PDA

View Full Version : another way to improve drones for pvp

Biznatchy
13-02-04, 04:56
Im kinda new to drones ill admit that. I got in a spot today where PVP was in order and a few TG and one Crahn needed some blasting.

I was getting the escador GR or attempting to as my hover clipped the top of the hill a TG PE in PA stood at the GR with a Libby out. Well this doesnt look good for my little spy. I though well talk my way out but then I said what the hell blast them with a MR 1000. This went pretty well the first PE went down with little problem as they were swimming at me and unbuffed. Then the fun starts the APU monk comes out of no where and Pow Boom Bang cant see anything. Complete white fuzz screen. Drone gone.

Dang that was my only MR 1000 I had with me. Run to Hover relocate launch PB20 since there are way to many vendore in the oasis to use RG1000. Well now another PE in PA shows up cant tell where APU went. I open on the second PE get him running going well. He is down to low under 100 health when Pow Boom Bang cant see anything. Complete white fuzz screen. This time the PB20 is a bit faster and made it out of APU range. I cant do much damage to the APU as when i get in fire position he blinds me with what ever he is shooting.

Well the PE finds my body and I make it to the hover and off i go. Well this would have a happy ending but the TG have these new Guards all over the freaking place and with about 60 health left i top a hill to 3 doy bots. Now that wasnt fair but not the point here.

Should the drone be completely blind when taking damage. I have had this problem with fighting APU's and with PE's that have the pulse laser pistol. It is doing almost no damage but still blinds the drone and your just stuck.

Could we just reduce this to somthing like a drug haze that impairs vision but not completly blinds the droner.

BTW guys that were at escador cool fight get you later and your little dogs to.

Biznatchy
13-02-04, 05:03
btw i voted pie since i made the poll.

Pie != > NC

extract
13-02-04, 05:12
well its like the fire effect when in first person mode.....they can just click on thrid person and poof!!!! its gone......they should at least make it so it doesnt do that in third person on a drone....cause like its not like you can specifically target anyone while in third person on a drone....you can still hit them....but you gotta pretty much guestimate and unless they are standing still you prolly wont be able to hit anyone, but at least I could see enough to steer or fly high enuf out of site and relocate to kill........

Biznatchy
13-02-04, 05:15
ohh i did not know this. Will have to work on it. Im pretty sure it will be useless unless using AOE drones that suck for pvp.

Gohei
13-02-04, 10:40
Drones are a pain to aim, especially with pistols, and the PBs can take a shitload of damage. If your a good droner you can take down a Libby PE at an open area, unless he stealth or zone.

The "blind" fuzz effect only last like 2 seconds after the drone been hit, and unless the drone get hit again you can see clearly after that.

So i'd say keep it as it is.

Keyol45743241
13-02-04, 13:12
The problem is the lag. People can shoot drones only when they're lagging and not moving repeatedly with high ROF weaponry.

I'd say, keep as it is but remove the white noise effect from damage while rightklick repairing, just keep the blue coloured you usually have. That would make it possible to move your drone out of the immediate danger area. And outside.... well... stealthers are unkillable if they'd think for one second.

Biznatchy
14-02-04, 00:07
Originally posted by Gohei
[B

The "blind" fuzz effect only last like 2 seconds after the drone been hit, and unless the drone get hit again you can see clearly after that.

So i'd say keep it as it is. [/B]

2 seconds show me any wep in NC that has a lower fire rate then 2 sec. BTW guys thats less then 30 per min. Really only one comes to mind might me is a sniper rifle. So with that in mind if the drone is blinded for 2 sec you can with normal fire rate weps keep a drone blind.