PDA

View Full Version : [IDEA] Rare Specific Areas?

L0KI
12-02-04, 17:49
How many times have you gone rare hunting, come back and had 90% CRAP?

By CRAP, i mean, Electric Tempest parts, obliterator parts (sorry spies, but its a bitch to get a piece of a stealth tool), thunderstorm parts, just general crap you dont need.

The ideas below would also increase the need for people to vary where they hunt...

I think a change to the way rares are dropped is in order...

Here are my (bad?) ideas:

1. Different areas of the map drop different TYPES of rares.

Example: Fire mobs in CRP zone have a 90% chance of dropping melee weapons, 10% chance of dropping anything else.
or
Warbots in MB zone have a 90% chance of dropping HC weapon parts, 10% of all the rest.

2. Different zones drop different sub types...

Example: Fire Mobs in CRP zone have a 90% chance of dropping HULL parts (If you need a hull to dev for instance, you sit and hunt the hull zone. 10% chance of Tech/AT/Comp etc)
note: Other zones have 90% chance of dropping the OTHER parts.

It may be a st00pid idea, it was off the top of my head. It's just tragic how many times ive heard on voice comms that people have come back from hunting with over 50 rares, and 40 of them have been things worthy of throwing in plaza 1.

What do u think? :p

GT_Rince
12-02-04, 17:53
It would make life easier, but look past the idea - it just wouldn't sit well. the drops are random for a reason. The mobs when they spawn don't think "hmm, I had better take some un-id'd melee hulls with me today" :D

Easier yes. Good idea, no I'm afraid.

Clyde
12-02-04, 17:55
rares in this game should be rare. Not rare to where only the leet few has it, na just rare to where it takes some time finding it

Marx
12-02-04, 17:56
Originally posted by GT_Rince
It would make life easier, but look past the idea - it just wouldn't sit well. the drops are random for a reason. The mobs when they spawn don't think "hmm, I had better take some un-id'd melee hulls with me today" :D

Warbot : "Haha. I'm full of slotenhacers today, that'll show those cocky bastards a thing or two"
Player : "YAR< THAR BE TREASURE!"

*fight*

Player : "Look at all these rare parts, we struck the motherload!"

*goes back to NC*

Researcher : "Lovely batch of shit parts, enjoy"
Player : "OMG, U R SCAMMAR!"
Researcher : "Naw, you've just yet to realize who fucked who in the end."

Bengalmin
12-02-04, 17:58
not a bad idea, but will lead to the same sort of camping as MC5 which noone wants, and lead to huge areas being empty because noone wants to hunt for those parts

better to theme drops in a semi random way, gives a bit of variation but doesn't nessasary create camping

GT_Rince
12-02-04, 18:03
Originally posted by Marx
Warbot : "Haha. I'm full of slotenhacers today, that'll show those cocky bastards a thing or two"
Player : "YAR< THAR BE TREASURE!"

*fight*

Player : "Look at all these rare parts, we struck the motherload!"

*goes back to NC*

Researcher : "Lovely batch of shit parts, enjoy"
Player : "OMG, U R SCAMMAR!"
Researcher : "Naw, you've just yet to realize who fucked who in the end."

lol :lol:

CR@SH
12-02-04, 18:06
Good idea in theory but as others have mentioned it would just lead to severe camping and less trade with other people. I know for sure i wouldn't trade away any of my rare parts if the last part i needed was a core of dev and those dropped at crp. Mass camping crp til i got one ;)

Disturbed021
12-02-04, 22:09
I think more than anything they need to clean up the pool.
They keep adding rares but do not take any out.

Get rid of a few of the melee rares, a couple of the Monkey spells, a pistol and rifle, make the slot enhancers store bought for loads of cash (maybe 50k for the first, 150k for the second and 300k for the next), make the ultima mods full drops but a lower drop rate.

Then the rares will be a little more worthwhile.

Cruzbroker
12-02-04, 22:38
They should remove all the under 85 STR meelees from rarepool, shopbought. I mean 67 Paw of Tiger WTF? every other type has up to 90.. PLUS the idea about slot ench etc. in the other thread.

How about splitting the drop to 3-4 types .. err PSI, STR, DEX, imps etc? Then THESE would vary by zones HOURLY (in game time).

Mr_Snow
13-02-04, 00:24
TBH the sooner they revamp the whole rares system the better but it should be a run based rather then just collect parts.

Omnituens
13-02-04, 02:49
EverCamp here we come.

this is a bad idea

if you could make is so every 3 NC days the zones switched round, this would make ppl move into different areas they wouldnt have used before.

ezza
13-02-04, 02:56
if ya make melee parts drop from from decayed mobs id be able to hunt in peace for sure