PDA

View Full Version : US states lag in NC, wtf?Fix?

Invertigo
12-02-04, 09:02
Well after watching Fangs OP wars videos and seeing no lag crap like I have I decided to post this. I get an averge 220-230 ping and live on the westcoast of United States (California) with 3000/256 cable. I found out that the servers for NC are in Europe so this must be why. I think its unfair that all the servers are in Europe and people that live in Europe get a ping around 30-60ms.

People always cut through walls rather then walk around the corner and come up from the ground or even hover in mid air. They also warp somtimes or if your melee you could be right up with them trying to hit them but really they are futher ahead. Also when running places with friends they always say man your slow, but to me im ahead of them and its visa versa to them... Aghh the lag just makes me go nuts. Watchin that video and seeing non of it, seeing the damage pts go up soon as you hit people is like magic. Plus latly in the last week the servers been at all time worst, lagg outs and such every 5-10 mins.

I think saturn and pluto should be american servers and the others Europe. Or update the servers to be faster or if such a thing like making U.S players connect to a U.S server thats linked with a Europe server that the people in Europe connect to together is possible then that would be good 8| :p

What do you guys think lol

Momo Katzius
12-02-04, 09:56
Perhaps your ISP is not well connected to level3?

Nash_Brigham
12-02-04, 12:00
My ping time to saturn runs an average of 163, when it is not spiking over 1400+. And I live in Texas. But on that note, since ther eis no US servers in Neocron, they are all in Germany, not much can be done for us American folks. Now, I do hav eone complaint, to get rid of the censorship int eh American versiona nd give us boobies like all the other versions of Neocron :p

Q`alooaith
12-02-04, 12:30
How do you think people in NZ and Aus feel, much further from the sever's than you..

Anyway, it's been asked before, and it's probably never going to happen, Neocron's just not a big seller ATM so your stuck with the euro server's..

But anyway, you can't ask for any of the current to be moved, you'd just piss off people in europe who currently play Saturn and pluto, pluto english lang, and saturn is interational..

So moving either one would piss off a larger proportion of the playerbase..

Nash_Brigham
12-02-04, 12:40
Saturn is English. It even says it on the official site, patchs creen and even in the game itself :p

Q`alooaith
12-02-04, 12:48
Originally posted by Nash_Brigham
Saturn is English. It even says it on the official site, patchs creen and even in the game itself :p

No it's international..

The offical language is english.

Jupiter
characters allowed per account: 1
official language: German
Saturn
characters allowed per account: 4
official language: English
Uranus
Pluto
Venus
official language: French

Just take's a little digging to find out which are int and such... I do know what I'm talking about.

Nash_Brigham
12-02-04, 13:11
Saturn
official language: EnglishThere Q. I even bolded it for you, it says ENGLISH. And that is even your own quote.

Q`alooaith
12-02-04, 13:39
There Q. I even bolded it for you, it says ENGLISH. And that is even your own quote.

Are you dense?

Saturn

It is an international server, who's official language is english, though other languages are supported.. As english is an internation language don't ya know, all ATC is done in english, and it's somthing all comercial pilot's need to know and learn..

Mighty Max
12-02-04, 13:53
A ping of 200 is normal if you connect to a server on the other side of the world. From NewYork to Hamburg (Where the server is located) there are 6133km. From NY to Californien is again a big distance. even Light needs some time to travel around the world. And so does the ping.

Mr_Snow
12-02-04, 13:58
Man its a german game made by a small german games company so you cant really expect the servers to be in the US, if NC becomes popular enough in the US then it may justify a US server but atm it doesnt.

Momo Katzius
12-02-04, 14:43
I would say, that's just a question of the routes through the Net.
I don't believe, that an Australien must have bad things, because
his/her packets may be transported via the long fiber-optic
connection directly from Australia via Singnapur to
London/Amsterdam. I wolud say, the number of routers and
peering-points are the critical factor.

If your connection would go directly from west-coast to east-coast
,takeing one of these ocean-crossing-cables, finding a big european interconnection point and going from there fast to hamburg, ping wolud not be a problem (perhaps). ;)

So the quality of the connection is dependent of the price you pay.

ou7blaze
12-02-04, 16:51
I play in Hong Kong with 3megabit broadband and i get around 360 to 400 ping.

I'm not complaining so why are you ? :confused:

ou7blaze
12-02-04, 16:52
Actually to be honest it's not too big of a problem to play with "higher than normal" pings in MMORPG games.

However in FPS games like cs , try playing in 400 ping there :rolleyes:

Snotra
12-02-04, 18:31
Please note:

Community Talk (English)
Discuss about Neocron

Brainport
Got ideas for new game features?

Nidhogg
12-02-04, 18:35
Saturn is an International server and both German and English languages are acceptable. The launcher information is incorrect in that respect and we're trying to get it changed. Sorry for the confusion.

N

SynC_187
12-02-04, 18:38
Anyway if its an English server why would it be moved to the US?
Should be in England :p

I get a steady ping of about 47ms with the odd (more regularly recently) spike to about 1400ms...

KuifJe
12-02-04, 18:51
OMG...light takes like .2 seconds to travel aprox 15.000 km

It needs a boost imo :rolleyes:

and tbh, playing with about 200 ping aint that bad either, and yes my ping averages @ about 50

Myrlin
12-02-04, 18:53
Try playing over a 56k modem. Your ping sounds good to me :P

Psyco Groupie
12-02-04, 18:56
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

IceStorm
12-02-04, 18:56
Anyway if its an English server why would it be moved to the US?
Should be in England
More true than you may know. The United States of America has no official national language...

Cyphor
12-02-04, 18:57
Find out the system specs of the guy who made the vid and you'll see why his performance is as good as it is ;)

As for moving the servers, its a game made in germany, with the majority of the playerbase in europe...why would they move them to the otherside of the world where it would be harder to manage? Doesnt really make sense.

rob444
12-02-04, 18:59
Originally posted by Invertigo
I think its unfair that all the servers are in Europe and people that live in Europe get a ping around 30-60ms.

I think its unfair that you get crap ping to the servers in starwars galaxies because they are based in the US.

Kugero
12-02-04, 19:01
dude, call your local Phone Clone company and ask for a T1 point-to-point with the server farm in Hamburg.

problem solved :rolleyes:

Carbonite
12-02-04, 19:02
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Saturn is an International server and both German and English languages are acceptable. The launcher information is incorrect in that respect and we're trying to get it changed. Sorry for the confusion.

N

same goes for Uranus....

SovKhan
12-02-04, 19:05
i ping 60-120 on pluto. bout the same on jupi, im on east coast US.

SovKhan
12-02-04, 19:06
Originally posted by IceStorm
More true than you may know. The United States of America has no official national language...

perhaps but in order to become a cit of the us if you were not born here you must be fluent in english.

RayBob
12-02-04, 19:10
I get an averge 220-230 ping and live on the westcoast of United StatesMe too. Unfortunately, the player base is so small that I doubt it would justify the expense of a US based server. Perhaps after BDoY is released KK will hire me to host a US server. :D

40$Poser
12-02-04, 19:10
tbh, isn't every server international then? I don't want to be discriminated against if I want to go play on a server that I don't really speak the language of :p

and a server in the states wouldn't hurt, might make gameplay more stable and thus maybe a chance for BDoY to be more successful instead of people having to complain about lag spikes and such.

GT_Rince
12-02-04, 19:16
I think saturn and pluto should be american servers and the others Europe.

LOL - yeah, OK :lol:

Me me me me me! :rolleyes:

Omnituens
12-02-04, 19:23
send them pluto

its hosted on ZX81 Speccy so the shipping insurance will be low :p

mr murb
12-02-04, 20:45
seattle ping = 210.

please move a server to the usa.

and increase the speed of light. while you are at it.

(I think the odds of either of these happening is about the same)

Jest
12-02-04, 20:51
I ping 200-300 West Coast America.

And seriously, for all those people saying "Well I ping 300 and Im from friggin Bolivia and you don't see me complaining," the thread starter has a justifiable complaint. I think the amount of American player base warrants a server in the US. And no Im not saying this because I am an arrogant American who thinks the world revolves around me.

Servers should be placed where there is a demand. For example, if Neocron becomes the greatest thing since sliced bread in Bolivia, then they should perhaps get a server closer to their region.

That being said, the population base is too low anyways. We prolly can't move any servers anywhere. Maybe when BDoY is released and we hopefully get a large player base, then maybe we can get a server here in America.

Furion
12-02-04, 21:11
im in norway, thats not far away from germany, my ping is around 100 at all times, people still cut through walls and shit. connection is 720/300ish btw.....

Crashtec
12-02-04, 21:38
Now, I do hav eone complaint, to get rid of the censorship int eh American versiona nd give us boobies like all the other versions of Neocron :p

I live in Texas, and I can see tits on my neocron whores. On some there is even bush. "WE'VE GOT BUSH!!!!"

elr0nd
13-02-04, 00:18
i agree with Invertigo fully.. i think their should b 1 american server... im from east cost of Canada and i have the same problems as Invertigo... i think if thies was one american server it would fill with a lot of people very fast.. and i know i would enjoy the game alot more....

Dade Murphey
13-02-04, 00:25
Well after watching Fangs OP wars videos and seeing no lag crap like I have I decided to post this. I get an averge 220-230 ping and live on the westcoast of United States (California) with 3000/256 cable. I found out that the servers for NC are in Europe so this must be why. I think its unfair that all the servers are in Europe and people that live in Europe get a ping around 30-60ms.

People always cut through walls rather then walk around the corner and come up from the ground or even hover in mid air. They also warp somtimes or if your melee you could be right up with them trying to hit them but really they are futher ahead. Also when running places with friends they always say man your slow, but to me im ahead of them and its visa versa to them... Aghh the lag just makes me go nuts. Watchin that video and seeing non of it, seeing the damage pts go up soon as you hit people is like magic. Plus latly in the last week the servers been at all time worst, lagg outs and such every 5-10 mins.

I think saturn and pluto should be american servers and the others Europe. Or update the servers to be faster or if such a thing like making U.S players connect to a U.S server thats linked with a Europe server that the people in Europe connect to together is possible then that would be good 8| :p

What do you guys think lol

I play in the central US...I get a ping of around 160 average...

I dunno if anyone pointed it out...but when all these servers opened people were upset that we had no US servers...KK pointed out that from germany to new york it's a clean connection, meaning that for people in the US it's as though we're connecting to a server in new york when we play...we don't need US based servers...

Odin
13-02-04, 01:00
Netcode is being looked into for BDoY. We are also considering a move from Level3 but no actual details yet.

Q`alooaith
13-02-04, 01:31
Originally posted by Odin
Netcode is being looked into for BDoY. We are also considering a move from Level3 but no actual details yet.

Though chances are the server's will still be in europe..

Tazo
13-02-04, 01:53
Originally posted by Mighty Max
A ping of 200 is normal if you connect to a server on the other side of the world. From NewYork to Hamburg (Where the server is located) there are 6133km. From NY to Californien is again a big distance. even Light needs some time to travel around the world. And so does the ping.
ummm not to sound like a smart ass, but that distance really doesn't matter that much. Light travels at 300000 km/h, if you do the math, that means it needs around 20 ms for the distance. nobody would complain if germans would get 60ms ping and americans would get 80-90. what really eats up time are the routers, rule of thumb is that every router between your PC and the target system (level 3 in this case) costs you around 10 ms ping.

Invertigo
13-02-04, 02:33
sorry for being misleading...

i didnt mean to litterially move the servers to the US, im sure it would piss plenty of peopel off...

but is there a way they can make it so there is a US server that you can connect to, and that server can share info with the ones in germany... therefor letting the US players be able to play with the euro's, and everyone will have a bit better ping.

im no expert, so i dont even know if this can be done, and TBH i dont expect much from KK, i know theyre not SOI...

its just its SO annoying to always hear "OMG THAT GUY IS SOO LEET 1@!@#!@#", and then you go up to him and ask him, "hey where do you live?" and he says a euro country...

"duhhhh whats your ping"

"68"

oh yea your leet...:mad:

Ryuben
13-02-04, 02:47
Originally posted by RayBob
Me too. Unfortunately, the player base is so small that I doubt it would justify the expense of a US based server. Perhaps after BDoY is released KK will hire me to host a US server. :D

ray u need something more then a P2 64 meg sdram 2 gig 1mb cahce, gf 2 MX 200 system :rolleyes:

but on topic.........if u put a server in the USA where would u put it as if u put it east coast West coasters would complain west coast....east coasters

adn what about the poor canadians ???? :(

40$Poser
13-02-04, 02:50
it'd just make sense if your gonna release the game in the states why not have at least one server in the states.

FirestarXL
13-02-04, 02:51
So Pluto is the only one that's primarily english rather than being "International". Fair enough, I guess it's the equivalent of Jupiter really.

But yes, keep Pluto here please, you can chuck saturn on the moon for all I care, but I like meh pluto. :D

Invertigo
13-02-04, 02:56
read my last post, the idea wont hurt anyone, it would only help all... EVEN THOSE CANADIANS!!!:p

FirestarXL
13-02-04, 02:58
Canada is teh uber. :D

Artie
13-02-04, 03:16
Quick question mods. How many grand would it cost for a server in America? I mean, i know it'd cost shitloads and all, but i'd love to have L3 host one in my house...that'd pwn. ^_^

QuantumDelta
13-02-04, 03:22
Originally posted by Artie
Quick question mods. How many grand would it cost for a server in America? I mean, i know it'd cost shitloads and all, but i'd love to have L3 host one in my house...that'd pwn. ^_^ Well here's a rough, rough, estimate;

Public UT2K3 Servers cost around 50 Quid per month.

KK have 6-8(Guess/sparce info) Servers per "server", and an MMORPG Probably requires a lot more in terms of server power than a simple FPS...
So.....
At the very least you're looking at 400 Quid a month?

Of course that is goin out on a limb :p

Artie
13-02-04, 03:24
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Well here's a rough, rough, estimate;

Public UT2K3 Servers cost around 50 Quid per month.

KK have 6-8(Guess/sparce info) Servers per "server", and an MMORPG Probably requires a lot more in terms of server power than a simple FPS...
So.....
At the very least you're looking at 400 Quid a month?

Of course that is goin out on a limb :p

*coughs*

http://www.reakktor.com/Company/ServerHQ_05_full.jpg

more. alot more than 400 quid....whatever a quid is, lol. Crazy euros :p

Psycho_Soldier
13-02-04, 03:26
Originally posted by Artie
*coughs*

http://www.reakktor.com/Company/ServerHQ_05_full.jpg

more. alot more than 400 quid....whatever a quid is, lol. Crazy euros :p

I doubt all those servers are for NC.

Invertigo
13-02-04, 03:32
well lemme re phrase is...

if money is no problem...

is it possible...for there to be a server in the mid US, that is not its own server, like pluto...but instead will allow US people to connect to it, and it will connect to the servers in germany and therefore give US players way less lag, and making it more balanced for true skill to show...

or is that just not possible...

QuantumDelta
13-02-04, 03:34
well lemme re phrase is...

if money is no problem...

is it possible...for there to be a server in the mid US, that is not its own server, like pluto...but instead will allow US people to connect to it, and it will connect to the servers in germany and therefore give US players way less lag, and making it more balanced for true skill to show...

or is that just not possible...

You realise the internet...already works like this...right? o_O
Near enough, since L3 are an ISP and use the backbone lines...

Invertigo
13-02-04, 04:05
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
You realise the internet...already works like this...right? o_O
Near enough, since L3 are an ISP and use the backbone lines...

yea i know its like this, its just kinda hard to explain what im talking about...

basically its a neocron server in the US, but its not seperate from the other ones. that way you wouldnt have to make a whole new character on the new server, and you can still play on pluto... the only thing different is instead of connecting to the german servers you would connect to the US one... (if your US)

Biznatchy
13-02-04, 04:43
yea i know its like this, its just kinda hard to explain what im talking about...

basically its a neocron server in the US, but its not seperate from the other ones. that way you wouldnt have to make a whole new character on the new server, and you can still play on pluto... the only thing different is instead of connecting to the german servers you would connect to the US one... (if your US)

Im having nightmares of not only synch errors from one, but now synch errors from two servers, and more synch errors from the two server farms talking/not talking to each other and me sitting with that msg above my head and a cs blasting my poor body as i cant move.

It whould have to be a complete server farm move or not at all.

Invertigo
13-02-04, 04:44
Originally posted by Biznatchy
Im having nightmares of not only synch errors from one, but now synch errors from two servers, and more synch errors from the two server farms talking/not talking to each other and me sitting with that msg above my head and a cs blasting my poor body as i cant move.

It whould have to be a complete server farm move or not at all.

why.

Forget My Name
13-02-04, 05:28
THE FUCK IS ALL YOUR PROBLEMS ASSHOLES!!! STOP BEING SO FUCKING STUPID AND MORONIC. THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE.

Mr. MJS, can you just dig in your endless pocket, and buy a really long cable so you can connect the Euro neocron servers directly to each users house? I know it can be done, so don't be cheap you bastard.

THERE, PROBLEM FIXED. NOW GO BACK TO OTHER THREADS AND FLAME THOSE.

.... The devourer is too weak.....

Retro V
13-02-04, 06:04
maybe if eberyone on pluto bought just one more account KK could excavate the atlantic ocean and move the 2 continents closer together - job done

Invertigo
13-02-04, 06:44
lol, or for us with higher pings the price monthly should be lower ? :D

In my dreams :p

[SP]Ostrich
13-02-04, 10:32
Invertigo, your ping does not affect your pvp ability...

I fought daily on a 400 ping, still won more fair fights than i lost, and i'm not exactly an exceptional pvper.

Clyde
13-02-04, 10:44
i get a steady 150 ping. However since pluto is the English only server it should be moved to the US, plain and simple

greploco
13-02-04, 10:46
Actually to be honest it's not too big of a problem to play with "higher than normal" pings in MMORPG games

correct

unless of course the game in question involves targeting

like say ... neocron

I swear, the reason I support the LE option probably has a lot to do with the fact that I live in the states

Dade Murphey
13-02-04, 10:47
gah!!! do you people listen...since I don't know the real words for things...just read this as I know how to say it

when or before pluto was open there was a big stink about it not being in the US...KK xplained it...the shit is set up in such a way that for those in the states its as though we're connecting in New York...it's all the fucking same as having the server in the states...
if you get shit ping...then you're unlucky...

greploco
13-02-04, 10:49
I mean, when I fight people they run by me and disappear off the screen for moments and reappear somewhere else

jesus -- agree with post. it's no wonder I don't mind LE

Dade Murphey
13-02-04, 10:50
it has a lot to do with your BW too...or so I've been told...when my BW hit's about 400-500 I have a lot less problems with the warping and shit than I do when it's around 200...also...I had less warp problems when i used a 56k than on my cable/dsl...and I had a higher ping at around 250-300

maver!ck
13-02-04, 12:15
lol, or for us with higher pings the price monthly should be lower ? :D
Why? Just move to Europe :p

Im in germany, my ping is like that:

Ping wird ausgeführt für 62.140.29.54 mit 32 Bytes Daten:
Antwort von 62.140.29.54: Bytes=32 Zeit=27ms TTL=119

Still people cut through walls and shit. My connection is 1024/256.

El_MUERkO
13-02-04, 13:05
Sorry I have to ask but what do you thing the "S" stands for in

US states ...

Mr_Snow
13-02-04, 14:45
Originally posted by Clyde
i get a steady 150 ping. However since pluto is the English only server it should be moved to the US, plain and simple

Being that the official server language is english dont you think it should be in england?

elr0nd
13-02-04, 18:48
each day i play i have to log out and restart my comp bout once every hour.... and my comp isnt that bad... but i quesse im not gonna complain because i download junk alot and probaly alot of spyware on my comp.... but i think it would bbe good to have 1 server in US...

QuantumDelta
13-02-04, 18:54
You wouldn't need to reboot your comp every hour because of lag...
sounds more like a memory leak o_O

Kugero
14-02-04, 00:22
sounds like more people need to wax their cat5 cables.

a smooth, streak-free shine goes a long way towards decreasing ping delay. Just make sure you buff in the same direction with the electron flow otherwise you'll set up a cross-talk harmonic that might over-drive your electromagnetic field causing your cable to melt and then your ping lag really hits the fan ...

ever see that happen? not pretty. *shudder*

Invertigo
14-02-04, 00:34
is there anyway to change the ammount of badwidth neocron takes out of your connection by modding the INI's?

oh and when i said US States, i was typing fast, and i was thinking united states in my head not just US, and i thought states...typed it...whatever...thats what happens when you type 104 wpm;)

Invertigo
14-02-04, 00:52
Well I know theres people with far worce ping than me but none of us should have to bare with these high pings and any lag. They should simply find a way to fix it to make it fair for all of us sinse we all fairly pay the same price, I dont know how but im not the one that made the game so its there duty to find out.

BUT IMO.... We should get at least one server dedicated in the U.S.

Planetside does a good server setup, its also proff of a disadvantage for us with higher pings.

In the Europe server at pings of 250-300 on planetside it lags all the time. With people running through walls and all that crazy stuff. On the East coast U.S server with pings 130-160 theres still some lag but not as bad. But in the weast coast server its a hell of a lot better with pings of 50-60 with non of the bullshit lag.

aelfkins
14-02-04, 00:58
Originally posted by Cyphor
As for moving the servers, its a game made in germany, with the majority of the playerbase in europe...why would they move them to the otherside of the world where it would be harder to manage? Doesnt really make sense.

It's a mainly european player base cause most of the american left cause of all the problems and poor/timely support. :(

Dade Murphey
14-02-04, 01:46
Well I know theres people with far worce ping than me but none of us should have to bare with these high pings and any lag. They should simply find a way to fix it to make it fair for all of us sinse we all fairly pay the same price, I dont know how but im not the one that made the game so its there duty to find out.

BUT IMO.... We should get at least one server dedicated in the U.S.

Planetside does a good server setup, its also proff of a disadvantage for us with higher pings.

In the Europe server at pings of 250-300 on planetside it lags all the time. With people running through walls and all that crazy stuff. On the East coast U.S server with pings 130-160 theres still some lag but not as bad. But in the weast coast server its a hell of a lot better with pings of 50-60 with non of the bullshit lag.

Look...dude...plz listen...if the forums went back farther I would find the post for you...for all intents and purposes you are connect to the NC servers in New York...if you get a bad ping...it's not really KK's fault...for all intents and purposes...you have a US server

KuifJe
14-02-04, 12:17
Dont compare Sony Online Entertainment resources to KK's for starters ;)

steweygrrr
14-02-04, 21:00
Originally posted by Myrlin
Try playing over a 56k modem. Your ping sounds good to me :P

errr NC forces everyone to connect at 56k bandwidth, thats why the autopatcher takes so long to d/l

Invertigo
14-02-04, 21:14
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
Look...dude...plz listen...if the forums went back farther I would find the post for you...for all intents and purposes you are connect to the NC servers in New York...if you get a bad ping...it's not really KK's fault...for all intents and purposes...you have a US server

im pretty sure your just talking about the major backbone that goes through NY...

if it was basically in NY, then people who live in the city would get a ping of like 30-60, but they dont, its more like 120. and the only reason its that good is because thats the backbone.

is there a way to crank up the bandwidth that NC uses in the INI's?