PDA

View Full Version : Need a better poke system.

juvestar15
12-02-04, 08:47
Why must i stay up till 1am to get my chars poked?
This is pathetic, it's ruining the game for me.

In the little times i get to play i can't because out of the whopping 35 people that play on Uranus at this time, none poke.

I've got some swine in PP waiting for an ass-kicking and i can't do a god damn thing because i need pokes. :D

After being back for 2 days i've realised ALL the reason why i quit. Can KK do something for the small group of players that really love this game and put up with alot of shit just to get the msot fun out of it?

PvP is just about non-existent if i don't wake up at 5am in the morning. For a game that is largly PvP, it seems quite stupid. A few times i've had european friends stay up all night and play the time i do, they ask me the same question over and over "How on earth do you play a game for this long when there is no one around?".

I like the game, so that's why i stick with it. I quit heaps of time but always come back. Now help me have a better gaming experience. Make NPC pokers spawn when server counts are low.

Cheers, Juve.

ZoneVortex
12-02-04, 09:22
hey sounds good to me...

Boozbazz
12-02-04, 09:26
hey yeah, having NPC's spawn while there is no one around is a good idea...kudos to ya :cool:

Doc Holliday
12-02-04, 17:31
definitely a good idea. oh and welcome back juve

Clownst0pper
12-02-04, 17:32
Heard there were auto poker machines on the test server poking tl 200 :confused: :eek:

Zanathos
12-02-04, 17:36
Heres a hint.... Stop playing on Uranus :)

:lol:

\\Fényx//
12-02-04, 17:41
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Heard there were auto poker machines on the test server poking tl 200 :confused: :eek:

Thats some guy that leaves his PC running and has the mouse button taped down :p

msdong
12-02-04, 17:42
Originally posted by Clownst0pper

ist the TL200 Poker a player char ?

on toppic:
what is low playercount ?
the other question is why should ppl playing @ unusual hours be rewarded for having a char that dont fits the econimic system they live in. the other thing is that uranus is a 4 slot server where you and others can have alt chars.

if you have poke machines whats next ? construction bots ? hell there are only 40 ppl on and nobody is a conster.....

Myrlin
12-02-04, 17:55
Don't take jobs away from runners. As soon as a poker comes online they will get a lot of business. Since they don't get tipped well, they rely on those busy times.

Instead, why not just get some poke skills yourself? You can't drop a personal poke tool or imp gel so just carry it with you all the time. I have 84 poke but I regularly poke straight out of the GR so with SI i'm only poking TL 50ish. Thats almost always enough for anyone.

juvestar15
12-02-04, 18:11
Originally posted by Myrlin
Don't take jobs away from runners. As soon as a poker comes online they will get a lot of business. Since they don't get tipped well, they rely on those busy times.

Those busy times? Did you read my post? o_O
There is no one on. That is the point of this thread.

Originally posted by Myrlin
Instead, why not just get some poke skills yourself? You can't drop a personal poke tool or imp gel so just carry it with you all the time. I have 84 poke but I regularly poke straight out of the GR so with SI i'm only poking TL 50ish. Thats almost always enough for anyone.

When you nerf your character i'll nerf mine ok?
Why should i spec my character to something i don't want because this game isn't good enough to get people playing?

Originally posted by msdong
what is low playercount ?
the other question is why should ppl playing @ unusual hours be rewarded for having a char that dont fits the econimic system they live in. the other thing is that uranus is a 4 slot server where you and others can have alt chars.

if you have poke machines whats next ? construction bots ? hell there are only 40 ppl on and nobody is a conster.....

I never said anything about Construction. Do you goto all those monk nerf threads and say "Well if monks are getting nerfed, we'll nerf class xxxx". Go easy on the exaggeration please.

Rewarded for playing at unusual hours? Have you even tried playing at times i do? You just look at it as being a disadvantage to you, don't you think about other people?

I play Neocron, supposed MMORPG, marketed as playing with hundreds of people. I feel a little cheated. You think it's my choice to have it this way? Even charge high amounts for pokes, it doesn't bother me.

Just put yourself in my shoes and try imagine how it is.

btw: Hi Doc. :D

Psyco Groupie
12-02-04, 18:19
Get some mates who poke or

Dont die or

Log off and goto sleep or

Get more chars or

Get imp skill

Its anoying yeah ... but unless you died to a crash its your fault your dead :P

KuifJe
12-02-04, 18:20
wouldnt mind a poking bot tbh

Myrlin
12-02-04, 18:20
Originally posted by juvestar15
Those busy times? Did you read my post? o_O
There is no one on. That is the point of this thread.

When you nerf your character i'll nerf mine ok?
Why should i spec my character to something i don't want because this game isn't good enough to get people playing?

1) I said as soon as a poker comes online they will have lots of business available to them. That is a busy time for them. It's not busy in terms of the number of people online, its busy in terms of the number of customers available for each poker.

You should spec your character to something you don't want BECAUSE this game isn't good enough to get people playing and therefore you either help yourself or you wait for someone to come online.

-=z=-
12-02-04, 19:45
Have you tried advertising a nice tip for a poker? If you are against tipping big for a poke (which I'm not going to argue, just a suggestion), consider the time you are wasting waiting for a poke and how much money you could be making.

Lifewaster
12-02-04, 19:57
I've noticed also, you can poke up to your skill despite synap , so if you have 84 skill you can still poke that even with 50% synap etc.

But yes, generally poking for tips is worthless, the tips are so bad I usually just close trade and give it free.

Which is why most High tl pokers dont bother to use it as a tradeskill at all.

spongeb0b
12-02-04, 20:06
Ok yes to poke bot.... but it should charge a stoopid ammount (depending on rank... TL etc.) otherwise the pokers in game at the moment will get fucked outta business.... it'd be unfair