PDA

View Full Version : Visible Weapons (For Dribble Joy)

DigestiveBiscui
12-02-04, 11:58
Dribble wanted a poll posted about this thread - http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90571

After reading it, what do you think??

P.S no drom sex because im being serious :p

Q`alooaith
12-02-04, 12:24
Cross linking to other thread's = bad...

Idea about visible weapon's = good..

I'd still want backpack's to show rather than weapon's though, just stick the model of the backpack onto the back's of all player's, I'd think it'd look nice..

DigestiveBiscui
12-02-04, 12:31
i thought it was sensible....because its what he asked for :)

and anyway - would u write out what driblle said again - or just like his thread

Q`alooaith
12-02-04, 12:33
Originally posted by DigestiveBiscui
i thought it was sensible....because its what he asked for :)

and anyway - would u write out what driblle said again - or just like his thread

Maybe just take a big ol' quote his first post, and add the poll idea..

That's what I'd do..

Nash_Brigham
12-02-04, 12:38
Not going to spam my answer from that thread into this one, it's there for others to read.

Rade
12-02-04, 13:39
kickass idea dribble

Nysh
12-02-04, 13:43
Monks would look retarded.

Mumblyfish
12-02-04, 13:51
Originally posted by Nysh
Monks would look retarded.

How exactly? If weapons were stored on the back, then each "class" of weapon would need a seperate animation (IE pulling rifle off back, pulling pistol out of holster). In the case of spells, simply have an animation of the monk pulling on his PSI Amplifier.

Dissenter
12-02-04, 14:33
Very very good idea.

Would love to see my pe running about with his trusty Paineaser on his back, would add alot more atmosphere to the game.

Oh, and monks look retarded anyway :P

Nysh
12-02-04, 15:10
Originally posted by Dissenter
Oh, and monks look retarded anyway :P

Oh yea :rolleyes:

Anyway, a little white pentagon sitting on a red or blue cloak just seems more retarded than the cloak alone to me :/

El_MUERkO
12-02-04, 15:12
Pistols could swing at the hip, cannons and rifles could be slung across the back, maybe they could do it for DOY :)

•Super|\|ova•
12-02-04, 15:38
I want my malediction sticking up my ass with an animation of me farting it out and then loading it.

Rade
12-02-04, 15:57
I just love the current animation when you draw a cannon lol,
watching a tank literally pull a CS out of his ass never gets
old.

Dade Murphey
12-02-04, 16:44
Nice idea DJ...think it would be hella cool

L0KI
12-02-04, 17:38
Who voted no?

please enlighten us as to why :rolleyes:

DigestiveBiscui
12-02-04, 21:50
someone pressed the wrong button i bet :p

cRazy2003
12-02-04, 23:26
drom sex :p
anyways yea good idea

DigestiveBiscui
13-02-04, 09:40
no bloody drom sex :p

g0rt
13-02-04, 09:41
its a great idea, matter of fact im having trouble figuring it out why its not already in the game? i wanna see a tank running around with a moon striker holstered to his back like a backpack

steweygrrr
13-02-04, 11:37
I think psi modules are a lot smaller than the game makes out and actually plug into the glove itself. Maybe the could be clipped to his belt so he can unclip them and change it later?

Dribble Joy
13-02-04, 12:22
That's what I meant, they would go where pistols would sit.

Nash_Brigham
13-02-04, 12:35
I would still prefer to actually see the psi glove on the monks hand, much like first person does it, as well as see the imp tool in a pokers hand. Would definite;y clear up some confusion when ppl come running up to me thinking I do implanting jsut because I am a monk :wtf:

Rith
13-02-04, 16:23
problem: multiple weapons

solution a: only render weapon stored in slot 1, if nothings there nothing is rendered

solution b: only allowed to have 1 weapon in quick belt (spells not included... i'd say spells are just configuration on the PSI amp, therefore its the psi amp thats the weapon)... it would also be annoying as fuck for tanks who like to carry 5 weapons... so I posted it up here to annoy them :D

pistol should be rendered on belt, psi amps should be rendered on glove, maybe a colour config to show whats currently armed... rifles on back and cannons on a wheel barrow the tank has to pull around :D

Dribble Joy
13-02-04, 16:36
In the orginal thread, I said it was the safe slot only, Ie, your 'main' item.

Dade Murphey
13-02-04, 21:29
Oh...nm...I needa get more sleep o.O