PDA

View Full Version : Low traffic leveling suggestions

MrBiggles
12-02-04, 00:31
I've seen several posts about people suggesting use of "low traffic" leveling sites as alternatives to the gank-infested well known sites like the MB bunker.

I for one am fairly new, and really only know about places by being told about them. Going exploring in-depth isn't really an option for me, since every time I have tried some beastie or other has quickly finished me off, due to already mentioned fact that I don't know my way around and wander into the wrong area with too-high of mobs.

So, I'm creating this thread for suggestions, not only for me but for others looking to get out of the grind of leveling at the same old place, gank, repoke, repeat.

I'm Tangent faction, xx/52, 310 hps, doing something like 30dmg to Cyclops right now.

Duder
12-02-04, 00:31
Outzone 4....

JackScratch
12-02-04, 00:38
As Duder stated, OZ 4 has a Storage level 8 that is a Cyclops rich environment, and a hunting zone to boot. Out in the wastes there are a good number of Cyclops water holes, My personal favorite is one zone east of Battledome, just off the bend in the road, look for the ruins. Cool part is, you can catch WBs there and kill them when you learn the layout well enough, get em in places you can hit them but they can't hit you, not like an exploit, but like next to a door they cant get through, you out flank them. Thet place is a level monster. There are a few others but those are the only 2 I know real well. Good luck hunting, and remember, those Launchers are good till you are hunting with rares.

darkservent
12-02-04, 00:42
If u can really get hold of a PPU i strongly recommend the regents mutants OR the GOOD OL FASHIONED WORMS. Ive missed my worms alot from back in the days but cause of there poison strength they can be v hard. And if u want to now abt the worms u basically kill the spawns of the hazard worms. I must stress for both of these enemies though u have to have a PPU if u dunno wot ur doing.

Kugero
12-02-04, 00:43
the Valley of Techhaven - plains east of Gab. Mine? have a variety of stuff - mostly reptiles and brutes/horrors with the ocasional WB sprinkled in.

the horrors/brutes are easy to avoid but take a while to bring down. You can wander around and find a few spawn points that provide a decent mix of mob lvls (35/35 to 100/100).

Spec your armor for mostly fire unless you're after WB's.

imo it's easy to loose yourself out there and the general flatness gives you a pretty good eyeball on everything. Trees and the ocasional hill provide more than enough cover to dodge lizard spit ...

CR@SH
12-02-04, 00:48
Outzone is quite a good place to level that not many people visit once they are capped. There is the cellar in oz 2 or 3? that has spider mobs in it. And then after that you can move into the cellar in oz 4 or the cellar thats one zone away from it can't think of the zone but if you a small little church with muties in it your in the right spot.

Worms are good if you can find them, seems kk dulled down the spawn of worms in favor of scorpions now. Pepper park sewers are a decent place to go before you hit aggie cellars.

Spoon
12-02-04, 00:59
Try the fire mobs between Blackhill and Tesla if your a Tank, APU or PE......

If your a Spy go for the Decayed mobs and Warbots in the zones from Blackmist Garbage dump up north to I_09....

Cyclops:

The gogo house in J_02.
The zone east of Chester.
The one JackScratch mentioned between Battledome and Chester.
Outzone Storage Hall in OZ 3, quick access from the Crahn Abbey in OZ 9.
The road from Jeriko to Shermans Bay also has good spawns.
Along the road between Northstar and Emmerson has a good spawn site at a tower beside the road(J_07, I think).

darkservent
12-02-04, 00:59
KK need to give the worms some lovin. WORMS WERE THE BEST. It was all abt goin right up to the worm and sexin it to make it spawn and surprisingly it worked. Now its impossible to jump out of the hut to sex it. There lethal bastards and i havnt a clue on wots happen to the spawn nowadays.

Spoon
12-02-04, 01:01
Originally posted by CR@SH
Worms are good if you can find them, seems kk dulled down the spawn of worms in favor of scorpions now. Pepper park sewers are a decent place to go before you hit aggie cellars.

Yeah, what's up with that?

I haven't seen a Hazard Worm or Sandcrawler in ages......

JackScratch
12-02-04, 01:16
Oh, almost forgot, you can go a long way in the very last room of the energy cores (level 4 I believe) near the GRs in TH, you are looking for a room lined with turrets on either side. The one drawback is that you need a hacker to get in there, but you should be able to solo in there forever. Specialy if you recycle your ammo.

Psyco Groupie
12-02-04, 01:21
There are cyclops ALL OVER .. look around the J's

Cytaur
12-02-04, 03:36
eh I wouldnt worry much about clopses... find a good mutant camp and just shoot them all they keep spawning etc

Valkyrie
12-02-04, 03:47
Bugger the cyclopses, as soon as im done with aggies i go straight to swamp caves NW of Gravis. With a bit of poison resist and some poison armour if it's available to you it is easy to solo the 1st few rooms with tl3 heal and medis, just stay in the water. Muc the easiest of the high level caves, although nowhere near as good xp as the chaos caves/aoe combo.

greploco
12-02-04, 04:58
there are 5, yes - 5 or 6 swamp caves, if you go far west, north of reagents you can find the one that no one ever goes to, no one. you have to walk through swamp to get to it.

way north east of cycrow, going all the way up to escador

Valkyrie
12-02-04, 05:09
Originally posted by greploco
there are 5, yes - 5 or 6 swamp caves, if you go far west, north of reagents you can find the one that no one ever goes to, no one. you have to walk through swamp to get to it.

way north east of cycrow, going all the way up to escador

But the benefit of the Gravis one is that sometimes there is a ppu with anti poison sanctum there that you can team with or generally follow around :)

Birkoff
12-02-04, 05:15
Originally posted by darkservent
KK need to give the worms some lovin. WORMS WERE THE BEST. It was all abt goin right up to the worm and sexin it to make it spawn and surprisingly it worked. Now its impossible to jump out of the hut to sex it. There lethal bastards and i havnt a clue on wots happen to the spawn nowadays.

Yup, when spies coudl out heal 2 + there spawn cuz poison was fucked.

Yeah they need osrting they used to be hell ova afun now there ahrd and they are only in DOY bot territory i think :-/

Boozbazz
12-02-04, 06:13
Originally posted by Spoon
Try the fire mobs between Blackhill and Tesla if your a Tank, APU or PE......

Sweetness! i'm gonna try those fire mobs out :D im tank 20/33 or 34 now maybe 35 i dunno last time i checked but yeah this should add a little variety other than the cyclopse mashing!

JackScratch
12-02-04, 07:20
You guys are in way to big a hurry to drop the LCs, They are the best bang for you buck. Have a little patience and you will be capped in no time.

Boozbazz
12-02-04, 08:15
haha you were right i got my n00b ass kicked

Dade Murphey
12-02-04, 08:34
The only swamp cave thingamijig I really like is the one at Jankins...main room on norm spawns 1 70/70 - 80/80 Worm...not too bad...and with a light/med poison belt you're good, if you can heal decently...just combine heal with med kits and your good...on occasion the main room will spawn a bat...can be difficult with the bat/worm combo...but if you walk (not run) at an angle or side to side in the water...you're ok...just make sure you have something that shoots fast...like an uzi, gatling...something along those lines...outside that...clops' rock till combat rank mid 40's to 50

Spex
12-02-04, 09:02
Originally posted by MrBiggles
Going exploring in-depth isn't really an option for me, since every time I have tried some beastie or other has quickly finished me off, due to already mentioned fact that I don't know my way around and wander into the wrong area with too-high of mobs.
I'm Tangent faction, xx/52, 310 hps, doing something like 30dmg to Cyclops right now.

Hmmm ... as a /52 and with this amount of HPs you should be able to avoid bigger mobs and secondly not die to them in an instant if they start shooting anyway. What I really wonder about though is the damage you deal to Cyclops ... what kind of char are you and what weapon are you using (and is that 30 per bullet of a burst, so like 90 to 120 in total)?

Furthermore, your skill ranking suggest you hit either a cave (swamp cave most probably, as you are Tangent) or kick some other ** or ***-mobs (like the mentioned Warbots, Firemobs like Horror and Brute). I would not suggest any of the Worms, as normally there are DoY bots around, too, and if you don't die from a worm you surely will from these bots.

The problem I see though is the damage you deal ... I know that with this skill ranking you can deal more damage for sure ... even when this damage is only per bullet (a PE with /4X can deal 30 dmg per bullet on a Warbot, a 80/80, and more on a 50/50 cyclops, a /3X drohner can almost deal the same damage per bullet (but not as fast)). But maybe I'm just wrong :)

Anyway, if you find a PPU who can cast antipoison or even better antipoison sanctum, grab him and hit one of the swamp caves ... and beware the shaman :)

GT_Rince
12-02-04, 12:14
Originally posted by greploco

I think I found that one by mistake - I went down, but never came back up again - was given a quick trip back to the GR :D

I can't think of the direction, but at Emmeron, get to the GR and then run past it - keep going in a straight line. Next zone is a good spawn of mutants, cyclops, hurlers and butchees - and a great big tower you can climb and snipe 'em from :D

TheEnemy
12-02-04, 13:47
Try swamp mobs, go for a walk thru the swamp sectors of the map, or search for spiderbots around MB/TH areas (watch the warbots!)

You might also like to try the outzone 3 storage or industrial 2 storage, which are both just beyond pepper park 3, and are full of aggies, butchees and cyclops.

El_MUERkO
12-02-04, 15:17
i_10 is warbot HQ

Use the enhanced map that comes with neolaucher pro then go in a team to a hunting ground that doesnt drop rares and you'll be left alone to level in peace.