PDA

View Full Version : Name Change Deeds - !

spikeownzu
12-02-04, 23:27
Do you think name change deeds are a good idea?

I think they should exist, but be expensive e.g 8-10 mill per.

I like the idea of name changing because being able to create a new identity would be great without having to re-level your charecter for weeks..

Mumblyfish
12-02-04, 23:33
Remember - CityAdmin are control freaks. Either give everyone a public Citizen ID (a number, IE Citizen 94756) so that name change does not equal a blank slate. Either that or make it illegal, and very, very hard to live with. A citizen who tries to change his identity would be a criminal in the eyes of CityAdmin, why else would they be trying to hide?

cRazy2003
12-02-04, 23:42
that wud be good upcoming with doy in a way, being able to change factions, change ur name then start a whole new life in doy :p

\\Fényx//
12-02-04, 23:52
Spike II gone and pissed off a few too many people and dont wanna reroll with a new name ?

tough shit

spikeownzu
13-02-04, 00:12
i think its a good idea and it was really popular in ultima online.

being the same name all the time u can't change ur identity, so ur always see the game from the same angle, thats wat makes neocron boring

trigger hurt
13-02-04, 00:17
i can name a few other things that make neocron far more boring other than being the same name.

Keiron
13-02-04, 01:21
No, very bad idea. It was done in Ultima Online and it was a bad idea. It's only a worse one in Neocron.

Vid Gamer
13-02-04, 01:26
I would love the opportunity to change my name. lol

DX-Defender
13-02-04, 01:33
i think it would be a good idea in a way because i would rather have my original character name instead of the one i have now..
but on the other hand we would have issues arise like people stealing from clans then running off changing their names along with other ignorant kiddy bs that happens in NC from time to time.

it wouldnt be bad if there was some definite form of tracking, like the serial coding of all runners and NCPD keeping track of who is who.

ezza
13-02-04, 01:42
i wouldnt mind it if only to change my tanks name to my forum name for easy recognition:D

Clownst0pper
13-02-04, 01:49
Give us the ability to add a second name at least, that way I can marry Wench on saturn in the crahn church

Marx
13-02-04, 01:53
No. Nein. Non. Nyet. Geen. Ingen. Ne.

spikeownzu
13-02-04, 02:00
"No, very bad idea. It was done in Ultima Online and it was a bad idea. It's only a worse one in Neocron."

bullshit lol

i bet i played more UO shards then you, and it was always popular

ah.. maybe not in the NONPK shards, but always in teh PVP shards

Marx
13-02-04, 02:01
Originally posted by spikeownzu
"No, very bad idea. It was done in Ultima Online and it was a bad idea. It's only a worse one in Neocron."

bullshit lol

Yeah, but in UO it took forever to level (all macros aside).

:(

You can cap a char in less than a week if you know how...

If you want a new name, just start a new dude.

Keiron
13-02-04, 02:19
bullshit lol
It was 90% of the time used for scamers. In UO, you could also take someones name (no dbl name replacement). I don't see the reason why if you make a shit name KK should make an easy fix. Just re-roll and stop whine.

Don't even try to pull no PK bullshit on me, I was litterly banned from OSI for killing people (Trap chest + brit bank during a peak time in AOS for the win!). It was popular for the lamers who sat around and talked shit untill they had to re-roll and then rather then re-rolled whined for their parents to buy them (http://support.uo.com/namechange.html) a new name.

Jest
13-02-04, 02:25
I would definitely change my PPUs name. I wasnt thinking when I named him Corinth when its so close to Carinth. And I even picked the same head. :(

Clyde
13-02-04, 10:51
I say if anything, you should need a high level hacker and maybe some type of special item. Like you have to do some mission to get a your citizen ID card, then a hacker can maybe hack that or maybe even go into like hacknet, and have to go to a specific location and take the card to a Npc inside it where he gives trades your citizen ID card and gives you a blank one, where then the hacker returns to you and you use it like a apt key.

GT_Rince
13-02-04, 11:35
Sorry, but what a God awful, stupid idea... :rolleyes:

On Pluto, you live and die by your actions. You have 1 slot so can't just log an alt. Everyone knows who you are. This is one of the resaons the ones who play Pluto, stay there. Sure, there are those of us who have a multiple accounts, but everyone still knows who they are.

This gets a big ass NO from me.

Keyol45743241
13-02-04, 13:20
Nah. I want to be able to hunt down those who did me wrong, for now and always! :p

Just imagine, someone "repairs" MC5s for a living, then, in a rapid sucession steals about ... all of them and simply makes a new name with the money they got from selling one of these thingys. Rinse. Repeat.

What I'd like to see are Namechanges for l33t kiddies. Or stupid, non-RP, Names. Or ShIfTkEySpAsTiCs. But let there be a NCPD database where you can see which names got changed into what.

wench
13-02-04, 18:48
damn no drom option

:lol: :lol: :lol:

far too much opportunity for scamming, be who you are and live by it. you upset someone, deal with it. hiding behind a name change ?? bah

@Clownst0pper hehehehehehehe theres a queue :angel:

Clownst0pper
13-02-04, 18:57
Clownst0pper hehehehehehehe theres a queue

I proposed first!

I get first dibs! :angel:

Koro. :cool:

wench
13-02-04, 19:22
first dibs ???? what do u take me for ???? :p

who said you were the first to ask ? and does being drunk and drugged up at the back of medicare really count ?? ;)

there are some people who want to do the in-game marriage thing and i know there are some who will make new characters with matching second names for this purpose. having some way for people to do this without having to start a new character may work if that is what they want to do..... but completely altering identities so that someone can rip everyone off is pretty much totally out of order. isnt it ?

Clownst0pper
13-02-04, 19:41
who said you were the first to ask ? and does being drunk and drugged up at the back of medicare really count ??

isnt that how all men propose to women?

aving some way for people to do this without having to start a new character may work if that is what they want to do.....

100% agree

but completely altering identities so that someone can rip everyone off is pretty much totally out of order. isnt it ?

Luckily mahemmike is banned :lol:

Clyde
13-02-04, 19:43
well i say to your friends that want ingame marriages to go play another game, its a stupid idea. Anyways, its the furute, and even now a days you can change you name, just cost some. Maybe if they made it where you could only do it once. Anyways if you really have a good reason, you can email helpdesk and request a name change

Clownst0pper
13-02-04, 19:46
well i say to your friends that want ingame marriages to go play another game, its a stupid idea.

Tell me why roleplaying is a bad idea? And dont people fall in love in the future ?

Anyways, its the furute, and even now a days you can change you name, just cost some

Youve just gone back on yourself, we should be able to add a second name but it costs.

Anyways if you really have a good reason, you can email helpdesk and request a name change

Then youve again changed your mind.

Which is it? To have or not?

Xian
13-02-04, 20:11
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Spike II gone and pissed off a few too many people and dont wanna reroll with a new name ?

tough shit

That's exactly what I thought.

I really don't think this would work at all.