heal and deal with him..

I've once visit PP for nf or something and some dev tank came on my tank.. stood there a bit watching him burning me and then i left.. erm, like 200 dmg with 3-4 burst (umm, 8-12 poison stacks).. I think I was selfbuffed, no S/D for sure. :rolleyes:

Jest
14-02-04, 16:10
My pure tradeskiller PPU is gimped as hell but even with having like 5 tradeskills, he still is fairly good. I can easily withstand most weapons and several attackers at once, but the Dev tears me up. Its the only weapon I run from. Granted Im still a few Ints away from a heavy poison belt. :p