PDA

View Full Version : PE constructor.

Dookie
12-02-04, 06:18
Just a guess, i can be wrong.

Construction skill caps at 255 as all other skills right?

With this imps - SS, const chip 1,2,3, const glove and any PA, PE has 181 const skill (all points in construct) 77 int and 94 dex

And with this formula Construction: 0.25(25%) DEX + 0.1(10%) INT + 0.6(60%) CST 77 int are equal to 12 cst points
94 dex equal ~45 cst points

181 + 45 + 12 = 238 cst.

With ppu buff or friendly factory PE caps his const skill.

Or i just didnt get something? please reply and explain.

p.s. sorry for my english =)

ZoneVortex
12-02-04, 06:46
you don't actually need 255 skill

you can cap all non rares with 120~ construct i think as a spy, so maybe like 130~ as a PE caps all non rares

then rare stats and slots are random...so you really only need 150 then it's just luck if you ask me

i've had a spy with literally 250 construct make me a rare, got no slots

i've had a spy with 140 concstruct make me a rare, got 5 slots

had one with 150 skill, got no slotter and a 5 slotter in the same batch

luck really...

CrazyMan
12-02-04, 11:59
Hehe,

Slots random is a sure statement, stats random - not sure about it mate....

I did a test once.....I've a Tl205 conster, 122 Int 114 Dex.

I had parts for 5 ROG's.

So, I went to fact for +35 bonus = 240 skill

Build 2 ROG's unbuffed, undrugged.

Got 2 and 3 slots, stats veeeeeery similar, 1 artifact stat and 3 perfect 114+.

Got buffed up with cst3 so my skill went to 260.....1 slot, stats are similar again.

Drugged up with all dex/int drugs and made another 2....

got 4 and 2 slots....now the stats were noticebly worse, one of them was all perfect and the other had 1 outstanding!

So I dont think stats are SO RANDOM...

Dookie - make a PE conster, build a Moonstriker and see what stats you get and then report back :lol:

Endar
12-02-04, 12:32
I dont know about those stats, but i think PE COULD make a as good conster as Spy, but then he couldnt do anything else.. With a spy, you can get 130 construction (with imps) and still easily get about 120 points in research. Actually i cant understand why some ppl but all theyr int points in CST, when you could construct normal items as good as you possibly can, and still research really well...

Strych9
12-02-04, 12:58
This again???

YES a PE can be as good of a constructor as a Spy. A PE will just have to have more points in Construction because of the lower Int and Dex.

Sorontar
12-02-04, 13:07
Using that formula for those stats I get your effective skill as

77 X 0.1 = 7.7
94 X 0.25 = 23.5
181 X 0.6 = 108.6

Total Effective Skill = 139.80

Strych9
12-02-04, 13:16
He wasnt calculating effective skill. He was expressing Int and Dex in terms of construction using the ratios in the formula.

So basically every 6 Int points is worth 1 construct point. And every 2.4 Dex points is worth 1 construct point.

His calculation is still slightly off, but that is what he was doing.

Sorontar
12-02-04, 13:36
Ah it actually read to me as though he ended up with an effective skill of 238 when he added all his totals up at the bottom.

But what he was meaning was he would have an effective skill equivelant to spending 238 points in Construction and having no stats.

Which would give him 238 X 0.6 =142.8

So slightly out but another way of expressing it.

I only work in effective skills you see , habit from chopping and changing my recycle skill as my stats went up.

Oh well .........

Strych9
12-02-04, 13:40
Originally posted by Sorontar
Ah it actually read to me as though he ended up with an effective skill of 238 when he added all his totals up at the bottom.

But what he was meaning was he would have an effective skill equivelant to spending 238 points in Construction and having no stats.

Which would give him 238 X 0.6 =142.8

So slightly out but another way of expressing it.

I only work in effective skills you see , habit from chopping and changing my recycle skill as my stats went up.

Oh well ......... You are correct. His 238 was as if he had zero in Int and Dex.

And I agree with you- I was just explaining what HE was doing. :)

Sorontar
12-02-04, 13:45
And many thanks for that coz he had me confusssed;)

System
12-02-04, 15:55
I have a PE cstr but with a different implant setup. He is capped in everything and has all his point into cst which I believe gives 125 base. With the Cstr glove and Cstr 3, SS implant that gives cstr he is left at 161 cstr. I Do not have the Cstr2 or 1 implant in rather I have other rare implants to get my Int and Dex high. I believe my int is 89 and my Dex is 94, I'm not at my PC atm so I cannot look it up.

But my PE will be either being lommed back to pistol or be deleted because I've made a Spy Cstr that I'm working up.

-- Diablos --

XanX
12-02-04, 21:32
I can tell you right now, that a pe conster with 181 const and capped int/dex without a factory is MUCH better at consting than with.

KK put a bug in the system that makes CST over a certain limit reverb and become worse, I made a 2 slotted FL, with stats at 109 or LOWER, and before I made a Holy Cath Sanc with 3 slots and all stats over 112 with no buff.

So, there is a limit to wot you need, but it varies on stats of the player as too where it is

Strych9
12-02-04, 21:44
Originally posted by XanX
I can tell you right now, that a pe conster with 181 const and capped int/dex without a factory is MUCH better at consting than with.

KK put a bug in the system that makes CST over a certain limit reverb and become worse, I made a 2 slotted FL, with stats at 109 or LOWER, and before I made a Holy Cath Sanc with 3 slots and all stats over 112 with no buff.

So, there is a limit to wot you need, but it varies on stats of the player as too where it is You are using your one isolated experience with rare quality and slots which are KNOWN to be random to indicate that KK put a bug in the system????

Nevemind that we have had the devs themself state that a 150 TL constructor that caps quality will produce the same (i.e. same random) results as a 255 TL constructor.

Slots AND stats on rares are random. You can take your builder, and build 2 rares in a row... same exact rare, same exact conditions... and get results like what you describe above.

Cruzbroker
12-02-04, 22:11
Slots are not totally random. I have 100 base cst + 85 = 185 cst, 120 DEX, 11 INT and he has done near 10 rares, ALL 0-1 slots. I know a conster who has around 206 CST and about 95 dex and 87 int.. he has made almost all his rares 2-5 slot (with drugs, no factory)...

It's all about balance.

My spy with 140 cst, 120 dex builds every 20-25 shop item 3+ slots.

Strych9
12-02-04, 22:14
LOL

I guess it doesnt matter how many times the actual coder of the construction routines states "once you cap item quality on non-rares, you have the same chance for slots as anyone else... and rares are random slots and quality" it wont matter.

People will STILL come in here and make claims about how it works, often with minimal evidence to back up their claims.

My constructor built two IDENTICAL rares (meaning the same rare item). One had 4 slots and was 120%, the other way 1 slotted and on average around 112%. Same stats and everything.

Seriously, people, what will it take for you to trust the coders on this?

KuifJe
12-02-04, 22:28
People always look for "the secret" ;)

I personally crouch when I build a rare...superstition(sp?) I guess

Sorontar
12-02-04, 22:34
A chart that says it's NOT random and details the chances of slots at each effective skill level would appear to be the ONLY thing that would be accepted Strych9.

Even if you and I trust the coders there will still be people who will think they're lying:D

Cruzbroker
12-02-04, 22:51
Show me the word of The Coder.

I have built 50 holy heals, 25 holy shelters, 25 holy deflectors ETC ETC. ALWAYS, AND I MEAN ALWAYS, the 20-25th has been 3+ slots.
Holy heal was 3 slots by 22 and 23th build, then 45-50 was 2 5 slots.

Strych9
12-02-04, 22:56
Thanatos
S.T.O.R.M.-Bot

Even though the Neocron code sometimes seems to have a mind of its own, CoDi assures me that there is absolutely no way to force any number of slots. It *is* random, the statement quoted earlier in this thread is still true.

My char with 255 in all skills and subskills doesn't have a much higher chance of getting slots on rares than Vettero's 58 dex/150 CST conster... and absolutely no guarantee of getting slots.

Go read the big thread I did a LONG time ago. In that thread

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42589

on page 5, we see

Thanatos
S.T.O.R.M.-Bot

For construction the influences are 60% Construction subskill, 25% DEX and 15% INT. Nothing else matters.

The only thing influencing the number of slots on an item is its quality. The higher the quality, the higher the chance to get slots. What is considered is the final quality of the item, not the pre-cap quality.

Want me to spoil the fun on repair?

If thats not good enough, I guess continue with your speculation.

:rolleyes:

Cruzbroker
12-02-04, 23:00
Ok, Thank you.

Still, I've built that way. Weird :rolleyes:

XanX
13-02-04, 10:29
Originally posted by Strych9
You are using your one isolated experience with rare quality and slots which are KNOWN to be random to indicate that KK put a bug in the system????

**AHEM**

I didnt ask for a flame, I dont care if nobody else has a PE conster, that means I keep all the good rares for me with good stats, I couldnt give a shit

I'll tell you wot tho, your gonna say that a PE 5 slotted with 120/117/117/117 is random huh ??? :P

Dont preach wot you dont know, I've done it, and it works

System
15-02-04, 05:56
XanX,

All your doing is bragging becuase you have finally made a good spell with a PE cstr becuase you think your the only PE Cstr out there... I have a PE cstr and he's been a cstr for a long time now and he's capped all around. Doesnt matter once you have capped a normal spell rares are random :-\ sorry to burst your bubble but its true and you kind of got to go on the Dev. words on this as well...

-- Diablos --

XanX
15-02-04, 09:58
erk

FFS

I wont bother posting anymore then, I dont give a shit.

Just one thing tho, before i go, if you get 2 sets of a weapon to build with a capped pe conster, build one out of a factory and then goto the factory and build the other one there.

Cus thats what I did, and the stats were SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER.

But yet I had higher CST, by 50 aswell, and it was only 226 at the factory, not 255.

I think that some people believe KK too much, remember that they seem to not be able to release a patch atm, without releasing another "fix" patch straight afterwards. Fact is, KK dont know everything about their own game, if they did, it wouldnt screw up everytime

CRAIG DIGGERS
15-02-04, 12:28
Originally posted by CrazyMan
Hehe,

Slots random is a sure statement, stats random - not sure about it mate....

I did a test once.....I've a Tl205 conster, 122 Int 114 Dex.

I had parts for 5 ROG's.

So, I went to fact for +35 bonus = 240 skill

Build 2 ROG's unbuffed, undrugged.

Got 2 and 3 slots, stats veeeeeery similar, 1 artifact stat and 3 perfect 114+.

Got buffed up with cst3 so my skill went to 260.....1 slot, stats are similar again.

Drugged up with all dex/int drugs and made another 2....

got 4 and 2 slots....now the stats were noticebly worse, one of them was all perfect and the other had 1 outstanding!

So I dont think stats are SO RANDOM...

Dookie - make a PE conster, build a Moonstriker and see what stats you get and then report back :lol:

Statement from KK in a e-mail :
Slots and stats are random.
I asked them whats the reason of my capped constructor ?
Answer : They want fair chance for all.
thats bullshit, 2 weeks in cave for nothing eh
never get over 240 cst thats all i have to say.
of course it works with PE aswell, he can carry much more that makes him a good tradeskiller.
and ~ 180 cst is by far enough.

/CD aka MADE IN SWITZERLAND capped spy cst on uranus

edit

Originally posted by Strych9

If thats not good enough, I guess continue with your speculation.

:rolleyes:

Why the hell i get another answer then ?
AND WHY THE HELL I BUILD 5 RARES WITH A QUALITY OF 108/108/108/108 AND A SKILL OF 285 IN A FACTORY ??
TELL ME ?
i was really pissed what i saw for a lotta work in caves.

Mumblyfish
15-02-04, 13:01
CRAIG, forgive me if I'm wrong, but are you bitching because you put too many points into a skill? You screwed up your character and you're complaining about it? That's like a monk putting every PSI point into APU then complaining because he can't cast shit :rolleyes: