PDA

View Full Version : Save the lives of PPUs.....

Opar
13-02-04, 09:59
Ta da. Me gotsa idea j00 see.

Basiclly, scrap all the individual combat/support/resist buffs, and have just ONE. Called COmbat Booster 1/2/3, or Support Booster 1/2/3 or Resist boost 1/2/3.

Basiclly, you get one of these constructed (either level 1/2/3) and the amount of slots you get, the more buffs you can have. For example:

Bob buys a COmbat Booster 2. He finds a researcher, gets 7 blueprints, he buys the parts, and takes them to the kind constructor, Bill. Bill builds all 7 of these buffs, and the highest slotted one is only 2 slots. oh well Bob says, maybe next time. SO Bob goes to the Psi Shop and buys the mods "Crahn Close Range (pistol) combat boost" and a "Crahn Aggresive combat boost" and takes them to Bill. Bill mods the spell, YAAAAY!!! Go Bob and Bill ¬.¬

And to swap boosts, you gotta like use the same keys as you would for weapon mods, so the Number pad, basiclly ^^

Wouldnt do much, but it would save some much needed Quick Belt space.

And who said it should only be for Buffs? Why not merge all the Soul Cluster thingys into one, and the Parashocks and stuff ^^

Just a thgouht

Psycho Killa
13-02-04, 10:02
Any ppu monk that keeps buffs in his quickbelt longer then they cast it is the same monk that dies to a solo tank.

extract
13-02-04, 10:11
[OT] I saw a TPC take down a lvl 50ish PPU today it was the funniest shit Ive ever seen............

phunqe
13-02-04, 10:20
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Any ppu monk that keeps buffs in his quickbelt longer then they cast it is the same monk that dies to a solo tank.

[gack, I can't let it be. It's not me - deleted]

g0rt
13-02-04, 10:25
im all for this

theres no room in my ppu's belt for boosters, so im constantly having to drop my psi booster and swap boosters

hella annoying

i also vouch for boosters lasting LONGER, i mean wtf...ya i can see heals/sanctums/shelters/deflectors running out otherwise it would be just one buff and everyone fights forever...but boosters? its nothing more then a pain in everyones ass when they run out so fast...

Original monk
13-02-04, 11:32
Originally posted by Opar
Just a thought

indeed, and a nice thought :) it would save precious time and space so i voted yeah :)

Scikar
13-02-04, 11:34
It's good except the resist buff. Keep the resist buffs separate (there's only 3 different ones anyway, and only 2 are used by PPUs). But otherwise, excellent idea.

Q`alooaith
13-02-04, 13:05
I dun like it..

It'd put more force into the need to have spell's consted, and would mean getting slot's would be all the more importaint..

Imagine a five slot boost 3, which add's pistol, rifle, cannon, melee and psi..

Anyway, I like's my booster's as they are, I'd be rather upset if I needed to get a slotted one for it to have any real effect...

Keyol45743241
13-02-04, 13:22
Wouldnt do much, but it would save some much needed Quick Belt space.Low QB space is one of the ways to balance the ppu. I like your idea but it is not viable with the current powerlevel and importance the PPU has.

DannyJ
13-02-04, 15:03
o_O

MisterP
13-02-04, 15:11
Guaranteed some anti-monk noob ull be voting no right now...But I think PPU's take a lot of shit, so yea, defo gud idea!

Morris
13-02-04, 15:14
What about the secondary skills? Some setups depend on the TC from a pisto/rifle 1 or the HLT from a melee.

athon
13-02-04, 15:34
And what would happen to level 1 / 2 buffs that All the other classes currently use?

PPUs take a lot of shit because they are designed to. They can survive just about any attack. Yes they may have to carry around more rares than any other class - but they die less. Yes they have to swap spells, but it's not a major problem.

If PPUs were falling down dead to eaisly or whatever then maybe solutions would need looking at, but as they stand as of the current patch they are about as balanced as they have ever been.

Athon Solo

GT_Rince
13-02-04, 15:40
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
I dun like it..

Yeah - it's much worse than your ideas... :rolleyes:

Back O/T.. Where the droms at o_O

Doc Holliday
13-02-04, 17:09
did anyone understand that or was it just me who is a retard o_O

Opar
13-02-04, 17:59
Originally posted by athon
And what would happen to level 1 / 2 buffs that All the other classes currently use?

Like i said in my original post, there would be level 1/2/3 buffs, each having their own seperate mods.

Originally posted by athon
did anyone understand that or was it just me who is a retard

your just a retard :p